• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Justice for Tokyo Revengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Deagonx @Dalesean027

Would either of you be willing to handle it please?
Still at work currently
In that case, someone (not me) should either quote or link the relevant arguments and counter arguments.

TR already has a bad rep

Having a 7 page CRT full of the same arguments won't make it better
For good reason too but yeah will do so when I am on break and have the free time

That's what I said from the beginning. Split it up
I think Ant meant that the discussions here be concluded and then closed.

Rather than being closed abruptly.

It's already 3 pages in.
Splitting it up will serve as further ammunition for pro discussion rule side

absolutely and abhorrently disagree there have been dozens of speed threads about the same exact feats and the same goal of upgrading the verse to supersonic to hypersonic so much so that this is blatantly untrue I'll just link even a couple

This first one tho is in regards to removing some but the rest are all upgrade or recalcs of the same rejected feats

This one was recently recinded by DMUA following standard changes

and lets not forget this 11 page long CRT about said speed feats that several CGMs and some thread and content mods commented on

Let alone all the other harassments and other shit that has happened and made its way to RVR because of the speed of this verse, I think a discussion rule is absolutely in order

You just cited different ways of getting the verse to a particular speed tier with one or two being on the same subject (3rd one being from a new user who had no idea this was discussed before) . Just like I said in my original post.

Unless you want a discussion rule on upgrading a verse in general. How doesn’t that sound bad ☠️. It’s not like the same arguments have been rehashed like 4-5 times, these are different ways supporters tried to upgrade their verse. These can not be grounds for a discussion rule.. right?. We should be free to upgrade a verse with different ways and methods. It’s only a problem when the same method is being used over and over again.

Edit: let’s wait for this thread to be over, then if the Izana part is rejected then that would be like the 4th or 5th time the feat is rejected and I wouldn’t mind a discussion rule on that. But I still don’t like that we want to put a discussion cap on speed in general.

Last edited:
Your biased for this
This was literally unnecessary and uncalled-for. You are currently inciting him to substantiate his statements (the accusations that are caused by TR community) as factual, with no opportunity to counteract or improve the environment.

Yet; I think discussion rule are now warranted for these types of threads.

Last edited:
@HollowVanity, this is no place to be making jokes, disrespecting others by calling them biased just because they don't want to evaluate a thread and provoking everyone else with your "jokes" in a condescending tone, take this as an official warning. If you continue I'm afraid I will threadban you and report you afterwards.

Yeah, i'm cringe.

@HollowVanity, this is no place to be making jokes, disrespecting others by calling them biased just because they don't want to evaluate a thread and provoking everyone else with your "jokes" in a condescending tone, take this as an official warning. If you continue I'm afraid I will threadban you and report you afterwards.
Jesus christ lad, its a JOKE, not serious, people like you need to get outside if your taking what i said srs

Yo you cringe asf for this if you actually take what I said seriously :ROFLMAO:
then we ask ourselves why the staff doesn't want to evaluate. I've read 10 threads this week alone and haven't seen 1 message like this.

If you don't want to show respect, don't participate in the Threads.

Jesus christ lad, its a JOKE, not serious, people like you need to get outside if your taking what i said srs
You aren't friends with these people and you have no confidence, you cannot afford to speak in a certain way. Saying things in jest isn't an excuse, the joke is good and it's okay if it's funny and this isn't. Talking like that doesn't help you

this is also disrespectful. You're not joking, you're serious and you can't contain yourself.

this can help you 🙏

ENOUGH WITH THE BICKERING. ANY FURTHER DERAILMENT BEYOND THIS POINT SHOULD BE DELETED.

Hey @Dereck03

What do you think about my post towards the OP here

Post in thread 'Justice for Tokyo Revengers.'
https://vsbattles.com/threads/justice-for-tokyo-revengers.158699/post-6052594

@Dalesean027 had an issue with what I said about last part on guns, although I’m not sure what his stance is on that bit so feel free to check it out here.

He also didn’t seem interested in discussing the Izana bullet reaction feat he disagrees with but we did agree that Takemichi reacted to a bullet which ended up being subsonic but that was a digression from the Izana feat.

It’s a short read below my linked post so feel free to check them out.

Aside from that, nobody seems to have a problem with the rest.

What do you think?

Last edited:
it always ends up like this.....

now i don't know the context, but jokes are something you only use with people with whom you developed a sufficient level of friendship with, not everyone will take kindly to sarcastic comments and jokes, even when there is no ill intent behind them

being respectful to others is usually the way to go until you build a close enough relationship with them, then you can start speaking casually to them

but let's not derail this any further

ENOUGH WITH THE BICKERING. ANY FURTHER DERAILMENT BEYOND THIS POINT SHOULD BE DELETED.

Hey @Dereck03

What do you think about my post towards the OP here

Post in thread 'Justice for Tokyo Revengers.'
https://vsbattles.com/threads/justice-for-tokyo-revengers.158699/post-6052594

@Dalesean027 had an issue with what I said about last part on guns. He also didn’t seem interested in discussing the Izana bullet reaction feat he disagrees with but we did agree that Takemichi reacted to a bullet which ended up being subsonic but that was a digression from the Izana feat.

Aside from that, nobody seems to have a problem with the rest.

What do you think?
I think the scaling chain needs to be fixed a little bit but I agree with you other than that.

I think the mid end in Dale's calc works as it doesn't look like Takemichi moves his head as much as 90 degrees or as less as 30 degrees. I really think he should use this panel for the distance between the shooter and Takemichi though. Wide shots give more valid distances than angsizing.

@Dinozxd I am not going to individually reply this.

First of all, your arguments and the arguments in the OP do not match and you are even contradicting Morris because Morris is doing logically, and you are making emotional assumptions.

Now, let's address the Senju stuff. First of all, Senju only said it because she wanted Takeomi from not going in the wrong path. So, it's pretty much clear that Senju avoids her potential because Takeomi would be much more attracted to the money path. Now, in the scene which I am particularly arguing, there's no Takeomi there, so whatever she says related to Takeomi isn't necessarily happening (in fact, it doesn't).

Now, Senju was supposed to die if we follow Takemichi's visions. If Takemichi's visions say it, then it is bound to happen unless anything which stops that from happening takes place. So, if Takemichi wouldn't have done anything, then she would have died.

Now, look at this very carefully, Senju kind of promised Takemichi that she would save him, this means that her promise with Takemichi is in higher priority than her decision to get Takeomi on the correct path, because when she dies, there's no one to take care of Takeomi and he's somehow going on the wrong path already. So, if she dies, then she makes the promise with Takemichi success but her decision to get Takeomi on the correct path is just shattered.

Secondly, you want me to send a panel where Senju says that she used her full potential to save Takemichi huh? Listen, if Senju legit died there, THEN THIS ARGUMENT WOULDN'T EXIST, because Senju said it in CH 229, and she would have been dead if Takemichi didn't save her. What you're saying is in the least of the possibilities because her entire reason for holding back her potential is to keep Takeomi on the correct path, secondly, there's no Takeomi while she dies through gunshot wounds. So, she should use her full potential to save Takemichi because before Takemichi saves Senju, she comes up running to him while being incredibly scared (another hint why her promise with Takemichi gives a higher priority) which hints that such feelings weren't even in her way, now, if you don't understand the concept of priorities, then only you can even argue about this.

Also, Senju has more reasons to use her full potential because her dying legit can get Takeomi on the wrong path in any time, secondly, survival is one of the priorities humans have, so survival is important to her as well. She also needs to save Takemichi as well. There's no reason she wouldn't use her full potential unless you leave common sense behind.

That aside, I am not going to reply to you if your entire argument is "she didn't mention it so that doesn't happen kind of stuff" because it's getting annoying already. You're assuming something said for Takeomi applies to everything (which doesn't even make sense). You have said it many times that "it is possible" and it's never impossible, there not even a 50-50 chance in this, just more chances of Senju using her full potential, something like 9/10 cases, and the only case where she doesn't use her full potential is probably where she is dumb.

First of all, your arguments and the arguments in the OP do not match and you are even contradicting Morris because Morris is doing logically, and you are making emotional assumptions.
Presenting different arguments is contradicting? I didn't know that.

All of the shit you wrote here is stuff I answered above. Please stop wasting my time with this.

Presenting different arguments is contradicting? I didn't know that.
ROFL, you are reasoning everything with some emotion-based assumptions and Morris is at least giving some logical reasons. Secondly, Morris' opinion is the latter is impossible while you are still being on the "context-dependency" path. So yes, it is contradictory already.
All of the shit you wrote here is stuff I answered above. Please stop wasting my time with this.
Nope, this was a very organized version and I kind of gave every reason and proved psychologically and even logically why Senju would give it her all, and you still can't get above "she never said it so she wouldn't". Also, I am waiting for your reasoning about why Senju's sentences wouldn't be limited to only Takeomi.
(Also, I request one of the least satire versions.)

ROFL, you are reasoning everything with some emotion-based assumptions and Morris is at least giving some logical reasons. Secondly, Morris' opinion is the latter is impossible while you are still being on the "context-dependency" path. So yes, it is contradictory already.
I agree with Morris' points. Morris agrees to mine. This is not contradicting, this is just two people supporting the same thing with different arguments while agreeing to each other's arguments as well.
Nope, this was a very organized version
It's the same thing but more organized then.
"she never said it so she wouldn't"
You should have ignored %90 of my arguments to think like this.
Also, I am waiting for your reasoning about why Senju's sentences wouldn't be limited to only Takeomi.
(Also, I request one of the least satire versions.)
Dude. I already gave you more than one where your only point is "Takeomi wasn't on the scene". You think she could show her potential without Takeomi knowing? That bro is literally the vice president of the gang.

If you didn't understand this from any of my comments above, I don't think you will understand this ever. I don't understand why are we even debating this. Just read the OP.

I agree with Morris' points. Morris agrees to mine. This is not contradicting, this is just two people supporting the same thing with different arguments while agreeing to each other's arguments as well.
This is getting derailing. But if you want, just read your own last long reply to me on this and read the OP, you will understand.
It's the same thing but more organized then.
With more points and in a much-organized manner so you could connect the dots better. I feel like I should have sent it earlier because you aren't even concentrating on what I said.
You should have ignored %90 of my arguments to think like this.
I didn't, in fact, I made it clear that "I wasn't going to answer everything individually" because that kind of got you on the worst path which I didn't even want you to look at.
Dude. I already gave you more than one where your only point is "Takeomi wasn't on the scene". You think she could show her potential without Takeomi knowing? That bro is literally the vice president of the gang.
Only point? ROFL. I gave literally 3 reasons why she would use her full potential in my latest. I am sure you dodged my essay and just pretended to have read it by accusing me for giving the same points whatsoever.
If you didn't understand this from any of my comments above, I don't think you will understand this ever. I don't understand why are we even debating this. Just read the OP.
Because you don't apply one of my points to another and just think to only one thing, you should learn to CONNECT DOTS when you individually reply to every text. Also, I asked for a reason by you to prove why you think that thing isn't only restricted to Takeomi, even if you can prove that (with any logical argument), that would suffice.
and we still couldn't fix the scaling chain lol

The points presented by the OP and Arnold are more than enough. I don't understand why are we still discussing this.
I remember Vapourrrrr saying something similar in the first downgrade thread and everything he argued for was proved wrong LOL. Also, remember that each time you say this, one staff member gets tired of the verse.

If you clearly look at the panel, she literally asks herself "Since when did I start avoiding my potential?". Do you even know what this means? She HAD to question when she started holding back, this means it's not something she regularly thinks about. In her flashback, the only scene that appears is the one with Takeomi, now that clearly suggest that it was only during that time she started holding back.

And she only started to question why she hold back after South delivered a punch to her. South had to punch her in order for her to question why she held back, there's nothing that triggers her to hold back go all out in the gun scene.

Also, when crucial events are happening, it's explicitly shown because of how important they are. It's explicitly shown in the chapter's conclusion that her true power was revealed. That DOES NOT happen anywhere before that.

There are no evidences to suggest that she used her full potential in that particular moment.
Only in the south fight, she stopped holding back.

If you clearly look at the panel, she literally asks herself "Since when did I start avoiding my potential?". Do you even know what this means? She HAD to question when she started holding back, this means it's not something she regularly thinks about. In her flashback, the only scene that appears is the one with Takeomi, now that clearly suggest that it was only during that time she started holding back.

And she only started to question why she hold back after South delivered a punch to her. South had to punch her in order for her to question why she held back, there's nothing that triggers her to hold back go all out in the gun scene.

Also, when crucial events are happening, it's explicitly shown because of how important they are. It's explicitly shown in the chapter's conclusion that her true power was revealed. That DOES NOT happen anywhere before that.

There are no evidences to suggest that she used her full potential in that particular moment.
Oh shit. This adds some points i missed actually.

The fact that in life and death situations our body pushes ourself in order to surpass our limits isn't enough to prove she probably would have use it even if unconsciously? Didn't Izana do the same thing to save Kakucho? Hollow explained it that way and kinda made sense. As you corrected me Senju full potential isn't like DI therefore her body can easily push her to that point even if she doesn't want to, is not like going super sayian where you have to decide to activate it.

The fact that in life and death situations our body pushes ourself in order to surpass our limits isn't enough to prove she probably would have use it even if unconsciously? Didn't Izana do the same thing to save Kakucho? Hollow explained it that way and kinda made sense. As you corrected me Senju full potential isn't like DI therefore her body can easily push her to that point even if she doesn't want to, is not like going super sayian where you have to decide to activate it.
But in chapter 220, Senju clearly didn't show her full potential when she saw Takemichi aimed by a gun.

It's very simple. If Senju first revealed her potential when saving Takemichi, she would look like when she first revealed her full potential vs South. She doesn't look like that when saving Takemichi.

But in chapter 220, Senju clearly didn't show her full potential when she saw Takemichi aimed by a gun.
The situation was different tho, we know Senju saved Takemichi somehow which is what I was referring to, the seconds time Takemichi already changed the events so the situation was different, we don't know the situation the first time that's why I say "pobably" but even you can't actually prove at 100% she didn't so...
It's very simple. If Senju first revealed her potential when saving Takemichi, she would look like when she first revealed her full potential vs South. She doesn't look like that when saving Takemichi.
Don't we only her see when she was basically dead? And yeah, we don't really know the situation here so...

I mean, she doesn't even even think about her potential during that moment, no way she's gonna reveal it lmao

The things which Zefra said should be enough and I have been saying it for like 2-3 pages already.

Coming to your arguments, they are similar to Dino's. The thing is, none of your reasoning makes sense because Senju would save Takemichi in a different timeline, the timeline where if she dies, she wouldn't even get any chance to say that she used to avoid her potential. Also, she cannot reason that timeline there because she doesn't even know that happened.

Whatever I and Zefra said about it should take precedence here, plus, it's the most likely scenario here, because Senju holding back is not bound by anything supernatural but something which is her own decision. Secondly, she looked very tense while saving Takemichi as well. Survival is important for everyone and couple more reasons. Hope you at least get me.

Whatever I and Zefra said about it should take precedence here, plus, it's the most likely scenario here, because Senju holding back is not bound by anything supernatural but something which is her own decision. Secondly, she looked very tense while saving Takemichi as well. Survival is important for everyone and couple more reasons. Hope you at least get me
Literally debunked that stuff here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back