• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (3) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Jasonsith said:
Newendigo said:
Going by the comments (no spoiler tags), seems I was right, the battle turn out to be the first down of the season.
Gray vs Eseath is not quite a down - people are just very mixed with their own verdicts and those from the Death Battle crew.
Yeah, while I thought the calcs they had were off, I thought the results were good enough.

Honestly, I thought Grey was going to win with his Ice Resistances along with his Ice Demon Magic but I feel like the way abilities work in the Fairy Tail universe and the Akame Ga Kill universe don't mesh well considering on how individuals interpret his and Esdeath's feats.

For the next death battle, I hope the Pokemon gets a win (barring the battle royale).

As for Akame, I really hope she fights against Ryuko someday.

Foxthefox1000 said:
Also, would this be the 3rd MK character to lose in a row?
I hope not, i'm not ready to witness my favourite franchise going on a losing streak..It makes me worried about who they're gonna put Noob up against. Absolutely don't want one of my favourite characters losing (Sorry if i seem so biased)

I... wouldn't blame Death Battle itself for Yang vs Tifa, to be honest. Giving the timing it took place, who knows what kind of behind the scenes may have tied their hands in that regard. *Scatches head* Not to mention, you'd be surprised how many people genuinely believed FFVII was Wall Level at best due to Advent Children, at least until recently, and everything that happened in the original game were just "Gameplay Mechanics".

I'm a bit lost, though, apologies, mostly because I know very little about Gray or Esdeath. Did take a look at their research and all. What's the controversial part of it? Was the winner wanked, the loser downplayed or such? This is a genuine question BTW, don't get me wrong.

Honestly, yes, Leone is an absolutely perfect matchup for Tifa. She's kinda like Yang's wilder cousin =P

@Fox: Well, don't want to get picky on it, but to be fair there were a couple of things that could have been done better. They essentially glossed over speed when one of Vergil's main attributes is how quick and precise his style is. They essentially disregarded the Yamato's main function based on a single scene and didn't bring up the Force Edge (even if it hadn't helped Vergil it could have been explained in one of the notes, kinda like "The Force Edge wouldn't have helped Vergil because X, Y and Z")

Back