• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (3) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Big Brain Chad said:
y do u guys still care about Death Battle?

its been shit since S3 lol

Ben and Chad are complete hacks that can't even do basic math
It is the other way round: Death Battle is less shitty from Season 5 onwards. We have less the likes of Rogue VS Wonder Woman, Bomberman VS Dig Dug, Link VS Cloud, Luigi VS Tails, Gaara VS Toph, Guts VS Nightmare, Yang VS Tifa, Meta VS Carolina and more.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Something Something "esdeath is 16 exatons lol"

Even though if Esdeath scaled to the exact energy output of her storm, then one attack would expend all its energy
If Death Battle workers believe in 16 exaton TNT Esdeath, why do they not believe in 7-B Johnny Cage, which should let him defeat High 7-C Captain Falcon?

Season 3 also had Shadow vs Mewtwo which was complete shit for me not because it was innacurate (which was) but because they portrayed Shadow awfuly there

Actually, if I may ask one question regarding Grays ice resistance: The proof that it is a resistance and not an immunity is the fight with Invel. But Invel states, that his ice is capable of freezing the ice of others. There is later a scene, where Gray actually copies Invel's ice as stated by Invel himself. Couldn't that mean, that Invel's ice has magical properties, that ignore ice immunity (he himself stated that his ice ignores such stuff) instead of simply being too powerful or too cold? This would also fit better with FT lore, where Slayers are immune to their own element (excetion being other Slayer Magic - basically magic with Special magical proportions)? Just asking, since this contradiction between Lore and Show rubs me in the wrong way somehow.

Basically it happens in chapter 500 of the Fairy Tail manga. Invel states, that his ice is ice from the depths of the underworld (potentially different from the ice that Esdeath uses). A few pages later Invel states, that Gray is using ice of the same properties as his armor (again: properties not coldness) and survives the all freezing effect of the armor.

"Is shown to be an equal to Erza Scarlet, who is one of the strongest Fairy Tail Members"

Yikes, that is not entirely correct, Gray is somewhat comparable, but not exactly equal, also the Invel calc is very wrong since they're assuming that Invel made an entire storm over the entire country, even if that were true, the country was at the time 1/20th it's original size

The 1/20th was taken into account.

"However, Gray can reach even higher. Invel was capable of creating a blizzard that covered most of Fiore. Now granted, Fiore was 1/20th of its size at that time, but this calc has Fiore at 5132.8 kilometers wide. That's bigger than the U.S. 1/20th of that would be around 200 kilometers wide. Assuming it happened at the center and using the 4 second timeframe from the anime, I got around 63.17 teratons of TNT, which is country level. However, the context of this arc matters as well: Invel and his guild were trying to take over the Fairy Tail guild, so it was off center based on the map. This increases the result by a good bit. Assuming the blizzard formed at where Fairy Tail is located and extended up to the coast as the radius, you get around 390 teratons of TNT, which is large country level."

The fact this debate between Esdeath and Gray, is still going strong is actually impressive, I can't remember the last time there was a match-up that sparked such debate on this site.

Kirsche calced the storm at 441 petatons. the Calc group calced it at 16 exatons. I'd wager DB will likely use the former, but I don't think it'll matter either way.

I'm just saying given DB tends To lowball here and there a bit

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not lol.

But as someone who contributed a bit to this blog, yeah a lot of the scans and wording is from the respect thread. Apologies for the plagiarism.

Yeah, we didn't think to do something like that. Again, apologies.

There was a bit of debate over translations, mainly for the timestop resistance stuff. There was a bit of arguing over it, and it was brought up how using different translations suggests entirely different things about how Tatsumi moving in the time stop worked. IE I believe one translation directly links him adapting to the tundras as a reason for him moving in it, while another simply brings it up as an example of Incursio's adapatation abilties. It's just one line of dialogue from Esdeath, but it completely changes the context how her timestop was resisted depending on what translation you use.

That actually was brought up, mainly due to your old thread on this site about resisting her timestop where you posted a scan of it lol. That was linked a few times. The translation thing was just an example to show how finicky the argument for it being simple cold resistance that allowed Tatsumi to move could be.

Ultimately different people on the blog went with different interpretations of it, but I can at least say that I and a few other people vouched for cold resist not being enough to resist her timestop. I think it's addressed in a few of the verdicts?

Oh, thank you lol.

But yeah there were a lot of the arguments over the verdict here, which is why it ended up with a tie. I think DB is gonna have Esdeath win, but eh, who knows. Lot of debatable factors here. I blame how the two series are written.

VBW use 440000 m/s or Mach 1282.799 for all lightning feats.

Death Battle uses stepped leader speed for normal lightning speed, which should travel at ~200,000 mph or 89408 m/s (they uses the figure of 98000 m/s or ~Mach 286 though).

If the lightning is determined to be a return stroke, then it is 1/3 to 2/3 speed of light.

1. Since Death Battle uses Mach 286 lightning (unless said lightning is deemed a return stroke), does that further discounts the speed of Esdeath (and of Akame and Tatsumi)?

2. How will Death Battle interpret preparation? Batman has preparation but Death Battle always ban prep time Batman. And full power ISCIC (where the petaton TNT to exaton TNT figures come from) requires > 3 days preparation work on creating and amping around 100,000 Ice Cavalry one by one to boot up.

One may argue the attack still has the effect of boosting the ice general up to ~400 teraton TNT, but that already gets close to the ~200 teraton TNT feat by Erza and ~390 teraton TNT feat by Invel. (I mean, 1% to 2 times as strong AP advantage.)

I can't speak for the research team, but the G1 group collectively agreed that the best way to scale the storm would be to divide its total yield by each soldier.

That said, it would be hard to say that Esdeath scales 1:1 to that, as if her power in this state matched the output of the storm, then one hit would dispel it. Realistically, I think it's reasonable to scale her to the other feats in the verse and leave it at that.

And yeah, Gray would be anywhere from 100 to 500 times faster depending on the end you use (Higher if you consider that Esdeath's speed feat accounted for a straight line despite the fact that the lightning zig-zagged, which would shave a chunk off of the yield)

ZephyrosOmega said:
I can't speak for the research team, but the G1 group collectively agreed that the best way to scale the storm would be to divide its total yield by each soldier.
That said, it would be hard to say that Esdeath scales 1:1 to that, as if her power in this state matched the output of the storm, then one hit would dispel it. Realistically, I think it's reasonable to scale her to the other feats in the verse and leave it at that.
It wasn't collectively agreed, only 3 of the 16 pointed it out.

They also pointed out issues with this because they assumed Esdeath made 10,000 soldiers and then divided the timeframe of few days which gave them Esdeath having a 1.1 petaton casual output since they assumed she could make an Ice Calvary every 12 seconds. The glaring issue that she's shown to make 4 with a snap of her finger.

There's a lot of assumption being done here.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
ZephyrosOmega said:
It wasn't collectively agreed, only 3 of the 16 pointed it out.
They also pointed out issues with this because they assumed Esdeath made 10,000 soldiers and then divided the timeframe of few days which gave them Esdeath having a 1.1 petaton casual output since they assumed she could make an Ice Calvary every 12 seconds. The glaring issue that she's shown to make 4 with a snap of her finger.

There's a lot of assumption being done here.
I don't remember you. Were you actually ON the G1 discord?

Nah, pretty sure he's just commenting on the blog itself and what some of the verdicts said.

A few of the verdicts in the blog mention the whole "divide 10000 by three days" thing being a dubious method of working things out, but do it anwyays as like a hypothetical. Some of the others just give her the full CIC.

Back