• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (3) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

And even that's giving Esdeath the benefit of the doubt as IIRC there were more than 10,000, and her own physical feats could easily be argued to not fully scale to her ice given that 800 teratons is LEAGUES beyond anything else, even Purge Mode Shikou.

ZephyrosOmega said:
And even that's giving Esdeath the benefit of the doubt as IIRC there were more than 10,000, and her own physical feats could easily be argued to not fully scale to her ice given that 800 teratons is LEAGUES beyond anything else, even Purge Mode Shikou.
It was only 10,000 for the war.

Either way, our calc for ISCIC isn't in the petatons (it probably needs an update due to the 5 storm/cloud revisions since it was done), but it wouldn't be so high either way.

Esdeath was already being given the benefit of the doubt. This whole match revolves around assumptions and speculation. But when the facts lead to Gray winning and the interpretations of vague crap are 50/50, this should mean Gray takes it more often than not.

But again, like I said, I think Gray should win but it really is looking like a villain win from the song. But we'll see. I hope I'm wrong.

Because Esdeath still created the storm? To be clear, the petatons/exatons calc is the amount of energy Esdeath would have needed to output to create the storm at all, not the damage the storm caused.

Kingo the Sixth said:
That changed the game to the point of possibly changing the verdict.

But then is the attack potency only for the ISCIC as an attack?

Like the ISCIC attack is continental to multi continental+ and is arguably an environment damage attack. But I think Death Battle may still consider an ISCIC amped Esdeath is ~400 teratons of TNT in AP one-on-one scaling to Shikiutazer and Gray is ~390 teratons of TNT scaling to Invel.

Also wondering if Iced Shell and Lost Iced Shell would work more like Fairy Tail Ice-Make Evil Containment Wave. Like weaker users like Ur would incapacitate herself "yet technically still not die for a time" when using the sealing on Deliora. And in the canon lore it needs to use an unsealing technique hax to reverse the sealing with a bunch of manga pages and Deliora was dead by the point it was freshly released from the Iced Shell. And Gray being stronger will suffer less side effects, therefore being able to use the "enhanced" version of Iced Shell with more side effects.

... Wait can Esdeath shatter the ice cage without killing herself while being sealed under Iced Shell? This once again will turn the tide.

According to estimations from past Death Battle episodes, Gray should win by comparable AP, much faster speed and mor emotions to land the finishing hax move. But this is Death Battle. We have had supersonic Carnage, supersonic Daredevil, subsonic Erza and so on. And Planetary Hiei.

No Might said:
but like i said earlier jin vs esdeath wouldnt be much of a debate tosh vs esdeath would be a decent debate i believe
Pretty much Toshiro and Jin more or less stomp Esdeath I think Satsuki was another popular option but that's mainly a win in Esdeath favor

Kingo the Sixth said:
Because Esdeath still created the storm? To be clear, the petatons/exatons calc is the amount of energy Esdeath would have needed to output to create the storm at all, not the damage the storm caused.
Yes, but it took her 3 days and 10,000 soldiers to output it at that level.

Gray won't let her ger the dull scaling of the storm in a fighr. He's faster and in her same tier range in base to be able to inflict damage. Even if she could store power within the Cavalry soldiers in the battle mid-fight somehow, it would only be a few at best that Gray can also easily take down and absorb much like her. I guess she could try to keep creatinf them but his stamina wouldn't ever tire after absorbing the endless Cavalry she summons so I don't see how the full extent of her storm is gonna matter much.

And then in base she's subject to being sealed and then also can legitimately be harmed by Gray, and due to his faster speed, she's gonna be fighting an uphill battle the entire time. She'll need to be smart and use an AoE attack to try amd catch him but even that may not work.

Tipper17 said:
No Might said:
but like i said earlier jin vs esdeath wouldnt be much of a debate tosh vs esdeath would be a decent debate i believe
Pretty much
Toshiro and Jin more or less stomp Esdeath I think Satsuki was another popular option but that's mainly a win in Esdeath favor
dosent sastsuki outclass esdeath physically by alot?

Tipper17 said:
This fight can go a lot of ways tomorrow I hope my boi gray takes the W
Death Battle has an almost clean track record of the protagonist winning against the antagonist. And more so in hero vs villain battles. (The only villain winning against a hero is Doomsday vs Hulk.) And this trend is more solid and less controversial than Male vs Female Death Battle episodes (where females are not likely winning) and Death Battle tries to actually measure up the stats and arsenal and skills rather than females win gg or protagonists win gg.

I hope Gray "pull a Janemba" and win by speed and hax. Especially he can somehow feed on the ice and magic from Esdeath, using her own magic against herself. But this is Death Battle and like I said Gray winning is presuming we have subrelativistic Gray. But if Gray is just subsonic, then the verdict becomes super clear: Esdeath "has" better speed, better AP, even one Multi-Continent attack, and god damn time stop.

And we have had in before: supersonic Carnage, supersonic Daredevil, subsonic Erza, MCB Inner Power Johnny Cage and so on. And Planetary Hiei. (Country Mechagodzilla is somehow agreed even by us mind you but Island Dragonzord oh boy.)

Weirder, we have Johnny Cage not scaling to Raiden's storm feat. So I actually doubt Death Battle would let Esdeath have the full scaling and preparation work. Like how Death Battle refuses planetary Power Rangers because the planetary feats require preparation.

This is the Community Death Battle of Frieza vs Galvatron (IDW).

This is the VSBW version.

i would say akame but it would be physically impossible for her to kill ryuko even if ryuko were to just sit there and let akame slash at her and thats also assuming akame can cut through her armor

so a good match would be against someone with broken regen like her

Tipper17 said:
Pretty much Toshiro and Jin more or less stomp Esdeath I think Satsuki was another popular option but that's mainly a win in Esdeath favor
Satsuki kinda just gestures in Esdeath's general direction and Esdeath dies

Satsuki kinda just gestures in Esdeath's general direction and Esdeath dies

I smell massive revisions from AGK and KLK verses.

WeeklyBattles said:
Then forget it the main Kill la Kill Satsuki Kiryüi will be used and she (iirc 47 teraton TNT end) will die to Esdeath amped by ISCIC quite easily (460 teraton TNT end) if not under the ISCIC itself (petaton TNT to exaton TNT). OMG this Satsuki does not even have superior speed over Gray (> Mach 4000 compared to subrelativistic) or ice manipulation.

In fact Gray will die to Esdeath quite easily if not being subrelativistic and >200 teratons TNT for the meteor feat by Erza. Which is quite what I fear until G1 acknowledged the subrelativistic feat.

WeeklyBattles said:
Satsuki is over 2x stronger than 6-B Esdeath tho and several thousand times faster
This is actually a pretty good match-up, but Satsuki isn't several thousand times faster.

Satsuki is 47 teratons and above Mach 4528.

Esdeath is 22.58 Teratons and above Mach 825.5.

If you equalize speed then Satsuki only holds a physical advantage while Esdeath has a versatility advantage. I think this would be a pretty good fight actually.

grappling and 3d? I would love another Tekken vs SF match, like King vs Zangief, or something like that

As good a grappling matchup it is, not milestone and iconic enough for a special date.

Ep 124 + 125 speculation
Given the episode will be in 3D model and will involve hugs, many are anticipating on Broly vs Asura - another protagonist vs antagonist matchup.
If Gray wins this matchup, people would be more hyped (than when Esdeath wins) on whether Broly would be the next antagonist to win a protagonist after The Joker and Doomsday (both being DC) - from a commercial standpoint this can really hype up the milestone matchup and add extra meaning to it.

Rooster Teeth obviously wants to capitalise on hyping episode 125 as much as possible. And making an antagonist/villain/anti-villain win in a milestone matchup will be the jewel to the crown. Speaking of the first non-DC character to do that.

And Kool-Aid Man vs Macho Man Randy Savage does not quite stack up to that. Especially considering Randy nukes KAM hard.

Belated no one cares Genos vs War Machine (Marvel Comics) Q&A

1. Q: Why not wait until One-Punch Ma ends to do Genos vs War Machine?

A: This

2. Q: Is it unfair to Genos because War Machine is a comic book character and comic book characters always win?

A: Carnage vs Lucy wants to say otherwise. This is also one thing that Ben Singer gets interested: how many other media characters are there which is crazier than comic book characters. Marvel vs DC matchups are bread and butter but finding good curveball matchups can be super fun.

Sean: Manga characters can be as crazy as US comic book characters as manga is essentially Japanese comic books.

3. Q: Is this a stomp since War Machine scales to Iron Man (Marvel Comics) and Iron Man can survive Galactus (Marvel Comics) who can eat planets and galaxies? Why still pick War Machine? How you pick characters like War Machine?

A: Ben Singer look at characters as if the powers and abilities of said characters fit his set of common senses. He does not automatically discard outliers, but will always find a reason to determine if the said "outlierish" feat requires some caveats. E.g. Ben will think for the time Iron Man can fight Galactus "Is Galactus well fed and on his serious mode?" kind of thing. Which is why Ben Singer thinks War Machine should win not just because of the stats alone...

4. Q: Why does War Machine takes damage from normal punches and self destruct but not the Incinerator Cannon?

A: When War Machine has his blue lights on, he is on a Chameleon Mode, this can make him invisible (like mid fight) or intangible (like when he just phase through the attacks and the super glue). Maybe the successors of Iron Man (War Machine, Rescue...) should bring Pepper and Rhodey some love.

Sean: "Next time baby."

5: Q: How Rhodey survive flying at Mach 600 without himself engineered genetically?

A: Comic books are weird. And nanomachines son and broken physics.

6: Q: Is Tony making better suit for War Machine than for himself?

A: Tony can be overconfident at times and can give Rhodes more firepower because he think Rhodey needs them more. Also, Tony actually have the crazy technology first for some of his suits.

7: Q: What is so special about Episode 125 as a milestone matchup?

A: It may not be as iconic as Goku vs Superman or Mario vs Sonic but it will be in 3D model and it involves a lot of "hugging". The next episode may involve Care Bears.

8: Luis Cruz was making good custom work for the custom sprite work.

9: Jordan and Joshua are talking how centaurs live - how to drive a car in one scene (unrelated to Death Battle)

10: Fan Art

11. Community Death Battle - Duck Dodgers vs Darkwing Duck

11.1. Verdict for Duck Dodgers

11.2. Verdict for Darkwing Duck

Poll: Darkwing Duck 48.5% - Duck Dodgers 51.5%

(Looking at Google search results on "Duck Dodgers laser nunchucks" and this)

Cast: Duck Dodgers got this.

Back