• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"Light magic! That's something I've been meaning to learn, when your ready I can use a forcefield to let us charge." Khadgar said as Kargath smiled, clearly appreciating the extra power as he put down his Bladefist "A lightning enchantment would be the most useful here considering everything else." He said, Wrathion being fully willing to get enchanted

"Those things don't have icethrowers, also you assume enough of em are still up that it'd actually matter." Gazlowe said with a chuckle, revealing his bot's icethrowers for Siglos
"...I-I can repair them with my...magic. A-as long as their's still scraps lying around. I-it shouldn't take too long." Siglos said to Gazlowe.

"T-those turrets, c-combined with my ice magic and your...Ice weapon....C-could be helpful."

"Feel free to incorporate freezing into this... I simply need to make you all as strong as possible before we advance. This won't work on Cain and Sylvia, though..." Jeanne said, breathing out as she began kneeling down, light slowly pooling around her, beginning to whisper something to herself...

Sylvia would take a step back, feeling the light magic that Jeanne was beginning to emit burn her skin, making sure to pull Cain back by the horns as well.
Siglos glanced toward Jeanne, slowly taking a step closer to the light.

"...Light magic...?" He murmured.

Last edited:
(The essay is a power from time immemorial. Clearly you do not understand the significance, which is why I wrote out another essay.)

See, there are moments in time where writing the existing thought and the thought alone works. There are other times where such simplistic ideas are unclear and far from concise. I've started to run RPs, participated in multiple, and I'm a staff member of a functioning discord roleplay. That being said, I need to be understood, because I do not have time to expend on repeating myself. This usually expresses itself in a much longer-running piece of writing, typically referred to as an essay.

Of course, one must first understand what is described as an essay. Critiquing someone for writing a single paragraph and referring to it as "an essay" would be childish hyperbole of a much more serious situation. A paragraph, typically, in collegial writing, expresses a fraction of a much larger idea. And while it may seem long in comparison to a sentence, it does not represent an essay. An essay addresses multiple aspects of a topic, almost as many as the author is informed about from his or her knowledge. While the face of a coin can tell you a lot about it for example, it only says so much about the other face, much less about the construction of its interior.

So, when a line isn't enough to express a whole idea, a paragraph is formed, and when that is insufficient, an essay. An essay in and of itself has much more depth, and even a complete one may slightly stray from the original topic. As you may be starting to conclude, I am out of things to say, but seeing as the average essay runs much longer than this one, I will proceed with my elaboration. The majority of essays require some extent of formatting, whereas a paragraph lacks this. It is an excerpt, meant to match the format of wherever it may be recycled.

In summary, essays express more than one aspect of an idea and are meant to bring clarity, even if a paragraph would be enough to eliminate confusion. If you've made it to this point, I must say, your tolerance for the abnormal as well as the inconvenient is extremely surprising and summer must have placed too much time in your hands. You've earned my respect. If you simply skipped to this point, forget everything I said, I don't respect you. Until you read the rest, you'll have to live in the shame that I did this for you. I spent all this time writing and figuring out things to say, just for you. Yet, you have the audacity to completely ignore everything I've said and skip to the end. Walk around your house in shame. If you still don't feel it, walk down the street in shame. And if that somehow isn't enough, WALK to the nearest airline in shame, book yourself a flight to the opposite side of the world, and never type on this forum until you truly understand how shameful you are. Good day.
(boopers)

(Assuming she's an Everian with any decent magical experience(she's old so I assume so) she should be able to make another wall.)

"Bless me; Oh sun... Divine Strength!" Jeanne called out, a flash of light erupting from her that made everybody but Sylvia and Cain much stronger, including their magic, but, Jeanne was clearly tired out from this, the skill she just used clearly taking a toll on her if she used it on multiple targets.

(Assuming she's an Everian with any decent magical experience(she's old so I assume so) she should be able to make another wall.)

"Bless me; Oh sun... Divine Strength!" Jeanne called out, a flash of light erupting from her that made everybody but Sylvia and Cain much stronger, including their magic, but, Jeanne was clearly tired out from this, the skill she just used clearly taking a toll on her if she used it on multiple targets.
(I was assuming it was an AP thing for creation and such lol)

"You'll have to stand back from here on out..." Khadgar said

"Don't focus on that... focus on the enemy..." Jeanne would say, still kneeling down.

Sylvia stood at the edge of the wall, "Your a courageous girl, Jeanne..." She thought to herself as Cain's halo spun.

"Move... out... ranged support... needed..." Cain said with poor sign language, basically saying that those who could and planned to provide ranged support should get to setting something up and setting it up fast.

(I mean, Wraithon isn't 9-A either, right? if its a 9-A feat then how did he construct it in the first place?)

Siglos looked over at Cain. Hesitatingly, he nodded.

“R-right…” Siglos said. Quickly. He looked around, before running towards the remaining turrets Gazlowe made. Holding his hands outward, he began imbuing what gadgets remained with his own mana, coating several of the machines in a light blue hue. Should these machines continue the fire, their projectiles would now be laced with ice magic, their shots chilling and freezing the opposing army.

(AP bullshit aside, let's get back to RP.)

Cain jumped into the fray of the army along with Sylvia, purple and black energy expanding around her and Sylvia, which came from her halo as the army was assaulted with Siglos' enhanced freezing rounds and Noah's mist. Cain grabbed one of the things by the head and plunged her fingers right into the front of its head, twisting her hand and tearing apart whatever the hell it had as a brain. Sylvia flipped around, using her immense size and speed to deliver a spinning kick to the jaw of one of the knight's, the muscles in her legs violently contracting through her clothing as she knocked its jaw off just before it was hit with a freezing round to make it far easier to break. It seemed that freezing them made them far more brittle, and thus, much easier to harm.

Khadgar fired a beam that expanded a Blizzard of ice and snow, assisting the freezing capabilities further as Gazlowe went in with icethrowers to turn the enemy into Ice cubes, while Wrathion caused the earth to open up to pull feet and such in to make the enemy easier to hit while Kargath rushed in and started fighting, a hook in one throat, his bladefist in a belly, it was like watching someone who'd performed against odds like this hundreds of times to RIP AND TEAR(had to do it) again and again

The effort finally seemed to be turning in the group's favor as Cain twisted her waist, plunging her toes into the eye socket of one of the beasts and then tearing through its head with her foot while Sylvia crushed one of the enemy's skulls in-between her knee and elbow, before immediately changing her stance to deliver a gargantuan kick to the torso of one of the beast's which crashed through it and cut the thing in half. Both of them worked in tandem with each other, clearly having fought together for a long, long time, but both of them were also incredibly attuned to the art of violence, displaying years of training, but not much practical experience like Kargath, which is why a scenario like this was perfect for them...

"Siglos... What's going on...?" Jeanne asked, handing Siglos his telescope as she seemed to strained to look her self.

(AP bullshit aside, let's get back to RP.)

Cain jumped into the fray of the army along with Sylvia, purple and black energy expanding around her and Sylvia, which came from her halo as the army was assaulted with Siglos' enhanced freezing rounds and Noah's mist. Cain grabbed one of the things by the head and plunged her fingers right into the front of its head, twisting her hand and tearing apart whatever the hell it had as a brain. Sylvia flipped around, using her immense size and speed to deliver a spinning kick to the jaw of one of the knight's, the muscles in her legs violently contracting through her clothing as she knocked its jaw off just before it was hit with a freezing round to make it far easier to break. It seemed that freezing them made them far more brittle, and thus, much easier to harm.
( I HAD THIS TYPED OUT BUT YOU NINJAED ME AH)
Siglos looked at the battlefield for a moment, his eyes lingering on Slyvia.

"...So that's...Martial arts..." Siglos murmured. He didn't even know a body could move that way. Quickly he shook his head, cursing himself silently for zoning out. Reaching into his bag for a moment, he struggled for a moment, before pulling out what seemed to be a large bucket, the object glowing slightly with a dark blue hue.

"A-alright...let's see if this works..." Siglos murmured. He began pouring some of his magic into the bucket. For a moment, nothing happened, before a highly pressurized burst of water nearly sent Siglos flying off the wall. Steadying the bucket with telekinesis, the water continued to gush forth slamming into the army's ranks. The water did little damage by itself, it was extremely cold, causing it to instantly freeze when exposed to the cold temperatures being created by the party. Enemies that were soaked in the water were nearly immediately frozen, increasing the effectiveness of their freezing onslaught.

The effort finally seemed to be turning in the group's favor as Cain twisted her waist, plunging her toes into the eye socket of one of the beasts and then tearing through its head with her foot while Sylvia crushed one of the enemy's skulls in-between her knee and elbow, before immediately changing her stance to deliver a gargantuan kick to the torso of one of the beast's which crashed through it and cut the thing in half. Both of them worked in tandem with each other, clearly having fought together for a long, long time, but both of them were also incredibly attuned to the art of violence, displaying years of training, but not much practical experience like Kargath, which is why a scenario like this was perfect for them...

"Siglos... What's going on...?" Jeanne asked, handing Siglos his telescope as she seemed to strained to look her self.
I-i'll check..." Siglos murmured grabbing the telescope. Moving away from his bucket for a moment, he began to examine the enemy army, trying to find out what was happening.

What Siglos could see was Cain, Sylvia, and Kargath RIPPING and TEARING through the frozen ranks of the army, leaving only the beast that had pointed at him standing after a time, its arms crossed, seeming unconcerned with the death of its army...
Siglos looked for a moment.

"Well...uh, the Rakshashin duo and K-Kargath are clearing most of them out....b-but...the big b-beast in the back is just...watching..." Siglos said softly.

"...H-he's not attacking o-or anything. J-just...standing there..."

Last edited:
Noah stopped, she watching the big guy from a safe long distance, did the guy not care about the death of his companions or did he have a special ability to revive them? those were Noah's thoughts, but she had to keep the distance not wanting to be in the middle of a sudden attack

The thing began to walk forward, and was immediately met with Sylvia delivering a kick to its jaw and Cain delivering a stab to its stomach with her fingers, but, it didn't care about that, and grabbed Sylvia. "A-Agh!!" And threw her to the ground, only to be met with Cain pulling out her hand from its stomach and moving to stab it directly in the eye while Sylvia got up immediately.

"It's... beginning to attack..." Jeanne said, taking the telescope once more and straining herself to look through it.

The thing began to walk forward, and was immediately met with Sylvia delivering a kick to its jaw and Cain delivering a stab to its stomach with her fingers, but, it didn't care about that, and grabbed Sylvia. "A-Agh!!" And threw her to the ground, only to be met with Cain pulling out her hand from its stomach and moving to stab it directly in the eye while Sylvia got up immediately.

"It's... beginning to attack..." Jeanne said, taking the telescope once more and straining herself to look through it.
(You ninja'd me lol)

Kargath immediately tried to act as the vanguard, immediately going for attacks to the throat and neck, letting Cain go for the belly as Gazlowe focused everything he could including two icethrowers and ice turrets at a range

The thing seemed to ignore the freezing turrets despite the obvious damage it did as Cain latched onto its face while Kargath went for the throat and neck, both of them being able to do some damage, but, at this range, the thing was able to bite into Cain's leg, causing her to instinctively let go of it as it thrashed its head around and tried to throw her into the ice turrets, her leg having been decently chewed up by the thing as it was then met with a kick to the legs by Sylvia who was trying to knock it off balance so that Kargath could focus on finishing the job for good.

Back