• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tokyo Revengers: Fixing the scaling chain

So the scaling chain of the verse is a mess and it's circular to the point anyone scales to Top Tiers feats so I'll try to propose a new one.

I'll start from the top tiers and I'll go all the way to the low tiers:
With this we are done with the top tiers of the verse, now going by the mid tiers which will be people who scales to Toman captains who showed to be all more less around the same level and the people who constantly fight with them should also scale here who basically are captains from other gangs and similar characters, this section on the profiles is fine so I won't touch it, I'll just point out 2 characters who should upscale from captains:
  • Crying Blue Ogre Angry (Crying Blue Ogre is a boosted state) was able to no diff mid tiers, therefore he should upscale from them tho his Base version should keep his current rating as he has no feat and he is presented as weaker than normal captains.
  • Taiju (only by using the 70% of his power) is able to having the upper hand against Mitsuya who is a Toman captain, therefore he should upscale from mid tiers.
Even for the low tiers the situation is fine, here we have characters like Takemichi without resolution, Kisaki, Kyomasa, Shion, Akkun and Sinichiro.

So what's the issue with the current scaling chain?

Inui and Koko (2 mid tiers) scale to Wakasa and Benkei (who are comparable to Base South and Base Mikey), this relativity gives to the mid tiers the scaling for the Top tiers feats, the actual justification is that they could put up a good fight against the legendary duo, yes Wakasa stated they did well but is wrong and I'm gonna explain why:

First we have Inui and Wakasa in 1v1 when we can see an enormous difference in damage, also Benkei said the Wakasa was "soft" which basically means he wasn't going all out, here is implied Wakasa and Benkei were regretting joining the Kanto Manji Gang because they still had the Black Dragon first gen spirit which is completely different from the Kanto Manji Gang as the Kanto Manji Gang mains to be a criminal gang/organization so they probably weren't totally fine in fighting someone who shares the Black Dragon first gen spirit, another reason Wakasa and Benkei weren't going all out is because when they fight they always coordinate their attacks this way: wakasa goes first attcking the opponent without dealing much damage but using his acrobatics skills he is able to stun him while Benkei just go bulldozing the opponent after Wakasa did his job but here they didn't fight their usual way since they just attacking randomly, another factor is the amount of damage which is clearly different, so a soft Wakasa with a probably soft Benkei (even if he said he wasn't soft he didn't really show that) who didn't really want to fight while fighting not using their usual fighting style are still incredibly superior than Inui e Koko, just to add reasons when Wakasa and Benkei faced Taiju they instead used their normal way of fighting and Taiju is stronger than Inui and Koko and Taiju didn't share the first gen spirit so we have a clear difference in a full power Wakasa and Benkei and the ones Inui and Koko fought, last thing if Inui and Koko were truly comprable to Wakasa and Benkei they should be able to handle Base South but Inui clearly couldn't since when they introduced South we see a post fight Inui vs Base South where South was toying with him, therefore is better to keep Inui and Koko just Captains level, and no Taiju doesn't scale to Wakasa and Benkei as he only won due to them being completely tired post "fighting" Inui and Koko and after attacking Taiju for a while and Taiju isn't able to handle them.
Even f you want to try to scale Inui and Koko to Wakasa and Benkei it would result in a massive outlier since after that almost anyone would scale to the top tiers feats which doesn't make sense especially when Inui is no diffed by one of them and Taiju is no diffed by Base Mikey.

Another thing I should add is that Takemichi is only able to keep up with a non 100% DI Mikey thx his future visions which allow him to dodge Mikey's attacks and was able to land an hit on him just because he could find the right moment when Mikey couldn't dodge it because he was finishing his kick but normally it would be impossible for him also because that Mikey was no diffing him and a 100% DI Mikey killed him in some attacks so he should scale in speed to Dark impulses Mikey but only by using his Future Sights as it's already listed, in any other way he shouldn't scale to him.

Summary:

Strongest:
  • Dark Impulses Mikey upscales from everyone and scales to his own feat.
  • Dark Impulses South and Senju downscale from Dark Impulses Mikey feat, scale by their own feats and upscale from everyone else feats.
Top Tiers:
  • Base Mikey, Base South, Izana, Wakasa and Benkei scale by their own feats and upscale from below feats.
  • Draken, Hanma, Kakucho, Sanzu with a katana and Takemichi with resolution downscale from above feats, scale by their own feats and upscale from below feats
High Mid Tiers:
  • Taiju and crying Blue Ogre Angry upscale from below feats and they individually scale from their own feat.
Mid Tiers and Low Tiers is the same as the profiles where Mid Tiers scale from their own feats and upscale from Low Tiers feats and Low Tiers simply scaling from their own feats.

Hope is understandable 🙏

Agree:
Disagree:

Last edited:
So the scaling chain of the verse is a mess and it's circular to the point anyone scales to Mikey's feats so I'll try to propose a new one.

I'll start from the top tiers and I'll go all the way to the low tiers:
Agree with all of this. Foresight Takemichi Takemichi should he here though.
  • Base Mikey is the strongest character excluding the guys above, which are the boosted versions of Mikey and South + Senju, tho the difference between Dark Impulses and Base is massive so Base Mikey doesn't scale in any way to his Dark Impulses version and same for South.
The reason why I have Base Mikey above every character is because he narratively can't lose fights inverse. Draken says he even feels sorry for him because he doesnt know what losing feels like. The only times Mikey has lost in his verse is when he takes his own life.

But I dont mind this being the scaling chain. Mikey, South and Senju have statements of being even in base since nobody knows what dark impulses are besides people close to them.
Agree with Draken and Hanma being comparable.

I agree with Hanma since you acknowledged this point in the ability thread with pressure points. I think Mikey only one shot him in base because he kicked his pressure point after boosting his speed with statistics amp. Takemichi noted that Mikey was calm when he should be pissed even after Kisaki was provoking him so he wasnt in DI when he boosted, I dont think he changed until he fought Kazutora. But im still iffy on them downscaling because Draken had help from the Toman captains and got no diffed by Mikey. Its like its a gap between them but they can still damage him. I agree for now
Agree here
I say he should downscale from Mikey due to these reason I said in the other thread:

1.) We need more clear evidenc izana is = to mikey since its shown mikey isn't 100% physically or mentally which was all planned by Izana he was fighting draken before hand and his sister dying in his arms. With multiple statements about how he shouldnt be able to even stand. Izana also prepped for Mikeybefore hand and was knocked out with a single kick, while Izana hit him a number of times and mikey never went unconscious. Mikey also was in base, when Draken said "Mikey was going all out" he is referring to that particular moment, keep in mind Izana has no damage at the beginning of the fight and mikey is already bruised up from when Mikey was hit repeatedly by Draken before the fight. Draken has never heard of Mikey's Dark Impulse either to see Mikey go all out to say he is equal. Remember Takemichi told Mikey to release his full dark impulse, which is the first time he released everything. Mikey wasn't fighting Izana for the sake of proving he stronger, he wanted to get along with him since he was his last sibling, while Izana wanted to hurt Mikey and still lost the fight, which he admitted. Izana is/was physically inferior which is why his limbs got tired even though he hit Mikey far more and Mikey wasnt at his best still able to do so.

I agree with Izana and Kakucho being comparable. This was heavily implied by Izana in the manga, thats another reason I dont think Izana compares to but rather from Mikey
  • Takemichi with resolution (resolution is him believing in himself which makes him "stronger") is able to fight against Kakucho, therefore he should scale to Kakucho.
Agree here as Takemichi with Resolution also shown relativity to 70% Taiju.
Agree here.
With this we are done with the top tiers of the verse, now going by the mid tiers which will be people who scales to Toman captains who showed to be all more less around the same level and the people who constantly fight with them should also scale here who basically are captains from other gangs and similar characters, this section on the profiles is fine so I won't touch it, I'll just point out 2 characters who should upscale from captains:
  • Crying Blue Ogre Angry (Crying Blue Ogre is a boosted state) was able to no diff mid tiers, therefore he should upscale from them tho his Base version should keep his current rating as he has no feat and he is presented as weaker than normal captains.
  • Taiju (only by using the 70% of his power) is able to having the upper hand against Mitsuya who is a Toman captain, therefore he should upscale from mid tiers.
Disagree. Taiju is the only character in Tokyo Revengers shown to be able to one shot Mikey. Izana couldnt, Kakucho couldnt, Pissed off Draken mad about Emma couldnt, Hanma couldnt, and Foresight Takemichi couldnt either . 100% Taiju should be > Izana, Kakucho, Draken and Foresight Takemichi. Atleast AP/Dura wise.
Even for the low tiers the situation is fine, here we have characters like Takemichi without resolution, Kisaki, Kyomasa, Shion, Akkun and Sinichiro.

So what's the issue with the current scaling chain?
Kiyomasa is the only person who doesnt belong here. Remember before Mikey ended him he was a ranking Toman member who worked for Pah-Chin & Peh Yan running their fight club that Takemichi was a fighter in. I would put him low mid tier since he no diff every low tier besides kisaki
Inui and Koko (2 mid tiers) scale to Wakasa and Benkei (who are comparable to Base South and Base Mikey), this relativity gives to the mid tiers the scaling for the Top tiers feats, the actual justification is that they could put up a good fight against the legendary duo, yes Wakasa stated they did well but is wrong and I'm gonna explain why:

First we have Inui and Wakasa in 1v1 when we can see an enormous difference in damage, also Benkei said the Wakasa was "soft" which basically means he wasn't going all out, here is implied Wakasa and Benkei were regretting joining the Kanto Manji Gang because they still had the Black Dragon first gen spirit which is completely different from the Kanto Manji Gang as the Kanto Manji Gang mains to be a criminal gang/organization so they probably weren't totally fine in fighting someone who shares the Black Dragon first gen spirit, another reason Wakasa and Benkei weren't going all out is because when they fight they always coordinate their attacks this way: wakasa goes first attcking the opponent without dealing much damage but using his acrobatics skills he is able to stun him while Benkei just go bulldozing the opponent after Wakasa did his job but here they didn't fight their usual way since they just attacking randomly, another factor is the amount of damage which is clearly different, so a soft Wakasa with a probably soft Benkei (even if he said he wasn't soft he didn't really show that) who didn't really want to fight while fighting not using their usual fighting style are still incredibly superior than Inui e Koko,
Koko and Inupi are in no way comparable to high tiers when they both were no diffed + kidnapped and interrogated by a mid tier (Mucho). Koko and Inupi aren't narratively considered strong fighters. Inupi has been temporarily knocked out by Yuzuha. Inui was also no diffed by Taiju Shib which would so apply to Koko. They were his underlings. So I would have thought this would be common knowledge.
just to add reasons when Wakasa and Benkei faced Taiju they instead used their normal way of fighting and Taiju is stronger than Inui and Koko and Taiju didn't share the first gen spirit so we have a clear difference in a full power Wakasa and Benkei and the ones Inui and Koko fought,
"First gen spirit" is not an ability. Its just a nickname for willpower. Taiju beat Koko, Inupi, and Wakasa and Benkei. Koko was shocked Taiju was being pushed back and asked if Inupi was watching meaning they expected him to easily win. Senju mentioned they were about to use "downhill rush" which she only seen then use in the dojo which narratively sounds like a Trump card move meaning Taiju pushed them farther than Koko and Inupi did.

Taiju is like top 5 in the verse with his feats easily.
last thing if Inui and Koko were truly comprable to Wakasa and Benkei they should be able to handle Base South but Inui clearly couldn't since when they introduced South we see a post fight Inui vs Base South where South was toying with him, therefore is better to keep Inui and Koko just Captains level, and no Taiju doesn't scale to Wakasa and Benkei as he only won due to them being completely tired post "fighting" Inui and Koko and after attacking Taiju for a while and Taiju isn't able to handle them.
Saying Taiju isn't superior to characters he literally beats in a 2 vs 1 fight just because they tired is logically backwards man. They have the numbers advantage who cares if they are tired when they started the fight and tried to stop him. Cant start the fight then ask for sympathy for being tired.

Mikey was not in good shape mentally or physically when he fought Izana and you said Izana was basically superior. Thats makes no sense at all.
Even f you want to try to scale Inui and Koko to Wakasa and Benkei it would result in a massive outlier since after that almost anyone would scale to the top tiers feats which doesn't make sense especially when Inui is no diffed by one of them and Taiju is no diffed by Base Mikey.
Kakucho was one shot by Mikey, Draken was no diffed with help from captains, Hanma was one shot by Mikey. Taiju having the same thing done should not effect his rankings when he has better feats than everyone I named.

DI Mikey > Base Mikey > DI South > Foresight Takemichi > Base South > True Potential Senju > Izana => Senju > Taiju > Sanzu with Katana(killed Kakucho)> Wakasa = Kakucho = Benkei = Draken => Hanma > Angry Kawata > Mucho > Osanai > Pah Chin(dura) > Baji => Kazutora > Inui > Koko > Chifuyu > Mochi > Smiley > Base Takemichi > Peh/Yan > Mitsuya > Hakkai > Ran Haitani = Rindou Hatani > Ryusei = Chifuyu = Kojiro = Kojima

This is my scaling chain.

Imagine saying this to Zefra who got the verse from supersonic+ to supersonic. 💀
Lol, the debunks he had were horrible and he commited multiple fallacies in the process of doing this, if you read the threads that I read lol, I literally read through 2000 replies and all I saw were falacies, although I do not want to insult anyone in anyway shape or form so lets leave this here and not continue it

Agree with all of this. Foresight Takemichi Takemichi should he here though.
I explained below why not, Future sight don't amp him but only allow him to outhax Mikey for some time.
The reason why I have Base Mikey above every character is because he narratively can't lose fights inverse. Draken says he even feels sorry for him because he doesnt know what losing feels like. The only times Mikey has lost in his verse is when he takes his own life.
That's just Draken saying Mikey never lost, is not the author saying "oh well base Mikey can one shot anyone", there is a biiiiiiigggggg difference, even because he said that Mikey never lost and not he can't lose, also you should prove the validity of the statement to the point you are proposing it.
I agree with Hanma since you acknowledged this point in the ability thread with pressure points. I think Mikey only one shot him in base because he kicked his pressure point after boosting his speed with statistics amp. Takemichi noted that Mikey was calm when he should be pissed even after Kisaki was provoking him so he wasnt in DI when he boosted, I dont think he changed until he fought Kazutora. But im still iffy on them downscaling because Draken had help from the Toman captains and got no diffed by Mikey. Its like its a gap between them but they can still damage him. I agree for now
He one shot him only because he was in DI, we literally see him going DI right before it.
I say he should downscale from Mikey due to these reason I said in the other thread:

1.) We need more clear evidenc izana is = to mikey since its shown mikey isn't 100% physically or mentally which was all planned by Izana he was fighting draken before hand and his sister dying in his arms. With multiple statements about how he shouldnt be able to even stand. Izana also prepped for Mikeybefore hand and was knocked out with a single kick, while Izana hit him a number of times and mikey never went unconscious. Mikey also was in base, when Draken said "Mikey was going all out" he is referring to that particular moment, keep in mind Izana has no damage at the beginning of the fight and mikey is already bruised up from when Mikey was hit repeatedly by Draken before the fight. Draken has never heard of Mikey's Dark Impulse either to see Mikey go all out to say he is equal. Remember Takemichi told Mikey to release his full dark impulse, which is the first time he released everything. Mikey wasn't fighting Izana for the sake of proving he stronger, he wanted to get along with him since he was his last sibling, while Izana wanted to hurt Mikey and still lost the fight, which he admitted. Izana is/was physically inferior which is why his limbs got tired even though he hit Mikey far more and Mikey wasnt at his best still able to do so.
It doesn't matter if Draken never heard of DI since Mikey was in base here and anyway izana can tank attacks from Mikey and can damage him, Mikey can't nerf his durability even if he wants + I really see it as a mirror match as they fight in the same way so I think narratively makes more sense to put them at the same level.
I agree with Izana and Kakucho being comparable. This was heavily implied by Izana in the manga, thats another reason I dont think Izana compares to but rather from Mikey
Downscaling is better but yes.
Agree here as Takemichi with Resolution also shown relativity to 70% Taiju.
yeah tho Kakucho is higher than even 100%, we don't know if when take fought Taiju his resolution was at the 100% especially when the moment before fightin Kakucho it really looks like he unleashed it completely but is more interpretative.
Disagree. Taiju is the only character in Tokyo Revengers shown to be able to one shot Mikey. Izana couldnt, Kakucho couldnt, Pissed off Draken mad about Emma couldnt, Hanma couldnt, and Foresight Takemichi couldnt either . 100% Taiju should be > Izana, Kakucho, Draken and Foresight Takemichi. Atleast AP/Dura wise.
Yeah the point is that durability isn't really considered a thing in TR (and I think is something that happens in many other verse) to KO someone it's enough to "hit him hard enough" what I mean, taiju literally made a powerful punch against Mikey so it makes sense Mikey got KO and now that I think about it he completely smahed his head on the ground which would cause some damage to the brain as you would feel the vibrations (not sure if it's the correct word) but is like hitting in the chin, returing at the durability part even kazutora is able to KO Mikey even if for a brief moment tho we don't scale kazutora on Mikey level, and I viidly remember Hina damaging takemichi, the damage was low, but still.
Kiyomasa is the only person who doesnt belong here. Remember before Mikey ended him he was a ranking Toman member who worked for Pah-Chin & Peh Yan running their fight club that Takemichi was a fighter in. I would put him low mid tier since he no diff every low tier besides kisaki
Doesn't mean much, it only means he is above the goons, he doesn't have feat, I guess upscaling from low tier at best is fine?
Koko and Inupi are in no way comparable to high tiers when they both were no diffed + kidnapped and interrogated by a mid tier (Mucho). Koko and Inupi aren't narratively considered strong fighters. Inupi has been temporarily knocked out by Yuzuha. Inui was also no diffed by Taiju Shib which would so apply to Koko. They were his underlings. So I would have thought this would be common knowledge.
tho the profiles says otherwise, better change them.
"First gen spirit" is not an ability. Its just a nickname for willpower. Taiju beat Koko, Inupi, and Wakasa and Benkei. Koko was shocked Taiju was being pushed back and asked if Inupi was watching meaning they expected him to easily win. Senju mentioned they were about to use "downhill rush" which she only seen then use in the dojo which narratively sounds like a Trump card move meaning Taiju pushed them farther than Koko and Inupi did.
yeah Taiju > inui and koko
Taiju is like top 5 in the verse with his feats easily.
I don't see it that way, my apologizes.
Saying Taiju isn't superior to characters he literally beats in a 2 vs 1 fight just because they tired is logically backwards man. They have the numbers advantage who cares if they are tired when they started the fight and tried to stop him. Cant start the fight then ask for sympathy for being tired.
because when you are tired you can't use your full power? Also it would put him on pair with Base Mikey and still Base Mikey one shotted him in the worst way possible, so if anything it's an outlier.
Mikey was not in good shape mentally or physically when he fought Izana and you said Izana was basically superior. Thats makes no sense at all.
I'm saying they are on pair overall in terms of stats, you can say izana is faster, you can say Mikey has better durab and stamina, sure, they are more less there tho.
Kakucho was one shot by Mikey, Draken was no diffed with help from captains, Hanma was one shot by Mikey. Taiju having the same thing done should not effect his rankings when he has better feats than everyone I named.
Taiju got oneshotted by Base Mikey, anyone else by Dark Impulses Mikey, there's a huge difference.

DI Mikey > Base Mikey > DI South > Foresight Takemichi > Base South > True Potential Senju > Izana => Senju > Taiju > Sanzu with Katana(killed Kakucho)> Wakasa = Kakucho = Benkei = Draken => Hanma > Angry Kawata > Mucho > Osanai > Pah Chin(dura) > Baji => Kazutora > Inui > Koko > Chifuyu > Mochi > Smiley > Base Takemichi > Peh/Yan > Mitsuya > Hakkai > Ran Haitani = Rindou Hatani > Ryusei = Chifuyu = Kojiro = Kojima

I agree to a certain extent

Draken above Benkei, Izana above Senju, Base Takemichi should be way lower

Anyway I think for the staff it's useful to know if use supporters are in agreement with the scaling chain in the OP, so if you agree with it say it so I can count it, thank you.

This way is quite confusing to understand, can you rewrite this in the same way I did in the summary in the OP, what we need to figure out is not each single 1v1 of the verse but who scales from which feat, thank you.

High tiers: DI Mikey > DI South > Foresight Takemichi > Base South > Izana => True Potential Senju > Taiju > Sanzu with Katana(killed Kakucho) > Kakucho >= Wakasa = Benkei = Draken => Hanma >> Angry Kawata (Mid Tiers from now on) > Mucho > Pah Chin(dura) > Baji => Kazutora > Inui > Osanai > Koko > Chifuyu > Mochi > Smiley > PehYan > Mitsuya > Hakkai > Ran Haitani = Rindou Hatani > Chifuyu > Ryusei > Kojiro = Kojima

Take this seriously, you just put high tier and mid tier between some characters, I literally see that Angry downscale from DI Mikey, it's not understandable for me, let alone the staff who didn't read the serie, look at my summary and do something like that, ty.

Take this seriously, you just put high tier and mid tier between some characters, I literally see that Angry downscale from DI Mikey, it's not understandable for me, let alone the staff who didn't read the serie, look at my summary and do something like that, ty.
Why would staff accept a scaling chain for a series they have never seen

You are literally suggesting to don't change it since as far as I'm aware no thread modes or admin read the serie, I invite you to do what I asked you so we can procede.

High tiers: DI Mikey > DI South > Foresight Takemichi > Base South > Izana => True Potential Senju > Taiju > Sanzu with Katana(killed Kakucho) > Kakucho >= Wakasa = Benkei = Draken => Hanma >> Angry Kawata (Mid Tiers from now on) > Mucho > Pah Chin(dura) > Baji => Kazutora > Inui > Osanai > Koko > Chifuyu > Mochi > Smiley > PehYan > Mitsuya > Hakkai > Ran Haitani = Rindou Hatani > Chifuyu > Ryusei > Kojiro = Kojima
I only have a disagreement with Izana n a few others that can be easily fixed.

1.) Izana Lost to base Mikey who wasn't fighting him seriously while Senju knocked down DI South and made him state he hasnt had that much excitement in a fight in years, making her stronger than anyone previously he fought

2.)Chifuyu beat Mocchi twice so he should be right above Hakkai and lower than Mitsuya since Mitsuya is relative to Mocchi which makes him stronger than Hakkai. but everything else looks perfect.

No other disagreements

Back