• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

HST Showdown - (Round 6 - Villainous Façades)

Do everybody is just ignoring Gin who is concealed and sniping with his bankai/shikai? Because none of them can see or sense him and he can just keep sniping at a safe range and his bankai one shots.

nah, it's more like tsukoyomi needs to be able to manipulate Gin's soul in the first place in order to do it. Gin doesn't need to resist Tsukoyomi, the Tsukuyomi needs to be able to manipulate Gin's soul. That's the problem here
Genjutsu is layerd and works on souls that shouldn't be an issue

Genjutsu is layerd and works on souls that shouldn't be an issue
The thing is that the souls it works on don't have layered soul manipulation resistence, and what's layered for Genjutsu is the mind manipulation resistence, not soul manipulation. In order to mind hax someone in bleach, you need to bypass their soul manipulation resistence. Hence the genjutsu wouldn't work, especially before the sword is coming straight at Itachi, and he can't figure out why the **** he can't interact with Gin's soul

Gin's cloak ain't shit if shanks will see what he'll be doing in the future. Or something as simply as where shanks would get stabbed, cut or hit by anything. You gotta learn how to read fr, iShowSped.

Gin's cloak ain't shit if shanks will see what he'll be doing in the future. Or something as simply as where shanks would get stabbed, cut or hit by anything. You gotta learn how to read fr, iShowSped.
It’s still not going to help one nick and it’s over also it dura nega and passes trough objects so blocking it’s not an option which is likely what he will try and do and get one shot by the bankai hax and then itachi is next. And also it blitzes those way superior to himself like hogyoku aizen and Ichigo.

Sorry, but no.

In the scans in Arcker's blog, it shows that SPIRITUAL ENERGY has memories that can be reawakened via being exposed to other types of spiritual energies.

Yhwach said that Ichigo's SPIRITUAL ENERGY has memories. Gin is not his SPIRITUAL ENERGY.

Shanks can still read and hear Gin's voice.

This boi speed arguing with himself.

Shanks can see the future. Instinctive reaction, analytical predictions, danger sensing emotion sensing, mind reading. All these forms of prediction. before he puts on that cloak he knows what he's about to do, & he doesn't start with it either.

Last edited:
I will say Gin for the advantageous situation of the initial distance synergizing with the capabilities of his Bankai.

Genjutsu won't work on Gin due to the simple Shinigami-Zanpakuto Spirit = Jinchuriki-Tailed Beast dynamic.

As for Shanks, I don't know if there is anything that can protect him from Kamishini no Yari since, as far as I know, Observation Haki is not some form of omniscient future prediction that can save him from being impaled and poisoned to death from sneaky attacks casted by miles away.

I don't know if any of these points have already been made, I won't read three pages of comments

Gin sleep manipulation is above baseline+ memory erasure+ illusion creation on Spiritual level
Spoke a whole lot of bullshit 🔥

Brook does similar things without the memory erasure part
Mind Manipulation when playing music (Able to hypnotize people with music: forcing them to sleep, create illusions in their minds, etc.)
009.png

Spoke a whole lot of bullshit 🔥

Brook does similar things without the memory erasure part
Mind Manipulation when playing music (Able to hypnotize people with music: forcing them to sleep, create illusions in their minds, etc.)
009.png
I am talking about layers on spiritual level 🗿🗿🗿. No one is saying Shanks doesn't have Resistance.

Last time I checked there were 20 spirit classes each scaling one above another let me check. Shanks needs more than that to Resists Gins Kido.

I don't think anyone here is saying "No, Brook cannot affect someone on a spiritual level". I think they're saying there are layers and, to my understing, Bleach characters' are higher.
I'm not too sure about it being higher than Shanks'

IIRC, Gin is like 6-7 layers. Shanks is like 8, if not higher.

You bleach fans man... Stop trying to waste my time in arguing, either back up what you say with evidence and scans otherwise I'm not dealing with shit

Shunsui did stated 20 Spirit Classes bare Minimum
That's... not al all what he said.

There are different Spirit Rankings based on the concentration of Reiatsu in a soul reaper's body, with average division commanders being graded at 20.

I'm not sure how this implies layers? Does having a greater Reiatsu concentration equate to a layer? If so, why is't it listed in the Shinigami Physiology page?

That's... not al all what he said.

There are different Spirit Rankings based on the concentration of Reiatsu in a soul reaper's body, with average division commanders being graded at 20.

I'm not sure how this implies layers? Does having a greater Reiatsu concentration equate to a layer? If so, why is't it listed in the Shinigami Physiology page?
Check the Soul Physiology page. Sleep Manipulation Resistance in last section. It's stated depending on the spiritual pressure one can knock out other characters with sleep manipulation potion. Low Spiritual pressure character can be knocked out with one drop and higher spirit level may need more. Additionally hanatoro used it on 2 people one got knocked out in an instant and another guy was completely unaffected.

Also Kidos works on Reastu Class difference. Hisagi Kido was completely useless against Hikone. Hisagi is assistant captain level 4th Spirit class where Hikone is on the level of captain class means 3rd spirit class or Higher. Gin Abilities comes from a Kido.

Check the Soul Physiology page. Sleep Manipulation Resistance in last section. It's stated depending on the spiritual pressure one can knock out other characters with sleep manipulation potion. Low Spiritual pressure character can be knocked out with one drop and higher spirit level may need more. Additionally hanatoro used it on 2 people one got knocked out in an instant and another guy was completely unaffected.

Also Kidos works on Reastu Class difference. Hisagi Kido was completely useless against Hikone. Hisagi is assistant captain level 4th Spirit class where Hikone is on the level of captain class means 3rd spirit class or Higher. Gin Abilities comes from a Kido.
That doesn't explain how this is related to layers.

That doesn't explain how this is related to layers.
It does Spirit classes are derived from Spiritual pressure.
3rd Class can resists 4th class Kido.

First time it didn't worked because of spiritual pressure difference.
Pling! The Bakudo chains broke into pieces and were sent flying. But Hisagi had already assumed that might happen. Based on his perception of Hikone’s spiritual pressure, he hadn’t assumed the child would be restrained so easily.
When Hisagi and Hikone Spiritual Class become equal he was sure it would work.
Now that Hikone had used up almost all their spiritual pressure, they were harmless. He thought that he could just use a simple hakufuku to put them to sleep, but…
Same Kido which Gin uses btw. So obviously Spirit Classes does comes into play. Even a fodder Shinigami resists Sleep manipulation based on spiritual pressure level. Higher Spiritual pressure = Higher Spirit classes. Kido of Lower spirit class wouldn't have any effects on higher spirit class.

Gin knocking out Rangiku is like Knocking out atleast 15 Spirit Classes Resistance.

Back