• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Country Divided (Redux) • RP Thread

"crappy place to stick around! Unless that sack has some weapons to defend yourself with!" Vera called out to the traveler, since she was facing the entrance to the village anyway and this person was clearly not from around there
The Drifter turned to look up at the person addressing her, raising an eyebrow beneath her blue mask. She spoke, her voice coming out as... distorted. Likely some kind of magical filter built into the mask (think this sound, basically a vocoded voice) to hide her real voice.

"I'm not here to stay." She said, "I'm just looking for a rest stop for a bit. After that, I'm gone."
No... befriend, like I'm trying to do with you. That, or just tolerate- or 'allow to exist'." Palaria said gently, with just as gentle of a smile on her face
Nigredo didn't like that. Tolerate... it was so hard to tolerate things. So hard to allow things to be... instead of tearing them into pie...c e33sss....

"Uh... huh..." Nigredo murmured, nodding. "I... let skull man... live, then. Okay."

"Not every village has an endless supply of arrows, in case you thought I carry trees aroune for fun." Vera curtly said to Santiago, using what he said to escape the conversation

"I assume you at least have the knowledge of how to make them?" The Muscular man asked, a thick brow raising as the entire village was stirring with people either working or getting their shelters ready...
Santiago simply ignored Vela, moving to rest his scythe against the wall of the building.

"I don't mean to toot my own horn, but outside of my fabulous combat skills, I'm not half bad at throwing things together." He said, seemingly a bit proud of himself. He glanced back towards the tree that had been carried in, moving to take a closer look.

"...It won't be top-shelf quality, but I could probably carve you...a few dozen arrows, outta this, give or take."

The masked figure overheard the conversation as she delved further into the village, noting the tree mounted on Vera's back in her head.

"If it's arrows you need, then you don't have to carve them." She said, "I've got plenty of high-quality ammunition. Arrows, bullets, and cannonballs alike... for a generous fee."

The Drifter turned to look up at the person addressing her, raising an eyebrow beneath her blue mask. She spoke, her voice coming out as... distorted. Likely some kind of magical filter built into the mask (think this sound, basically a vocoded voice) to hide her real voice.

"I'm not here to stay." She said, "I'm just looking for a rest stop for a bit. After that, I'm gone."
"Well I'd get out things to defend yourself just in case." Vera said
The masked figure overheard the conversation as she delved further into the village, noting the tree mounted on Vera's back in her head.

"If it's arrows you need, then you don't have to carve them." She said, "I've got plenty of high-quality ammunition. Arrows, bullets, and cannonballs alike... for a generous fee."
"We can craft our own, plus, I doubt we could afford all the arrows we need." The Muscular main responded, clearly considering it, but shaking his head no
Nigredo didn't like that. Tolerate... it was so hard to tolerate things. So hard to allow things to be... instead of tearing them into pie...c e33sss....

"Uh... huh..." Nigredo murmured, nodding. "I... let skull man... live, then. Okay."
"Thank you Nigredo." Palaria said warmly, almost wanting to hug Nigredo for this progression, but just a little worried she'd get torn apart for trying to do so

Santiago simply ignored Vela, moving to rest his scythe against the wall of the building.

"I don't mean to toot my own horn, but outside of my fabulous combat skills, I'm not half bad at throwing things together." He said, seemingly a bit proud of himself. He glanced back towards the tree that had been carried in, moving to take a closer look.

"...It won't be top-shelf quality, but I could probably carve you...a few dozen arrows, outta this, give or take."
"With all three of us working on it, we should get them all out before it's time." The main said with a nod

Santiago's eyes shifted towards the traveler for a moment.

"You a merchant or something? This place doesn't seem like the type to get much business." The man said. He grasped a knife from his bag, beginning to run it along the tree to remove its bark, exposing the paler wood beneath.

"Guess you could say that." The Drifter shrugged, "But if you don't need nothin', then it's no skin off my back. Just offerin' services... seems like you guys are preparing for a war or something."

Kaminos continued to carry things, humming to himself contently. Meanwhile, Kumi was seemingly just wandering around. The Elf-Orc would keep his eyes on her, though, especially knowing their previous run-ins with each other. He picked up the pace with the workload he gave himself, trying to finish as fast as possible with all he had to do just in case something went awry because of her.

Soon after, Caitlin would slowly barricade the village with said materials asked and fulfilled most requests, walking around to find a log to sit on and take a little break— either from hunger or waiting on standby.

Rassilon came out for a second admiring the great effort, the great ability to collect and position it in the right place was very usufel.

"I am very good Maistro" He would say, the wall was solid and with a considerable thickness, it extended around the village and with a large height, in addition the traps were ready and hidden, he test one or another to see how they worked. His clothes were dirty but it was nothing out of this world.

"Guess you could say that." The Drifter shrugged, "But if you don't need nothin', then it's no skin off my back. Just offerin' services... seems like you guys are preparing for a war or something."
Santiago glanced at her from the corner of his eye, his hands further smoothing the wood as he prepared to carve the arrows. Despite his bluster...he seemed quite adept at this, at least.

"...Just got here myself. 'pperantly there's supposed to be some kinda..."shadow attack" later today." The man said.

"...They don't have anything to worry about though...they have me after all." He added.

Rassilon came out for a second admiring the great effort, the great ability to collect and position it in the right place was very usufel.

"I am very good Maistro" He would say, the wall was solid and with a considerable thickness, it extended around the village and with a large height, in addition the traps were ready and hidden, he test one or another to see how they worked. His clothes were dirty but it was nothing out of this world.
(Well guess who forgot to respond to a character!)

Santiago glanced at her from the corner of his eye, his hands further smoothing the wood as he prepared to carve the arrows. Despite his bluster...he seemed quite adept at this, at least.

"...Just got here myself. 'pperantly there's supposed to be some kinda..."shadow attack" later today." The man said.

"...They don't have anything to worry about though...they have me after all." He added.
"We have to worry about a lot, actually!" Vera immediately and unmercifully corrected Santiago, and the man nodded, watching Santiago skin the log
(Nah it's fine!)
"I don't know him well enough, but maybe I'll watch him for now"
"Maybe?" Rubedo said, as if a bit conflicted as to if she should trust Santiago or not

"Some kind of hot shot, are ya?" The Drifter said with an amused tone, "Well, yall have fun dealing with these... shadow things. If this place is gettin' attacked, my ass is out of here before I get dead..."

Maybe?" Rubedo said, as if a bit conflicted as to if she should trust Santiago or not
"This battle can serve as a checkpoint, in a way, it will show not only Santiago's abilities but also ours and how they complement each other, especially to deal with those weaknesses that will be revealed in the near future" Rassilon said.

"Some kind of hot shot, are ya?" The Drifter said with an amused tone, "Well, yall have fun dealing with these... shadow things. If this place is gettin' attacked, my ass is out of here before I get dead..."
Santiago waved dismissively in Vera’s direction, a smile growing under his mask.

“Don’t you worry, miss. You’re talking to the Death Dealer. One of the best fighters in the country.” He said. He did a small flourish with his knife, a trick he had secretly practiced in the mirror, before carving out another part of the wood.

“Me and my merry band will make sure things go smoothly.”

Last edited:
"..." Just staring off into logs and stuff made the navy-haired lady slowly ooze herself in puddles of pure boredom. Nonetheless, finding a settling solution wasn't out of the possibilities.

Instead, she'd be wandering around the village she's meant to guard in, just listening to people's conversation or even one of each party member if they're near enough.

Santiago waved dismissively in Vera’s direction, a smile growing under his mask.

“Don’t you worry, miss. You’re talking to the Death Dealer. One of the best fighters in the country.” He said. He did a small flourish with his knife, a trick he had secretly practiced in the mirror, before carving out another part of the wood.

“Me and my merry band will make sure things go smoothly.”
"Haha... alright, Mr. 'Death Dealer'. Good luck with... carving wood." The Drifter said dismissively, glancing at Santiago from underneath her mask. She broke her gaze a few short moments later, before walking off, exploring the village and hoping to find a place to chill for the next bit before she booked it.

Soon after, Caitlin would slowly barricade the village with said materials asked and fulfilled most requests, walking around to find a log to sit on and take a little break— either from hunger or waiting on standby.
"Well, this is fun, isn't it?" Kumi said, walking towards Caitlin, "Trying to establish order in anticipation for chaos? It's always fun seeing which one wins out..."

"...Tough crowd. People sure are colder in this part of the country...." Santiago thought. He adjusted his mask with his hand, before carefully carving a thin section of the wood into the shape of an arrow.

"...Could probably make a spear outta this stuff if we have any leftover. Good for stickin' them before they get too close." He said idly.

"Hm?" she looked, her mouth finding no such means to say much.
Kumi just kept going regardless of whether or not Caitlin understood.

"Every single battle isn't just between the sides that are there, but between control and chaos. Every general wants to control the flow of a battle, leading enemies into traps, losing less lives on their end, causing more casualties to their opponents. That's the control they want, and it is control if they succeed. However, it's chaos for the other side when they find their forces dwindling, constantly being flanked and outmaneuvered... So, I'm looking forward to see if our band of heroes here is rewarded with control or chaos over the battle...."

Kumi just kept going regardless of whether or not Caitlin understood.

"Every single battle isn't just between the sides that are there, but between control and chaos. Every general wants to control the flow of a battle, leading enemies into traps, losing less lives on their end, causing more casualties to their opponents. That's the control they want, and it is control if they succeed. However, it's chaos for the other side when they find their forces dwindling, constantly being flanked and outmaneuvered... So, I'm looking forward to see if our band of heroes here is rewarded with control or chaos over the battle...."
"Right." simple yet direct.

"Random?" she asked, "Page 34, Section 1 of Sheng Yen dictates that things at Random happen because of multiple instances of Karma..."
"I don't really put labels on what I do, I just do it," She said with a smile, "Karma, huh? So, you also believe in that kind of thing..."

Back