• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (3) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Thebrawlbro said:
I was rooting for the person who lost too, but some people here are acting like DB murdered their families in front of them. It's just an animated fight scene between two fictional characters. If you're taking it more seriously then the people whose job this is, maybe you need to chill out a bit.
Welcome to Vs my friend

What Season 6 match was wrong? I wasn't aware there was only a single incorrect one.

Anyways, can't say I'm surprised at the winner. I still think it's BS and heavily disagree, but whatever.

And we finally get the Pokémon fight. Can't wait for the downplay.

Foxthefox1000 said:
What Season 6 match was wrong? I wasn't aware there was only a single incorrect one.
That would be Sasuke VS. Hiei.

As for the pokemon match... Eh? Pokemon are generally agreed to be mountain level compared to Goro's city, and with similar speeds (both relativistic), so... it'll probably be fine.

Oh, that's right.

personally I feel Wario VS. Dedede was also questionable given them both having similar durabilities according to the RT plus Wario's hax and regen would lead tp DDD not being able to put him down but whatever

And yeah, I know that, but I was referring to the comments since barely anyone outside the VS scene -- hell, even a few people in it -- see pokémon as absolute weaklings for sone reason.

This season has been terrible for me. Not a single match they've done I've been remotely interested in. I'm still waiting to see if they do any of the few matches I really wanna see them do, but this has been a pretty big let down so far.

Epiccheev said:
Kingo the Sixth said:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eZvk-54qwBUGZuTyspMl8WZn-0QxuWpM6VkipSZCiMU/edit?usp=sharing
Here's the Q&A for this fight released by the researchers, supposed to answer all the questions about the verdict and the analysis. It's very extensive and lengthy lol. Also obviously spoils the outcome so.
Is there one of those for Genos vs War machine?
I'm really curious about the 7-B calc for him kicking Elder centipede's teeth in.
There is one, but it doesn't show the calc, just mentions it was supposed to be 15 megatons.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Well tbf, Gray vs Esdeath was so even that it could've went either way. Just the stats for the winner were questionable at best.
Pretty much you can argue either can win depending on how you interpret the feats The stats for Esdeath were pretty much oof Tier they could easily scaled her off from the Shikoutazer

They only really bother making docs for them if they feel the episode has caused enough discussion to warrent it. Nobody seriously thought Genos stood a chance, so there was no need.

Ep 125 spoilers
I just drank some Demon's Extracts and decide to make calculations for a downplayed Machamp by purely going by the Pokedex:
  • Fires 1000 punches in 2 seconds
    • Machamp has 4 arms
    • assume 0.6 m for each arm and makes a to and fro for one punch
    • Each arm movement speed = 0.6 * 2 * 100 / 4 / 2 = 150 m/s (Subsonic)
  • Throws a person to the horizon
    • Assume mass = 62 kg and height = 1.684 m, to make an overhead throw horizontally --- assume the Machamp here is 1.684 m too
    • Time to fall to the ground = ((2)*(9.81)*(1.684))^0.5 / 9.81 = 0.585937829 s
    • Earth horizon = 4632.2266 m
    • Throwing speed = 7905.662289 m/s = 23.0485781 (Hypersonic+)
    • KE = 1937484383 J = 0.463069881 ton TNT (Building)
Machamp is faster with throwing, but Goro's faster general punching speed, more solid attack potency and actual fighting skills makes the victory.

Ignoring Pokedex facts that Machamp can lift mountains and punches at an AP yield in megatons (of TNT).

Ep 124 and Ep 125 spoilers
Newendigo said:
Going by the comments (no spoiler tags), seems I was right, the battle turn out to be the first down of the season.

Gray vs Esdeath is not quite a down - people are just very mixed with their own verdicts and those from the Death Battle crew. Slightly more people at DBW thinks Esdeath is winning.

Goro vs Machamp is the big disappointment as a milestone episode with filler content material. So bad I am trying to downplay Machamp with my effort.

Eh. Just can't wait for the comments to say "but in the animated short, a Machamp was struggling to hold up rocks that caved it in along with it's trainer!" or "Machamp is featless in the games and in the anime there's nothing impressive besides fighting other pokémon". And then the usual "Pokédex is unreliable!"

Also, would this be the 3rd MK character to lose in a row?

Ep 125 spoilers
See, I'm still a massive Pokémon fan so I'll take what I can get. And given it's 3-D, it s likely gonna be a long match. Every other Pokémon match has either had a Pokémon die or was too short to be a top fight for me. Machamp bodies of course. No doubt about that. And they're gonna give him Pokedex feats. Meanwhile, I do expect Goro to be downplayed given he's Cage level, and Cage is somewhere in upper tier 9 or low in tier 8 for them. Sure, I was expecting the Pokémon match to be Beerus vs Arceus, but beggars can't be choosers. Also this is the first "unimportant" Pokémon to be in DB. The rest were either in Smash or a G1 Starter.

Beerus probably ain't fighting Arceus. It'll probably be Galaxia (which is debatable depending on what stats you believe) or the opponents he dies horribly against so look forward to that.

Nah. Arceus is at leaat gonna be universal like Beerus, and they'll probably mention multiversal stuff as well. Only issue is speed tbh.

They could easily have him at barely FTL, MFTL+ (but slower than Beerus), or absolutely blitzing the **** out of him

Back