• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tokyo Revengers verse upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure then I can respect that for the Naoto one
Do the supporters have any debates for the other gun feats ? Did these characters fall under this:
  1. Is the context a one-on-one configuration? |
  2. Are there discernible elements that bestow disadvantages upon a singular party? |
  3. Do these inherent disadvantages markedly and substantially influence the resultant outcome? |
  4. In the hypothetical scenario of eliminating these specific circumstances, would the resultant outcome exhibit disparity? |

The goons were after Takemichi and Senju got shot trying to protect him. She didn't get outsped by the gun at all.
My brother in christ had draken not came and had takemichi not known that was going to happen like originally, they would've been in the same position about 2~3m away from the shooter and mind you now we're talking about South and Senju one of your supposed hypersonic characters and she for sure would have no reason to die here if she were in fact even supersonic let alone Hypersonic

My brother in christ had draken not came and had takemichi not known that was going to happen like originally, they would've been in the same position about 2~3m away from the shooter and mind you now we're talking about South one of your supposed hypersonic characters and she for sure would have no reason to die here if she were in fact even supersonic let alone Hypersonic
I agree w/ u on this.
See at some point when we're going to buff up literally any charater to supersonic+ to hypersonic, there's going to be the problem of Senju, who's up there capable of trading blows with South who downscales from Mikey and has been blitzed by Senju before.
So no matter what character, Senju would be scaled to supersonic+ or hyper, then it would be utterly nonsensical for her not to avoid a 450 m/s bullet coming towards her and Takemichi, which would vbe the anti-feat that debunks this ivory tower tinfoil hat claim.

Here itnis is the ole suicide excuse for a character exuding hope and working to restore a better toman who wants his friend to live, man I'm sure if he were a bullet timer he'd not have to sit there and could just move out of the way without having to sit there and accept death
You can't really dodge a bullet if the gun is right next to your head while being restricted like that. Even if he dodged once, he wouldn't be able to do anything else.

You can't really dodge a bullet if the gun is right next to your head while being restricted like that. Even if he dodged once, he wouldn't be able to do anything else.
He can percieve the barrel chambering and act before it even fires tbh so nah this is bs and still senju gets negged by a 450m/s bullet from 3m away lol

And by the way, that Senju is amped, the Senju at Draken's feat is in her base mode, and she isn't pitrayed to be that high
Doesn't matter tbh even if she was supersonic she need only move herself and takemichi 25-50cm each to be out of the way while the bullet has to travel 3m

If their attack speed is genuinely the same, then Mikey would be as hurt as South, but that doesn't happen.
What does this suggest?

Common sense, it's that attack speed vary, there is nothing in the series that potrays other kick being faster than the one delivered to Taiju.

And Mikey WASN'T using his signature kick here

My brother in christ had draken not came and had takemichi not known that was going to happen like originally, they would've been in the same position about 2~3m away from the shooter and mind you now we're talking about South one of your supposed hypersonic characters and she for sure would have no reason to die here if she were in fact even supersonic let alone Hypersonic
I agree w/ u on this.
See at some point when we're going to buff up literally any charater to supersonic+ to hypersonic, there's going to be the problem of Senju, who's up there capable of trading blows with South who downscales from Mikey and has been blitzed by Senju before.
So no matter what character, Senju would be scaled to supersonic+ or hyper, then it would be utterly nonsensical for her not to avoid a 450 m/s bullet coming towards her and Takemichi, which would vbe the anti-feat that debunks this ivory tower tinfoil hat claim.
Are you guys serious? Takemichi literally jumps in front of Senju so she doesn't sacrifice herself and holds her down when Draken comes and saves them.

Also to correct your scaling chain, Senju before revealing her true potential is not comparable to DI Mikey or South.

Are you guys serious? Takemichi literally jumps in front of Senju so she doesn't sacrifice herself and holds her down when Draken comes and saves them.

Also to correct your scaling chain, Senju before revealing her true potential is not comparable to DI Mikey or South.
That's literally only AFTER he knows, he doesn't originally know this would happen so she'd just get shot from that range, you're blatantly ignoring context and it does matter if she's not always hypersonic because she'd scale to supersonic+ normally by your own logic so she'd still be able to evade

He can percieve the barrel chambering and act before it even fires tbh so nah this is bs
And then do what? He can't escape or anything.

still the gap in speed isn't massive, that's what I mean, South isn't exponentially faster than him and Kakucho isn't exponentially faster than South, more less the speed is around the same level
Tenjiku Kakucho can blitz Angry who can blitz Mucho who can easily beat Inui who can put up a fight against Wakasa who can blitz Base South. Yes the gap is massive.

I seriously start to think that in your mind calc>narrative
It's so blatant Plot-Induced Stupidity. If she ran up to Takemichi and pulled him out of the way then Draken would have survived, completely changing the story.

That's literally only AFTER he knows, he doesn't originally know this would happen so she'd just get shot from that range, you're blatantly ignoring context and it does matter if she's not always hypersonic because she'd scale to supersonic+ normally by your own logic so she'd still be able to evade
bro.

The same thing literally happens in Takemichi's vision but Senju actually manages to save Takemichi but gets shot too kinda like the moment when Izana saves Kakucho.

Also, the thing you guys miss.

The series implies that Mikey on his DI has a tendency to boost/reveal more of his speed as shown when he was against Takemichi, his kicks starts to get faster once Takemichi was able to dodge his kicks.
And it is heavily implied that the AS was boosted in the fight against South since the speed gap between South and Mikey is tremendous since South didn't deal as much as damage to Mikey in the end.

If we were to go by what you guys said, then since randoms can somehow perceive some of Mikey's attacks in chapter 262, will it mean that those randoms will be able to perceive the kick to Taiju?

Like I said, speed varies.

Tenjiku Kakucho can blitz Angry who can blitz Mucho who can easily beat Inui who can put up a fight against Wakasa who can blitz Base South. Yes the gap is massive.
Angry never blitzed Mucho, the context just suggests he outskilled him, Wakasa didn't blitz South in any way, they were 2v1 South and still South could land hits, there is no way in a 2v1 you get hit when you can blitz you opponent
It's so blatant Plot-Induced Stupidity. If she ran up to Takemichi and pulled him out of the way then Draken would have survived, completely changing the story.
If the author has in his mind "my characters can no diff bullets" situations where they die from bullets wouldn't exist in first place
Also, the thing you guys miss.

The series implies that Mikey on his DI has a tendency to boost/reveal more of his speed as shown when he was against Takemichi, his kicks starts to get faster once Takemichi was able to dodge his kicks.
And it is heavily implied that the AS was boosted in the fight against South since the speed gap between South and Mikey is tremendous since South didn't deal as much as damage to Mikey in the end.

If we were to go by what you guys said, then since randoms can somehow perceive some of Mikey's attacks in chapter 262, will it mean that those randoms will be able to perceive the kick to Taiju?

Like I said, speed varies.

They never perceive his attacks, they just see him moving from a part to another, if they can perceive his attack than we have to remove my supersonic calc since it works because people can't react to his attacks.
Also I don't see any reason why Mikey had a slower speed against DI South when he was going for a kill in a blood lusted state when he could KO him with one hit, the speed is the same, we literally have a time skip and we don't see the fight for all we know Mikey could have dodge something, South maybe didn't even damaged him with some attacks we literally can only assume what happened there, but we have a clear scan when both attacks land at the same time implying they are relative, yeah speed varies, for sure it doesn't drop from super+ to subsonic especially when Mikey is at his peak...

Angry never blitzed Mucho
Mucho tried to use a judo throw on Angry and the next thing he knew was that Angry already countered him and kicked him.

Wakasa didn't blitz South in any way
South couldn't evade or do anything about Wakasa's kicks. It was a 2v1 yes, but their strategy was to attack individually.

If the author has in his mind "my characters can no diff bullets" situations where they die from bullets wouldn't exist in first place
Except if the character does it to sacrifice themselves.

Mikey could have dodge something,
That entirely destroys the point of South being relative to Mikey AS wise, because we'd have Mikey's reaction speed at sub+ or something. So he won't be able to dodge south's Hypersonic attack.

So yeah.

So Shion should be stronger than Chifuyu as well? That's not how it works.
She's damn well not a tier below the guy and she's still >>> takemichi who yall previously had at Supersonic so don't sit here and bs me, even if she was Supersonic the bullets need to move 2 to 3m while her and takemichi need only move a total of .25m to .5m total each so totally either .5m or 1m to be out of range for the bullets which still need to travel an entire 1-2m to reach them.

So realistically he wouldn't need saving and herself being >>>takemichi wouldn't neednit either and could move them both

She's damn well not a tier below the guy and she's still >>> takemichi who yall previously had at Supersonic so don't sit here and bs me, even if she was Supersonic the bullets need to move 2 to 3m while her and takemichi need only move a total of .25m to .5m total each totally either .5m or 1m to be out of range for the bullets which still need to travel an entire 1-2m to reach them
Takemichi isn't Supersonic.

So Shion should be stronger than Chifuyu as well? That's not how it works.
I actually agree with Dalesean here. Senju at her Base beat like 100 guys in the final battle and there is no way a low-mid tier beats that much guys by theirself. She probably scales to Draken in speed cuz the narrative made her look like she is at least comparable to Base South.

I actually agree with Dalesean here. Senju at her Base beat like 100 guys in the final battle and there is no way a low-mid tier beats that much guys by theirself. She probably scales to Draken in speed cuz the narrative made her look like she is at least comparable to Base South.
Thank you like this is crazy, Senju is at the very minimum a mid tier normally same as like Chifuyu who would be supersonic+ via this calc yet they both technically died being shot from ranges they can react at

Senju wasn't in her "base form". Senju was passively holding back until the South fight because of Takeomi.

Okay, this appears to have been rejected by the calc group members that have participated, and this is dragging out unsustainably. I will close this for now.

My advice to the supporters of this verse: Less is more. The last comment on page 2 was 2 hours ago. This sort of circular bickering is not going to ever get a thread passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back