• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened in today's episode?
First 20 minutes is some soppy romance story sub-plot I do not care for and Kamala doesn't make an appearance till it ends. The bangle has time travel powers and some boring stuff I couldn't be asked to pay attention to, because playing the game on my phone was much more interesting. There's this weird fissure that the bad people commit suicide into, except the main woman who transfers her powers to the son she discarded because....

Kamala's mom knows she's a superhero and, oh look, my necklace is broken into the shape of a lightning bolt like on my costume.

Villian woman's son goes to Kamala's friend for help, and blasts a damage control drone. Damage control drone blows up the insides of the building.

Best thing about this episode is that I only have to suffer through one more.

Live footage of me watching the end of this garbage series

First 20 minutes is some soppy romance story sub-plot I do not care for and Kamala doesn't make an appearance till it ends. The bangle has time travel powers and some boring stuff I couldn't be asked to pay attention to, because playing the game on my phone was much more interesting. There's this weird fissure that the bad people commit suicide into, except the main woman who transfers her powers to the son she discarded because....

Kamala's mom knows she's a superhero and, oh look, my necklace is broken into the shape of a lightning bolt like on my costume.

Villian woman's son goes to Kamala's friend for help, and blasts a damage control drone. Damage control drone blows up the insides of the building.

Best thing about this episode is that I only have to suffer through one more.

Live footage of me watching the end of this garbage series
This summary is probably more entertaining than the episode itself

Oh come on, is this episode of Ms. Marvel REALLY that bad? I certainly think it’s quite enjoyable so far honestly even with some confusing/nonsensical shit in there

You can tell that some of the acting is being carried by certain individuals, but aside from that, everything else is just hopeless

Critics have this rated higher than Kenobi, which is ridiculous BS
Krukov to Critics
vader-darth-vader.gif

First 20 minutes is some soppy romance story sub-plot I do not care for
As expected for this series, I mean this is kind of the whole basis of it, hence why I only watched the first episode, I knew it wasn't for me
and Kamala doesn't make an appearance till it ends. The bangle has time travel powers and some boring stuff I couldn't be asked to pay attention to, because playing the game on my phone was much more interesting. There's this weird fissure that the bad people commit suicide into, except the main woman who transfers her powers to the son she discarded because....
Wut?

The ****?

As expected for this series, I mean this is kind of the whole basis of it, hence why I only watched the first episode, I knew it wasn't for me

Wut?

The ****?
Idk. I'm just half paying attention, but like, this is what you get when diverge from the source material ig

The ****?
I think the way she get her symbol here is pretty clever given the fact that Carol never used the Ms. Marvel identity nor symbol before. Her necklace broke during the fight, leaving only the first...letter (Is that the right terms for it) in her name on it (Can't remember if she said it was in Urdu)
kamala-name-meaning-urdu-93270.jpg

I think the way she get her symbol here is pretty clever given the fact that Carol never used the Ms. Marvel identity nor symbol before. Her necklace broke during the fight, leaving only the first...letter (Is that the right terms for it) in her name on it (Can't remember if she said it was in Urdu)
kamala-name-meaning-urdu-93270.jpg

Oh. Thats looks a bit more clever like this indeed, though I'd still have to watch the scene itself to see the result. Not gonna lie, I don't care enough to do it though

Just curious but why dose kamilia like carol the most out of all the heroes despite her spending very little time on earth?
Meh never really bothered me, it's just being a fan of a particular person in a group of celebrities over the others, kind of like in the Avengers you'll be more of a fan of Tony, Thor, Captain or anyone else than the others

Just curious but why dose kamilia like carol the most out of all the heroes despite her spending very little time on earth?
She's like every teenage twitter/tumblr user who gets overly attached to a side character that doesn't appear often. Kamala is a fan in comics and she is in the show, don't really need a massive explanation for why someone is like
91791.jpg

Weirdly enough
Kamala has in fact time traveled before and met her ancestors (Though it wasn't as impactful on the story as it is for the current show) and Kamala's powers are time based as well since she's able to stretch, grow, and shrink due to her borrowing mass from her alternate futureselves (Think the shorthand explanation for it is even said to be that her molecules as time traveling. So, Kamala is probably the TVA's most wanted)

Weirdly enough
Kamala has in fact time traveled before and met her ancestors (Though it wasn't as impactful on the story as it is for the current show) and Kamala's powers are time based as well since she's able to stretch, grow, and shrink due to her borrowing mass from her alternate futureselves (Think the shorthand explanation for it is even said to be that her molecules as time traveling. So, Kamala is probably the TVA's most wanted)
The TVA: I'll pretend I didn't see that

Weirdly enough
He Who Remains
Ill-Allow-Out-Ken-Jeong-On-Community-Gif_408x408.jpg

I wanna ask something, what are you guys thought on No Way Home? Because a lot of people hate it and said it's just a fan service movie, which I find it hilarious because I remember a lot of people were excited when the first rumour about Tobey, Andrew, and the other villains gonna be in it got out and it was just fine but skipped to a couple of weeks after the movie released world wide, everyone and their grandma started to hate for some reason, including my friends who I genuinely think it's got to be their most hated movie in the whole MCU. I personally think it's a good movie, I gave it 8/10, but there were definitely stupid plot hole in there though, like how Strange said his spell bought everyone who knew Peter Parker identity to the MCU but Max who was included in that category lol and there was other Peter's who's somehow got transported because they know themselves? Yeah, that was stupid.

I feel like the fan service criticism is misplaced because the it has to use old stuff to elevate the narrative, not just appease fans. You don't necessarily need to understand or have watched all the old stuff to comprehend this No Way Home. I'd argue it does a pretty good job on standing on it's own despite the use of old Spider-Man movie characters. I was so engrossed in MCU Spidey's story, I didn't even consider that Andrew and Tobey could be in the movie until Ned opened the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back