• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Jeanne breathed out, "I believe... it is time we all take some time to recuperate." She said as she finished her prayer, "I have money to purchase lodgings in this town for all of you... But if you would any of you prefer to find your own places to rest, or don't want to rest at all, please say so."
"Id be happy for a retreat to go to, and..." Khadgar pulled out an orb from his pouch "tap this if you ever want to contact me!" Khadgar said with a smile

"Yeah, I'll take a place to crash, thanks!" Gazlowe said

"I'd be happy to accept the offer." Wrathion said

"...nothing would fit me. I'll sleep nearby." Kargath said, nodding to Jeanne

"Cain... and Sylvia...no sleep. Go to train." Cain signed, Sylvia nodding at that statement as Cain rested her feet on Sylvia's chest, shifting a bit on her shoulders.

(I need the King of Ezrans to say something before we continue.)

"Alright, Saffi. I'm glad to know we can rely on you... Do yell if your in peril." Jeanne said as she began walking to the inn, beckoning those that wanted to stay at the inn with her to follow.

Sylvia and Cain waved bye, moving to the edge of the village and into the forest that surrounded it.

Siglos glanced at Slyvia and Cain, his gaze lingering on the pair for a moment.

"...whatever happens...I hope I can...meet them again..." He murmured to himself. He breathed out, straightening his hat slightly.

"...I'd like to see more...martial arts..." He thought. For a brief moment...he blushed. Shaking himself out of his thoughts, he turned around, scurrying behind the rest of the group into the inn.

Jeanne led the group into the nearest inn and rented out a large room for all of them with multiple beds, including bunk beds if anybody wanted to bunk with someone else cause bunking is dope. "That took all of my savings... But I'm sure I can make more if I can find the nearest Guild Hall." Jeanne thought to herself.

Cain and Sylvia settled in the forest, making a large campfire for both of them. Both just sat there, making gentle chirping noises at each other. These noises weren't born from vocal cords, but instead vibrations created from dark magic, a language of sound Cain and Sylvia invented to communicate with each other. (Everything here is an English translation of this unique language.)

"That was fun, wasn't it, Cain?" Sylvia asked.

"It was... I think I learned a lot. But my journey isn't over yet... I still need a lot more training if I want to defeat father..." Cain said back, still just straddled on top of Sylvia's shoulders.

"Well, that's true. I also probably need some more training as well... But we both have time! You should loosen up a bit Cain, I'm sure you'll do just fine at your trial." Sylvia said with a smile.

"I hope so to, Sylvia..." Cain said as she shot up, "Do you hear that?" She heard a rustling in the bushes.

"Yeah, I did. It's probably a deer. Don't tell me you want to have deer for dinner again?" Sylvia asked as Cain nodded.

"Deer's have a lot of protein. I bet if we eat it raw it'll taste good." Cain said.

"But we always eat it raw! Can't we cook it this time? I read a lot about a bunch of other cooking techniques, and deer tastes really good when prepared properly!" Sylvia said happily.

"Well, I'd be willing to try that, if you think it's good... I've never had cooked food..." Cain murmured.

"As a daughter of Rakshashin nobility, you really should be getting better treatment! Cmon, I'll make you a proper meal tonight!" Sylvia exclaimed, "Do you want to kill it or should I?"

"Don't worry, I can." Cain said, summoning a thin needle to her hand which she swiftly threw into the bushes, the sound of it piercing something's skull lingering for a few moments. "There. It's dead." Cain said as Sylvia nodded, moving over to pick up the corpse.

"Can you dismantle it for me? Your all good at cutting things up and stuff..." Sylvia asked, chuckling awkwardly.

"And here I thought I was the one who was supposed to be getting treated..." Cain said, reshaping the needle she used to pierce the deer's skull into a thin blade which she used to skin it and remove its organs in a matter of moments. "Do you also want to cook the organs?"

"Nah, I don't know how to make organs..." Sylvia said as she kneeled down, holding the skinned deer over the fire and using what knowledge she could remember from her cook books to try and not char it. She held the deer over the fire for around 25 minutes, and when it was done, she sat down and used her legs as a plate so she didn't get the food dirty or muddy. With her stature, her legs were more than large enough to serve as plates for it. Sylvia used her hands to tear off a piece of the cooked meet, handing it to Cain who was still on Sylvia's shoulders.

Cain opened her mouth, revealing a hilariously sharp set of teeth, akin to a shark's as she chomped down on the cooked deer. "Hmmm... I like it better raw. Has more blood."

Sylvia pouted and chuckled a bit, "What are you, a Vaewolf?"

"The blood makes it juicier, and when you put it over the fire you get rid of all the juices..." Cain said, explaining her preference. "I do appreciate the effort, though..."

"Well, I'll just eat the rest myself, then! Not like either of us can get hungry that easily anyway." Sylvia said, just beginning to pick off pieces of meat and plopping them onto her saliva dripping tongue, swallowing them whole.

After that, they were both silent for most of the time until Sylvia asked a question. "Hey Cain, why were you acting like that around Khadgar?"

"Like what?" Cain asked, moving to sit on Sylvia's legs once she had cleared the deer from them, leaning back into her stomach.

"You were acting all nervous around him and stuff like that!" Sylvia asked, "Do you still not trust them?"

"You know I don't trust them." Cain said, "The Jeanne girl seems reliable... And Khadgar doesn't seem to bad now, at least... But I don't much care for the rest of them."

"Their nice people! Or at least I think they are. They haven't tried anything bad with us!" Sylvia said, letting out a yawn which neither of them paid any mind to.

"Maybe your right... I assume we'll be traveling with them, so we have time to see... Should we get to training?" Cain asked as Sylvia slowly began laying backward.

"Mmmm... Yeah... Let's get... training..." But she fell asleep.

"Sylvia? Sylvia?? Did you fall asleep!? Hey, wake up!" Cain tried to wake Sylvia, but to no avail... As her size suggested, she also slept like a boulder as well, her snores making sounds that could be heard all the way from the forest to the village inn.

"Your so carefree..." Cain grumbled, laying backward as well and scooting over Sylvia's belly, laying her head down on Sylvia's breasts, using them as pillows. She figured that if Sylvia was going to skip out on training, she may as well do it as well, since she didn't have a training partner. Though, that hadn't stopped her before, so maybe she just wanted to sleep with Sylvia... Whatever.

Cain shifted around a bit before just falling asleep as well. It'd been many weeks since either of them slept, so both of them would probably stay like this for quite a while unless disturbed.

Jeanne led the group into the nearest inn and rented out a large room for all of them with multiple beds, including bunk beds if anybody wanted to bunk with someone else cause bunking is dope. "That took all of my savings... But I'm sure I can make more if I can find the nearest Guild Hall." Jeanne thought to herself.

Cain and Sylvia settled in the forest, making a large campfire for both of them. Both just sat there, making gentle chirping noises at each other. These noises weren't born from vocal cords, but instead vibrations created from dark magic, a language of sound Cain and Sylvia invented to communicate with each other. (Everything here is an English translation of this unique language.)

"That was fun, wasn't it, Cain?" Sylvia asked.

"It was... I think I learned a lot. But my journey isn't over yet... I still need a lot more training if I want to defeat father..." Cain said back, still just straddled on top of Sylvia's shoulders.

"Well, that's true. I also probably need some more training as well... But we both have time! You should loosen up a bit Cain, I'm sure you'll do just fine at your trial." Sylvia said with a smile.

"I hope so to, Sylvia..." Cain said as she shot up, "Do you hear that?" She heard a rustling in the bushes.

"Yeah, I did. It's probably a deer. Don't tell me you want to have deer for dinner again?" Sylvia asked as Cain nodded.

"Deer's have a lot of protein. I bet if we eat it raw it'll taste good." Cain said.

"But we always eat it raw! Can't we cook it this time? I read a lot about a bunch of other cooking techniques, and deer tastes really good when prepared properly!" Sylvia said happily.

"Well, I'd be willing to try that, if you think it's good... I've never had cooked food..." Cain murmured.

"As a daughter of Rakshashin nobility, you really should be getting better treatment! Cmon, I'll make you a proper meal tonight!" Sylvia exclaimed, "Do you want to kill it or should I?"

"Don't worry, I can." Cain said, summoning a thin needle to her hand which she swiftly threw into the bushes, the sound of it piercing something's skull lingering for a few moments. "There. It's dead." Cain said as Sylvia nodded, moving over to pick up the corpse.

"Can you dismantle it for me? Your all good at cutting things up and stuff..." Sylvia asked, chuckling awkwardly.

"And here I thought I was the one who was supposed to be getting treated..." Cain said, reshaping the needle she used to pierce the deer's skull into a thin blade which she used to skin it and remove its organs in a matter of moments. "Do you also want to cook the organs?"

"Nah, I don't know how to make organs..." Sylvia said as she kneeled down, holding the skinned deer over the fire and using what knowledge she could remember from her cook books to try and not char it. She held the deer over the fire for around 25 minutes, and when it was done, she sat down and used her legs as a plate so she didn't get the food dirty or muddy. With her stature, her legs were more than large enough to serve as plates for it. Sylvia used her hands to tear off a piece of the cooked meet, handing it to Cain who was still on Sylvia's shoulders.

Cain opened her mouth, revealing a hilariously sharp set of teeth, akin to a shark's as she chomped down on the cooked deer. "Hmmm... I like it better raw. Has more blood."

Sylvia pouted and chuckled a bit, "What are you, a Vaewolf?"

"The blood makes it juicier, and when you put it over the fire you get rid of all the juices..." Cain said, explaining her preference. "I do appreciate the effort, though..."

"Well, I'll just eat the rest myself, then! Not like either of us can get hungry that easily anyway." Sylvia said, just beginning to pick off pieces of meat and plopping them onto her saliva dripping tongue, swallowing them whole.

After that, they were both silent for most of the time until Sylvia asked a question. "Hey Cain, why were you acting like that around Khadgar?"

"Like what?" Cain asked, moving to sit on Sylvia's legs once she had cleared the deer from them, leaning back into her stomach.

"You were acting all nervous around him and stuff like that!" Sylvia asked, "Do you still not trust them?"

"You know I don't trust them." Cain said, "The Jeanne girl seems reliable... And Khadgar doesn't seem to bad now, at least... But I don't much care for the rest of them."

"Their nice people! Or at least I think they are. They haven't tried anything bad with us!" Sylvia said, letting out a yawn which neither of them paid any mind to.

"Maybe your right... I assume we'll be traveling with them, so we have time to see... Should we get to training?" Cain asked as Sylvia slowly began laying backward.

"Mmmm... Yeah... Let's get... training..." But she fell asleep.

"Sylvia? Sylvia?? Did you fall asleep!? Hey, wake up!" Cain tried to wake Sylvia, but to no avail... As her size suggested, she also slept like a boulder as well, her snores making sounds that could be heard all the way from the forest to the village inn.

"Your so carefree..." Cain grumbled, laying backward as well and scooting over Sylvia's belly, laying her head down on Sylvia's breasts, using them as pillows. She figured that if Sylvia was going to skip out on training, she may as well do it as well, since she didn't have a training partner. Though, that hadn't stopped her before, so maybe she just wanted to sleep with Sylvia... Whatever.

Cain shifted around a bit before just falling asleep as well. It'd been many weeks since either of them slept, so both of them would probably stay like this for quite a while unless disturbed.
"Hey, Jeanne, ya need any money for that? Work is quite good with me." Gazlowe offered to Jeanne while Khadgar smiled and nodded in response, clearly thinking the same thing while Wrathion began rummaging for some of his own money to give to Jeanne

Siglos hesitated. Then breathed out.

"I...I have some coins left...if your running low..." Siglos murmured.

"...I'll need to set up shop as soon as possible..." He thought, knowing he'd run out soon if he didn't earn anything soon. He was banking on this mission paying him...though as it was now, he doubted he'd get any monetary reward.

Jeanne immediately shook her head, "There is no need for you to pay me, I decided to do this of my own accord. As a follower of the Sun Goddess's teachings, I could never take you're money from you all."
"That's not a bother to me at all, you'd be barely denting how much money I actually got!" Gazlowe said, pulling out a bag of gold coins that was comically his size to give to Jeanne, while Khadgar chuckled and gave her his bag

"We're willing to give you money for this." Wrathion said, smiling

"Again, you don't have to give me you're money. I refuse to take it, thank you very much. Both for the offer and you're kindness." Jeanne said, clearly not at all planning to take the money. "For now, we should focus on getting some rest instead. The sun will soon lower and the moon will rise with it..."

"Then consider it a donation, I ain't about to let good work go unpaid!" Gazlowe said, insisting on her taking it while Khadgar watched the feud with amusement as he put his bag of gold into his pouch, while Wrathion nodded and moved to go onto the top of one bunk, encasing his skin in rock under his clothing

"Then consider it a donation, I ain't about to let good work go unpaid!" Gazlowe said, insisting on her taking it while Khadgar watched the feud with amusement as he put his bag of gold into his pouch, while Wrathion nodded and moved to go onto the top of one bunk, encasing his skin in rock under his clothing
"My payment is seeing you, my comrades, and the good people of this village safe from danger." Jeanne said with a smile as she moved to one of the beds, beginning to remove her armor as she planted her flag to the ground and dropped her sword onto the bed.
"...Sorry for the inconvenience." Siglos said softly, bowing slightly at Jeanne. Slowly, he began to step away, moving towards one of the beds.
"You are no inconvenience, Siglos. I greatly appreciate you're help in the previous battle, and I will make sure that you receive compensation for you're effort!" Jeanne said, clearly truthful in her words.

"You are no inconvenience, Siglos. I greatly appreciate you're help in the previous battle, and I will make sure that you receive compensation for you're effort!" Jeanne said, clearly truthful in her words.
Siglos stared at the women for a moment, before smiling.

"O-oh! T-thank you, Jeanne!" Siglos said. He removed his hat, placing it on the side of his bed.

"...Thought...I can't take much credit. I don't know what would have happened if it wasn't for your leadership..." Siglos said.

Siglos stared at the women for a moment, before smiling.

"O-oh! T-thank you, Jeanne!" Siglos said. He removed his hat, placing it on the side of his bed.

"...Thought...I can't take much credit. I don't know what would have happened if it wasn't for your leadership..." Siglos said.
"Don't be modest, Siglos. You contributed as much as any of us did. Without you're enchantments I don't think we ever would've taken them down as safely as we did." Jeanne said, setting her armor done and revealing a yellow tank-top and some baggy orange pants beneath the armor.

"My payment is seeing you, my comrades, and the good people of this village safe from danger." Jeanne said with a smile as she moved to one of the beds, beginning to remove her armor as she planted her flag to the ground and dropped her sword onto the bed.

"That ain't cash you use to do stuff like this, no need to waste your time going out for more of it." Gazlowe said, still insisting and moving the bag over to her bed before dropping his bot off and getting into his bed, closing his eyes just as Khadgar began removing his robes as well, a simple shirt and pants underneath which he got under the covers in

"Don't be modest, Siglos. You contributed as much as any of us did. Without you're enchantments I don't think we ever would've taken them down as safely as we did." Jeanne said, setting her armor done and revealing a yellow tank-top and some baggy orange pants beneath the armor.
"I-I appreciate the kind words..." Siglos said, slightly embarrassed. He took off his green cloak, hanging it on the side of the bed on top of his hat.

"...I-i'm just glad we got through it, really. I...never imagined we'd be fighting an army..." Siglos murmured, taking a seat on his bed.

Siglos caught the bag, nearly falling off the bed as he fumbled with the catch for a moment.

"O-oh!" Siglos said. Quickly, he opened the bag, his eyes going wide as he saw the amount of coins inside.

"...Y-your giving it all to me?" Siglos said, staring up at Jeanne. It was more than enough to cover his loss of merchandise and travel costs, with much more to spare.

A wide smile appeared on Siglos's face, nearly jumping off the bed in excitement.

"T-thank you, Jeanne!" Siglos said happily.

"...W-with all this money...I...I can focus on crafting what I want....I won't need to set up shop for a while..." Siglos said. Quickly, he put the bag inside his satchel, excited at the prospect of having more time to devote to his craft. Looking back at Jeanne, he bowed deeply, his grey hair obscuring his face.

"...Thank you..." He repeated.

"....Good night." Siglos said softly. He grabbed the band, storing it in his pouch as the moon illuminated the room. He took off his boots, setting them next to his bed before removing his shirt, gently folding it before neatly putting it on the side of the bed.

"...I hope tomorrow is less...eventful." Siglos thought, breathing out. A small smile appeared on his face again, still giddy at the amount of coin he received. He slowly laid down on the bed, closing his eyes as he drifted to sleep.

Jeanne breathed out, getting onto the ground next to her bed. "Alright... Time to train." She thought to herself, slowly moving out of the room and exiting the inn, the sound of Sylvia's violent snoring assaulting her ears even from this distance.

"Haaa... She sounds like a dragon." Jeanne thought, moving to the edge of the town to begin doing some basic workouts.

Jeanne breathed out, getting onto the ground next to her bed. "Alright... Time to train." She thought to herself, slowly moving out of the room and exiting the inn, the sound of Sylvia's violent snoring assaulting her ears even from this distance.

"Haaa... She sounds like a dragon." Jeanne thought, moving to the edge of the town to begin doing some basic workouts.
A shift in the wind said Jeanne was followed, but apsolute silence greeted her if she listened

(Yes it's Kargath)

Back