• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (3) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

actually, the G1 group is using a version that they somehow got 16 exatons from by measuring the storm's thickness. But that won't really help her since she never uses ice cavalry in character. Like I said, the only way you can possibly get Esdeath to win is to somehow assume she has CiC's levels of power in base.

I mean, honestly, in every scenario, Esdeath really only wins one compared to Base VS Base and using both's outliers/high-ends.

DB says they go by who wins most scenarios and Esdeath's wincons are there, but simply not as prevalent as Gray's.

Foxthefox1000 said:
I mean, honestly, in every scenario, Esdeath really only wins one compared to Base VS Base and using both's outliers/high-ends.

DB says they go by who wins most scenarios and Esdeath's wincons are there, but simply not as prevalent as Gray's.
True there looking at this as practically who can win 6/10 outta of this fight Im curious on how the research is looking at this fight considering that Leo vs Jason was considered a close one to them

Oh wait, the Erza meteor feat? The cloud split?

Yeah, not legit. The shot is bigger than any other shot of the meteor we see, is anime only, and it's assuming it split all those clouds when there's nothing implying that.

Also, I believe the petaton calc used the measured distance as the diameter, even though it only measured how far it stretched out in one direction, so it would be the radius. That's another reason why it got higher results.

^ "There's nothing implying she needs the Cavalry for CiC" apparently. So, amped CiC via Ice Cavalry to perform said exatons feats means she can casually output exatons once she activates CiC apparently.

It's unknown what DB thinks regarding this match ICIC is practically Esdeath biggest gamble outside of that gray has more advantages than her tbh

If we look who wins at least 6/10 than gray edges out in that regard

Verbatim of what Phantom said on the DBWiki.

But even that has a counter in that she still needed the Cavalry for the storm creation and Gray can just easily deal with them via his powers and their lackluster durability in canon by being beaten by fodder.

What? What evidence do you have to say CiC can output exatons of energy without needing to absorb the reserves she had stored in her Ice Cavalry?

There is none. Even using interpretive shit like "well, if we wanma be technical, nothing said she couldn't used CiC without the Ice Cavalry" there's no proof she can crate a storm like that without them amping her. It's an assumption on your part that she can and it's contextually treated as non-standard and a veritable amp in how she went about performing that feat.

I frankly don't see the other interpretation here.

Unfortunatley for Esdeath, the series leaves out a lot of unknowns that it doesn't bother answering. On one hand, you CAN highball and give her the benefit of the doubt, but like there's not really any proof to that

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I think you guys forget, even if Esdeath has the higher AP, Gray just has to absorb her ice and then he gains the same AP...
They could easily pull out a Mob Vs Tatsumaki on this one and say that Gray can't absorb from beings far stronger than him.

They could easily pull out a Mob Vs Tatsumaki on this one and say that Gray can't absorb from beings far stronger than him.

IIRC Gray was capable of absorbing ice from Invel, who at the time WAS stronger than him.

That would essentially pull a Ghost Rider vs Lobo, where one has the more reliable methods of incapacitating the other. (Those Lost Ice Shell and Ice Demon Slayer Magic.)

I watched the Erza and Wendy vs Irene fight again and looked at the sites listing for the meteor feat and would like to ask if everyone considered whether Erza was still buffed by Wendy's magic and (Wendy possessed) Irene's Enchantment?

If not I'd like to know whether that would have any affect on splitting the feat between them?

ViperVillian25 said:
I watched the Erza and Wendy vs Irene fight again and looked at the sites listing for the meteor feat and would like to ask if everyone considered whether Erza was still buffed by Wendy's magic and (Wendy possessed) Irene's Enchantment?
If not I'd like to know whether that would have any affect on splitting the feat between them?
According to Death Battle, the speed will not be halved, but the AP may. (Looking at how the Yukari + Mitsuru combo freezing feat)

Why just the AP? Wendy's spell ups all physical attributes and she even mentioned speed by name.

As Irene she notes that her enchantment spells are stronger and once again ups all physical attributes.

If the AP gets halved or third, how would it affect the rest of the characters that scale to it?

Also, a rule of DB that those who are doing the DB Accuracy chart found recently is that the final verdict is based on strongest form vs strongest form for both combatants unless lots of hoops have to be jumped through to achieve said form (like how Captain Marvel has to absorb a lot of energy to become Binary). Basically, there's no option where the opponent blitz the other before transforming that they will consider.

So it's down to Devil Mark Gray vs Esdeath for all intents and purposes

Death Battle uses the reverse ladder for lightning speed.

That's 1/3rd the speed of lightning, they used this speed for Naruto vs Ichigo.

Speed is most likely going to be the same unless they make Gray slower based on their Natsu vs Ace speeds or the meteor's speed.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
Death Battle uses the reverse ladder for lightning speed.
That's 1/3rd the speed of lightning, they used this speed for Naruto vs Ichigo.

Speed is most likely going to be the same unless they make Gray slower based on their Natsu vs Ace speeds or the meteor's speed.
They haven't used that since season 4. Every matchup using lightning since then they used 286, as that's what Strunton uses to calc. See Aang vs Edward as the main example.

They haven't used that since season 4. Every matchup using lightning since then they used 286, as that's what Strunton uses to calc. See Aang vs Edward as the main example.

They used Light Fang to justify "close to light speed" Naruto. And Silver Chariot vs Hanged Man to justify close to light speed Jojo.

They distinguish leader against return stroke. So they have two lightning speed and therefore seemingly inconsistent lightning dodging clocking among all fiction.

Back