• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TOKYO REVENGERS CRT, SAVING THE VERSE FROM DESTRUCTION (PART 1): MANJIRO SANO'S NUCLEAR KICK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnoldstone18

#1 Nero Enthusiast
Username Only
Hey guys, welcome to my first Tokyo Revenger's CRT!!

So this verse was gonna get deleted, and I couldn't let that happen considering this is one of my favorite verses. So lets try our best to be productive and follow protocol. I will need all the help I can get.

MANJIRO SANO'S NUCLEAR KICK!

0106-002.png

Surprise:whistle:.

I made a calc. It got accepted. It was very hard to get it evaluated due to the verse's reputation : (

A serious Mikey kick is so fast that it literally disappears from the spectator's view. I calculated the speed and the AP of the famous Nuclear Kick at its best.

Since this calc implies that a serious kick from Mikey literally blitzes the entire verse unless you have precognition like Takemichi, I propose for Dark Impulse Mikey to scale to this calc's speed alone. (Please do not try to scale anyone to Mikey's kicks).

Taiju was kicked so hard that he sped to the ground faster than the human eye can register even a blur. So I calced the kinetic energy of that. So Taiju scales since he gets back up a couple of seconds after getting his sh*t absolutely rocked, and of course Mikey also scales. We will then discuss who else scale to these two.

Speed: 481.89m/s (Supersonic)

Power: 0.00269 tons (Wall level+)

So what do ya think?

Agree - Deidalius, KingTempest, DarkDragonMedeus, CloverDragon, MorrisHatesYou, Kazuma_kuwabara, Tatsumi, Abstractions
Neutral -
Disagree -

Last edited:
I am neutral on the issue of speed. I will wait for further input. For KE, an object with total mass, it does not move at supersonic speeds. The speeds of each component of the mass are not equal. So, the normal KE formula cannot be used.

To be honest, from Mikey disappeared from the sight. It's highly debatable. It depends upon Takemichi's FOV as well. And I agree with Second22 on here, the object with total mass wouldn't move at supersonic speeds at whole. For example, Taiju's head would be moving at much faster speeds than his legs would, just like when you swing your hands, your fist specifically would move at higher speeds than the rest of the arm.

I am neutral on the issue of speed. I will wait for further input. For KE, an object with total mass, it does not move at supersonic speeds. The speeds of each component of the mass are not equal. So, the normal KE formula cannot be used.

I used KE because Taiju completely vanished. Implying all parts of his body moved within said timeframe during the kick.

To be honest, from Mikey disappeared from the sight. It's highly debatable.

Not really, it would just be arguing direct statements simply for the sake of arguing.

It depends upon Takemichi's FOV as well.

He is a couple of meters away so he can see their them whole. Characters like Inui who experienced the same thing are even further back so FOV isn’t an issue.

I used KE because Taiju completely vanished. Implying all parts of his body moved within said timeframe during the kick.
It wouldn't satisfy the speed stuff. Treat it like a clock, the end facing the numbers would obviously be faster than the other end. It's because circumference is directly proportional to the radius, the more the radius, the more the distance, the more the speed.
Not really, it would just be arguing direct statements simply for the sake of arguing.
He is a couple of meters away so he can see their them whole. Characters like Inui who experienced the same thing are even further back so FOV isn’t an issue.
Alright. So first of all, you are getting a result of around 11.2625716 MJ, which is wall level+ yes.

From a SpyXFamily calc, it takes 3.09956269011 MJ to make a crater that big shown in the calc I listed. From looks of it, I said that the speed is very debatable because normally, you would use 34.3 m/s from the statement of being FTE.

If there was any visual information like any crater or something, then I could have believed it first handed, but all it mentions is that he disappeared from the sight.

If he really applied that much of power to the floor, then it should have cratered. Now, if you ask me that why I am taking the visual information of the destruction taking place, then I would straight away give the same reasoning as this rejected calc which was rejected purely on the basis of the amount of destruction done. The result of course is small building level, but the destruction is not up to the mark. Therefore, that calc was rendered useless. I am afraid this might be the victim of the same reasoning.

FRA, a hard disagreement from me.

FOV and stuff can be argued later on, this is a big stuff for me now.

I don't believe you can use elipses here since is weird, I mean just using circumference is better with Mikey's leg as r, look at this on that point Mikey's leg was almost his height, is he Luffy from one piece? You can't use those line to calc the kick is simply impossible for Mikey to have a reach that far, the best thing to do is to calculate C using his leg as r and we have C = 4,82304 m so using your time frame we have 337,2755244755245 m/s, but we have to remove a part of the total distance since Takemichi was able to see it which is more less 1/5 of the total C so 0,964608 so we can only use 3,858432 m so the result is 269,8204195804196 m/s, basically Mikey jump at normal speed starting his kick and had an acceleration after it since Takemichi only saw that part.

It wouldn't satisfy the speed stuff. Treat it like a clock, the end facing the numbers would obviously be faster than the other end. It's because circumference is directly proportional to the radius, the more the radius, the more the distance, the more the speed.

A clock? No no.. This analogy is wrong because Taiju was lifted off the ground by the kick and slammed. Otherwise, way more than half of his body would’ve been visible to the on-lookers due to lower speeds of the rest of the body compared to his head and they’ll be able to tell what happened.

Alright. So first of all, you are getting a result of around 11.2625716 MJ, which is wall level+ yes.

From a SpyXFamily calc, it takes 3.09956269011 MJ to make a crater that big shown in the calc I listed. From looks of it, I said that the speed is very debatable because normally, you would use 34.3 m/s from the statement of being FTE.

If there was any visual information like any crater or something, then I could have believed it first handed, but all it mentions is that he disappeared from the sight.

If he really applied that much of power to the floor, then it should have cratered. Now, if you ask me that why I am taking the visual information of the destruction taking place, then I would straight away give the same reasoning as this rejected calc which was rejected purely on the basis of the amount of destruction done. The result of course is small building level, but the destruction is not up to the mark. Therefore, that calc was rendered useless. I am afraid this might be the victim of the same reasoning.

FRA, a hard disagreement from me.

FOV and stuff can be argued later on, this is a big stuff for me now.

As much as I hate the logic you’re using (comparing works of fiction), you’re comparing a wooden floor to a concrete floor… Thanks for leaving that out.

Using 34.4m/s is simply not allowed anymore, move on. There is no longer any debate to be had and I already gave reasons why using that speed indicates motion blur which obviously isn’t disappearing.

I don't believe you can use elipses here since is weird, I mean just using circumference is better with Mikey's leg as r, look at this on that point Mikey's leg was almost his height, is he Luffy from one piece? You can't use those line to calc the kick is simply impossible for Mikey to have a reach that far, the best thing to do is to calculate C using his leg as r and we have C = 4,82304 m so using your time frame we have 337,2755244755245 m/s, but we have to remove a part of the total distance since Takemichi was able to see it which is more less 1/5 of the total C so 0,964608 so we can only use 3,858432 m so the result is 269,8204195804196 m/s, basically Mikey jump at normal speed starting his kick and had an acceleration after it since Takemichi only saw that part.

Using the circumference of the leg is wrong considering Mikey wasn’t on the ground when he made the kick. It’s not like he hung mid air and kicked like some kind of live action martial arts movie.

Also, in your scan Takemichi only say Mikey jump through the air as he directly said and he didn’t see the kick otherwise he’ll know what happened. Obviously Mikey jumped to reach the height of his head. And how he kicked isnt known to us only the trajectory of the kick which I used so let’s not assume how he is supposed to kick.

Using the circumference of the leg is wrong considering Mikey wasn’t on the ground when he made the kick. It’s not like he hung mid air and kicked like some kind of live action martial arts movie.
so it's ok if Mikey has almost 1,62 m of leg when his total height is 1,62 m ? + I don't get your point Mikey just made a 360° with his kick since he just turned basically, I don't get what "Mikey wasn’t on the ground when he made the kick" has to do with it
Also, in your scan Takemichi only say Mikey jump through the air as he directly said and he didn’t see the kick otherwise he’ll know what happened. Obviously Mikey jumped to reach the height of his head.
He saw it, he said it after, I linked the scan, he saw Mikey jumping and starting his kick and after it he didn't see anything

A clock? No no.. This analogy is wrong because Taiju was lifted off the ground by the kick and slammed. Otherwise, way more than half of his body would’ve been visible to the on-lookers due to lower speeds of the rest of the body compared to his head and they’ll be able to tell what happened.
He doesn't slam the ground with his entire body to be honest. In the anime as well, the rest of his body falls slowly than his head.
As much as I hate the logic you’re using (comparing works of fiction), you’re comparing a wooden floor to a concrete floor… Thanks for leaving that out.
Wood and concrete seriously have a very similar fragmentation value. Not comparing works of fiction, I am just pointing out that the amount of destruction is seriously not up to the mark.
Using 34.4m/s is simply not allowed anymore, move on. There is no longer any debate to be had and I already gave reasons why using that speed indicates motion blur which obviously isn’t disappearing.
Get off your high horse for now. There was a calc stacking thread where we discussed that this was one of the only FTE feats which Mikey had before the final arc. You may ask Zefra as well for it, he was the one who started the thread. Secondly, there was a calc for this before as well where 1/220th of the second was used, it was accepted as well, but soon after, it was also downgraded.

Hey, I didn't say this, its what vapour wanted to say

How the **** is a human disapearing similar to a ball disapearing, the speed FTE comes from a small ball moving at 34.3 m/s being invisible to the human eye, a human is like 20x the size of a ball, for both of them to completely vanish from sight and you want to use 34.3 ?! What bullshit

The lack of destruction for the car calc is stupid but whatever, multiple people have agreed to use the calc even DMUA someone who is very careful about what calcs he accepts ESPECIALLY when it comes to TR, you guys are just being skeptics at this point

Takemichi from the train calc has a insane perception speed and Taiju disappeared from his sight, for you to say its anything below supersonic or subsonic is WRONG, for you to say the first part of Mikey's kick wasn't going faster then subsonic is also a wild assumption, why would he go slow while jumping, Taiju would simply move out of the way lol ?

You say there's a lack of destruction but even you know that's stupid, There are multiple calcs accepted where the KE reaches even 7A but cause no destruction to the enviroment, stop being dumb, if Mikey kicked a human with the speed of that kick the humans face would be pulverised and you know this, READ LINKS BELOW FOR THE FEATS

He saw it, he said it, after I linked the scan, he saw Mikey jumping and starting his kick and after it he didn't see anything

Take a screenshot of Takemichi saying he saw and show us this whole thing right away.

All Takemichi saw is Mikey jumping through the air.

so it's ok if Mikey has almost 1,62 m of leg when his total height is 1,62 m ? + I don't get your point Mikey just made a 360° with his kick since he just turned basically I don't get what "Mikey wasn’t on the ground when he made the kick" has to do with it

hey man, look, Mikey jumped through the air so how are we supposed to know how he kicked? I only used the trajectory of his feet as that’s what is shown. I see where you’re coming from because i know you’re imagining he kicked in a certain way and sticking to it so obviously it’s going to look wonky in your mind’s view.

Last edited:
Also, these are the manga pages:
1.jpg

2.jpg

It says, "For an instant, Mikey-kun flew through the air. Then... There was a dull sound. And Taiju... vanished from my sight.". From the wording, it comes out like there was a dull sound, and Taiju vanished from the sight then. But the speed is literally supersonic (obviously faster than sound). As we know, the speed of sound is 343 m/s, and the timeframe used for the speed was 0.0142857143 seconds. From the looks of it, in that timeframe, sound should be able to travel around 4.9 m easily, and clearly from the anime stuff, the distance is much lesser.

Secondly, how the hell is he able to hear the dull sound first and then Taiju disappears. Like, the wording itself is like that. This is so messed up beh. I somehow agreed to how this could be an FTE feat in the previous downgrade thread for calc stacking. But if this is true, then damn.

Get off your high horse for now.

This was absolutely unnecessary. Keep up this shitty attitude, or I will just stop responding to you.

In the anime as well, the rest of his body falls slowly than his head.

The rest of the body falls after the slam due to gravity.

There was a calc stacking thread where we discussed that this was one of the only FTE feats which Mikey had before the final arc. You may ask Zefra as well for it, he was the one who started the thread. Secondly, there was a calc for this before as well where 1/220th of the second was used, it was accepted as well, but soon after, it was also downgraded.

How is it my fault I used an even better logic than what was proposed?

It says, "For an instant, Mikey-kun flew through the air. Then... There was a dull sound. And Taiju... vanished from my sight.". From the wording, it comes out like there was a dull sound, and Taiju vanished from the sight then. But the speed is literally supersonic (obviously faster than sound). As we know, the speed of sound is 343 m/s, and the timeframe used for the speed was 0.0142857143 seconds. From the looks of it, in that timeframe, sound should be able to travel around 4.9 m easily, and clearly from the anime stuff, the distance is much lesser.

Secondly, how the hell is he able to hear the dull sound first and then Taiju disappears. Like, the wording itself is like that. This is so messed up beh. I somehow agreed to how this could be an FTE feat in the previous downgrade thread for calc stacking. But if this is true, then damn.

To clarify lol, the sound came from the kick not the slam. The sound was heard but Taiju had vanished.

He did not say "There was a dull sound and then Taiju vanished from my sight".

He said " Then... There was a dull sound and Taiju vanished from my sight."

Take a screenshot of Takemichi saying he saw and show us this whole thing right away.

All Takemichi saw is Mikey jumping through the air.
That's what I said, did you even read my text? but while he was jumping he already start his kick like 1/5 of the total C and takemichi saw that part after that Mikey had an acceleration that's all, I never said Takemichi saw the whole kick it wouldn't make sense.
hey man, look, Mikey jumped through the air so how are we supposed to know how he kicked? I only used the trajectory of his feet as that’s what is shown. I see where you’re coming from because i know you’re imagining he kicked in a certain way and sticking to it so obviously it’s going to look wonky in your mind’s view.
yes the trajectory suggests a circular kick, but the actual lines we see can't be use unless you really think Mikey's leg is like 1,50 m which is impossible, the line are an hyperbolic way to explain the kick since even without pixel scaling you can tell they are too big compared to Mikey's leg, I mean you are really ignoring the fact Mikey's leg is 1,50 m using your way to calc the feat, literally.

It's not just a matter of disappearing from sight. The issue is the speed at which Mikey kicked, which is equal to the speed at which Taiju fell. They are not related. We just need to measure the distance Taiju fell divided by 0.0143 seconds, which is sufficient to make him disappear from sight.

When did we determine that disappearing from sight must have a speed of 481.89 m/s? Remember, we cannot equate the motion of the legs to the speed of the kicked object. This rule has already been written.
Note that throwing speed is typically not applied to combat speed, but only treated as attack speed, as it is usually considered a feat of strength more so than a measure of how fast the character can run or fight.
We need to differentiate between the speed of Mikey's leg and the speed at which Taiju falls. Therefore, we need to find the various velocities of Taiju while he is falling. His entire motion lasts only 0.0143 seconds, and that is why the normal kinetic energy cannot be used because the velocities of different body parts during 0.0143 seconds are not the same. Taiju's fall does not necessarily occur at supersonic speed in all parts.

This was absolutely unnecessary. Keep up this shitty attitude, or I will just stop responding to you.
Attitude? You are saying stuff like "There is no longer any debate to be had" so I am just equaling the balance on both sides. And I know it's because you have got a lot of staff input as well so getting on a high horse is not a rarity here. I can bring 10 dudes just to disagree with this thread and that wouldn't mean this thread downgrades completely.
The rest of the body falls after the slam due to gravity.
Beh, exactly what I am saying. It doesn't fall because of the "KE" supplied to his body.
How is it my fault I used an even better logic than what was proposed?
Again, get off the horse for now.

1/220 was found in research done with pilots who has a well-trained eye. 1/70 is for an average human's eye. And in the reference for common feats page as well, it has been written that none of those values could be used. I once calculated a Demon Slayer feat where Therefir advised me to use human perceptions from the wiki itself to calculate a feat, and that too, for a freaking demon.
To clarify lol, the sound came from the kick not the slam. The sound was heard but Taiju had vanished.

He did not say "There was a dull sound and then Taiju vanished from my sight".

He said " Then... There was a dull sound and Taiju vanished from my sight."
This is all about experience. You might be scaling this verse from a month or so and I am doing it for specifically this verse from 1.5 years. Regarding the history of this feat, it was debated to be a sonic boom by some "overwankers" which I have met like everywhere. All of this was done solved when we seriously compared sounds from the anime adaptation and wood getting smashed. And from what we saw, the sound had more reasons to be the sound of wood hit rather than a kick. And don't be so confident about saying stuff like that. Usually, stuff written after the conjunction like "and" is primarily because it is likely happening afterwards.

That's what I said, did you even read my text? but while he was jumping he already start his kick like 1/5 of the total C and takemichi saw that part after that Mikey had an acceleration that's all, I never said Takemichi saw the whole kick it wouldn't make sense.

He didn't, because he didnt say he did. Otherwise, he wouldve guessed what happened but he was just as clueless as everyone else. He only saw the jump.

yes the trajectory suggests a circular kick, but the actual lines we see can't be use unless you really think Mikey's leg is like 1,50 m which is impossible, the line are an hyperbolic way to explain the kick since even without pixel scaling you can tell they are too big compared to Mikey's leg, I mean you are really ignoring the fact Mikey's leg is 1,50 m using your way to calc the feat literally.

Bro are you not understanding what im saying, We can't tell the position of Mikey's body mid air so we can't assume his entire leg that traveled because his body was also flying through the air. *A jump towards the left could cause a ellipse-like shape, or who knows maybe Mikey threw his body into the kick since he is taller than "almost 1.62m". I am not saying Mikey just stretched his leg.

The shown trajectory was focused on his foot, not even his whole leg.

EDIT: I used the word obviously when I too have no idea how Mikey maneuvered his body for the kick. So I deleted it*

Last edited:

Doesn't mean he did see Mikey's leg lmao, his legs had to move more meters than him jumping up around 25cms, so his leg might not be seen while he was jumping, and this seems to be that case since takemichi never mentioned that lmao, also his jump was at a very short duration.

He didn't, because he didnt say he did. Otherwise, he wouldve guessed what happened but he was just as clueless as everyone else. He only saw the jump.
scan, he was explaining what happened and yeah he described Mikey jumping while he wast starting his kick he isn't guessing otherwise he would have explain everything else in the same way instead he could exactly tell what happened there but he could only explain that there was a sound and taiju was on the ground after that so yeah, he saw that first part, there is nothing wrong with Mikey accelerating on a certain point.
Bro are you not understanding what im saying, We can't tell the position of Mikey's body mid air so we can't assume his entire leg that traveled because his body was also flying through the air. Obviously, a jump towards the left could cause a ellipse-like shape, I am not saying Mikey didn't just stretch his leg.

The shown trajectory was focused on his foot, not even his whole leg.
ok ellipse might be good but doesn't change the fact that on a certain point his leg was 1,5 m by using your pixel scaling, the line suggesting the trajectory can't be used is anatomically impossible for him to create a trajectory like that it's just an exaggeration of the kick, because if you want to keep the pixel scaling this way you have to explain how his leg is 1,5 m on a certain point or why he can move in mid air (ths also might exaplain it but I believe Mikey can't somehow move himself on the left in mid air yk)

Doesn't mean he did see Mikey's leg lmao, his legs had to move more meters than him jumping up around 25cms, so his leg might not be seen while he was jumping, and this seems to be that case since takemichi never mentioned that lmao, also his jump was at a very short duration.
You are using the same logic as that Hanma's calc here. While Mikey's kick can be around that level, we never know what Taiju's speed will be too.

Fair point but I can say Take would have said something about it too like about his leg being invisible like "Mikey jumped and his leg was invisible", it goes on interpretation I think, because in the panel we can see his leg and that was from the POV of Take.

scan, he was explaining what happened and yeah he described Mikey jumping.

Full stop. Since thats what Takemichi said he saw in your scan.

Please I don't want us to go in circles, I respectfully disagree that he saw the kick at any point.

BTW, yes there is something wrong with just accelerating mid way, especially after building up momentum with his body

ok ellipse might be good but doesn't change the fact that on a certain point his leg was 1,5 m by using your pixel scaling, the line suggesting the trajectory can't be used is anatomically impossible for him to create a trajectory like that it's just an exaggeration of the kick, because if you want to keep the pixel scaling this way you have to explain how his leg is 1,5 m on a certain point or why he can move in mid air

The ellipse is the trajectory of his foot. The trajectory of his leg and more importantly the body was never shown. So we can't even assume he was upright during the kick. So claiming that I implied his leg was 1.5m is wrong!

(ths also might exaplain it but I believe Mikey can't somehow move himself on the left in mid air yk)

(I editted that message to remove the word "obviously", that was as much as a guess as yours. I also said he couldve thrown his whole body into the attack which probably makes more sense)

Fair point but I can say Take would have said something about it too like about his leg being invisible like "Mikey jumped and his leg was invisible", it goes on interpretation I think, because in the panel we can see his leg and that was from the POV of Take.

It's not necessary for him to say that. Taking what he said as is and not adding unnecessary assumptions is the most productive thing to do here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back