• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (3) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I keep theorizing on how this fight gonna end Either Esdeath pulls her timestop only for gray to pull an akame/tatsumi on her for the killing blow or Esdeath stomps once she goes into ICIC assuming they'll try to argue having the bigger edge in DC

Frankly keep thinking how this is gonna go down

I think it's gonna go with a fight at base forms and then Esdeath will pressure Gray into using Demon Slayer.

There Esdeath starts losing and stuff until she uses ISCIC and now she starts stomping.

Gray starts eating her ice and stomping Esdeath, taking off limbs from Esdeath so she uses ice limbs.

Then Esdeath time stops and is about to win until Death Battle lets Gray be resistant since they believe cold resistance makes you immune to Esdeath's time stop (also their researcher said Gray is already resistant to time stop anyways).

Then Gray wins.

He's quicker on this site but doesn't have an AP advantage unless his profile isn't updated.

If this were Comicvine, OBD, or WWW then it's hilariously in Esdeath's favor for stats there too.

Not really OBD considers gray>Esdeath even with ICIC and Spacebattles(LoL) sees the same somewhat outside a few Don't know how it is on WWW though On DB it 50/50

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
I think it's gonna go with a fight at base forms and then Esdeath will pressure Gray into using Demon Slayer.

There Esdeath starts losing and stuff until she uses ISCIC and now she starts stomping.

Gray starts eating her ice and stomping Esdeath, taking off limbs from Esdeath so she uses ice limbs.

Then Esdeath time stops and is about to win until Death Battle lets Gray be resistant since they believe cold resistance makes you immune to Esdeath's time stop (also their researcher said Gray is already resistant to time stop anyways).

Then Gray wins.
Really?

i still think gray should win. he should be immune to her whole arsenal except for probably timestop and gray could just eat and get more power from her ice easily even if it isnt magic

ZephyrosOmega said:
Death Battle Episode 124 battle music lyrics heard - may be with spoilers
Lyrics:
I'm saving my friends and the land

Can't believe this is happening again

You thought you just could disrespect me

Where I'm from, yeah, we call that a sin

Tension in the atmosphere

Yet my mind is clear

Cuz I don't have no time to feel fear

There's your mistake

Cuz I can't wait to watch you break

Your blood on the snow

Cuz I'm boiling too cold

Heart beating so slow

As the frostbite takes hold

Temperature lowered degree by degree

The perfect arena for me

When even the air is beginning to freeze

It's only getting colder

All things too white, hope you've got your closure

Don't close your eyes, this is polar

Your final mistake when you choose to face me

Hell's more likely to freeze

Remember, you started this fight

Well, lack the foresight, dude if you think you'll survive

You must be out of your mind

It's such a waste that you came here to die

You took the words from my mouth

Soon the only (?) that you'll serve is a (?) in the ground

Temperature's still going down

This (?) around, and it's only getting Colder

All things too white, hope you've got your closure

Close your eyes, this is polar

Your final mistake when you chose to face me

Hell's more likely to freeze
Just to be safe.
From the lyrics alone, it seems the female vocals have the last line. Implying the female character should be the last one standing.

Ah this is the first music with female vocals.

Brandon Yates songs are less spoilery than Werewolf Therewolf's though so do not determine the victor JUST by the lyrics.
Still think Gray should win, but dunno Death Battle will pull out some wild cards (I mean Sasuke vs Hiei, Gaara vs Toph or Guts vs Nightmare or Yang vs Tifa level wild cards).
But according to the music and the sneak peek, Death Battle may give Esdeath discounted ISCIC and time stop, but Gray resisted it with Demon Slayer magic and sealed Esdeath away with Lost Iced Shell.

(In terms of hero vs villain death battle they only give Doomsday as a villain winning against Hulk as a hero.)
Off topic: Have you received invitations from Fanfiction.net?

db does have a deal with VRV so the eps are ment to be on there but for some reason it was released early. Ben was informed about this and said he would keep an eye on it

Anyways what are folks guess by the lyrics Some argue Esdeath due to the female last line but judging the victor on the music isn't always sound

Yeah but like... why would Esdeath be singing about "Gray's final mistake" if she lost. It's not even that she has the last line, her last line is seconds before the song fades out.

the only with both fighters IRCC when a song fade out was Lobo vs Ghost rider with both contestants being still alive (lobo case Not fully dead) Others could bring up others examples

Remember when Daredevil Vs. Nightwing had Daredevil's theme blasting while his corpse fell the ground, Nightwing got his corny one-liner in, and the camera panned into Matt's lifeless face?

Tewn Lonk said:
Remember when Daredevil Vs. Nightwing had Daredevil's theme blasting while his corpse fell the ground, Nightwing got his corny one-liner in, and the camera panned into Matt's lifeless face?
I have repressed that fight from my memory

Yeah, I have hope for Gray, and I think he should win, but almost every possible thing is pointing towards an Esdeath W in the DB, and I'm positive the G1 blog will have Esdeath take tge majority even if it's considered close.

So I'll bet om Esdeath to win the DB. I hope I'm wrong.

Foxthefox1000 said:
Yeah, I have hope for Gray, and I think he should win, but almost every possible thing is pointing towards an Esdeath W in the DB, and I'm positive the G1 blog will have Esdeath take tge majority even if it's considered close.
So I'll bet om Esdeath to win the DB. I hope I'm wrong.
The blog is looking to either be a tie or a Gray W atm, if it makes you feel any better

There's a *possibility* of Esdeath winning, but that's assuming that everyone who's remotely thinking about writing a verdict ends up doing so, and even then it would only be by 1 vote

Well tbf I also have to take their arguments into consideration. Some of the voters may persuade me in their arguments.

I still dunno why but I feel like Esdeath is gonna win.

Anyways, I hope the next fight has some interesting debates.

I had a dream last night about it. My dream told me it was gonna be Shao Kahn VS. Darkseid, and that 126 would be Batman VS. Mewtwo.

Let's, uh... let's hope that's wrong.

Lol

Apparently some dude is sure it's not gonna be Alex VS. Cole so I dunno. It can be anything. I just hope it's not disappointing and people were getting their hopes up

Well, I do feel like it would be pretty strange for Esdeath's vocalist in the track to be singing about Gray's final mistake if she ends up losing. Even stuff like DD vs NW was entirely Daredevil focused music wise at least (cause NW doesn't really have any musical motifs), while this is a lot more back-and-forty. In general the way it flows make me think Esdeath wins.

I'm guessing the verdict will pretty much be:

-Earlier on they calc CIC's storm in the petatons

-They say she needed 10000 soldiers for this, and do some funky math to determine the rate at which she can make soldiers

-In the verdict they say that she could make X number of soldiers in a minute and absorb them to put her power too far above Gray for his speed to matter, and stuff like Lost Iced Shell, time stop resistance, and ice resistance becomes negligible when Esdeath is that much stronger than him, so it's unlikely he could resist it or she couldn't break out of iced shell.

Not saying I'd necessarily agree with everything there, but that's what I'm expecting.

Even that reasoning is flawed when Esdeath's arsenal and amp via those soldiers can just be absorbed by Gray and then HE gets the amp. But I get what you're saying and I can see that happening.

Also, people saying her durability scales to the stored power is unsupported and can be countered by the fact humans consume and sustain more energy needed to simply have their body function than what they can produce in a punch IIRC. Her body can store that power, yes, but it does not mean she can casually produce that mucj energy in a single punch, and we don't even know how she's able to store the power within them anyways. It's all assumptions.

Back