• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute, does this mean I could potentially get him to do SMG4 Mario vs. Speedrunner Mario?
This is for the custom battle music made by Brandon Yates.

This is the third thread for this. Whether or not two were needed is unclear.
This is because by the time I polish and publish the true second thread you published another "second" thread without polishing.

If you have refurbished your thread, I will rename mine as the third Season Eight thread.

I know this is 13:50 in Singapore and 01:50 in New York so someone needs to go to bed and I need to go to work.

This is for the custom battle music made by Brandon Yates.

This is because by the time I polish and publish the true second thread you published another "second" thread without polishing.

If you have refurbished your thread, I will rename mine as the third Season Eight thread.

I know this is 13:50 in Singapore and 01:50 in New York so someone needs to go to bed and I need to go to work.
That's what I meant: I could get Brandon Yates to do that matchup.

Since S8A is gone and pass I'll just my final thoughts on the first matchups

Yoda vs Mickey:
Poor Yoda getting clapped. Loved the interaction between the two. Animation was great. OST was wonderful. No complaints.

Ryuko vs Shadow:
I haven't seen KLK yet (on my neglected anime watchlist), but I did enjoy the episode even if it was a stomp. The OST was kickass, still listening to it to this day. Animation was solid, voice acting was great. No complaints.

Doom vs Lex:
Ugh Marvel vs DC. At least Doom is cool, Lex is alright from what I can tell. Had 0 investments and expectations so I was pleasantly surprised and entertained. I thought Lex's "Superman" moment was pretty cool and the finishing blow to be pretty brutal which I love. I liked the OST.

Mikasa vs Blake:
AoT is on my neglected anime watchlist as well. Yeah I live under a rock when it comes to a lot of anime/manga sue me. I actually never watched RWBY prior to this episode and actually decided to watch the entire series for the first time a month ago. so I didn't care for either Blake or Mikasa. I still don't care about Blake after watching RWBY. Anyways, I can see past the framerate and iffy movements (Mikasa punching Blake). I enjoyed the matchup. The OST really held everything together. Solid fight. I can totally understand how different eyes can dislike the fight though.

Po vs IF:
I'm surprised to read that some of you were disappointed in this episode. I thought it was amazing, save for the OST which yes it's really underwhelming. I haven't seen the Po tv series, only the 3 movies, so I had no idea about the meteor shield feat. That's pretty neat. I thought the fight was great and the interaction between the two was spot on. Maybe it's because I had 0 expectations going in its why I loved it so much. Who knows? Though I can probably relate to how disappointed some of you were with this episode with this next one...

Star vs Steven
Ok....good stuff first: Cute and solid animation(too short though). LOVED The Warnicorne Stampede vs Melon Stevens. LOVED how Steven went pink. state Ok now all the negatives: It wasn't hand drawn. No Monster Steven vs Rainbow Armor Star. No BFR to a different dimension. Hardly any of Star's hax was used or mentioned. The analysis was pretty bad, it's like they handpick chose Star's feats and stuff from a basket and discarded everything else. Steven's faster because he dodged pew pew lasers? Star has that too. She killed him with a laser yet she's slower than the guy who dodged lasers? since Death Battle was lenient to both of them, why not include more of Star's stuff that's seen in the show. Like how she one-shotted a living sun, Rhombolus freezing a black hole, Omnitraxus stuff, and the laser dodging stuff? Even if one is to argue that a lot of Star's stuff is unquantifiable, they're still feats and it's better than "this laser can bust a planet trustmebro" justification. No mention of Dip Down either. I'm honestly surprised the fight isn't downvoted like crazy on YT. I'm glad Star won and while I didn't expect the crazy MFTL speed calcs I saw floating around for either of them, I think they could've included more in the analysis and on the fight animation. So I'm overall ok with this episode. Loved the OST!

Link vs Cloud.
Never understood why this was a popular matchup in the first place. I knew Cloud was going to win, because why else do this episode? I thought the fight was great, though a bit too one-sided with Cloud pretty much no-selling everything Link threw at him. Link being 10% speed of light because he rolled over a laser was pretty dumb though. Cloud being 1200x FTL is also pretty iffy. OST was great and I'm glad they included a lot of Links' arsenal. Solid OST and episode overall.

Alright, now onto the new season!

maxresdefault.jpg

Lloyd Garmadon VS Takanuva (Ninjago VS Bionicles)
OST Name: Light of Destiny

Last edited:
Since S8A is gone and pass I'll just my final thoughts on the first matchups

Yoda vs Mickey:
Poor Yoda getting clapped. Loved the interaction between the two. Animation was great. OST was wonderful. No complaints.

Ryuko vs Shadow:
I haven't seen KLK yet (on my neglected anime watchlist), but I did enjoy the episode even if it was a stomp. The OST was kickass, still listening to it to this day. Animation was solid, voice acting was great. No complaints.

Doom vs Lex:
Ugh Marvel vs DC. At least Doom is cool, Lex is alright from what I can tell. Had 0 investments and expectations so I was pleasantly surprised and entertained. I thought Lex's "Superman" moment was pretty cool and the finishing blow to be pretty brutal which I love. I liked the OST.

Mikasa vs Blake:
AoT is on my neglected anime watchlist as well. Yeah I live under a rock when it comes to a lot of anime/manga sue me. I actually never watched RWBY prior to this episode and actually decided to watch the entire series for the first time a month ago. so I didn't care for either Blake or Mikasa. I still don't care about Blake after watching RWBY. Anyways, I can see past the framerate and iffy movements (Mikasa punching Blake). I enjoyed the matchup. The OST really held everything together. Solid fight. I can totally understand how different eyes can dislike the fight though.

Po vs IF:
I'm surprised to read that some of you were disappointed in this episode. I thought it was amazing, save for the OST which yes it's really underwhelming. I haven't seen the Po tv series, only the 3 movies, so I had no idea about the meteor shield feat. That's pretty neat. I thought the fight was great and the interaction between the two was spot on. Maybe it's because I had 0 expectations going in its why I loved it so much. Who knows? Though I can probably relate to how disappointed some of you were with this episode with this next one...

Star vs Steven
Ok....good stuff first: Cute and solid animation(too short though). LOVED The Warnicorne Stampede vs Melon Stevens. LOVED how Steven went pink. state Ok now all the negatives: It wasn't hand drawn. No Monster Steven vs Rainbow Armor Star. No BFR to a different dimension. Hardly any of Star's hax was used or mentioned. The analysis was pretty bad, it's like they handpick chose Star's feats and stuff from a basket and discarded everything else. Steven's faster because he dodged pew pew lasers? Star has that too. She killed him with a laser yet she's slower than the guy who dodged lasers? since Death Battle was lenient to both of them, why not include more of Star's stuff that's seen in the show. Like how she one-shotted a living sun, Rhombolus freezing a black hole, Omnitraxus stuff, and the laser dodging stuff? Even if one is to argue that a lot of Star's stuff is unquantifiable, they're still feats and it's better than "this laser can bust a planet trustmebro" justification. No mention of Dip Down either. I'm honestly surprised the fight isn't downvoted like crazy on YT. I'm glad Star won and while I didn't expect the crazy MFTL speed calcs I saw floating around for either of them, I think they could've included more in the analysis and on the fight animation. So I'm overall ok with this episode. Loved the OST!

Link vs Cloud.
Never understood why this was a popular matchup in the first place. I knew Cloud was going to win, because why else do this episode? I thought the fight was great, though a bit too one-sided with Cloud pretty much no-selling everything Link threw at him. Link being 10% speed of light because he rolled over a laser was pretty dumb though. Cloud being 1200x FTL is also pretty iffy. OST was great and I'm glad they included a lot of Links' arsenal. Solid OST and episode overall.

Alright, now onto the new season!
I still have to watch KLK, but I’m afraid to because I have younger siblings

Confirmed:
  • Iron Man vs Batman
  • Kool-Aid Man vs Macho Man Randy Savage
  • Aizen vs Madara
Unknown:
  • Korra vs ? (Likely Rey or Delsin, betting on the former)
  • Alucard vs ? (Absolutely gonna be DIO, would be shocked if it's anyone else)
  • Akuma vs ? (Shao Kahn, maybe it could be Raoh? Would expect Kahn to get top billing but who knows with Akuma)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back