• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (3) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Tbf they're not THAT far above his limit. He also doesn't have to consume them all, but just tiny bits after he destroys them. Those tiny fractions of the power would still boost him throughout the fight and leave her unable to defemd or amp herself because her attacks are being dodged and countered left and right by an opponent much quicker than her.

I don't see why they'd think the Ice Cavalry have durability that scales to the energy stored inside them given they can be defeated by people much weaker than Esdeath, but I assume that might be something they try and reason as part of the verdict.

The "it's too much" thing would be annoying if that's the reasoning for why they thought Esdeath would win. Slayers eat attacks from people way stronger than them all the time.

DragonEmperor23 said:
The "it's too much" thing would be annoying if that's the reasoning for why they thought Esdeath would win. Slayers eat attacks from people way stronger than them all the time.
not attacks quite literally thousands of times more powerful than them

I think people put too much stock into stats, there's quite a considerable difference when it comes their strategies and intelligence.

Also Gray's stamina and magic limits are lower than Esdeath's, and yes I know he can just eat her ice to replenish them, but what happens when she stops feeding him.

It could lead to a Esdeath W but then again Jotaro had his music played towards the end yet he lost to kenshiro Hell towards the end of emerald heroes would had you think Ben wins at the end and IF I'm not mistaken the same with Mario vs sonic round 2. So I feel like either could win

The real cal howard said:
On a semi-related note, could Gray eat things like liquid nitrogen?
Probably. I think I remember Natsu being able to eat molten metal in an anime filler, so I don't see that being too much of a reach. (Ik filler's noncanon, im just saying)

Phantom Falcon said:
DragonEmperor23 said:
not attacks quite literally thousands of times more powerful than them
Natsu can absorb flames from Ignia and then become Ignia's level

Unless you want to suggest that Natsu should scale to Ignia in base, in which case Gray by proxy is also continent level and wins even harder by being superior to every feat in AGK (If Esdeath actually scaled to the full energy output of her storm then one attack would completely dispel it)

This wasn't the chorus tho, this was Esdeath straight-up having the last verse as the song itself fades. I mean, look at the lyrics here

"You took the words from my mouth
Soon the only Guild that you'll serve is the frost on the ground
Temperature's still going dow
This still goes around, and it's only getting Colder
All things too white, hope you've got your closure
Close your eyes, this is polar
Your final mistake when you chose to face me
Hell's more likely to freeze"

Who was singing at the moment pretty much never had any bearing on the fight in previous fights. Like Miles vs Vergil the fight didn't really care whose verse was up to determine who was winning at the moment. Usually unless it's somethng super obvious, like Jack's theme playing at the end of Jack vs Afro, I wouldn't really care too much for the song.

Foxthefox1000 said:
Even that reasoning is flawed when Esdeath's arsenal and amp via those soldiers can just be absorbed by Gray and then HE gets the amp. But I get what you're saying and I can see that happening.

Also, people saying her durability scales to the stored power is unsupported and can be countered by the fact humans consume and sustain more energy needed to simply have their body function than what they can produce in a punch IIRC. Her body can store that power, yes, but it does not mean she can casually produce that much energy in a single punch, and we don't even know how she's able to store the power within them anyways. It's all assumptions.
Sure you try to argue the same in somewhere else but some people do not understand your ideas.

A normal human will (get hurt but still) survive a fall from one or even two meters (not having head on first). ("Generally, any unsafe landing over twenty one feet - roughly 6.4 meters - is guaranteed to break a bone.") But it takes some top professional boxers to deliver some 1000 Joule punch. A human is designed to absorb more energy than being able to deliver.

So Gray being able to absorb an energy from a 6-A should be more than enough to absorb a 6-B attack. Not to say Gray can just Lost Iced Shell

The track cover though.

"The track cover depicts two icy Fairy Tail Guild logos overlapping each over with the mark of Esdeath's Teigu encased in ice in the center of it while snow is falling behind them."

This reminds me of the track covers of Optimus Prime VS Gundam, Dragonzord VS Mechagodzilla, Deadpool VS Mask and Leonardo VS Red Ranger Jason. People are saying the lyrics spoils that the female singing the last line means Esdeath is the last one standing, but the track cover seems to say that the male seals the female away and wins. The fact that the Screwattack crew acknowledging Lost Iced Shell and Ice Storm Commander In Chief means that they acknowledge Ice Storm Commander In Chief as a prep time attack which also has statistics amplification effect, while Lost Iced Shell as a sealing move that can incapacitate weaker users (recalling Evil Container Wave by Master Roshi).

It is unlikely but is anyone looking forward towards Gray hugging Juvia in a church and Esdeath hugging Tatsumi in hell (at the aftermath scene)?

Something Something "esdeath is 16 exatons lol"

Even though if Esdeath scaled to the exact energy output of her storm, then one attack would expend all its energy

Bayo VS Dante? I thought this site had Dante ******** on her. Unless we're talking at the time of release, cause then Bowser did beat Ganon handily and it wasn't debatable at that point.

At the time i think they were both 3-A. Other sites and groups have Bayo at Low Multi

In either case Bayo is getting buffed to Low 2-C at some point and will go back to slapping Dante

Back