• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

HST Showdown - (Round 6 - Villainous Façades)

Yes the **** it does.
it does not. not even close.
Kenbun allows Shanks to hear the true voice of his surroundings.

Not only does Kenbun protect from tricks of the mind, which includes Illusions, but Shanks would literally know everything going around him.
my guy, even the 3T Sharingan allows you to "see the true reality of techniques and see through Illusions" but highly experienced Sharingan users like Kakashi are completely helpless against Tsukuyomi.

It's not even just a trick of the mind, your mind is BFR'd into a mental world where Itachi controls all aspects of it including all perception of pain, space, time, matter, and gravity. No sixth sense is helping you in Tsukuyomi because its not even just an illusion.

The only way to break it is to have higher levels of mental resistance than Itachi's Tsukuyomi potency. Which Shanks does not have.

im not saying itachi would do this in charecter but sharigan users can erase peoples memories btw, just throwing that out there

Based on?
Based on the fact that he doesn't have enough layered mental resistance to deal with Tsukuyomi. Nor the ability to break out of it in the picoseconds worth of time he could use it in.

Idk why you're asking when you should be providing evidence that Shanks does have these resistances if you're arguing for him.

wdym ? Gin's eyes are closed by default . Even with no knowledge, he will not make eye contact.
so can you actually prove his eyes are closed and that isn't just a stylistic choice like Brock from Pokemon?

iirc nowhere is it stated or implied that Gin always has his eyes closed.

so can you actually prove his eyes are closed and that isn't just a stylistic choice like Brock from Pokemon?

Its not nowhere stated. Its that Bleach characters are trained to fight with their eyes closed even Hisagi can do that.

He opened his eyes when fighting Ichigo. 90% of the time his eyes will be closed.

Also 13K distance range Gin Bankai has don't see Itachi Genjustu passing that level.

He only opened his eyes two times in the whole serie iirc . Kubo made a clear distinction between his closed eyes and the times he open them, because it's a big deal for him.

Yes the **** it does.

Kenbun allows Shanks to hear the true voice of his surroundings.

Not only does Kenbun protect from tricks of the mind, which includes Illusions, but Shanks would literally know everything going around him.
Caesar bullied katakuri and oven with hallucinations
Mont'd bullied luffy with illusions
When uta mind BFR'd them they didn't know they were in a fake world until doing research
Observation haki isn't some auto detect and negate mind hax button lol

Shanks can know what's going on outside sure. But in the tsukyomi realm his mind and spirit will be broken

Cover story 1059. It caused katakuri and oven to attack eachother by accident due to hallucinations (perception manipulation)

During wci after sanji beat luffy up

On this very thread people are using film red stuff lol

Switching to Gin FRA

I think he has a harder time with Shanks than with Itachi, because Kenbu will allow him to at least somewhat deal with the whole "Invisible oneshotting sniper with multiple speed amps" better than Itachi could ngl. The cloak giving Gin invisibility kinda kills the GJ argument outright. He would see the distance gap and pull out Bankai for the win.

This match lowkey is just Gin V Shanks and Shanks V Itachi, cuz I don't really see Itachi beating Gin tbh. If Itachi takes out Shanks, Gin just get's an easy dub. Gin 7/10. An IC Gin would prolly let Shanks and Itachi fight it out then ambush the winner.

Last edited:
Also a problem with Gin contending Itachi is that if Itachi has to beat Gin after Shanks has been dealt with he always had the option with attempting Izanami, something that doesn’t require eyesight and debatably would work if he’s still in his “helping Aizen” facade.

Not to mention if he still has both eyes and Gin attempts a killing blow Itachi could do over with Izanagi and Tsukuyomi Gin with the other eye. Or form his Susanoo with Yata Mirror if he knows he can’t compete physically.

Ight to get this out the way.

Gins eyes are in fact always closed 90% of the time fr tho. Itachi is gonna have to carefully monitor him for when he opens. But he'll be busy with shanks and gin's "bankai spam"

Can Gin's bankai bypass Itachi's Susanoo abilities? (Touskablade + shield) what happens when it comes in direct contact?

This is one thing I'm curious about.

The fact Kubo's bothered to make the distinction between when Gin's bright ass eyes are open is enough, you don't need everything spoon fed to you when you can literally see it on panel
You do realize other series use this artistic style as well right? And it’s sometimes just used to show when a character squints often or doesn’t fully open their eyes(sometimes to show a character is laidback or very calm) Given that nothing is directly stating this to be the case other wise I don’t see why you believe one assumption is more concrete than the other with little evidence to support the claim.

and again one of Itachis genjutsu Izanami doesn’t require eyesight to work.

attempting Izanami
He only has two chances to use that, there's no guarantee that he'll take care of Shanks without wasting both, secondly they're all fighting one another.

Shanks opens up with Hao, taking away their enhanced senses. At least Gin can still snipe Itachi from a distance then it's Shanks vs Gin.

Another thing to bring up is that it’s accepted that Itachi can see things that are invisible with his sharingan.

He only has two chances to use that, there's no guarantee that he'll take care of Shanks without wasting both, secondly they're all fighting one another.
He really doesn’t need Izanami on shanks. Nor is it something he would try on him.
Shanks opens up with Hao, taking away their enhanced senses. At least Gin can still snipe Itachi from a distance then it's Shanks vs Gin.
I’ve already explained why this isn’t gonna work so imma just ignore this.

He really doesn’t need Izanami on shanks. Nor is it something he would try on him
Shanks can very easily kill Itachi before he can react with shit like Hao and Beyond Advanced Buso giving him internal durability which would be fatal if it lands.
I’ve already explained why this isn’t gonna work so imma just ignore this.
You really haven't.

Ignorance at it's finest.

You do realize other series use this artistic style as well right? And it’s sometimes just used to show when a character squints often or doesn’t fully open their eyes(sometimes to show a character is laidback or very calm) Given that nothing is directly stating this to be the case other wise I don’t see why you believe one assumption is more concrete than the other with little evidence to support the claim.

and again one of Itachis genjutsu Izanami doesn’t require eyesight to work.
This is actually pretty true ngl

Ight to get this out the way.

Gins eyes are in fact always closed 90% of the time fr tho. Itachi is gonna have to carefully monitor him for when he opens. But he'll be busy with shanks and gin's "bankai spam"

Can Gin's bankai bypass Itachi's Susanoo abilities? (Touskablade + shield) what happens when it comes in direct contact?

This is one thing I'm curious about.

Still need a reply to this. What happens when gin's bankai touches itachi's susanoo abilities?

Can the Susanoo defend from phasing based intangibility? Such as Beyond Advanced Buso? And why would Itachi open up with that before he gets his innards blown up by Shanks?

Can the Susanoo defend from phasing based intangibility? Such as Beyond Advanced Buso? And why would Itachi open up with that before he gets his innards blown up by Shanks?
It doesent matter what kind of attack the yata miror faces it negates it all. I'll get the scan in a minute. Currently on mobile

It doesent matter what kind of attack the yata miror faces it negates it all. I'll get the scan in a minute. Currently on mobile
That can very easily be taken as an NLF. If it doesn't have feats of defending against phasing intangibility then you can't assume it can without those feats. Even if it did, Shanks could just ya know hit him with it before he pulls out the Susanoo.

Shanks can very easily kill Itachi before he can react with shit like Hao and Beyond Advanced Buso giving him internal durability which would be fatal if it lands.
I feel like I’ve said this several times but I’ll do it again I guess, Itachi has a bunch of ways to keep Shanks at a distance or from hitting him. Substitution, shunshin, Susanoo, looking him in the eyes, clones, AOE, etc.

Not to mention this weird idea in your head that Shanks always instantly goes for a kill shot.

in his fight with Kidd, he sees Kidd hurt his comrades with FS and instantly attacks him with bloodlusted anger. This kind of thing isn’t a standard move for Shanks in normal combat, even Novels say that Shanks is a different person when his loved ones are in danger so stop acting like the fight starts with Shanks instantly flying over to Itachi and ignores Gin just to one shot Itachi.

Even if Shanks lead with FS he won’t see himself getting genjutsu right away because of the range, nor would Itachi approach Shanks himself to start the fight. He would lead with strategy over anything else via clones and light genjutsu to see how Shanks reacts.

given the huge intelligence gap and the equal stats, and superior skill Itachi has, it’s very likely that he could keep him at a distance and make a plan especially since all he needs to do is look him in the eyes to end it with Tsukuyomi.

Not to mention Susanoo manifests at a relative speed to itachi's movement so him using it to block Shanks is likely

and Hao isn’t working on Itachi he already resists that kind of fear hax and paralysis inducement can’t stop him from activating his jutsu as we’ve seen it couldn’t stop Susanoo.
Ignorance at it's finest.
Quit your malding boy

Last edited:
Back