• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

4-B MCU OWO???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emirp sumitpo

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Sorry for the clickbait.

Hello everyone. We're upgrading characters by downgrading a feat. How nice.

Removing High 7-A and upgrade to At most 6-C

The current High 7-A stats are a combination of these characters scaling to Thor and downscaling from Thanos. Credit to @Qawsedf234 for this. He pointed out reason for why High 7-A should not scale to Thor's base stats:

• Thor has a power of storm generation. He doesn't cause them as an after effect and a storm cannot be focused into a punch
  • The current scaling to his storms is based on the assumption that they come from a similar power source, when there's nothing really to that. Thor's storm generation and ability to punch hard are two different things
  • Mjolnir helped focus and contain Thor's powers. But that doesn't mean Thor scales to his storms when he becomes awakened. It just means that he can freely generate storms without needing to point Mjolnir in the air like in Avengers
  • This example from the environmental destruction pagealmost word for word covers what Thor does
    • Eredin drawing in a storm. While this may scale to the magical attack potency of some mages/God Tiers, this shouldn't scale to the physical stats of those in the Witcher. Environmental destruction is applied here due to the lack of reasoning to support this being applied to physical stats.
    • Magnus Chase bringing summer to an island. Here, it's one of Magnus' powers that is causing this phenomena, to which it has little to no reasons for applying to his other forms of attack in regards to Attack Potency, Durability, and Striking StrengthInstead.
Instead, these character should just scale to Thanos' 5.2 Gigatons 6-C and be listed as "At most 6-C" As we do see the likes of Iron Man, Worthy Cap and Fat Thor being able to harm or stagger Thanos despite being overall weaker.

Dr Strange should be upgraded to straight up 6-C as he was able to physically retrain Thanos, and even forced the latter to use the Infinity stones to break free. It could be argued this may simply be LS, however, said chains do need to be durable enough so they won't get broken apart once Thanos tugs them, and considering he, once again, use the stones to break free, it's clear he couldn't do it on his own.

7-A upgrade

This is fairly easy. All Pre Ragnarok Thor level characters should be upgraded to 7-A via two feats, Thor's Jotunheim feat and Thor's feat of being able to bust Sokovia, coincidentally both are over 400 Megaton and are pretty close to each other in results. And because the Jotunheim feat (The higher of the two) is ridiculously close to 7-A+ (1.1x difference), I think placing characters who were 7-B+ at 7-A+ is acceptable, as Thor's current 7-B rating is very close to 7-B+. (Another coincidence, how nice)

Iron Man should scale above Loki

The Mark 6 sent Loki back and even had him grunting, and Loki decided now was the best time to back off. And Mark 7 sent Loki back and Loki was grunting in pain on the floor. And Loki was on the floor for a while.

Also Loki's feats aren't that high above Iron Man's to begin with, in fact the Asgardians are only 8-A because of one feat, which afaik is higher than a good majority of their feats, so the whole consistency argument can't be brought here, as well as the fact Iron Man's other highest feat is not that much lower than the newest Bifrost explosion. It's not like Thor vs Mark 6 Iron Man where that is a clear outlier and Thor is consistently much higher than Iron Man during that period of time. And it's not like it breaks any scaling chain as we don't have many characters scale to early Iron Man.

And before anyone brings it Captain America in order to debunk this. We already don't scale Cap to Iron Man at all so it doesn't break our current scaling standards

Reworked pages

I created my reworked pages for Rescue and War Machine. They feature the new scaling like above, as well as additional scans and more abilities. As well as an overall more detailed page.

Iron Man page separation

Our current MCU Iron Man page is kind of a composite between different models, notably mark 6 to 47 (Excluding mark 44). To avoid this, I think we should do what the 616 Iron Man page does and create separate profiles. Like yes, it's a long and tedious process, but I think it does allow for better accuracy. Also I should note, unlike the comics, I think only the most notable Iron man suits should have profiles, that being:

• Mark 1
  • Mark 2
  • Mark 3
  • Mark 4
  • Mark 6
  • Mark 7
  • Mark 42
  • Mark 43
  • Mark 44
  • Mark 45
  • Mark 46
  • Mark 48
  • Mark 50
  • Mark 85

Reasoning for this because a lot of suits between Mark 7 to Mark 42 have very little screentime and not that much significance. It's not like the Thorbuster where even tho it appeared for like one issue, the Thorbuster had a pretty significant appearance. We can just change link the armors in his Equipment section.

I made a rough draft for the new Tony page and a Mark 85 page as of now

Others

- Hulkbuster 2.0, and by extension Cull Obsidian and War Machine Mark 4-6 should have "Likely Class T" added as both HB 2 .0 and WM MK4 could restrain a weakaned Thanos, and I doubt Thanos LS would drop so low, even when weakened.

- Giant Man should get resistance to sound manip via here, Giant Man was completely unaffected by War Machine's sonic cannon

Last edited:
Last edited:
Loki always had the plan of backing of and getting arrested as far as I remember, it wasn't Iron Man's arrival who just changed his mind

Also, this Loki was able to fight Thor on a later moment of the movie, and it doesn't seem consistent scaling Iron Man and Thor from this era, even in their fight, IM needed a boost to fight him
We don't really scale Loki to Thor to begin with, plus Loki harming Thor is through weaponry and not physical strength. And there's still their second encounter

I agree with this. I will copy the post I made on the main thread about the Mark 5:

As for the Mark 5, it's a bit of a weird one, as it logically seems like it's inferior to most other suits Stark made at that time in some ways, though it's unclear exactly what and how much was traded off to allow for the portability aspect of it. At the very least, it seems to be lacking in weaponry beyond repulsors, and it never demonstrates the ability to fly.

Whiplash Mark 1, which was made with considerably more limited resources (though using Arc Reactor blueprints) which Stark described as "a passable knockoff" of his own technology, could deal a decent amount of damage to the Mark 5 and the whips could stop repulsor blasts. This suggests that either Vanko's Arc Reactor technology could still output 8-C+ levels of energy despite the limited resources used to make it and the "not very efficient" design that Stark mentions, or that the Mark 5 is weaker than Stark's usual armors. The Mark 5 is obviously vastly lighter than standard armors, being handled like a regular suitcase, according to the design team of Iron Man 2, a standard armor was considered to weigh around 600-800 pounds.

As a note, I don't think Whiplash Mark 1's durability should scale to his AP. His harness doesn't seem like it gives that much protection, and the best feat he has is withstanding Happy ramming him with a car (which should be 9-B) When fighting Iron Man Mark 5, he never gets get by any repulsor blasts, blocking all of them with his whips, and Iron Man beats him in seconds once he gets in direct melee range.

This video has essentially all the feats of Whiplash Mark 1 and Iron Man Mark 5.

Most relevant feats:

Whiplash easily slices cars: 0:26, 0:36, 1:21, 2:55-3:08 (Not sure what tier that would be, could be worth calcing)

Iron Man kicks away car: 3:30 (probably Class 5 LS)

So essentially, I do think there could enough to warrant a Mark 5 profile, if we can figure out how to scale it. Either keep it 8-C+ as it currently is, or calc Whiplash slicing cars and scale to that.

As a note, I don't think Whiplash Mark 1's durability should scale to his AP. His harness doesn't seem like it gives that much protection, and the best feat he has is withstanding Happy ramming him with a car (which should be 9-B) When fighting Iron Man Mark 5, he never gets get by any repulsor blasts, blocking all of them with his whips, and Iron Man beats him in seconds once he gets in direct melee range.

So essentially, I do think there could enough to warrant a Mark 5 profile, if we can figure out how to scale it. Either keep it 8-C+ as it currently is, or calc Whiplash slicing cars and scale to that.
The Mark 5 could just have 8-C+ AP due to its Repulsors being powered by the same Arc Reactor as the Mark 4 and have an "At Most 8-C+" Durability for not getting sliced apart like the cars.

While its Striking Strength shouldn't be 8-C+ but it should scale to Ivan's Durability

I agree on the all outside of loki one which i am neutral
Btw pretty sure he back off cuz he wanted to be arrzsted on porpuse but imma check later
Btw if is true
Mk 7 scaling to loki is still fine since of the scene where he Blasted his ass (is weird to me he didn't put an dent but eh
Really only issue is maybe Sokovia attack blasting aou stark but the suit didn't really had major damage so meh

Durability-wise I'm not very sure, the Mark 5 sacrifices a lot of armor to make it light and compact.

With Repulsors they should be comparable because aren't the Marks 1 to 3 also powered by the same Arc Reactor model as the Mark 4 by the time of Iron Man 2?
It's dura should be equal to AP, unless contradicted

Isn't that generally applied only for physical feats such as striking strength?
The dura Page implies it
"Logically, characters capable of physically achieving a certain degree of energy output, must be able to at least withstand a comparable amount of damage, or their bodies would break apart from the strain and automatic counterforce, whenever they exert themselves."

It's dura should be equal to AP, unless contradicted
This is what I said about it's Durability
The Mark 5 could just have 8-C+ AP due to its Repulsors being powered by the same Arc Reactor as the Mark 4 and have an "At Most 8-C+" Durability for not getting sliced apart like the cars.

While its Striking Strength shouldn't be 8-C+ but it should scale to Ivan's Durability

I vehemently disagree with this. 4-B MCU is wank.

I do agree with Thor's storm being environmental destruction and not his own AP.

Instead, these character should just scale to Thanos' 5.2 Gigatons 6-C
I went to Thanos' page and didn't find this feat. Can you link it?

And since you @'d Qaw, I'll do it so he gets a notification: @Qawsedf234

Actually since all Iron Man armors post Mk 6 are getting upgraded to Multi-City Block level are characters like Aldrich Killian, the Iron Spider armor or Bucky with his Bionic Arm going to be upgraded? (I know Buckys Bionic Arm is very inconsistent btw)
Killian should be upgraded, yes. I feel like the Iron Spider could get downgraded soon depending on its role in No Way Home, but under the assumptions we currently use to scale it, yes that would also be an upgrade. If I remember correctly, Bucky's bionic arm should only scale through crushing attacks, not punches.

Also, should we consider the idea of having an Iron Legion page/blog listing the Iron Man suits from Iron Man 3 that don't warrant individual profiles (Marks 8-41)? I believe most of them have given specialties that could be mentioned. Also there's the second incarnation of the Iron Legion from Age of Ultron, though those probably only would be 9-B, considering it didn't seem like they were supposed to be superior to the Sentries Ultron later used.

Last edited:
This is the proper scan. I'll add this to Thanos' profile later
7378239-lightupacontinent.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back