• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tokyo Revengers verse upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taiju kick will be 3000 m/s or something, and Senju can react to similar As and still she has problem in dealing with something canonically 450 m/s so....
This seems reasonable. Do you have scans to prove that "Senju" can react to "Taiju" kick, do you also have scana that "Senju" struggled with something moving at 450 m/s ?

I don't see any.
@ImmortalDread here
Draken and Izana in this thread (the staff thread I mean)

Naoto here who should be comparable to Takemichi i.e supersonic+ by what they're syaing lol

Chifuyu the other supersonic+ guy who was also damaged and tied to a chair in the OP who did his supersonic+ same as here couldn't apparently dodge this, yet he yearned to save toman and isn't suicidal, dying would go against what he's been working for.

Again. This is plot induced stupidity, it should not bring the scaling of the verse down to superhuman.
I mean.... They are literally consistent below those level of speed.... is not PIS when the same problem is presented from the first to the last arc of the story
He did become stronger, or else Hanma ~ Izana > Kakucho > Base South > Draken ~ Hanma.
I don't like this scaling chain, Hanma is comparabale to base Mikey in terms of stats there isn't much you can do about it, Izana is slightly superior and Base South beated Kakucho there are many factors sure but I don't get where the Kakucho > base South comes from, also Draken and base South are kinda relative, South slightly stronger but if we talk about speed they are relative.
Mikey kicking Taiju feat is only attack speed, not reaction or perception, so you can't bring "oH bUt GuNs"
Senju has reaction to the highest AS of the verse which is South DI which is comparable to DI Mikey speed, so yeah I can bring that up
This seems reasonable. Do you have scans to prove that "Senju" can react to "Taiju" kick, do you also have scana that "Senju" struggled with something moving at 450 m/s ?
The fact she needed Draken to suicide in order to save her and Takemichi when she could just step out is enough? And when Takemihci had a vision she literally was dead by that gun when the gun was like 3 meters away.
Senju doesn't scale to Mikey.
Senju can react to South DI attacks which are comparable to Mikey DI attacks, she would lose in a fight sure, but in terms of speed her reaction is on pair with his AS
Plot-Induced Stupidity.
Of course when the plot constantly contradicts your calc putting them as outliers it's PIS even if the plot constantly shows they are slower than bullets, PIS is not the excuse to don't rule your calc as outlier

I mean.... They are literally consistent below those level of speed.... is not PIS when the same problem is presented from the first to the last arc of the story

I don't like this scaling chain, Hanma is comparabale to base Mikey in terms of stats there isn't much you can do about it, Izana is slightly superior and Base South beated Kakucho there are many factors sure but I don't get where the Kakucho > base South comes from, also Draken and base South are kinda relative, South slightly stronger but if we talk about speed they are relative.

Senju has reaction to the highest AS of the verse which is South DI which is comparable to DI Mikey speed, so yeah I can bring that up

The fact she needed Draken to suicide in order to save her and Takemichi when she could just step out is enough? And when Takemihci had a vision she literally was dead by that gun

Senju can react to South DI attacks which are comparable to Mikey DI attacks she will lose, but in terms of speed her reaction is on pair with his AS

Of course when the plot constantly contradicts your calc putting them as outliers it's PIS even if the plot constantly shows they are slower than bullets, PIS is not the excuse to don't rule your calc as outlier
I do not know the verse. Scans would be appreciated.

@ImmortalDread here

Naoto here who should be comparable to Takemichi i.e supersonic+ by what they're syaing lol

Chifuyu the other supersonic+ guy who was also damaged and tied to a chair in the OP who did his supersonic+ same as here couldn't apparently dodge this, yet he yearned to save toman and isn't suicidal, dying would go against what he's been working for.

What happened after this scene. The guy with black hair did he die ? He seems to be the main character so I would assume he survives ? If he does survive how ? Did he tank the bullet or did he dodge it.

Okay yall can get into all the interconnected characters scaling in another thread but please DON'T derail this one with scaling, AGAIN what we need right now to even continue to have any discussion about this verse having anything from supersonic to hypersonic casually is the scans we've been asking for that yall said exist. Literally stop all the other useless stuff and just provide the relevant scans about the speed of guns states to not be a problem.

Literally nothing more is needed and all of these arguments are pointless in the face of that. Go out and get the scans Literally just do that one thing. There's literally no reason why the experts of the verse who have had to deal with this before wouldn't have their most important scan on hand or know at least what chapter or WoG interview to find it at, so please just link it
Bumping this
What happened after this scene. The guy with black hair did he die ? He seems to be the main character so I would assume he survives ? If he does survive how ? Did he tank the bullet or did he dodge it.
Nah the main character was the guy who was shoved out the way actually

Dying to bullets doesn't automatically mean slower. They both jumped in front of a person to protect them from bullets, both arguably faster than bullet feats.

Takemichi isn't normally Supersonic+, and Naoto being comparable is a bit iffy but okay.

Except he can't actually move here.

Dying to bullets doesn't automatically mean slower. They both jumped in front of a person to protect them from bullets, both arguably faster than bullet feats.
False it was offscreened and both had ample time to get to where they needed to be as discussed in the staff thread
Takemichi isn't normally Supersonic+, and Naoto being comparable is a bit iffy but okay.
Hell yall still had him supersonic normally but go off it'd still apply
Except he can't actually move here.
He can damn sure swing his torso here at supersonic+ speeds and fully percieve the bullet

The main character time travels in that moment out of sheer desperation he otherwise would have died

False it was offscreened and both had ample time to get to where they needed to be as discussed in the staff thread
I literally came up with the context for the Izana feat that his body moved on its own on another thread when zefra tried to remove it, I gave a clear cut reason why he reacted to the gun being fired, Zefra didn't have any counterarguments and just give his own opinion in the other thread which was automatically agreed by therefir.

We can debate about that here again?

The feats being off-screen means you can't talk with certainty, it's possible they actually moved faster than the bullets.

Hell yall still had him supersonic normally but go off it'd still apply
He normally isn't and is slower than bullets yes.

He can damn sure swing his torso here at supersonic+ speeds and fully percieve the bullet
He can't move here.

Nah w
I literally came up with the context for the Izana feat that his body moved on its own on another thread when zefra tried to remove it, I gave a clear cut reason why he reacted to the gun being fired, Zefra didn't have any counterarguments and just give his own opinion in the other thread which was automatically agreed by therefir.

We can debate about that here again?
Nah what you can instead do is send the scan I've been asking for all this time
Okay yall can get into all the interconnected characters scaling in another thread but please DON'T derail this one with scaling, AGAIN what we need right now to even continue to have any discussion about this verse having anything from supersonic to hypersonic casually is the scans we've been asking for that yall said exist. Literally stop all the other useless stuff and just provide the relevant scans about the speed of guns states to not be a problem.

Literally nothing more is needed and all of these arguments are pointless in the face of that. Go out and get the scans Literally just do that one thing. There's literally no reason why the experts of the verse who have had to deal with this before wouldn't have their most important scan on hand or know at least what chapter or WoG interview to find it at, so please just link it

@Dalesean027 Upon examining both scenarios, my perspective may indeed diverge.

From a personal perspective, considering the circumstances, it would be unwarranted to assert that the characters involved were expected to accomplish the speed feat. Notably, Naoto exhibited a state of shock, leading us to reasonably infer his lack of intent to evade the bullet. Consequently, it is arguable that this instance should not be categorized as an anti-feat, but rather as a situation influenced by prevailing conditions which I stated here previously as exceptions.

Regarding the second segment, wherein the subject targets the subject's lower extremities while they are constricted, this again represents a situation contingent on specific factors that preclude its classification as an anti-feat.

What happened in the scene I'm confused ? How do you know she dies to something moving at 450 m/s ?
Cause that's literally what happens, he can see the future here and sees her die to the guys that come to shoot him but instead kill draken this timr

That makes sense. Why are we assuming she dies to a gun though.
Her dying isn't what matters, its that she still gets shot by guns from a range a supersonic+ would not have any difficulty evading shots from
@Dalesean027 Upon examining both scenarios, my perspective may indeed diverge.

From a personal perspective, considering the circumstances, it would be unwarranted to assert that the characters involved were expected to accomplish the speed feat. Notably, Naoto exhibited a state of shock, leading us to reasonably infer his lack of intent to evade the bullet. Consequently, it is arguable that this instance should not be categorized as an anti-feat, but rather as a situation influenced by prevailing conditions which I stated here previously as exceptions.

Regarding the second segment, wherein the subject targets the subject's lower extremities while they are constricted, this again represents a situation contingent on specific factors that preclude its classification as an anti-feat.
That's somewhat fair however he'd still have much more time to process what's happening if he were a supersonic~supersonic+ character as he saw the gun way before it was even fired so shock isn't a good excuse when he'd have plenty of time to understand the situation and react accordingly from about 1m away from a standard handgun

Her dying isn't what matters, its that she still gets shot by guns from a range a supersonic+ would not have any difficulty evading shots from
That's somewhat fair however he'd still have much more time to process what's happening if he were a supersonic~supersonic+ character as he saw the gun way before it was even fired so shock isn't a good excuse when he'd have plenty of time to understand the situation and react accordingly from about 1m away from a standard handgun
No. Why are we assuming she gets shot.

Agree

A calc that makes you extremely faster than a guy where is shown relativity instead is an outlier

And you're blatantly ignoring the next panels where Mikey straight up ***** him up, and South not knowing what happened to him.

And this is not South reacting to Mikey as being able to "dodge" Mikey and that's not even his signature kick lol

The kick the delivers to Taiju explicitly blitzes the verse and there's no notable feat that surpasses the kick

Senju can react to South DI attacks which are comparable to Mikey DI attacks, she would lose in a fight sure, but in terms of speed her reaction is on pair with his AS
Kakucho didn't fight against Base South, in fact on the site we use an image South's appearance against Kakucho for how he looks like with his urges, plus Kakucho was weakened which you already know, I'm talking about Tenjiku Kakucho. Draken only hit South once, and South even blocked it while being off guard, they aren't very comparable. South's strength depends on how strong his urges are, it's not always the same level.

Senju had to die according to Takemichi's Foresight for the plot to advance.

And you're blatantly ignoring the next panels where Mikey straight up ***** him up, and South not knowing what happened to him.

And this is not South reacting to Mikey as being able to "dodge" Mikey and that's not even his signature kick lol

The kick the delivers to Taiju explicitly blitzes the verse and there's no notable feat that surpasses the kick

"Our strength is on par". I disagree with you here.

How do we know.
Because his future vision is payed off almost immediately after this and the guys with guns appear in the same area the vision happens at and she runs in front to try and protect him. Difference is now he knows so he protects her instead the second time but its like not even up for debate if she was shot or not that's literally just what happened

I think it's a good argument since you are not mentally aware of the situation. In fact, according to studies, psychological shocks can disrupt an individual's ability to concentrate and think clearly. They might find it difficult to focus on tasks, make decisions, or process information effectively. This can be a result of heightened emotional responses overwhelming cognitive processes.

It has a great impact on decision-making that can influence the outcome of the situation significantly. Some individuals can avoid making decisions all altogether due to fear or uncertainty.

In this scenario, it is not feasible to categorize the situation as an “anti-feat"; rather, it can aptly be designated as an exceptional case.
The following conditions substantiate this characterization:
  1. Is the context a one-on-one configuration? | Affirmative
  2. Are there discernible elements that bestow disadvantages upon a singular party? | Affirmative
  3. Do these inherent disadvantages markedly and substantially influence the resultant outcome? | Affirmative
  4. In the hypothetical scenario of eliminating these specific circumstances, would the resultant outcome exhibit disparity? | Affirmative
It is quite likewise for instance, under alcohol influence.

Where in the world did I said South can react to Mikey's kick? I just said their AS is similar and Senju can react to this AS
I mean... the speed can't varies this much especillay when DI amps you at least a x2
Kakucho didn't fight against Base South, in fact on the site we use an image South's appearance against Kakucho for how he looks like with his urges, plus Kakucho was weakened which you already know, I'm talking about Tenjiku Kakucho. Draken only hit South once, and South even blocked it while being off guard, they aren't very comparable. South's strength depends on how strong his urges are, it's not always the same level.
still the gap in speed isn't massive, that's what I mean, South isn't exponentially faster than him and Kakucho isn't exponentially faster than South, more less the speed is around the same level
Senju had to die according to Takemichi's Foresight for the plot to advance.
I seriously start to think that in your mind calc>narrative

Anyway this thread became a mess again gg

He is beaten up and had accepted death.
Here itnis is the ole suicide excuse for a character exuding hope and working to restore a better toman who wants his friend to live, man I'm sure if he were a bullet timer he'd not have to sit there and could just move out of the way without having to sit there and accept death

I think it's a good argument since you are not mentally aware of the situation. In fact, according to studies, psychological shocks can disrupt an individual's ability to concentrate and think clearly. They might find it difficult to focus on tasks, make decisions, or process information effectively. This can be a result of heightened emotional responses overwhelming cognitive processes.

It has a great impact on decision-making that can influence the outcome of the situation significantly. Some individuals can avoid making decisions all altogether due to fear or uncertainty.

In this scenario, it is not feasible to categorize the situation as an “anti-feat"; rather, it can aptly be designated as an exceptional case.
The following conditions substantiate this characterization:
  1. Is the context a one-on-one configuration? | Affirmative
  2. Are there discernible elements that bestow disadvantages upon a singular party? | Affirmative
  3. Do these inherent disadvantages markedly and substantially influence the resultant outcome? | Affirmative
  4. In the hypothetical scenario of eliminating these specific circumstances, would the resultant outcome exhibit disparity? | Affirmative
It is quite likewise for instance, under alcohol influence.
Sure then I can respect that for the Naoto one

Because his future vision is payed off almost immediately after this and the guys with guns appear in the same area the vision happens at and she runs in front to try and protect him. Difference is now he knows so he protects her instead the second time but its like not even up for debate if she was shot or not that's literally just what happened
The goons were after Takemichi and Senju got shot trying to protect him. She didn't get outsped by the gun at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back