• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (3) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Jasonsith

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
You know the drill by now folks! We talk about everything DEATH BATTLE here!

Continued from here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here

Warp gate

Fights since this thread has started:

Done in the past:

Ep 122: Leonardo (4Kids) vs Jason Lee Scott

Ep 123: Genos vs War Machine (Marvel Comics)

Coming:

Ep 124: Gray Fullbuster vs Esdeath

Content included in this thread:

- Predictions on what fights we will be seeing

- Predictions on who will win when the season starts

- Discussions about Death Battle Cast (sometimes DBX and sometimes anything Screwattack or even Rooster Teeth)

- And much more!

The Spoiler Tag (VSBW)
And please... the illustration just shows how to make a spoiler tag - useful for discussing spoilers before a Death Battle episode gets launched on YouTube.

Hope Ep 125 is also hype. I do like the current match we have.

My hope is for Alex VS Cole but I think a Link VS Cloud or Master Chief VS Doomguy rematch are likely

@Newendigo doubt it that was a level of shitstorm no one saw coming

This fight is gonna be close and Gonna come down to How they scale the characters and Esdeath time stop along with her possibly having access to CiC

I sincerely doubt Esdeath vs Gray will produce the rage that Ben VS. Hal did. Unless they did a match where Saitama lost, there's no way that would ever happen

They'll never touch Saitama. All his major opponents (which tbh is just Supes and Goku) stomp the shit out of him, and they know it, given they put Saitama against Krilli in a community death battle. Their best bet is to April Fools with a fight with Bugs or Squirrel Girl.

Yeah, like if Esdeath wins I doubt there will be rage and if Gray wins there will be the usual FT haters but even then I doubt that many FT people will show up just to get angry

the agk fandom is pretty chill and FT gets shit on a lot so they have thick skin by this point

Ben 10 and Green Lantern on the other hand, two characters that were really important to people's childhoods, now that was going to get an outrage no matter who won

I predicted it would cause a lot of rage. It seemed like an easy parallel to Goku VS Supes in a childhood hero that's constantly hyped up VS a broken ass mofo from comics.

The real cal howard said:
They'll never touch Saitama. All his major opponents (which tbh is just Supes and Goku) stomp the shit out of him, and they know it, given they put Saitama against Krilli in a community death battle. Their best bet is to April Fools with a fight with Bugs or Squirrel Girl.
Popeye also godstomps, but i feel like he would be the best bet for a serious battle.

He's a childhood cartoon gag character with no rivalry among other fanbases, and is already recognized for being ridiculously physically strong and unbeatable (while spinach fueled).

Also, if they wank CSRC to destroying stars via the databook statement and tune down popeye's toon force hax they can actually trade blows for some time

What's funny is that unless FTL Popeye exists, Saitama scales above FTL feats and would be faster.

Alsl, if you wank him tk Star, that plus FTL would REALLY help against Krillin.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Yeah, like if Esdeath wins I doubt there will be rage and if Gray wins there will be the usual FT haters but even then I doubt that many FT people will show up just to get angry

the agk fandom is pretty chill and FT gets shit on a lot so they have thick skin by this point

Ben 10 and Green Lantern on the other hand, two characters that were really important to people's childhoods, now that was going to get an outrage no matter who won
Was it really? Ben I get due to Kuro overhyping him but I assumed folks wouldn't care if Hal took the L compared to the salt when Ben lost

Yeah, I have hope that it doesn't turn into a shitstorm...

AgK doesn't seem active in the current years, so I doutb that the fight will be as heard as other ones with more popular verses currently.

Death Battle Episode 124-related

By a calculation of one storm feat, Esdeath can gather 411 petatons of TNT worth of energy within three days.

This also means that she should be able to gather 0.001585648 petatons of TNT worth of energy within a single second

This logic was brought to you by Kirsche, from the DB research team.

What is not BS: ISCIC is an attack to perform by three days prep. Also the side effect of the storm vastly increases her attack potency and power reserves, giving Esdeath a super form if you would say.

So a 1.585648 Teratons TNT would be the the true limit of base Esdeath. And 411 petaton TNT is the maximum power reserve by Esdeath with prep.

Okay so actually a 6-A Esdeath is very unlikely but for the sake of no prep time presumption but a 22.58 Teratons TNT Esdeath is actually possible - again, in ISCIC activated mode.

A Fairy Tail feat to compare just in case. But how does it mean to Gray Fullbuster? Like "Gray, who recently inherited his father Silver's Magic, was able to completely freeze multiple twisters from Tempester who was in his Etherious Form" so 6-A Gray with Ice Devil Slayer Magic?

Some treasure I dug up. See if you believe it is real, meshed real figures, or totally made up.

I don't think gray scales to etherion.

Unrelated to that, one of our members was curious as to why the level of energy was per second. "Also I still don't know why per second? It's kind of an arbitrary timeframe. It'd be like dividing Invel's storm feat by 4 since it took him 4 seconds. It isn't like she's only gonna have access to 1 second's worth of energy in the fight."

I just hope they get info about both of them right

If they scale Gray to Etherion because he should be equal to Natsu, that's flawed in many aspects, as for the Esdeath, if they use that 6-A feat, then that's just silly

I do think Esdeath wins, but I pray they say so for the right reasons

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I just hope they get info about both of them right

If they scale Gray to Etherion because he should be equal to Natsu, that's flawed in many aspects, as for the Esdeath, if they use that 6-A feat, then that's just silly

I do think Esdeath wins, but I pray they say so for the right reasons
Well going ultraguy blog profiles for both characters it's seems likely gray squeezes out a W in this fight

Who wants to bet that the battle of Esdeath vs Gray Fullbuster will include a moment tof Esdeath going head over heels for Gray after seeing his Ice abilities and suddenly not wearing any clothes?

I remember when Esdeath fell for Tatsumi she had just presented the fat bastard shota king helper a long list of her requirements in a man. Now i feel tempted to reread the chapter and see if Gray meets the criterias

Epiccheev said:
I remember when Esdeath fell for Tatsumi she had just presented the fat bastard shota king helper a long list of her requirements in a man. Now i feel tempted to reread the chapter and see if Gray meets the criterias
Someone from the DB wiki mentioned this thinks this 1. Gray actually hasn't reached his full potential, as Fairy Tail's sequal series is ongoing.

2. Gray's got some balls of steel (err, ice).

3. By the nature of this crossover fight, he's not native to the capital.

4. Gray's 18 years old, while Esdeath is in her early 20s, presumably.

5. Hey, Gray's got a nice smile. He can do that if he wants.

Continental comes from the current argument for Esdeath of "Even 1% of the results for the CiC calc is still higher than Gray's peak, so she should be able to output that 1% of power in base pretty easily"

The argument is that even providing a small percentage of that power for like x amount of seconds, the apparent energy that would be stored in those seconds would have her be able to output energy higher than Gray's or some shit

But then again there's the "Even if CiC was 100x stronger and a big boost (which it isn't), vase Esdeath woulf still be in the low petatons" argument. I argued that's calc-stacking and that this whole argument is flimsy based on hypotheticals as we don't know exactly what she did during the 3 days. All we know is she "stored power" and created her ice cavalry to house that power. Can she do it mid-fight? Likely not, I'd argue. Can she keep a faster opponent like Gray at bay before she does it? Likely not.

Hell, I could make an argument that holds equal weight based on the hypothetical nature of it all that Esdeath storing that power could make her weaker in base as she does it since it's inately expelling energy before she absorbs them all because we don't know how it works at all beyond "storing energy for 3 days". It could be that she expels all of her energy into a few, takes some time to recuperate and gain her energy bacl, and then repeats the process over and over until the 3 days limit is up. IIRC we just don't know, and as such, any argument regarding what she could possibly do during the charging time is hypothetical at best.

Back