• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (3) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Now, for a total Death Battle verdict speculation purpose, is it wiser to guess that Esdeath would win because

1. ISCIC AP yield trumps anything Gray has faced.

2. Wanking her to relativistic speed by making the lightning return stroke instead of leader, trumping Gray's speed.

3. Gray has resistance to time stop but not totally immune to it.

4. Demons in FT are different from demons in AGK.

Cause I was actually on the discord and the majority of us agreed to it.

Granted, the ice cavalry she snapped into existence shouldn't be an indicator of how much Esdeath scales to the storm's output considering she mentioned storing power in the ones she used for the storm

If Erza makes another come back I'd like to see her fight against Saber from Stay Night.

If Zoro makes a come back at any given point I'd love to see him fight Kenpachi, although that'll need to wait for a good while for that to become fair stat wise.

Yeah, again, the Ice Cavalry she created has no mentions or feats even implying they measure up to the ones with her stored power and we can't prove she stored power in those four (and if she couldn't during a fight in canon it would make her using them in the fight to amp her even more dubious but whatever).

The real cal howard said:
Given there's like a zero percent chance Madokami would be taken into play, (else she'd be Madokami from the start and lol) Usagi would probably win.
They may as well only considering Madoka as Universal level and probably will use treats Madoka Avatar, which got caught off guard through PIS, as her true self.

Madoka wrecks as hard as you possibly can if Madokami is taken into account. I just think that it becomes WAYYY too one sided if she is. Also that's not really Madoka as much as it is The Law of Cycles.

She's damned no matter her opponent. Her closest one of the popular options is Goku but I doubt he's gonna be used for her.

Sailor Moon is gonna get splattered by Seiya as well IIRC.

To clarify, I was talking about Sailor Moon VS. Goku, and yes, it's closer than her against two opponents where one blinks and the other simply thinks and she dies.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
I wonder how they got that yield, I thought it was calc'd here and was only country level.
You talking about this one?https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ThePerpetual/Esdeath_Freezes_the_Natio

Looking it over, the one on this site only calcs the energy to reduce everything in the area to 0 degrees, alongside a generic snow storm wattage.

The one that gets petatons results actually calcs the KE of the storm itself, cause it seems Esdeath is actively pushing the clouds outwards to cover the earth like that. It assumes a timeframe of 10 seconds as well. Naturally that gets crazy high results. The exatons one is the same, but it also measures the thickness of the clouds from the panel.

Even if it was exatons, few people even scale to it and it's not Base Esdeath.

Also, while someone said my argument about human energy production was flimsy, the point was that storing power, i.e. energy, is a different process and often leads to more potent energy readings when dormant and packed inside cells. This doesn't relate to our body's durability at all though, so saying she can store the energy just isn't a good argument. Even then, you have to divide the exaton value by 10000 and then even if you argued the whole "punching produces half of what the body can produce" or whatever the argument was, you'd then also have to divide that number by half to figure out her actual durability and striking power if that was legit. This would lead to an Esdeath with low petatons as her striking strength and durability, and ice magic (not from all of her attacks but still any small bit like the Cavalry soldiers would be more than enough) that Gray can eat due to Natsu being able to power himself up from magical elemental attacks tiers above him.

Well, if you were to do that, each individual ice soldier would be around 1.6 petatons, a fair bit higher than Gray. The trouble is then that iirc weaker characters could take on individual ice soldiers, and 1.6 petatons is higher than any other AGK calc other than the storm itself. So I guess either just everybody scales and is continent level, or the ice soldiers' energy levels work some other ways. Again, a lot of speculation.

Actually, scratch that.

16 exatons divided by 10,000 and then reduced by half due to stored energy only being 2x striking strength apparently, and we get Esdeath's durability and striking strength at 800 teratons or around there. Within Gray's ballpark to be able to inflict damage on her and the amps he could potentially absorb from the ice closing that gap even more.

The only arguments in her favor are if you consider her time stop a real one that Gray can't resist, and whether you really give her the full exaton output from her storm which IMO doesn't have a good backing at all. So even with the assumptions based on how CiC works, the distributed power between the soldiers and how much she's actually be able to produce physically (and thus how much she's able to tank) would still only be at best 2.-something-x Gray's AP.

Back