• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Currently it's a territory of the US, which means Puerto Ricans don't get the benefits of being an independent country nor a US state and they're stuck in a limbo.

Puerto Rico should probably be independent. It has a different language, culture, education system and political system from the US. Puerto Rico is way too different from the US or any US state to be considered a state. But eh, the choice of Puerto Rico being a state or independent is left to the Puerto Ricans. Hopefully US politicians aren't ***** and they let Puerto Ricans have a choice. I heard they are giving a hard time to Puerto Rico.
From what I understand it's an age thing; with the older generations wanting independence, the younger generations wanting statehood and those in the middle wanting to maintain the status quo but keep in mind geopolitics is an infinitely complex subject I mean Greenland is far larger than Puerto Rico yet still remains under the domain of Denmark since they lack the infrastructure to sustain, defend or industrialize themselves plus the resource curse.

Also history shows both annexation or independence can be helpful as well as harmful.

To disarm the political rhetoric with a funny conclusion, most of the USA's overseas territories were claimed via a treaty based on bird guano (It's true look it up).
Sun Wukong got a monstrous W tbf
Tbf he could've just pulled a single hair strand from his head, drop it on Heracles and then just sit back on his cloud and enjoy the show from above (monstrous indeed).

From what I understand it's an age thing; with the older generations wanting independence, the younger generations wanting statehood and those in the middle wanting to maintain the status quo but keep in mind geopolitics is an infinitely complex subject I mean Greenland is far larger than Puerto Rico yet still remains under the domain of Denmark since they lack the infrastructure to sustain, defend or industrialize themselves plus the resource curse.

Also history shows both annexation or independence can be helpful as well as harmful.

To disarm the political rhetoric with a funny conclusion, most of the USA's overseas territories were claimed via a treaty based on bird guano (It's true look it up).

Tbf he could've just pulled a single hair strand from his head, drop it on Heracles and then just sit back on his cloud and enjoy the show from above (monstrous indeed).
Not gonna lie, I pretty much stopped caring about nearly everything that happens in Puerto Rico once I left the country like 5 years ago. But I still wish them the best from afar. I dislike the status quo, I hope they change it to anything else that ain't the status quo whether it's statehood or independence.

Well Wukong did that in that fight.

Not gonna lie, I pretty much stopped caring about nearly everything that happens in Puerto Rico once I left the country like 5 years ago. But I still wish them the best from afar. I dislike the status quo, I hope they change it to anything else that ain't the status quo whether it's statehood or independence.
Well I am not familiar with Puerto Rico so I just pray for the wellness of the generations and the future ones to come.

Unless my memory is hurting, technically Europe also doesnt quite get that much representation in DB either.

But yeah, Genshin is prolly only major Chinese IP I can think of atm. What other verses are there in China that has a shot for DB?

Eh, who else is Jean going to fight?

Plus, I'm finding it kind of funny how, other than Gilgamesh vs The Emperor (Arguably), 40k loses it's MU's. I'm pretty sure Thrall kills Ghazghkull, Guilliman dies to Doomguy or Trunks, Megatron probably kills Angron, and Jean Grey will slaughter Magnus. IDK about any other matches, I could only see Horus maybe being able to kill Darth Vader, but scaling is weird with 40k.

Imo, just to clarify some stuff, it depends entirely on if they take our scaling or not, if they do, Emperor should win against Gilgamesh via higher 1-A scaling, Guilliman should destroy Doomguy via the Sword of the Emperor which scales to harming Nurgle (he wouldn't win against trunks though because trunks is MUCH faster) and Megatron would not be able to kill Angron where as Angron can kill Megatron via duraneg and soul hax, and pull Megatron into the warp where he'll have 1-A power, finally with Darth Vader, it's basically the same thing, Horus was borderline reaching Emperor in psychic power levels and has a number of dura neg and soul hax, and likely resists the force via his aethyr resist.

As for Thrall, it is FAR better for him to fight a Warhammer Fantasy character rather than 40k, purely via thematics and just in general it'll mesh better, likely either Wurrzag da Green Prophet or Grimgor Ironhide

Unless my memory is hurting, technically Europe also doesnt quite get that much representation in DB either.

But yeah, Genshin is prolly only major Chinese IP I can think of atm. What other verses are there in China that has a shot for DB?
Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if DB considers representation as the character being from a irl country or region in verse (i.e Jonathan Joestar being from the UK or Sub-Zero being from China) but I'm not going to jump on that assumption train.

I mean yeaaah, there is character representation and then there is meta representation.

They prolly dont care too much about this, they do fights they like and fights that are popular.

I made them up

Character representation is about character, say if character is asian, then DB has used an asian character, but it might not be created in Asia.

Meta representation is about the indirect parts, which needs say asian representation to be created in asia, rather than just feature.

And frankly, meta repping is waaaaay more popular subject in DB. People wanting say Touhou in general is more meta, but wanting specific character like Sakuya is character driven. Not to mention other meta reppong like verse wins, streaks, themes, rivalries kinda too.

Imo, just to clarify some stuff, it depends entirely on if they take our scaling or not, if they do, Emperor should win against Gilgamesh via higher 1-A scaling, Guilliman should destroy Doomguy via the Sword of the Emperor which scales to harming Nurgle (he wouldn't win against trunks though because trunks is MUCH faster) and Megatron would not be able to kill Angron where as Angron can kill Megatron via duraneg and soul hax, and pull Megatron into the warp where he'll have 1-A power, finally with Darth Vader, it's basically the same thing, Horus was borderline reaching Emperor in psychic power levels and has a number of dura neg and soul hax, and likely resists the force via his aethyr resist.

As for Thrall, it is FAR better for him to fight a Warhammer Fantasy character rather than 40k, purely via thematics and just in general it'll mesh better, likely either Wurrzag da Green Prophet or Grimgor Ironhide
Huh, well color me surprised. This is great news! I figured Megatron could kill Angron long enough for it to count as a win. Also, doesn't Doomguy have higher speed-scaling these days?

7nCt.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back