• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah legit just said the show fell off after the first episode and people saying to stop pretending it was good
Bruh, the first episode is fire, what the heck are they talking about? I like the thriller and mystery aspect of it when Steven was chased down by the Jackal monster and Marc first appearance is like making you question who is that guy, the Moon Knight scene is short but I don't really mind it tbh.

I wanna ask something, what are you guys thought on No Way Home? Because a lot of people hate it and said it's just a fan service movie, which I find it hilarious because I remember a lot of people were excited when the first rumour about Tobey, Andrew, and the other villains gonna be in it got out and it was just fine but skipped to a couple of weeks after the movie released world wide, everyone and their grandma started to hate for some reason, including my friends who I genuinely think it's got to be their most hated movie in the whole MCU. I personally think it's a good movie, I gave it 8/10, but there were definitely stupid plot hole in there though, like how Strange said his spell bought everyone who knew Peter Parker identity to the MCU but Max who was included in that category lol and there was other Peter's who's somehow got transported because they know themselves? Yeah, that was stupid.
Funny you said it was hated while the movie is like....the best MCU Phase 4 Movies so far
Heck you can call it hypocrite if these peoples called NWH a fanservice movie and yet they wanted Tom Cruise, Nicolas Cage, Deadpool, etc in Multiverse of Madness and when the movie were out, they hated it because those folks didn't appear
And that peoples who hated Moon Knight is just plain stupid

Funny you said it was hated while the movie is like....the best MCU Phase 4 Movies so far
Heck you can call it hypocrite if these peoples called NWH a fanservice movie and yet they wanted Tom Cruise, Nicolas Cage, Deadpool, etc in Multiverse of Madness and when the movie were out, they hated it because those folks didn't appear
And that peoples who hated Moon Knight is just plain stupid
People when Multiverse of Madness at least tried to actually accomplish things

Peoples complaint about Moon Knight for stupid reasons: Exist
Me:
e4e.jpg

I wanna ask something, what are you guys thought on No Way Home? Because a lot of people hate it and said it's just a fan service movie, which I find it hilarious because I remember a lot of people were excited when the first rumour about Tobey, Andrew, and the other villains gonna be in it got out and it was just fine but skipped to a couple of weeks after the movie released world wide, everyone and their grandma started to hate for some reason, including my friends who I genuinely think it's got to be their most hated movie in the whole MCU. I personally think it's a good movie, I gave it 8/10, but there were definitely stupid plot hole in there though, like how Strange said his spell bought everyone who knew Peter Parker identity to the MCU but Max who was included in that category lol and there was other Peter's who's somehow got transported because they know themselves? Yeah, that was stupid.
For me, it was honestly awesome but flawed and far from perfect.

The plot has many problems, the worst for me being Peter who instantly understands how the Mirror Dimension's working and mastering it even though that's the first time he's entering it whereas experienced sorcerers with good knowledge of it take years of practice to even master the most basic use and defeating Strange with geometry, wich is profoundly ridiculous and the only aspect of the movie I genuinely dislike heavily (I dare even say I hate it). Like, I know this is a Spidey movie and Peter should have the spotlight but I hate it when characters who were previously presented as powerful, wise and responsible are depicted as stupid just to make sure a younger hero who is the protagonist this time will get a good image. The Lizard and Sandman are wasted compared to the others, especially the Lizard and Strange is a bit too much depicted like a dumbass both with his defeat and the spell where he didn't tell Peter exactly what was going on. Also, Peter chosing MJ and Ned to help him with interdimensional criminals unleashed in his universe, instead of calling upon experienced heroes and Ned and MJ being more secondary is stupid. And as awesome as it was to see him, Matt Murdock is just a glorified cameo that just serves to solve a plot point off-screen.

On the other hand, everything else is awesome. It's definitely a fan service movie but the fan service is done very well. Not only are we getting what we all wanted, it is fluently incorporated and used in the story. The two other Spider-Men aren't just cameos that appear at the end just to say "We did it", they actually have a good amount of scenes where theyr interact with each other, they get character development, some closure even, especially Amazing Peter when he saves MJ, they help Peter in his own development and take an active part in solving the crisis, all the while being respected as characters. My greatest fear upon learning about them in the movie was that MCU Peter was going to fight alone at first in the final battle and then find himself in difficulties and at the last moment, the other two would suddenly came out of nowhere to save him but fortunately, they're actually genuine characters. The other three invaders are also very well treated, the Goblin is terrifying in that he's just there to make people suffer and destroy Peter's life and nothing else, Electro gets not only a far better design but also much more personnality and genuine development and it's the same for Octavius who gets a very emotional scene. My only regret is that we could have had even more, like Gwen being brought back by the event , same for Harry, that would have been great.
The best part about it is that, that level of fan service wasn't needed in a Spider-Man movie, where we could have just gotten a normal advanture on his own for Peter. In short, this fan service is what Multiverse of Madness should have done.

Overall, the movie is flawed, far from perfect and makes Strange too ridiculous for my taste but it's definitely a very good movie for a fan. Just not a perfect one.

I... dont think thats why people like multiverse of madness. Or at least the majority who dont.

Its meh, the multiverse stuff is pretty boring until Tobey and Andrew arrive. I really liked the opening to the movie and its ending. Its the best MCU Spider-Man movie...Which isn't that big of an accomplishment. It has great fight scenes outside of the Statue of Liberty Battle and everyone does a great performance.

It's still my favourite Disney+ show solely for feeling fresh but Moon Knight didn't really stick the landing tbh. And I do hope they move to more street level stuff in the future because they lied about it having more violence smh.

I mean, I think we'll get more of Jake in season two. I think that they wanted to flesh out Marc and Steven's core story first, which I think they did a really good job of imho. If they had all three personalities going at once, it'd probably be a bit bloated with backstory as to why Jake is also a persona.

I mean, I think we'll get more of Jake in season two. I think that they wanted to flesh out Marc and Steven's core story first, which I think they did a really good job of imho. If they had all three personalities going at once, it'd probably be a bit bloated with backstory as to why Jake is also a persona.
Bro, they don't even know if they're getting a season two. They also could've just wrote a story that fleshed out all three (Another reason why the Six Episode Formate is shit). From the little that they've shown of Jake, they seem to be villainizing him, which is bad for the overall representation of DID (Though its not like the show already doing the best at that either)

That's odd, I know most people enjoyed it. Even the critical drinker enjoyed the movie, and he is known for disliking most modern film projects.

For me, it's easily the best phase 4 movie by a mile (Not a high bar). However, it's biggest flaw is the first half, they really rushed the cliffhanger we saw in FFH. We get two scenes, then Matt Murdock comes in and says, "Charge's are dropped" and that's the end. They should have made the first half more serious in tone, but even the scene in which Peter tries to request Strange to do the spell is too lighthearted.

The second half is good enough, DaFoe's goblin was the best character in the movie, Sandman's villainy made no sense however. I really liked the Aunt May death and I'm glad they did not treat her as the "hot mom who flirts with Happy" unlike the last two movies. The ending was great, and I hope they don't ruin it in future projects.

Fight scenes were good enough, the fight with strange and the apartment fight are the best in my opinion

7.5/10

The second half is good enough, DaFoe's goblin was the best character in the movie, Sandman's villainy made no sense however. I really liked the Aunt May death and I'm glad they did not treat her as the "hot mom who flirts with Happy" unlike the last two movies. The ending was great, and I hope they don't ruin it in future projects.
Oh abosolutly, I don't know who approved the whole "Peter, I want to **** your aunt" thing that almost every middle aged male character did upon meeting her, but good lord was it dumb

Bro, they don't even know if they're getting a season two. They also could've just wrote a story that fleshed out all three (Another reason why the Six Episode Formate is shit). From the little that they've shown of Jake, they seem to be villainizing him, which is bad for the overall representation of DID (Though its not like the show already doing the best at that either)
Well, it seemed to be praised, so I would expect them to make a season 2. I also disagree with the amount of episodes, but I think they made the right decision with the amount of time they had available.

Wow people are already hating on Thor L&T and they’re saying that Moon Knight is a lot better and not to expect anything from this movie, someone deadass said that Marvel has “failed us” like you don’t even know who “us” is so stfu lol

Wow people are already hating on Thor L&T and they’re saying that Moon Knight is a lot better and not to expect anything from this movie, someone deadass said that Marvel has “failed us” like you don’t even know who “us” is so stfu lol
I heard from most reviewers that this movie is mediocre at best.

Even Jeremy Jahns gave a lukewarm review of the movie

I mean Moon Knight is actually a lot better than Thor L&T, this is coming from someone who actually think Thor L&T is not a bad movie

Ever since phase 4 dropped, Marvel fans decided to hate/criticize every single series/movie that has been released since then and I hate it
the part that irks me the most isn’t even the overall negativity itself, it’s the fact that most of the negativity is coming before the content is finished or before it’s seen by most of the general public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back