• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (3) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Silver Chariot vs Hanged Man is MFTL which Kirsche and Strunton agree on, but weren't part of the research group for.

And we already accepted light fang as relativistic on this wiki, what does that have to do with lightning

@Zephyros

He was referring to an earlier comment about Naruto vs Ichigo since they said they used lightning speed for speed calcs with them, which is false.

Also, quick thing, do we use 286 for all calcs here dealing with lightning, or are there circumstances where the return stroke can be used?

Sorvoe551 said:
@Zephyros
He was referring to an earlier comment about Naruto vs Ichigo since they said they used lightning speed for speed calcs with them, which is false.

Also, quick thing, do we use 286 for all calcs here dealing with lightning, or are there circumstances where the return stroke can be used?
VBW use 440000 m/s or Mach 1282.799 for all lightning feats.

Death Battle uses stepped leader speed for normal lightning speed, which should travel at ~200,000 mph or 89408 m/s (they uses the figure of 98000 m/s or ~Mach 286 though).

If the lightning is determined to be a return stroke, then it is 1/3 to 2/3 speed of light.

Oh yeah preview for Esdeath is out

Death Battle Cast spoilers
Esdeath is invading Fiore with her ice cavalry. Gray tries to stop her and makes a reference to Juvia. The size of the ice cavalry though. Her ISCIC yield scales from the size of her army. So still some calculations and estimatios to do to determine the verdict.
Next Community Death Battle is Frieza vs Megatron (G1 Cartoon). Or Frieza vs Megatron (IDW).

Jasonsith said:
Oh yeah preview for Esdeath is out
Death Battle Cast spoilers
Esdeath is invading Fiore with her ice cavalry. Gray tries to stop her and makes a reference to Juvia. The size of the ice cavalry though. Her ISCIC yield scales from the size of her army. So still some calculations and estimatios to do to determine the verdict.
Next Community Death Battle is Frieza vs Megatron (G1 Cartoon). Or Frieza vs Megatron (IDW).
I think it's fair to say

"Sir,Take the L"

I"ll see how long this play out first Let's be real we knew it was gonna be in play the question comes down to how much will it be put at?

DB tend to give characters shit only to mean nothing in the end at times

Phantom Falcon said:
i mean
she can make the ice cavalries on the spot

or at least enough soldiers so

dont see how they broke the rules
One-by-one which she has never done in an actual fight

This also implies that she'll be able to maintain them

without, yknow

them getting slapped

Thinking back on it, this fight may be closer than it seems. By our rules, it's likely that Gray would win. What I'm concerned about with DB is the answers they provide to these two questions:

1. Will Gray be given Sub-Rel speed through scaling?

2. Will Gray's "Demon Defense Negation" work against Esdeath, aka are FT demons comparable to AGK demons?

That last question is the most important to me since I find it difficult to properly answer with some matches. Bit of an extreme example, but once I was debating a match between Doom Slayer and Daemon Angron from 40K (not on here, in the normie sphere). The DS supporters kept repeating "He can absorb demonic energy, so he wins, hurr durr," but I find it hard to believe that Doom demons are comparable to 40K demons; not just in terms of power, but in terms of what they actually are. I eventually got them to realize how badly DS would lose, but the question as to whether demonic energy is a universal thing in fiction always stuck with me.

I'm almost positive they're gonna have Esdeath win. Apparently she can just casually create her Ice Cavalry, and they may even have her absorb them during the fight, and the only way Gray would win at that point is via sealing but that's doubtful.

IMO Gray should win this, but whatever. Research Team has a boner for Esdeath, I guess.

Esdeath is able to casually make her Ice Calvary, she literally pops an ice horse into existence with a wave of her hand.

However, I still don't see why they would make Gray's Demon Slayer magic be effective against Esdeath just because her ability is called Demon's Extract. It has nothing to do with actual demons, Danger Beasts are just animals of the AGK world.

Foxthefox1000 said:
IMO Gray should win this, but whatever. Research Team has a boner for Esdeath, I guess.
One, the episode isn't even out yet, you don't know that they'll have her win

Two, having spoken to one of the researchers on this episode, he literally doesn't care about either of them, he just researched the character he was assigned to lol

Three, just because someone has a different opinion than you doesn't make them biased, or mean that they're lusting over the character or whatever. Subjectivity is a thing that exists.

ZephyrosOmega said:
IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
Esdeath is able to casually make her Ice Calvary, she literally pops an ice horse into existence with a wave of her hand.'=
Ice cavalry is a different ability from the horse AFAIK
Even if it's not, she has to create them https://i.imgur.com/jBx0Qtq.png one by one
It's the same ability, it's making an animate large horse creature.

It always amazes me when people use my imgur scans against me. Here's the correct translation that removes this "one by one" notion you had.

Either way, here's Esdeath making 4 Ice Calvary with a snap of her finger as she runs down a Capital wall with her Ice Horse.

You can find Esdeath feats in my respect thread I made for her if you want to recall some feats.

The real cal howard said:
Pretty sure in character isn't a problem in Death Battle. One of their rules is bloodlusted with no morals.
The characters' restrictions on killing are removed, but they're attempted to be represented as accurately as possible.

"To ensure a fair fight, all moral restraints from killing are ignored. All other traits are considered."

Aparently, one of the researchers considers that Icy Calvary is a standard part of her arsenal, which I don't understand due the fact that the icy calvary requieres days to be built.

PuasLuisZX said:
Aparently, one of the researchers considers that Icy Calvary is a standard part of her arsenal, which I don't understand due the fact that the icy calvary requieres days to be built.
It literally doesn't, she could make 4 in the snap of a finger.

A scan 5 comments above you shows this.

About who I'd want to win, I don't have a ton of care on this fight. I'd prefer it if Gray won, but that's only because I want good to beat evil. Also because Gray's romantic stint >>>>> Esdeath's. Given I don't really like FT nor AgK, it wouldn't upset me if Esdeath won or lost.

The real cal howard said:
About who I'd want to win, I don't have a ton of care on this fight. I'd prefer it if Gray won, but that's only because I want good to beat evil. Also because Gray's romantic stint >>>>> Esdeath's. Given I don't really like FT nor AgK, it wouldn't upset me if Esdeath won or lost.
As I said this fight is practically boils down to how interprets there feats and Ice abilities

We already said even if she can make the Cavalry Gray can just absorb them. And even then, how do we know her making those 4 in that scan had her "storing energy" within them? We don't. Either way, the Cavalry are glass cannons and could just replenish and buff Gray.

Her only hope is to be given an AP in the petatons for being able to create one in an army of 10000 that when absorbed equated to the exatons. And we have to assune she can always casually output that energy and that it also scales to her durability (unsupported btw).

Esdeath's wincons are just reaches. You have to reach to give her the higher AP, you have to reach to assume that AP equates to her durability because fiction is very inconistent in terms of magical energy like that, and you have to reach to assume her hax and powers would help aid her. Hell, we don't even know if their magical AP scales to physical AP and if that storm sge created isn't just some environmental shit that doesn't scale to AP because her only tactic when absorbing thag energy was to create the storm that did nothing but cause icy weather.

The whole thing just seems sketchy. There isn't anything clear about a victory in Esdeath's favor. Gray winning from speed and sealing is clear. But her havinf AP is still a debate. How her powers work is a debate. Almost everything about her and her advantages is "debatable". Is that really enough of a solid ground to grant her a win on?

It seems to me like if you take the debatable aspects of this fight out, there's a clear winner, and it's not the for some reason popular pick on the DBwiki.

Yeah, I'm pretty much with fox on everything except the storm (I do think it scales to physicality though i'm neutral on it fully scaling). Esdeath might get the win on Screwattack, but realistically Gray takes it handily.

Foxthefox1000 said:
^ He has the AP advantage on this site currently and is quicker.
He's quicker on this site but doesn't have an AP advantage unless his profile isn't updated.

If this were Comicvine, OBD, or WWW then it's hilariously in Esdeath's favor for stats there too.

Back