• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LMK if anything regarding ‘how to hype an episode’ comes up.

totally not typing this so my notifs will play ball in the morning
LMK2 - I have a list of MUs on my own.

The poor performance of Warner Bros
Not just Warner Bros, but the whole Hollywood in general. Perhaps some platforms and individuals manage to make their own fortune but this is a small population.

People in Asia question why Dragon Ball Super and My Hero Academia and Demon Slayer and Jujutsu Kaisen and Chainsaw Man and the other Japan ACGN works (like Paripi Koumei and Spy X Family) do so well in North America. I cannot exactly spell the answer but we can see the pattern.

And new thread and thus the wheel continues to turn towards entropy...

Any who, it'll be nice to see a relatively more grounded street level fight after all the crazy cosmic/high hax battles we've gotten in the first half.
Yeah, I'm really excited to see it. I hope we get some good choreography out of it. Good martial arts/hand to hand fighting kind of disappears the higher in scale/more hax related you get, and that's something this fight could definitely provide in spades

once again
Season 9 second half episode order prediction:

Sept 4th: Bondwick
Sept 18th: Unteased???? episode (Sprite)
October 2nd: Trunks vs Silver (Sprite)
October 16th: Black Adam vs Apocolpyse (Sprite)
October 30th: Halloween episode/Unteased episode. Hopefully Jason vs Michael (Live Action or 3D)
November 13th: Sauron vs ???? (Sprite)
November 27th: ??? episode (Sprite)
December 11th: Season finale (3D/mix)

Usually a Death Battle episode is planned at least half a year ago.

So expect this song be about later episodes or even Season 10 episodes should we?

Is it just me I find the vocal version (the music with lyrics) be additionally added later on the first music. (Like the commissioner pays for the first music at one set price, then adds extra money to hire a vocal for that.)

Separate topic: after the vocal version is anyone actually more hyped than before upon I-No vs Homura Akemi?

And... What about this?

How the lyric version compares to the music only piece on this Tsukuyomi (Final Fantasy) vs Malos (Xenoblade) matchup?

Last edited:
Wait a damn minute...
Fa4iGF2X0AAPb-k

i-no-character-artwork-guilty-gear-strive-altar-of-gaming.png.webp

I might be digging too deeply for something here, but hmmm...

We could have a gigathread and assert dominance in views if we only had 1 single DB thread instead of always splitting it :V
If VBW can support adding at least 25 tags per thread instead of only 10 by one person.

Wait a damn minute...
Fa4iGF2X0AAPb-k

i-no-character-artwork-guilty-gear-strive-altar-of-gaming.png.webp

I might be digging too deeply for something here, but hmmm...
So I-No vs Homura Akemi is actually a thing? Or are I-No and Homu fighting against other time manipulation characters?

So I-No vs Homura Akemi is actually a thing? Or are I-No and Homu fighting against other time manipulation characters?
I'm mostly joking, I think it's just a coincidence. That would be hilarious if I actually called I-No though.

Brandon did say one of his commissioned tracks was a fight this season, and this definitely would have been in development or have released by the time he said that.

The thing with Kirby is that he gets blown out of proportion. People think he's some unbeatable God that can beat every character ever. He's become one of the most wanked characters in fiction.

And not to start anything, but his feats should be given more scrutiny. 99% of the stars in his universe barely qualify for actual stars, Planet Pop Star has been called small by official sources more consistently, the Meteor feat has "planets" or "meteors" depending on your view that would be hundreds of lightyears across going by the counter people love to use. Megaton Punch is itself contradictory and it's issues are well-known. The only evidence we have for Pop Star and the planets being actual planet-sized is a headcanon based around Shiver Star, but Kirby's universe and cosmology allow for weirdly shaped planets and for smaller planets than even Pop Star (if the maps are even depicting accurate sizes which is also inconsistent) to have rings around them.

Any feat with "stars" in the background needs to be taken with a grain of salt realistically given the inconsistent sizes of "stars" in Kirby and what they call stars, for example, the AD example people use shows planets and stars, but said planets are almost as big as the star they're orbiting. We saw a "sun" orbiting Pop Star before. Not to mention Kirby himself is tiny and his world is literally called tiny by official sources, implying everything is at a smaller scale.

But no one brings these up. For some reason, verses like Mario or Metal Gear get hit with ******* essays analyzing every single inconsistency and apply harsh scrutiny to every single feat done in the verse, but Kirby gets so little by comparison. Same for Sonic in a way.

No one also brings up the fact Kirby had the power of the Heart Spears empowering him during Star Allies which are Void's literal weakness. A pink heart from them hits Kirby and gives him his friend hearts, and in the finale battle four Spears appear to boost the vehicle into the Sparkler, the very thing Kirby used to beam clash with Void. I really don't like that scaling personally, but I just never brought it up before. Kirby was literally boosted and empowered the entire time and then given a very clear amp to fight Void. His soul and insides of his body are logically weaker than the outside o
his body.

And how do we know that Magolor collapsed multiple parts of AD? If we're using that wave from the other levels that existed before you even fight Magolor.

In the cutscenes Kirby and Marx can be seen next to the "planet-sized" objects and they're not that big. The galaxies we've seen have "stars" behind or next to them that are a significant size of said "Galaxy".

And the justifications for the current profiles I'm sorry but they're not that great. I can barely understand what they're trying to say. How do we get Low Multiverse from just listing people they scale to and the fact AD has other dimensions? Did anyone explicitly destroy said dimensions at the same time? Create them all at the same time? Manipulate the entirety of AD? I don't quite understand it.

Anyways, I know how this site is with stuff these are controversial takes but I can't help it. The justifications are a mess and are given no scrutiny despite the verses having inaccurate celestial bodies and varying sizes for these celestial bodies that makes certain feats iffy, as well as the fact it's all based on a headcanon that Shiver Star is Earth-sized due to looking like Earth when Earth has already stated to exist and Pop Star is frequently called small even when Earth was in the same sentence, not to mention Pop Star suffering from the Roche Limit implying it's smaller than the Forgotten World AND while people hate it, Megaton Punch can also be proof of it's smaller size since it gives a canon measurement of strength, as well as Gigaton Punch (Japanese name) since it shows the meters the crack travels and it only takes 999 meters to get to the other side of the parallel Pop Star, which cannot be smaller.

And also if people call those things in Kirby's meteor feat planets than that just shows even more how small the cosmology is.

We have way more consistent statements and measurements showing the world is smaller as well as Canon stuff like it suffering the Roche Limit or the meters it takes to reach the other side of the planet and only headcanon to prove it's apparently not, and a headcanon with another "planet" which have shown can vary greatly in Kirby.

Anyways, I expect to get hate for this and tons of people arguing with me or "debunking" me but I don't think my opinions will change.
When Kirby is now here at least 3-C likely 2-C...

At least this justifies a split of Kirby into different keys or even profiles for different eras and incarnations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back