• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tokyo Revengers verse upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorrisHatesYou

Username Only
So, recently I made a calculation for Tokyo Revengers and it happens to get accepted.

The character who done the feat, Chifuyu happens to be a mid tier character who's comparable to Mitsuya who can fight 70% of Taiju Shiba.

Scans: Here.

So, Taiju naming the percentage of his strength gives clarification to where the Mid, High, Top and God tier characters scale.

1342.89m/s is the result from the calculation, which is where mid tiers and 70% of Taiju scale, so 100% Taiju should be: (1342.89/70)×100= 1918.41m/s which is Hypersonic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scaling:

God tier characters:
Mikey and Izana shoud get:
"Atleast Hypersonic, Likely far higher"
Since suppressed Mikey one-shot Taiju, and Izana dominated Mikey when they fought.

Top tier characters:
South, Senju, Kakucho, final arc Takemichi and Taiju should scale to just:
"Hypersonic" (for only Taiju), or "Hypersonic, possibly higher" (the other 4 characters)
Since Kakucho has easy time to blitz or outspeed characters whom Taiju should have problem with. Takemichi in final arc can fight on par with Kakucho.
Senju and South are two of the three deities (the other one being Mikey), these two characters are narratively portrayed to be equal to Mikey, the Mikey they're compared with is the Mikey that already defeated Taiju with a single kick.

High tier characters:
Angry, Mucho, Wakasa, Benkei, Inui, Kokonoi, Draken and Hanma should scale to:
"At least Supersonic+, likely higher"
Since the weakest character here Hanma can fight on par with Mikey in the beginning of the series, who's already stronger than all of the mid tiers.

Mid tier characters: Osanai, Sanzu, Baji, Kazutora, Mitsuya, Pah Chin, Smiley, Chifuyu, Hakkai, Ran, Rindou, Mochi and Ryusei should scale to:
"Supersonic+"
Since they're all comparable to one another, mid tiers of the verse.

Last edited:
Not a single person here should be hypersonic let alone at least hypersonic likely far higher you calc got about 1300m/s, hypersonic starts at 1715m/s a far cry away from that being amost 1.3x above the value you got which is not near our upscale limits.

Supersonic+ is fine

1342.89m/s is the result from the calculation, which is where mid tiers and 70% of Taiju scale, so 100% Taiju should be: (1342.89/70)×100= 1918.41m/s which is Hypersonic.
That specifically is not how that works and is calc stacking. He'd simply just "higher" at 100%

Not a single person here should be hypersonic let alone at least hypersonic likely far higher you calc got about 1300m/s, hypersonic starts at 1715m/s a far cry away from that being amost 1.3x above the value you got which is not near our upscale limits.

Supersonic+ is fine

That specifically is not how that works and is calc stacking. He'd simply just "higher" at 100%
At least the calc is okay? Also Dale can you link the guys who participated in the TK Staff Discussion to check this?

At least the calc is okay? Also Dale can you link the guys who participated in the TK Staff Discussion to check this?
Not all of them want to participate in this verse and only agreed cause it was staff only so I'd say dm them but yeah I mean its fine

Yeah that doesn't mean anything to this imma be real if it did the current pages would reflect this and no one would be subsonic+ but instead transonic.

Taiju's multipliers are already being used.
My brother in christ no they aren't, they're used literally only for his AP justification and that doesn't even get up higher because of it. Its not even remotely used for his speed

Do some research before talking please.
It also affect his speed bro

So point out to where on his profile are they being used aside from AP since I didn't "do my research "

So point out to where on his profile are they being used aside from AP since I didn't "do my research "
Mitsuya and every mid tier used to scale to 70% of Taiju's speed, now Zefra created a mess and everyone is Subsonic+ somehow.

Correcting is fine, but not with that tone
I'm not trying to be rude, I just won't be arguing about things that are already accepted.

Mitsuya and every mid tier used to scale to 70% of Taiju's speed, now Zefra created a mess and everyone is Subsonic+ somehow.

I'm not trying to be rude, I just won't be arguing about things that are already accepted.
It wasn't used on his profile before bro why are you lying it was never "already accepted" in his speed justification

While Taiju scaled to 1125 m/s through Draken's calculation, every mid tier scaled to 787.5 m/s by scaling to 70% Taiju. That's how every mid tier was Supersonic. It's already accepted and it's pointless to discuss it further.

While Taiju scaled to 1125 m/s through Draken's calculation, every mid tier scaled to 787.5 m/s by scaling to 70% Taiju. That's how every mid tier was Supersonic. It's already accepted and it's pointless to discuss it further.
Sure as long as you actually link me to where staff accepted this scaling like this before and actually show me where this was accepted and represented directly on the verse page and other profiles directly with this then its fine

And I specifically want CGM approval linked

Agree with applying the accepted calc but not sure about the multipliers. If it’s really accepted to apply to speed as well then sure I agree with that too.

Sure as long as you actually link me to where staff accepted this scaling like this before and actually show me where this was accepted and represented directly on the verse page and other profiles directly with this then its fine

And I specifically want CGM approval linked
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Takashi_Mitsuya Seems like here it states that one scales to 70% Takashi. No idea if it's on purpose or was just overlooked.

I mean everyone is subsonic+ rn so it doesn't mean anything like I said normally with this unless this is like some dragon ball series with a UES or some other power systems he'd simply just be "higher" at full power
You can look at some older versions and at least see that he scales to Supersonic while Taiju was Supersonic+.

I mean everyone is subsonic+ rn so it doesn't mean anything like I said normally with this unless this is like some dragon ball series with a UES or some other power systems he'd simply just be "higher" at full power
So it's not that it gives anything more than what's accepted it just has a different showcase of feats that are done by the state. So a 100% wouldn't state some quantible percent higher of a lower speed feat just a random higher statement on the profile.

So it's not that it gives anything more than what's accepted it just has a different showcase of feats that are done by the state. So a 100% wouldn't state some quantible percent higher of a lower speed feat just a random higher statement on the profile.
Exactly

The calc implies Chifuyu is 30x faster than a character who scales to Baji who should be superior to Chifuyu in speed and that's a contradiction.
(So Chifuyu >>>>>>>>> Hishi = Baji > Chifuyu)

From the calculation page:

Evading Punches

Refrain from calculating feats based on dodging attacks from other characters at extreme proximity, as this is primarily a trope used to exaggerate a narrow miss rather than a literal representation of overwhelming speed. Taking it at face value is often inconsistent with the battle in which the feat occurs, where the opponents are presented as equals, but the calculation results in them being considered several times faster. This should only be used when the character in question is greatly superior to the one who's attack he is evading and the speed of the attack is concretely stated, such as being able to surpass the speed of sound, or light, or uses a basis in the Real World such as the speed of an athlete's punch. If the two fighters are equal, you should simply scale them to the stated speed of the attack, or off of other feats they perform.

The calc implies Chifuyu is 30x faster than a character who scales to Baji who should be superior to Chifuyu in speed and that's a contradiction.

Evading Punches

Refrain from calculating feats based on dodging attacks from other characters at extreme proximity, as this is primarily a trope used to exaggerate a narrow miss rather than a literal representation of overwhelming speed. Taking it at face value is often inconsistent with the battle in which the feat occurs, where the opponents are presented as equals, but the calculation results in them being considered several times faster. This should only be used when the character in question is greatly superior to the one who's attack he is evading and the speed of the attack is concretely stated, such as being able to surpass the speed of sound, or light, or uses a basis in the Real World such as the speed of an athlete's punch. If the two fighters are equal, you should simply scale them to the stated speed of the attack, or off of other feats they perform.
Knew that something wasn't adding up. Thank you Zefra. I would like people's opinions on that.

Usually, almost all Tokyo Revengers readers know that Taiju is at 30% to 50%. He only starts to get his percentage increased when he fought stronger opponents.

When Taiju punched Mitsuya the first time, Mitsuya was easily blocking his attack. This should be 30% or 50% Taiju

But when Taiju was 70%, Mitsuya couldn't block or evade the attack, he just fought him toe to toe.

See Taiju's speed difference.

Also, Taiju just said "strength" and "power", which are generalized words.

Evading Punches

I know you would come up with this.

If you ever read the spinoff, you'd know that Kojiro isn't comparable to Baji, and was holding back against ryusei.

Usually, almost all Tokyo Revengers readers know that Taiju is at 30% to 50%. He only starts to get his percentage increased when he fought stronger opponents.

When Taiju punched Mitsuya the first time, Mitsuya was easily blocking his attack. This should be 30% or 50% Taiju

But when Taiju was 70%, Mitsuya couldn't block or evade the attack, he just fought him toe to toe.

See Taiju's speed difference.

Also, Taiju just said "strength" and "power", which are generalized words.

This does nothing to justify percentage based upscaling in calcs like its One For All, you're missing the point and besides Zefra is actually right about our standards

Evading Punches

I mean the calc is fine the justifications and everything used for it are fine, its potentially just an outlier because of our standards

This does nothing to justify percentage based upscaling in calcs like its One For All, you're missing the point
Why only ap and not speed?
I mean the calc is fine the justifications and everything used for it are fine, its potentially just an outlier because of our standards
No dude, Kojiro is not comparable to Baji or Chifuyu, and he was ******* holding back against Ryusei, he doesn't go as serious against Baji and Chifuyu when he attack them with a bat, because Ryusei is in his side the entire time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back