• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tokyo Revengers verse upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again burden of proof falls to you my guy, literally just send the scan be it WoG or straight from the manga any generic "I'm too fast for Guns to work against me" or a "I can percieve bullets in motion so its no use" like literally just provide the scan
You in fact actually do if the verse otherwise has no feats on that level or if the character isn't the sole god tier or exception for some reason which you would actually in fact still need to show
So I just need 2 calculations that are faster than bullets that validate each other?

So I just need 2 calculations that are faster than bullets that validate each other?
Nope that's not at all what I said what you need is a statement be it wog or from the manga that guns aren't a problem via speed

And the point is that even when the wielder is so slow that they can be blitzed characters are still afraid.
If they are afraid first they can be cut with a normal weapon and second they think there is a possibility of the weapon hitting them which means the speed of the opponent with a weapon is a legit risk for them with their reactions. Like you always say a massive difference but the dude's are barely superhuman with Mikey in his best barely reaching Mach 1+ and even that is good.

Either the mangaka stating that they are faster than bullets, a panel of them moving out of the way of a bullets without aimdodging or characters stating they are above bullets or people with guns saying this wouldn't help for shit.

Since speed isn't a problem I don't see why they can't just simply dodge the bullets, assuming they are 1300 m/s they should be able to dodge a bullet when it's 0,5 m from their face and still have problems when they bullets are shot from several meters when all it's needed to dodge them is a low end supersonic reaction.
I never mentioned this but I guess I will at this point, in Tenjiku arc when Tenjiku lost and they could reach Kisaki Hanma saved him escaping with a motorbike and Draken in order to follow him used a motorbike, if the verse has a supersonic+ MS as shown by the calc I really don't understand why Draken or Mikey just didn't teleported in front of the motorbike since they should be able to se it as frozen in time + Mikey every time he has to go where his gang is to fight (Moebius and black dragon arc) he just doesn't run there since he only needs some seconds and he will just save the situation, still he waits for them to fight, Ik what PIS is and well motorbikes and guns are consistent within the verse from the start to the end of the plot, a PIS is when a single moment in the narrative contradicts the rest... but when the narrative, from the first to the last arc, is consistent and the only things which is contradicted are your calcs then the calcs are an outlier, I hope you don't think calcs (which are basically fanmade) are superior to the whole narrative.
If the verse was legitimately supersonic or higher I don't see why the author never showed sonic booms or just didn't make them dodge a bullet or run a km is some seconds.
In less words the characters can't outrun motorbikes (probably only Angry and Izana can) and can't dodge bullets so their MS and reaction are limited and the AS of the verse is nowhere higher than the reaction of the verse since people can react to the fastest attacks of the verse and still have problems with guns, it is just that, tomorrow you can bring a 20000000000000000000 m/s calc it will just contradicts the consistence of the plot and there is nothing you can do about it.
If calcs are gonna come up I'll probably make a thread in order to set an outlier for the speed of the verse since their limits in speed are clearly shown and I bet you will just try to prove with your interpretation or with calcs what is blatantly shown in the manga, the characters are slow, they display an inhuman strength and not an inhuman speed.
The only way I see to have a supersonic+ speed is to downgrade the intelligence of the verse, your choice.
At best you can downgrade their travel speeds with this, doesn't have much to do with combat and reaction speed.

Since speed isn't a problem I don't see why they can't just simply dodge the bullets, assuming they are 1300 m/s they should be able to dodge a bullet when it's 0,5 m from their face and still have problems when they bullets are shot from several meters when all it's needed to dodge them is a low end supersonic reaction.
I never mentioned this but I guess I will at this point, in Tenjiku arc when Tenjiku lost and they could reach Kisaki Hanma saved him escaping with a motorbike and Draken in order to follow him used a motorbike, if the verse has a supersonic+ MS as shown by the calc I really don't understand why Draken or Mikey just didn't teleported in front of the motorbike since they should be able to se it as frozen in time + Mikey every time he has to go where his gang is to fight (Moebius and black dragon arc) he just doesn't run there since he only needs some seconds and he will just save the situation, still he waits for them to fight, Ik what PIS is and well motorbikes and guns are consistent within the verse from the start to the end of the plot, a PIS is when a single moment in the narrative contradicts the rest... but when the narrative, from the first to the last arc, is consistent and the only things which is contradicted are your calcs then the calcs are an outlier, I hope you don't think calcs (which are basically fanmade) are superior to the whole narrative.
If the verse was legitimately supersonic or higher I don't see why the author never showed sonic booms or just didn't make them dodge a bullet or run a km is some seconds.
In less words the characters can't outrun motorbikes (probably only Angry and Izana can) and can't dodge bullets so their MS and reaction are limited and the AS of the verse is nowhere higher than the reaction of the verse since people can react to the fastest attacks of the verse and still have problems with guns, it is just that, tomorrow you can bring a 20000000000000000000 m/s calc it will just contradicts the consistence of the plot and there is nothing you can do about it.
If calcs are gonna come up I'll probably make a thread in order to set an outlier for the speed of the verse since their limits in speed are clearly shown and I bet you will just try to prove with your interpretation or with calcs what is blatantly shown in the manga, the characters are slow, they display an inhuman strength and not an inhuman speed.
The only way I see to have a supersonic+ speed is to downgrade the intelligence of the verse, your choice.
I disagree with you on this. In many verses characters use cars ect even though they can move at speeds much faster then cars. Sonic booms aren't showed in all speed feats, actually I wouldn't be suprised if you've calculated speed feats that are faster then sound but don't show sonic booms.

A few goons (one of them carrying a gun) ran away when they saw Draken when they could just shot him through you guys opinions. Anyone who scale to or above Draken in speed (so mid and high tiers) should be above gun speed.
Also bring the scans for that.

Thats sounds great and all but the scan im referring to is the one about bullets speed not being a problem I don't want one about a varying knife swing, so please send the gun scan
The point I made is that weapons with instant lethality are exaggerated in Tokyo revengers. Like a character being overwhelmed by something alot slower just because of the damage they cause.

I'm not even gonna read all this just send the scan since you're so well read in the verse as you say because I clearly haven't ready any of it🤓
I comprehend the frustration and pressure you're currently undergoing within this conversation. I concur with your viewpoints throughout the discussion. However, there's no justification for employing this sort of message. Even if the other party is behaving similarly, there's no necessity to mirror their actions. By doing so, you're essentially demonstrating a resemblance to them.

I disagree with you on this. In many verses characters use cars ect even though they can move at speeds much faster then cars. Sonic booms aren't showed in all speed feats, actually I wouldn't be suprised if you've calculated speed feats that are faster then sound but don't show sonic booms.
Artistic license is fine. It's the problem when such speed is only in calcs without ever been implied by anything in verse because calcs don't actually exists.

If they are afraid first they can be cut with a normal weapon and second they think there is a possibility of the weapon hitting them which means the speed of the opponent with a weapon is a legit risk for them with their reactions. Like you always say a massive difference but the dude's are barely superhuman with Mikey in his best barely reaching Mach 1+ and even that is good.
Sanzu's speed being a risk for Kakucho?

No offense, but this is legit the funniest thing I've read once I joined the wiki.

I am now on the tokyo revengers supporters side. What they have said with the weapons and swords makes sense in my eyes. If they are telling the truth that is.

I mean, are you sure you even read what I wrote?
Also brinign up other verses by showing them anti feats doesn't make TR anti feats valid, an error doesn't make another error correct.
No one can react to Mikey's kick except at best 3 people.
and lemme think.... are those people the same with problems with bullets? Yes, Draken scales to Hanma who can block Mikey's kick and still have problems with bullets, Izana and kakucho same, Senju can dodge attacks from DI South and still has problems in dealing with a gun from several meters, yes god tiers have problems with guns

Its no point that feat was addressed already in the staff only thread I fear its been debunked for a while
Thanks for the info Dale couldn't remember that. So there is nothing? In a verse full of supposedly super and hypersonic speeds there is nothing?

Also Dale do correct me but isn't the biggest speed feat in the staff discussion Mikey beating some randoms and that's barely supersonic?

and lemme think.... are those people the same with problems with bullets? Yes, Draken scales to Hanma who can block Mikey's kick and still have problems with bullets, Izana and kakucho same, Senju can dodge attacks from DI South and still has problems in dealing with a gun from several meters, yes god tiers have problems with guns
Draken and Hanma don't scale to Mikey at all, only early series Mikey. The people I'm referring to are Izana, South and potentially Kakucho. I don't think any of them ever had any problems.

Also brinign up other verses by showing them anti feats doesn't make TR anti feats valid, an error doesn't make another error correct.

Why is it that my reading capabilities are always denied in threads like these.

Anti feats are a part of fiction. I do not think you can deny one verse but let other verses slide through. For example: Trains being used in Boruto and guns in demonslayer.

any calc in TR with that time frame will be an enormous outlier, don't expect Taiju kick and Angry to have a calc published with that time frame
I do not know who those people are but I assume that they have completed feats related to human perception. Do not deny feats for being outliers when you have not calculated them.

Okay yall can get into all the interconnected characters scaling in another thread but please DON'T derail this one with scaling, AGAIN what we need right now to even continue to have any discussion about this verse having anything from supersonic to hypersonic casually is the scans we've been asking for that yall said exist. Literally stop all the other useless stuff and just provide the relevant scans about the speed of guns states to not be a problem.

Literally nothing more is needed and all of these arguments are pointless in the face of that. Go out and get the scans Literally just do that one thing. There's literally no reason why the experts of the verse who have had to deal with this before wouldn't have their most important scan on hand or know at least what chapter or WoG interview to find it at, so please just link it

In my perspective, if the current feat showcases a speed that is four times faster than the typical speed of a regular gun, and there's a scene where a character fails to react to a bullet (assuming no complicating factors or contextual issues), I find it difficult to arrive at a straightforward and logical conclusion that we should discard the bullet's lack of reaction as a counterexample in favor of embracing an inconsistently higher speed.

It's plausible that this occurrence could be attributed to a supernatural force rather than a genuine display of speed. Are there any other instances of speed feats that approach this level? Our focus should revolve around maintaining consistency in the depiction of speed across the narrative, rather than selectively embracing individual instances.

These are my personal thoughts on the matter. Unless there exists a definitive statement or additional feats demonstrating their capacity to react to gun bullets or extenuating circumstances that could impede their performance at this speed, I'm hesitant to categorize the current speed as credible.

Edit: It has been clarified that there are no scenes of them reacting to gun bullets.

I will be waiting to see this then. Hope it doesn't end up like previously.
Yeah and it's only an attack speed feat, it's likely gonna be Hypersonic - low end Hypersonic+.
No matter how much people whine about "guns being threat", it doesn't apply since it's only attack speed, not reaction or perception.

Also Dale do correct me but isn't the biggest speed feat in the staff discussion Mikey beating some randoms and that's barely supersonic?
Off topic but it just assumed a random position with nothing even reinforcing it so it was actually just blatantly wrong

Draken and Hanma don't scale to Mikey at all, only early series Mikey. The people I'm referring to are Izana, South and potentially Kakucho. I don't think any of them ever had any problems.
Mikey ddn't become stronger between those arcs, the only instances where he is faster is when he has his DI up, also everyone else you mentioned had problems with bullets so I don't really know what you are talking about.
Why is it that my reading capabilities are always denied in threads like these.

Anti feats are a part of fiction. I do not think you can deny one verse but let other verses slide through. For example: Trains being used in Boruto and guns in demonslayer.
I mean I shouldn't have said that sorry but you missed my point, it wasnt' just "the use of motorbike" but "the use of motorbike when you have to reach yoour friends as soon as possible because they are in danger" is completely different and again bringin up other verses by showing other anti feats doesn't help when in Tr they are consistently below bullets and motorbikes.

I do not know who those people are but I assume that they have completed feats related to human perception. Do not deny feats for being outliers when you have not calculated them.
Taiju kick will be 3000 m/s or something, and Senju can react to similar As and still she has problem in dealing with something canonically 450 m/s so....

Mikey ddn't become stronger between those arcs, the only instances where he is faster is when he has his DI up, also everyone else you mentioned had problems with bullets so I don't really know what you are talking about.

I mean I shouldn't have said that sorry but you missed my point, it wasnt' just "the use of motorbike" but "the use of motorbike when you have to reach yoour friends as soon as possible because they are in danger" is completely different and again bringin up other verses by showing other anti feats doesn't help when in Tr they are consistently below bullets and motorbikes.
Again. This is plot induced stupidity, it should not bring the scaling of the verse down to superhuman.

Taiju kick will be 3000 m/s or something, and Senju can react to similar As and still she has problem in dealing with something canonically 450 m/s so....

Mikey kicking Taiju feat is only attack speed, not reaction or perception, so you can't bring "oH bUt GuNs"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back