• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The MCU But YOU Make the Villain Line-Up

This is basically "What If...?" on 'roids, but whatever...

Simply put, there are 25 MCU films, not including tie-in Disney+ shows, and they each have their own respective villains that they need to deal with. However, if the villains were different, how would that affect the films, and this long saga of Marvel films we know and love?

That's what we're going to look at today.

The first people pick a character from any franchise (DC, Naruto, whatever you want) to function as the replacement villains for the MCU. Keep in mind that your changes may carry over into the films that others suggest. For example, if you replace Loki with another character, assuming they survive in Thor, they could also impact potential films afterwards.

Scaling of characters can also be adjusted to fit the level of the MCU characters. For example, if you wanted to include Beerus from Dragon Ball Super, you could nerf his stats a little if you so choose (or buff every other character, I don't care lol).

ONLY THREE SUBMISSIONS PER PERSON.

Also, for new releases, please avoid spoiling, or mark any spoilers with the SPOILER feature at bare minimum.

So, let's go!

PHASE 1:
Iron Man - Dr. Wily (@KingEzran)
The Incredible Hulk - Frank Horrigan (@The_man_with_the_Midas_touch)
Iron Man 2 - M.O.D.O.K. (Marvel Comics) (@Colonel_Krukov)
Thor - DIO (@The_man_with_the_Midas_touch)
Captain America: The First Avenger - Akira Nishikiyama (@Baken384)
The Avengers - Doctor Doofenshmirtz (@Lou_change)

PHASE 2:
Iron Man 3 - Mandarin (Marvel Comics) (@Coolboy6)
Thor: The Dark Matter - Dark Matter (Kirby) (@Daddybrawl)
Captain America: The Green Missile - Luigi/Mr. L (@Lou_change)
Guardians of the Galaxy - Vilgax (@KieranH10)
Avengers: Age of Arnim-Zola - Arnim-Zola (Marvel Comics) (@Oliver_de_jesus)
Ant-Man - Sheldon Plankton (@Crimson_Shadow101)

PHASE 3:
Captain America: Civil War - The Kisaragi Corporation (@Popted2)
Doctor Strange - Nyx (Persona) (@Meganova_Stella)
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - Starkiller Base (@Zackra1799)
Spider-Man: Homecoming - Venom (Sony) (@Nullflowerblush)
Thor: Ragnarok - Demi-Fiend (@Meganova_Stella)
Black Panther - Kamen Rider Psyga (@Lonkitt)
Avengers: Infinity War - Megatron (IDW) (@Emirp sumitpo)
Ant-Man and the Wasp - Bacteria (Plague Inc.) (@Pikaman)
Captain Marvel - Frieza (@Coolboy6) and his Galactic Empire (@Nullflowerblush)
Avengers: Endgame - Megatron (IDW) (@Emirp sumitpo)
Spider-Man: Far From Home - Loki (MCU) (@KingEzran)

PHASE 4:
WandaVision - Voldemort (LEGO) (@Daddybrawl)
Falcon and the Winter Soldier - Albert Wesker (@OneBleachHurricane)
Loki - Otto Apocalypse (@ThanatosX)
Black Widow - Agent Texas (@XSOULOFCINDERX)
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - Tai Lung (@I'm_Blue_daba_dee_daba_die)
The Eternals - The Anti-Spiral (@Dalesean027)
What If...? (Kind of the Bonus Round lol) - Ziggy replacing Ultron (@Zackra1799), The Metal Virus replacing the Zombies (@Kflare63),
Hawkeye - Keiji Shibusawa (@KingEzran)
Spider-Man: No Way Home - Kingpin (Into the Spider-Verse) replacing Green Goblin (@I'm_Blue_daba_dee_daba_die), Kamen Rider Eternal replacing the Lizard (@Lonkitt), Candice Catnipp replacing Electro (@ZoroNotZolo)
Moon Knight - The Horde (@Lacku)
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - Apocalypse (Marvel Comics) (@Spider_Kaiju)
Ms. Marvel - Royal Pain (@Coolboy6)
Thor: Love and Thunder -
She-Hulk -
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever -

PHASE 5:
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania -
Secret Invasion -

NETFLIX SHOWS:
Daredevil -
Jessica Jones -
Light Yagami (@Lonkitt)
Luke Cage -
Iron Fist -
Shen (@Mariogoods)
The Defenders - Alucard (Rosario + Vampire) (@Nullflowerblush)
The Punisher - Red Hood (Post-Crisis) (@Shadyboi0)

Last edited:
Post has been updated, though I suppose I should also have him as the villain for Endgame, shouldn't I?

I'm tempted to imagine a scenario where Loki activating the Tesseract in Avengers 1 somehow reaches the Nasuverse and brings Gilgamesh into the MCU but if I respect his power, he eradicates almost the entire MCU post Wanda and Vision (wich would also be the case for many Fate characters) even without his trump card 👀

I'm tempted to imagine a scenario where Loki activating the Tesseract in Avengers 1 somehow reaches the Nasuverse and brings Gilgamesh into the MCU but if I respect his power, he eradicates almost the entire MCU post Wanda and Vision (wich would also be the case for many Fate characters) even without his trump card 👀
Scaling of characters can also be adjusted to fit the level of the MCU characters. For example, if you wanted to include Beerus from Dragon Ball Super, you could nerf his stats a little if you so choose (or buff every other character, I don't care lol).

Okay so we replaced Loki with two separate characters already how do we explain his appearances in later films or do Dio and Doctor Doofenshmirtz just take his place full time.

2018 Venom in Spider-Man: Homecoming
Venom is doing Venom things -- y'know, just eating criminals and whatnot -- and Peter is not down with that. Neither of them are actually bad guys, just confused. Peter spends most of the movie trying to fix mistakes that Venom inadvertently causes while taking out baddies of his own, and Eddie does some digging into who this Spider-Man kid is until eventually uncovering his identity through Venom, and eventually the two of them finally meet for a final brawl where they settle their differences and go their separate ways. I am not a writer anymore. Leave me alone.

Galactic Empire in Captain Marvel
"Let's take over Earth!"
"No."
"Send out the Stormtroopers."

Carol gets her power from a kyber crystal, allowing to harness some cosmic force or something like that.
I just thought the Galactic Empire would be cool to have.

Oof, we've got some conflict for Captain Marvel. How do we resolve this? I didn't think that far ahead lol

Should it be first come, first serve, or should we have a coin be flipped or something?

Demi-Fiend for Thor: Ragnarok. DF fought his version of Thor, so he's gonna fight the MCU version of Thor. Sounds fun.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier VS Albert Wesker and his various organizations around the world, Umbrella Corporation, The 3rd Organization, H.C.F. (Hive/Host Capture Force), and TriCell.

Basic Summary: Albert Wesker has stolen the Super Soldier Serum vials from the Power Broker, and has already used one vial on himself which permanently stablized his Progenitor Virus, and plans to combine the serum with the Uruboros virus and unleash it on the world.

Sam and Bucky are aided by the US Government along with John Walker and Sharon Carter

Okay so we replaced Loki with two separate characters already how do we explain his appearances in later films or do Dio and Doctor Doofenshmirtz just take his place full time.
I say take their place full-time
I want the true Avengers-Doofenshmirtz crossover

In the sense of what happens at the end of the Avengers, I'd assume Doof just takes his place.

Hear me out we put frieza in charge of Galactic Empire
Why not? An empire needs an emperor, after all. Though, for the sake of fairness, I might have to limit it to one submission per person.

fb879c9a036f2f1340c6875a819075dcfb7aafe1.gifv

I say take their place full-time
I want the true Avengers-Doofenshmirtz crossover
I missed something that already confirmed that but now do we make it so the combination Doofenshmirtz and DIO replace Loki or do we have Doofenshmirtz as the scientist Loki normally manipulates and a reveal that Doofenshmirtz is also Thor's brother along with DIO who I guess didn't survive the abyss because we could make Norm the Destroyer and that would be fun.
Why not? An empire needs an emperor, after all.
I mean yeah that's the idea

DIO AS THOR"S BROTHER? Amazing, unironically would be a 10/10

Meanwhile demi would just be one random guy who walked in and started ******* up shit. He probably leaves at the end of the movie lol

I missed something that already confirmed that but now do we make it so the combination Doofenshmirtz and DIO replace Loki or do we have Doofenshmirtz as the scientist Loki normally manipulates and a reveal that Doofenshmirtz is also Thor's brother along with DIO who I guess didn't survive the abyss because we could make Norm the Destroyer and that would be fun.
I mean yeah that's the idea
Well, the Tesseract would be on Earth, so Doofenshmirtz could just take it with something like an energy-source-inator or something.

Back