• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Country Divided (Redux) • RP Thread

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
The call was made, and now all that had to be done was to wait at the peaceful Cairne Village...

1 day after the message...

A portal opened, and a fairly short woman in turqoise robes and a matching hat walked through, breathing out relief as she brushed off some dust in her robe, she was holding a staff that looked like it was made of silver and tipped with a Sapphire, with green eyes scanning the area... simple village with simple wooden/stone walls, nothing important here, so why then was this the rendezvous? She didn't know, but the village looked solid enough at least, and the view from this green grassy hill was beautiful, with an outlook for a couple miles of forest before the trees were too high to see past...

Another woman, this one with strange mannerisms began to walk out of the forest, looking around with piercing red eyes, in fact, many things about her were strange, blood-red detached sleeve gloves, and thigh-high blood-red boots, with the only white clothing on her being her piece that covered her bits, a flared skirt tipped with a red metal... the woman hadn't found anything yet it seemed.

The day seemed perfectly normal too... but something had to be up, right?

(Registration Thread

Character List)

"This is our rendezvous? No grand welcome? No...flourish of extravagance? The royal coffers must truly be running low..."

A creature sat in the backseat of a carriage, not hiding his disdain as he glanced at the quaint town that would serve as the meeting spot. Its black fur glistened in the sunlight, displaying a sheen only possible with careful, precise grooming. Not a hair was out of place...combed and flattened across his nearly seven 8 feet of fur and flesh. He raised a clawed hand, gingerly smoothing out his whiskers with his finger. The other hand, ordained in an elaborate, metal sleeve, remained at his side, a claw idly tapping against his armored thigh.

"...This...human...should hope this is worth my time...I had to postpone several expeditions to meet this little 'summon' of hers..." The creature muttered. Its voice was deep and accented, with a barely noticeable trill hidden just beneath the surface, a consequence of his feline ancestors. He cracked his neck, signaling for the carriage driver to stop just outside the outskirts of the village. With a leap that seemed at odds with his rather large, armored frame, he jumped to the ground below, a bit of dust and dirt being kicked up on impact. He idly wiped his cloak clean, before heading into the village proper, his sharp green eyes scanning the homes.

Without paying much attention to the surroundings, someone was walking through the are, he was writing in a notebook, muttering things about distance and optimal usage of energy in fractals. His scars on his face were the most noticeable thing along with the colors of his armor. He liked a lot of green and purple

"This is our rendezvous? No grand welcome? No...flourish of extravagance? The royal coffers must truly be running low..."

A creature sat in the backseat of a carriage, not hiding his disdain as he glanced at the quaint town that would serve as the meeting spot. Its black fur glistened in the sunlight, displaying a sheen only possible with careful, precise grooming. Not a hair was out of place...combed and flattened across his nearly seven 8 feet of fur and flesh. He raised a clawed hand, gingerly smoothing out his whiskers with his finger. The other hand, ordained in an elaborate, metal sleeve, remained at his side, a claw idly tapping against his armored thigh.

"...This...human...should hope this is worth my time...I had to postpone several expeditions to meet this little 'summon' of hers..." The creature muttered. Its voice was deep and accented, with a barely noticeable trill hidden just beneath the surface, a consequence of his feline ancestors. He cracked his neck, signaling for the carriage driver to stop just outside the outskirts of the village. With a leap that seemed at odds with his rather large, armored frame, he jumped to the ground below, a bit of dust and dirt being kicked up on impact. He idly wiped his cloak clean, before heading into the village proper, his sharp green eyes scanning the homes.
The mutters were heard... and answered by a fast approaching individual... Rubedo. "If you're here then you accepted that you'd miss your expeditions." She spoke in a monotone voice, she didn't seem confident in besting the thing that stood two and a half feet above her in height, but she didn't seem unconfident either

"A Beastman... I've never seen one in person..." Palaria muttered to herself in wonder

A burly warrior standing at 6'7" with green skin, and a sheathed hammer and blade burped up some of the mead he had as he made his way toward Cairne Village.

His name was Kaminos Pyr. He had heard they were looking for individuals to lend their talents, so that's precisely what the Elf-Orc desired to do.

At the same time within Cairne, a woman in a dress and boots and braided hair approached the entrance after entertaining- and perhaps frightening- some of the townsfolks as she bested a contender in a game of their choosing. Content with the frolicking about she had done earlier, she made her way to the gate.

Kaminos only briefly took note of the carriage and man in armor. Right now, he was locking eyes with the woman that had arrived at the gate. The two didn't exchange any words, but the looks they gave suggested that they've had run-ins with each other in the past, even if only a few. The silent exchange only lasted about 2 seconds before Kaminos began to pick up the smells of the other members of the group.

"This is a pretty wild team we have here..." Kaminos said, before switching to a language he figured at least some of them would know, "*'Ph'rrea'ckix'ge vyi'll'de..."

*Elf for "Freaking wild".

At a distance, or... in the air perhaps, there was a figure floating down as they saw the village. The wind blew past the clouds, leaves falling in reverse, as if time had lifted them up along the air as it reached the fingers of her.

Beautiful as the skies above stood there a woman, whose unknown of age and attitude— blank slate? Or perhaps a serene outlook towards the downward path, wherein the view of the vast landscape became visible?

Blue hair like the sky, trailing backwards like the stars and comets to enlighten its silkiness. Highlighted by the clothes of same contours, her dress —lengthened to reach only at the thigh— revealing the black stockings she wore, a long dark sheathe swaying away attached from the side of the three belts wrapped around her waist.

Floating, her embroidered sandals felt going down as she approached the village, descending from the sky. Curious, she gazed at her newfound people to meet. Though not a fan of ruining her first impressions, she'd rather not present herself to be of pretentiously so as to embody a stereotype she clearly wasn't.

"..."

A summoning from her post during the travels; carried along her was a book, written in a language only she knows, hanging within the folds of her dress neatly placed and kept to not get in way of her walks.

However, despite landing at some distance near the armored feline, the right side of her outfit remained weightless— still carried by the wind as if the insides were hollow; armless at the other.

Carrying only a single limb to walk, she'd make her first step, eyes of inverted color— white sclera, blue irises and a silver pupil— glanced at the two woman from the portal and the one having his notebook.

She'd rather speak up now than be of background for later to make herself known.
The mutters were heard... and answered by a fast approaching individual... Rubedo. "If you're here then you accepted that you'd miss your expeditions." She spoke in a monotone voice, she didn't seem confident in besting the thing that stood two and a half feet above her in height, but she didn't seem unconfident either
"Hello," greeted her, approaching them, waving her singular hand gently. "Sorry, to... intrude your conversation; this is the meeting place, I assume?" a little rhetorical in tone, emphasized by her not-so monotone voice, yet mature enough to tell she is as old as she looks, though not as tall as the guy she's standing near to.

The Beastman turned to face her, his eyes lowering to the woman as she spoke.

"And so I have. I assume you're part of the...rabble, that was summoned here?" The beast said. His voice was even, and confident, his hand resting on his hip as he spoke.

"Yes." Rubedo said simply, answering two questions at once

"[Fly]" Palria muttered, before flying off to meet where the beastman, human, Homunculus was "Sorry if I'm interrupting anything!"

As he approached Cairne, Morgan deactivated the illusion he had shielding him. He wanted to make sure he made a good first impression and didn't want anyone thinking he was trying to sneak up on them. Adjusting his jacket and running a hand through his red hair he approached the gathered group with a smile on his face. "Hello there everyone. How are you all doing this fine day?"

"...Quite...crowded." The beastman murmured, his eyes scanning the new arrivals. His feline ears twitched ever so slightly, the man's face twisting into the slightest grimace.

"...Alert me when the human who summoned us arrives." He muttered. Regardless of whether he got a response, he turned away from the group, moving to lean against a nearby wall before pulling a book from his bag.

"...Quite...crowded." The beastman murmured, his eyes scanning the new arrivals. His feline ears twitched ever so slightly, the man's face twisting into the slightest grimace.

"...Alert me when the human who summoned us arrives." He muttered. Regardless of whether he got a response, he turned away from the group, moving to lean against a nearby wall before pulling a book from his bag.
"Mind if we exchange names?"

Though her presence wasn't recognized because they didn't read my post, the woman approached him and looked up at the feline person.

"I'll start first, I am Caitlin Chelsea C. Clarinda. High Elder of the Sheng Yen." nodding her head, speaking politely as she didn't knew what his age was— whether or not he's older.

Maybe it was because he wasn't paying attention, maybe it was because things always came out randomly, maybe because yes, but the man with brown hair and bright green armor, he collided with Caitlin although it was a light push enough for him to return to current reality and pay attention again.

"Not again, I'm sorry" Rassilon apologizing to the one-armed woman.

Last edited:
"Mind if we exchange names?"

Though her presence wasn't recognized because they didn't read my post, the woman approached him and looked up at the feline person.

"I'll start first, I am Caitlin Chelsea C. Clarinda. High Elder of the Sheng Yen." nodding her head, speaking politely as she didn't knew what his age was— whether or not he's older.
The Beastman looked up from his book, his eyes narrowing ever so slightly. He seemed almost...annoyed, and for a brief moment, the beast said nothing.

"...Za'zhirr." He said simply, giving her a curt nod in acknowledgment.

"Remind me when we need to get your royalness catnip!" Palaria tried to joke, glancing at Caitlin as she introduced herself, and to Rassilon as he bumped into her "well, my name is Palaria, and um... try not to kill eachother."

Rubedo kind of just nodded and looked at Rassilon with an emotionless face

"....No."

"...dangerous... no."

"...they... hurt."

"No..."

"...but... what if..."

"...I... an...swer... summon... y... yes... but..."

In the far bushes somewhat deep into the forest... "something" was hiding away... chatting with seemingly nobody. Seemingly... with itself. It seemed to be arguing with itself... or more like it was arguing with multiple people at once, and was clearly losing the argument.

"...yes... if .. pain... kill... yes. ...would be easy... yes..."

"Kill lots... kill... so much... kill... kïľ1..."

The thing and the voices seemed to eventually come to... somewhat of an agreement. Albeit a... quite bloody agreement, if anything. The distortions in its voice was periodic and... violent... as if it's throat was constantly clogged with an inhuman viscous substance... but it's ramblings were barely decipherable.

"...."

Eventually, the thing would emerge from the forest without warning- There were no signs of its presence prior. It seemed as if it had appeared out of nowhere, or emerged from the shadows... it was covered in a cloak that hid its face and physical features, yet no clothing could ever hide the... giant black halo floating above it, the item slowly spinning with each passing moment.

From within the darkness of the cloak's hood shone a pair of golden eyes, akin to the full moon... and another large light seemingly shining from where there forehead would be, possessing a third eye they seemingly had no intent to hide.

".....hi."

It was clearly not friendly. But here for the same purpose everyone else was.

"....No."

"...dangerous... no."

"...they... hurt."

"No..."

"...but... what if..."

"...I... an...swer... summon... y... yes... but..."

In the far bushes somewhat deep into the forest... "something" was hiding away... chatting with seemingly nobody. Seemingly... with itself. It seemed to be arguing with itself... or more like it was arguing with multiple people at once, and was clearly losing the argument.

"...yes... if .. pain... kill... yes. ...would be easy... yes..."

"Kill lots... kill... so much... kill... kill..."

The thing and the voices seemed to eventually come to... somewhat of an agreement. Albeit a... quite bloody agreement, if anything. The distortions in its voice was periodic and... violent... as if it's throat was constantly clogged with an inhuman viscous substance... but it's ramblings were barely decipherable.

"...."

Eventually, the thing would emerge from the forest without warning- There were no signs of its presence prior. It seemed as if it had appeared out of nowhere, or emerged from the shadows... it was covered in a cloak that hid its face and physical features, yet no clothing could ever hide the... giant black halo floating above it, the item slowly spinning with each passing moment.

From within the darkness of the cloak's hood shone a pair of golden eyes, akin to the full moon... and another large light seemingly shining from where there forehead would be, possessing a third eye they seemingly had no intent to hide.

".....hi."

It was clearly not friendly. But here for the same purpose everyone else was.
Palaria immediately approached, looking into the individual's eyes with nothing but curiosity, no fear, no negative emotions but curiosity... "hi, what's your name? Mine's Palaria.

Rubedo turned her head, looking the individual into the eye, and recognizing something within them that she didn't quite understand yet

The feline's eyes turned to face the strange...thing that emerged from the forest, his pupils dilating. A slow...quiet hiss emerged from his lips, his ears flattening. He ignored the childish taunts of the mage who had addressed him prior, his body straightening against the nearby wall.

"...What manner of creature is...that." The man thought to himself.

Palaria immediately approached, looking into the individual's eyes with nothing but curiosity, no fear, no negative emotions but curiosity... "hi, what's your name? Mine's Palaria.

Rubedo turned her head, looking the individual into the eye, and recognizing something within them that she didn't quite understand yet
"...." The thing did not answer for a few moments, pondering their response. All 3 of its eyes blinked at once, the light fading from their hood for a short moment, before beginning to shine once more.

"...Nigredo."

The thing did not share its true title with this... girl. But it did not matter. N0th>ng dID. So long as there was something to refer to them by, it did not matter.

"Remind me when we need to get your royalness catnip!" Palaria tried to joke, glancing at Caitlin as she introduced herself, and to Rassilon as he bumped into her "well, my name is Palaria, and um... try not to kill eachother."

Rubedo kind of just nodded and looked at Rassilon with an emotionless face

"Sorry, well I'm Rassilon Yssgaroth" Rassilon said, he stepped back a little and put his notebook and pencil in his pocket.

Perhaps for those more versed in history and other languages they could identify that Yssgaroth was related to Vampires, perhaps not as they are literally vampires but something that shares history with them.

The Beastman looked up from his book, his eyes narrowing ever so slightly. He seemed almost...annoyed, and for a brief moment, the beast said nothing.

"...Za'zhirr." He said simply, giving her a curt nod in acknowledgment.
"Well it is a pleasure to meet you, I hope we can get alon-"
The feline's eyes turned to face the strange...thing that emerged from the forest, his pupils dilating. A slow...quiet hiss emerged from his lips, his ears flattening. He ignored the childish taunts of the mage who had addressed him prior, his body straightening against the nearby wall.

"...What manner of creature is...that." The man thought to himself.
She turned around to see the creature that made their presence known, curious to see what exactly it is.
"...." The thing did not answer for a few moments, pondering their response. All 3 of its eyes blinked at once, the light fading from their hood for a short moment, before beginning to shine once more.

"...Nigredo."

The thing did not share its true title with this... girl. But it did not matter. N0th>ng dID. So long as there was something to refer to them by, it did not matter.
"Well, I am..." she walked near to the thing, though was cautious to know if it did attack, "My name is Caitlin, I suppose you too were called here..." again, not as much as rhetorical, but by basing merely on her speech, it'd be best to keep her speech simple to understand. "How are you doing?" would be the first approach.

"...Nigredo."

Nigredo.

Rubedo recognized that term, but from where? She'd have to think on it...

Palaria recognized that that wasn't the girl's real name, but that didn't really matter to her, so she spoke "Well Nigredo, how do you feel right now?" She asked, putting her empty hand out for the individual before them

To many things were talking to it right now. To many... people. Lots of people were here. And that... bothered it. Insects. They were like insects. Except only the few of countless others buz---zzźžii>>nnggg. Buzzing. In their head.

"...."

"Nigredo" was clearly not in the mood to talk. As such, they ignored Cait...lll...i.I.. and Pala... something. And they moved away. And then they just stood completely still, their halo spinning above them endlessly.

Morgan listened intently to all the details that these people shared and filed them away for later. He had already heard a few things that piqued his interest or that related to things he already knew. However he figured that he should make an introduction of his own. "If we are introducing ourselves then allow me. My name is Morgan Arachne. Pleased to meet you all." Some people might recognize the last name as belonging to a rather influential merchant family. Their name was rather well known especially in the places they had been dealing with for so many years.

Caitlin would look at Palaria and nod, at least they both knew what that Nigredo thing isn't going to be as docile. Hence, she slightly backed off and just stared at the creature, though looking at the others.
Morgan listened intently to all the details that these people shared and filed them away for later. He had already heard a few things that piqued his interest or that related to things he already knew. However he figured that he should make an introduction of his own. "If we are introducing ourselves then allow me. My name is Morgan Arachne. Pleased to meet you all." Some people might recognize the last name as belonging to a rather influential merchant family. Their name was rather well known especially in the places they had been dealing with for so many years.
Including him, which was by no means she was looking with ill will, just an observation of surroundings since she'd rather not look to be unassuming.

"......" The beastman continued to stare at the creature for a few long moments, before glancing towards Morgan.

"...I did not expect a member of the Arachne family to show their face here. Send them my regards." The beastman said simply. His own work had caused him to seek the family's intel on more than one occasion, their information proving valuable for his...collecting purposes.

(I assume it's alright to say other characters had sought out his family's services, if that's not ok I'll edit it lol)

Rassilon didn't know what to do, he was slightly nervous so he stayed next to Caitlin, he hoped that his chaotic luck (not supernatural luck, but the luck of someone who goes crazy) wouldn't try to screw him up, he recognized the lastname Arachne, but it was because like 1 or 2 time he bought something from them to finish his latest invention, nothing more, he looked at everyone..

"This is uncomfortable" he thought.

What was an... Arachne? That sounded like something that could be killed. Of course, anything could be killed. Everything wîĺl be killed, of course. Why not? Why yes? Uhhhhh...

Nigredo turned to Morgan, "...Ar... ag.. nay?"

"......" The beastman continued to stare at the creature for a few long moments, before glancing towards Morgan.

"...I did not expect a member of the Arachne family to show their face here. Send them my regards." The beastman said simply. His own work had caused him to seek the family's intel on more than one occasion, their information proving valuable for his...collecting purposes.

(I assume it's alright to say other characters had sought out his family's services, if that's not ok I'll edit it lol)

(That's fine. It honestly probably makes more sense that way.)

Morgan's smile grew at that and he responded, "Of course I will. Glad to see that our services have been of use." He briefly wondered just what the beastman had acquired from them, be it goods or information, but it wasn't really important.
What was an... Arachne? That sounded like something that could be killed. Of course, anything could be killed. Everything wîĺl be killed, of course. Why not? Why yes? Uhhhhh...

He turned his attention to Nigredo with an curious look on his face. "Arachne," he pronounced it slowly and clearly before continuing, "It is the name of my family. A family of merchants to be precise."

He turned his attention to Nigredo with an curious look on his face. "Arachne," he pronounced it slowly and clearly before continuing, "It is the name of my family. A family of merchants to be precise."
Arachne... Arachne... such a big word. So... difficult to pronounce. The thing did not like big words. They heard so many big words all the time, so many infinitely big words, that they could no longer pronounce them right.

"Aragnay." They nodded. This was how to say it. Definitely.

Rassilon didn't know what to do, he was slightly nervous so he stayed next to Caitlin, he hoped that his chaotic luck (not supernatural luck, but the luck of someone who goes crazy) wouldn't try to screw him up, he recognized the lastname Arachne, but it was because like 1 or 2 time he bought something from them to finish his latest invention, nothing more, he looked at everyone..

"This is uncomfortable" he thought.
He'd slowly end up being on Caitlin's armless side, which she gave him a look and said, "The pale woman could speak..."
Arachne... Arachne... such a big word. So... difficult to pronounce. The thing did not like big words. They heard so many big words all the time, so many infinitely big words, that they could no longer pronounce them right.

Referring to the figure which did look feminine in her eyes, as she wondered, "Maybe speech impediment?" asking to the air or to Rassilon beside her, placing a hand on her chin.

He sighed but had an amused look oh his face, "If that's what you want." he said. He had no reason to make a big deal of the pronunciation and it was kinda funny.

To many things were talking to it right now. To many... people. Lots of people were here. And that... bothered it. Insects. They were like insects. Except only the few of countless others buz---zzźžii>>nnggg. Buzzing. In their head.

"...."

"Nigredo" was clearly not in the mood to talk. As such, they ignored Cait...lll...i.I.. and Pala... something. And they moved away. And then they just stood completely still, their halo spinning above them endlessly.
"..." Palaria smiled a little, she understood and took a step back

"...you can call me Pal." Palaria said, keeping to being friendly and even trying to help Nigredo talk to her better

Rubedo eventually began to walk towards Nigredo, piercing red eyes trying to examine the smaller individual, almost... examining them.

"Pal. Aragnay. Pal... an...d... Arag...nay." Nigredo repeated those two "words" a few times to itself, as if trying to memorize them before it was lost in the cacophony of... uhhhhh... yeah?

"Pal and Aragnay. Uh huh."

"...you can call me Pal." Palaria said, keeping to being friendly and even trying to help Nigredo talk to her better
"I guess you can call me Cee..." just the letter C would be even shorter, but at least she'd be friendly towards this poor thing.

Last edited:
"Pal. Aragnay. Pal... an...d... Arag...nay." Nigredo repeated those two "words" a few times to itself, as if trying to memorize them before it was lost in the cacophony of... uhhhhh... yeah?

"Pal and Aragnay. Uh huh."
"Yeah, youre getting the hang of it, see?" Palaria said, smiling genuinely

"...My name is Rubedo." The woman said, a fair distance away from Nigredo, but it wasn't like she wasn't close enough to get a good look...

"Well, heh, call me Rass" Rassilon said to Nigredo, in fact it was the nickname that some old friends used to refer to him.

"Cee. And... rass." Small words. Nigredo liked small words... it loved small words. Small words were easy... so easy.

"...and... Rubedo." Rubedo. The first word they'd pronounced correctly on the first try. Very funny. Indeed. C0?êđyyyyy.

"Cee. And... rass." Small words. Nigredo liked small words... it loved small words. Small words were easy... so easy.
"Good?" a more simplified version, giving a thumbs up to see if she was fine.
"...and... Rubedo." Rubedo. The first word they'd pronounced correctly on the first try. Very funny. Indeed. C0?êđyyyyy.
But that later confirms that this thing wasn't fine, so she'd look at the supposed Rubedo. "I assume Rub would work..."

Rassilon noticed how she say Rubedo correctly, that made him frown, maybe he would investigate it later, it could be a coincidence but it's just a hunch.

"I wonder how many others will be here? others than the one who organized this of course" Rassilon say

Back