• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways given Dragon Ball is a consistent money 💰 for Death Battle I want to try go in depth on the more likely one for next season
Give We had Saiyan's lately Broly, Goku Black, Vegeta and Trunks appearing the latter half
We'll probably get a none Saiyan rep

Cell- Popular Z Era Villain,DA and TFS kept him nice and relevant, movie based a bootleg off him

Frieza-New Form Hype, Most popular Villain In the franchise and Still relevant as ever

Piccolo- Fan Favorite, Recent Movie and New Form Hype

Honorable Mention:
Hit
Merged Zamasu

Cell, Piccolo, Frieza, and Hit are cool because they have shit to differentiate them from the Saiyans. The fights would not feel like retreading grounds (except the scaling for the latter three) or feel similar to the Saiyan fights.

Cell, Piccolo, Frieza, and Hit are cool because they have shit to differentiate them from the Saiyans. The fights would not feel like retreading grounds (except the scaling for the latter three) or feel similar to the Saiyan fights.
Eh, can't say I'd agree that it wouldn't feel similar to the saiyan fights. Frieza doesn't do anything that different from any other DBZ fighter, he can survive more fatal wounds and breath in space but besides that he doesn't have much of anything else. Piccolo has decent regen and stretchy arms but besides that he fights no differently than Goku or Vegeta, hell he rarely even uses the stretchy arms anyway. Cell fights just like any other fighter, he has regen and can absorb others sure but for the most part he fights just like the saiyans do. Hit is the only one who'd fight differently since he uses time manipulation and cool assassination tricks.

Tbf, besides Hit, they arent THAT different from Saiyans ability wise.
Eh, can't say I'd agree that it wouldn't feel similar to the saiyan fights. Frieza doesn't do anything that different from any other DBZ fighter, he can survive more fatal wounds and breath in space but besides that he doesn't have much of anything else. Piccolo has decent regen and stretchy arms but besides that he fights no differently than Goku or Vegeta, hell he rarely even uses the stretchy arms anyway. Cell fights just like any other fighter, he has regen and can absorb others sure but for the most part he fights just like the saiyans do. Hit is the only one who'd fight differently since he uses time manipulation and cool assassination tricks.
Well For Piccolo case he has
Regeneration
Sealing
Duplication
Stretching( he has use this more often in Super and the Manga and recently the movie)
Can control his severed limbs like he did with Gohan in the anime when they trained before TOP
Size Manipulation
Telepathy and the usual Dragon Ball telekinesis

Cell and Frieza are not all too different but the banter they and more usage of there other abilities can make up for it

The real key is that some DBZ characters have way better personalities than others. Its why non-stupid-Super Goku & Vegeta are fun to watch fight.

Frieza just instantly made the worst DBS arc better, despite arguably being kinda out there in appearance and getting a 2nd recolor and people still liked that. Frieza has become entertaining PoS thats fun to watch fight.

Cell/Android arc might be kinda overrated, but Cell was fun to watch. Unique monster design & cool one at Perfect, his smugness was also great.

Piccolo is stoic but fun, esp. considering how many enjoyed that Superhero was basically a Piccolo movie.

Real issue is Gohan, by far worst of these 4, has been most disappointing from these, and has basically nothing over these 4. Also probably worst MU spread between these. He was better as Saiyaman, but thats not happening.

So again, potentially available Dragon Ball characters for Death Battle

Piccolo
Frieza
Cell
Hit
Android 17
(Possibly)
Gohan
Android 21
Nappa
Raditz
Pilaf Gang
(Returner)
Goku
Zamasu (as Merged Zamasu)

Quite a list. And I already ditto'ed some less popular characters.

... Anyone remember "I win by speed and hax"?
Also... Goten and Gotenks?

I'm hoping that Black Adam vs Apocalypse is the last of the three other MUs honestly. I'm hyped to see Trunks on Death Battle, and Sauron seems like he'll be really interesting new grounds for a combatant, but I could not be less interested in yet another flying brick Marvel vs DC MU. The DBX didn't really sell me on the animation potential either, it was a bland fight between two flying bricks. There were a few unique things, but they didn't really excite me.

Who knows, maybe the crew will find a way to set this apart from something like Captain Marvel vs Shazam, but as of now, I'm not really into it.

the_words_death_and_battle_should_mean_the_same_by_taurock_dfbq7jl-fullview.png

Wasnt cell jrs still around? That is a good opportunity to bring him back from dead
I think in the manga Gohan splattered their brains or something, they could've maybe harvest the brain matter probably.
Baby VS Necrozma? Dare I ask the connections? I watched GT but admittedly I'm forgetful of my time with it
To my knowledge, Baby doesn't really have connections for Necrozma, they're more of a Syn Shenron MU if anything

I'm hoping that Black Adam vs Apocalypse is the last of the three other MUs honestly. I'm hyped to see Trunks on Death Battle, and Sauron seems like he'll be really interesting new grounds for a combatant, but I could not be less interested in yet another flying brick Marvel vs DC MU. The DBX didn't really sell me on the animation potential either, it was a bland fight between two flying bricks. There were a few unique things, but they didn't really excite me.

Who knows, maybe the crew will find a way to set this apart from something like Captain Marvel vs Shazam, but as of now, I'm not really into it.
The season 9 part 2 premiere will air on 4 Sep for RT First members and 5 Sep for the public.

Then Death Battle will air on 19/9, 3/10, 17/10 and 31/10.

So if they rush the three episodes with the leaked characters we may actually still have one for Michael Myers vs Jason Voorhees right at the Halloween.

And Black Adam airs on 21/10 so it may actually be beneficial to air Black Adam vs Apocalypse on 17/10.

Wasnt cell jrs still around? That is a good opportunity to bring him back from dead
I think in the manga Gohan splattered their brains or something, they could've maybe harvest the brain matter probably.
Whatever they do, make sure a resurrected Cell appears - with the original flavour.

Baby VS Necrozma? Dare I ask the connections? I watched GT but admittedly I'm forgetful of my time with it
To my knowledge, Baby doesn't really have connections for Necrozma, they're more of a Syn Shenron MU if anything
Double check
Syn Shenron has
  • Vertus
  • Palkia
  • Necrozma (beings who warred against the universe for humankind seemingly misuse great powers who came from them (?))

Baby (Dragon Ball GT) has

Last edited:

Here's your connections:

*Aliens that can forcefully possess and take control of powerful beings (Saiyans and Pokémon).

*As a side effect of the possession they can access more powerful forms (Golden Oozaru and Ultra) also those forms are related to celestial bodies such as the "sun" and "moon".

*Both have hatred for a race that wronged them in the past (the Saiyans that drove the Tuffles to extinction and the Ultra Space Humans that misused Nercozma's power which lead it to lose it's light as well as part of its body).

*Both are seen as major threats on cosmic proportions.

*Both have epic ultimate attacks that go with a "bang" (Revenge Death Ball and Light That Burns The Sky).

I agree the MU isn't good tho.

Looking through the Pokedex, which Pokemon could realistically make it to Death Battle without being either a starter or a legendary?

I'm talking stuff like Gardevoir, Gengar, Garchomp, etc.

3 of those are starters and 1 is a legendary.

That said, if we're talking the Croagunk from Pokken, based
Darkrai is a legendary? I thought he was considered one. Also I just picked Croagunk because I liked Brock’s Croagunk when I was younger.
I was gonna say Lucario but I remembered he had a Death Battle. Incredibly forgettable, but still exists.
I still remember it, but not for good reasons
Mostly them putting furry **** there

That episode is honestly one of the most disappointing in terms of animation potential. Two sorcerors who can cast an entire library’s worth of spells, and they just punch each other. At least they realized their mistake in WandaZee, but still.
ehhhh i really wouldn't flex using that one
its better but not that much
Thanos VS Darkseid and Raven VS Twilight Sparkle also suffered from this problem. It is BECAUSE of their vast amount of powers and magic spells that DB tends to throw up their hands and just make it into a flying brick slugfest. One of by biggest fears is that whenever Bill Cipher VS Discord happens it would be relegated to the same fate because Ben and the animators have choice paralysis or simply have a brain fart.

Thanos VS Darkseid and Raven VS Twilight Sparkle also suffered from this problem. It is BECAUSE of their vast amount of powers and magic spells that DB tends to throw up their hands and just make it into a flying brick slugfest. One of by biggest fears is that whenever Bill Cipher VS Discord happens it would be relegated to the same fate because Ben and the animators have choice paralysis or simply have a brain fart.
Me when Discord can literally alter reality to be anything, and he just punches Bill in the eye.
q9-Wk-ZaptBxAlnL.jpg:large

Thanos VS Darkseid and Raven VS Twilight Sparkle also suffered from this problem. It is BECAUSE of their vast amount of powers and magic spells that DB tends to throw up their hands and just make it into a flying brick slugfest.
Yeah, a lot of abstract abilities DB tends to struggle with
Me when Discord can literally alter reality to be anything, and he just punches Bill in the eye.
I mean they’re gonna have Discord punch him in the eye atleast once as a joke

Honestly it's not just an issue for DB but many writers as well
When you give a Characters so many Abilities you end up putting ya self in a hole on what can you do with them

I am very concerned about the existance of Gravity Falls and Star vs The Forces of Evil. Both are the property of one of the most evil and ruthless corporarions in the world, and the executives would not hesistate one second to wipe them out of existance in order to get little bit more money for themselves.

Mickey Mouse vs Bugs Bunny?

I am very concerned about the existance of Gravity Falls and Star vs The Forces of Evil. Both are the property of one of the most evil and ruthless corporarions in the world, and the executives would not hesistate one second to wipe them out of existance in order to get little bit more money for themselves.

Let me guess: the Warner Bros-Discovery stuff has got you worried?

Disney Vs WB (lawsuit of RT edition).

Looking through the Pokedex, which Pokemon could realistically make it to Death Battle without being either a starter or a legendary?

It's easier to think of which trainers you want to see, and you get that by proxy.

• Ragyo vs Lusamine means we see stuff like Clefable and Milotic fairly easily.
  • Kahuna Hala vs either Klaus von Reinherz or Haschel (LoD) means that Hariyama is coming out to play.
  • Gladion vs Tora means we see Silvally for free (your mileage will vary on if you see Silvally as a legendary)
  • What do the Alolan Trial Captains and Kahuna's run? build your MUs around that (Cammuravi vs Kiawe, for example, specifically the Anime and his Turtonator)

(yes, I like G7 and Alola CAN YOU TELL?!)

Needless to say, you can see where I'm going with this.

My picks:

Magikarp

For looking so weak and pathetic in appearance and being actually relatively weak in the game but still going to perform some impressive feats.

Ditto

A shapeshifter modelled after a mythical Pokémon should warrant it a position.

Gengar

Actually fast, actually strong, actually have some hax, looking really cute and cunning... It is a matter of time it gets an opponent. (Usually people pit it against King Boo)

Snorlax

A fight with chubby benevolent figures who usually loves to eat and take a nap but can be very strong and fast when needed can just have so many potential. At least animation wise.
I personally want to see Snorlax vs Winnie the Pooh and I know it is among some of ideas originated from me.

Bewear

My pick on vs Kuma. (Can swap with Beartic or Usaring but Bewear vs Kuma would actually have a great comedic effect)

Gardevoir, Garchomp, etc.

(yes, I like G7 and Alola CAN YOU TELL?!)

Needless to say, you can see where I'm going with this.
Do you believe Pokémon Gen 7 has a mixed energy of SCP Foundation and the Xeno series? Or any other similar games you can think of?

Last edited:

Zacian vs Sif could work
Zacian vs Sif works as a future Death Battle episode.
Just
(a) the moment we see Zacian Tier 6 and Sif possibly Tier 4 screw up the fun.
(b)Zacian is a legendary Pokémon and does not fit what Kontororou asks for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back