• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Justice for Tokyo Revengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was remaking your calculation but I realised I couldn't be farked, you did it wrong cause Takemichi's mouth is gaping open in the second image meaning his face length is alot longer, so I would change it to face width (from just under his eye) for better accuracy. I also wanna say that I don't think hair length counts to a characters height, might be wrong but I think it shouldn't.
I found this panel which would get us a much better distance than distance from POV between the goon and Takemichi too.

Also, if you still think its not a blitz, it still should be enough proof to say that Kakucho should have reached Kisaki ALOT faster especially since he was boosted by adrenaline, if you still don't think that its not PIS then you also think Kisaki > Kakucho

Ah, I can save myself from the pain that is AngSizing. Honestly, without a calculation I can assume the distance is less then 3 metres, so the results would = 540 m/s +++
That's the highball and I don't think Takemichi moved his body 90 degrees so nah. Also, let's not clog up the thread.

before you say they literally reacted, that was during a different timeframe, before Kakucho DASHED at them

...even then, that doesn't really show or say much

panel 1: shows a punching motion with 2 other characters backing away while having their eyes set on the events occuring

panel 2: shows characters clearling reacting with words (what?!) (damn!) then shows the character performing a dashing motion with the opponent he is punching having his arms up to guard but failing to do so

panel 3: shows him already past 2 other characters whom he punched, with no clear indication as to how he did so

panel 4: shows the 4 characters exclaming how strong the opponent was, nothing about speed

nothing about the events shown indicates a huge difference in speed, more of a difference in strenght/attack potency, with the characters confirming that to be the case when exclaiming about his strenght and not how they were unable to react to his movements

again, this really isn't a speed blitz

...even then, that doesn't really show or say much

panel 1: shows a punching motion with 2 other characters backing away while having their eyes set on the events occuring

panel 2: shows characters clearling reacting with words (what?!) (damn!) then shows the character performing a dashing motion with the opponent he is punching having his arms up to guard but failing to do so

panel 3: shows him already past 2 other characters whom he punched, with no clear indication as to how he did so

panel 4: shows the 4 characters exclaming how strong the opponent was, nothing about speed

nothing about the events shown indicates a huge difference in speed, more of a difference in strenght/attack potency, with the characters confirming that to be the case when exclaiming about his strenght and not how they were unable to react to his movements

again, this really isn't a speed blitz
Bro, I just explained this, they reacted to him before he started the blitz

I don't understand how you don't think its a blitz when NO ONE reacted to Kakucho when he began his blitz. Also, when someone moves fast other people don't need to bring it up, for example, when Hanma got blitzed by Mikey and Mikey seemingly broke the sound barrier, no one bought up speed, same as when Mikey kicked Taiju, Koko and Inui didn't say anything about his speed, they just said it was done in one hit.
Not again with arguments useless for the thread itself....
These aren't usless arguments, they benefit the thread because it helps establish that Kakucho not being able to dodge the bullets when running at Kisaki is PIS. Although, I have many more arguments

Bro, I just explained this, they reacted to him before he started the blitz

I don't understand how you don't think its a blitz when NO ONE reacted to Kakucho when he began his blitz. Also, when someone moves fast other people don't need to bring it up, for example, when Hanma got blitzed by Mikey and Mikey seemingly broke the sound barrier, no one bought up speed, same as when Mikey kicked Taiju, Koko and Inui didn't say anything about his speed, they just said it was done in one hit.
Everyone know the speed of Mikey kicks, in fact people are surprised when people can actually block it, see Base Mikey vs Hanma, no one knew Kakucho and his abilities so of his main power was speed they would have notice, instead they noticed his strenght, also... Inui reacted to him dashing...

the general consensus seems to be that this argument is useless for the points being currently discussed

it is my fault for bringing this topic about blitzing, so please forget about it

Everyone know the speed of Mikey kicks, in fact people are surprised when people can actually block it, see Base Mikey vs Hanma, no one knew Kakucho and his abilities so of his main power was speed they would have notice, instead they noticed his strenght, also... Inui reacted to him dashing...
Random's don't know about it, you have no proof of this. How did Inui react to him dashing ? If your talking about him having his arms up then you must be trolling because Kakucho tackled him from under, his arms going up isn't a matter of him reacting, its a matter of the attack Kakucho preformed.
Not again.....
I'll stop if you think its useless to the argument that guns are / aren't outliers

I would appreciate it if you didn’t use an unfinished thread/discussion as evidence of a topic needing a discussion rule and I don’t think there have been enough finished CRTs on the same topics that warrants a discussion rule. The worst that has happened are one or two CRTs that talk about the same things for prolong periods. Discussion rules are for many CRTs on the same subject afaik. Also a Discussion rule on personal calc blogs would be unnecessarily restrictive cuz at the end of the day CGMs have a choice to ignore them.

That’s all I’ll say on this. I’ll stop derailing.

@Antvasima we may need different staff members to take a look at this who are willing to read through the thread and give their thoughts on the arguments here regarding the speed stuff as the ability additions have already been figured out and the scaling is another matter for the supports.

Also @CloverDragon03 @DMUA sorry to bother you both but can I get your opinions here as well on the arguments as well as the usability of this calc
@DarkGrath @Moritzva @Duedate8898 @Planck69 @Lonkitt @LephyrTheRevanchist @Deagonx @FinePoint

Are any of you willing to help out here please?

I would appreciate it if you didn’t use an unfinished thread/discussion as evidence of a topic needing a discussion rule and I don’t think there have been enough finished CRTs on the same topics that warrants a discussion rule. The worst that has happened are one or two CRTs that talk about the same things for prolong periods. Discussion rules are for many CRTs on the same subject afaik. Also a Discussion rule on personal calc blogs would be unnecessarily restrictive cuz at the end of the day CGMs have a choice to ignore them.

That’s all I’ll say on this. I’ll stop derailing.
absolutely and abhorrently disagree there have been dozens of speed threads about the same exact feats and the same goal of upgrading the verse to supersonic to hypersonic so much so that this is blatantly untrue I'll just link even a couple

This first one tho is in regards to removing some but the rest are all upgrade or recalcs of the same rejected feats

This one was recently recinded by DMUA following standard changes

and lets not forget this 11 page long CRT about said speed feats that several CGMs and some thread and content mods commented on

Let alone all the other harassments and other shit that has happened and made its way to RVR because of the speed of this verse, I think a discussion rule is absolutely in order

I do not mind a discussion rule if a suggested revision has been repeatedly rejected by our staff and argued for in a hostile manner in conjunction.

absolutely and abhorrently disagree there have been dozens of speed threads about the same exact feats and the same goal of upgrading the verse to supersonic to hypersonic so much so that this is blatantly untrue I'll just link even a couple

This first one tho is in regards to removing some but the rest are all upgrade or recalcs of the same rejected feats

This one was recently recinded by DMUA following standard changes

and lets not forget this 11 page long CRT about said speed feats that several CGMs and some thread and content mods commented on

Let alone all the other harassments and other shit that has happened and made its way to RVR because of the speed of this verse, I think a discussion rule is absolutely in order
Thanks for listing the threads. I will start creating a discussion rule.

Adding this: https://vsbattles.com/threads/biggest-tokyo-revengers-dowgrade-calculations-heheh.153545/

Also they are blogs but..... we made a discussion in order to recalc the feats with many CGMs where I basically sent the entire chapters of the feats so they could see the context by their own ( I only stated my opinion about Draken and Izana while the CGMs could have disagreed with me anytime but some people ignore that).... right after that several blogs have been made without an actual improvement in the calcs presenting again the same feats with the same contexts and assumptions, also people refused to partecipate in the staff only thread when CGMs said they were free to share their opinion about the calcs and said "I won't partecipate in that shit" cit Vapourrr and "I'll let you guys debunk it, we will rebunk it anytime" cit Dino, this shouldn't be the main reason for the rule but still should be take in account imo.

EDIT: if needed I'll send some links

I'm not opposed to a discussion rule.

However, it'll be better if this thread is concluded before that's done.

Having a discussion rule now, effectively nukes this thread.

That being said, the OP needs to outline the current arguments for the thread.

Opposition can do the same thing.

Then leave it for staff evaluation.

It's already 3 pages and there's no noticeable progress on the topics.

I suppose that seems reasonable.

That being said, the OP needs to outline the current arguments for the thread.

Opposition can do the same thing.

Then leave it for staff evaluation.

It's already 3 pages and there's no noticeable progress on the topics.
At work so I won't be able to do that for a good while today but that said I think my responses from the first 2 pages speak for themself

I do not mind a discussion rule if a suggested revision has been repeatedly rejected by our staff and argued for in a hostile manner in conjunction.
Mhm; do you like me to create a new staff thread for discussion rule, or should I simply present it here?

That is a good question.

Usually I would prefer if it is added via this thread, but given that so few staff members have been interested in responding here, we may have to start a staff only thread in order to receive sufficient input.

We should probably finish our discussion here and close this thread first though.

That is a good question.

Usually I would prefer if it is added via this thread, but given that so few staff members have been interested in responding here, we may have to start a staff only thread in order to receive sufficient input.

We should probably finish our discussion here and close this thread first though.
Alright, please ping me once this is concluded, so I can create a proper staff thread for the discussion rule.

At work so I won't be able to do that for a good while today but that said I think my responses from the first 2 pages speak for themself
Well, we can say the same for our responses as well.
In that case, someone (not me) should either quote or link the relevant arguments and counter arguments.

TR already has a bad rep

Having a 7 page CRT full of the same arguments won't make it better

In that case, someone (not me) should either quote or link the relevant arguments and counter arguments.

TR already has a bad rep

Having a 7 page CRT full of the same arguments won't make it better
Leave it to morris, do NOT let zefra or one of the opponents do it imo, I already did but deleted it cause morris said bruh

That is a good question.

You know what Ant? I have an idea.

Discussing all of these at the same time is gonna get things very messy and hard to evaluate.

So I think we should get things done one by one without necessarily closing this thread.

For example, we'll argue about the scaling chain only for now, and after everything is concluded, we'll tackle other things one by one, does that sound good? Without necessarily closing this thread. It's gonna be easier than way.

I agree with Morris here. Every topic in the OP is still argued upon (other than the fear inducement one which was talked about and rejected) so talking about things on seperate threads would be much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back