• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flammarion: The Roleplay Thread

A portal opens from the invitation sent by Flammarion. Everyone who had the strange letter is pulled into it by a strong current. It feels like you're a certain crab who got sucked through a pipe by Delta-P, except your alive. After a long, very dizzying fall, everyone finds themselves in a summoning circle inside a small cottage. Two young witches stand before you and let out a sigh of disappointment.

"...Flammarion's gonna be pissed."

The first witch spoke. She looked like your run-of-the-mill cat girl. However, she's wearing a purple witch outfit that looks like it was made out of torn up bed sheets. Her hands glow with golden light and it seems as if she was the one directly responsible for summoning everyone here.

"Huh?! Are you telling me out of the INFINITE worlds we could of pulled people from, THIS is what all we got?"

The second witch turns to everyone, and gives an absolutely hopeless look towards you. She's short, skinny, and has glasses twice the size of her eyes drooping from her face. Her attire is similarly as unfashionable as her friend's and holds a book in her hand.

"...Yup." says the first witch, in a calm tone.

"AGHHHH! FLAMMARION'S NOT GONNA PAY US FOR THIS! WE'RE GOING BROKE!" the second witch screamed in despair as she clutched her hat.

"Wait! Maybe these guys might, y'know, be legit. Lets give them chance to introduce themselves!" The first witch walks towards everyone and bows politely.

"Hi! I'm Cat-herine. Get it? Because I'mma cat girl. Meow."

Catherine awkwardly points to the second witch, who is currently bawling her eyes out.

"This is Natsume! We're, uh, roommates?"

"WE'RE BEST FRIENDS, YOU ASS -" Natsume screams out, before continuing crying obnoxiously.

Catherine sighs before speaking again. This time in a deadpan tone.

"And we're the people who summoned you here under the orders of our ever so graceful Lord and Savior: King Flammarion the First (Trademark). As the email he wrote suggested, you are here to trek through his mountain, and fight him in a very. very glorious battle to the death. If you guys manage to beat him, you will inherit his near god-like power and become King/Queen/President of the entire world. Fail to do so and you become one of the many names that will go on "The List of Losers". Got it? Feel free to ask any questions. You can also just leave if you'd like, just make sure not to destroy our rented out living space. Please. It's all we have."

Natsume curls into a ball.

"They're just gonna die like all the rest. Flammarion's definitely not gonna give us our wage OR bi-weekly food rations..."

It seems the world has opened for everyone to choose their path.

Last edited:
Daedalus just stared at them menacingly for a few seconds, before responding to the two in a cold, raspy voice.

“….you two irritate me. Why should I not freeze the both of you solid?”

@Da3ggman

Catherine sighs.

“Actually, you’d be doing me a favor. The rents too high for me to keep up with anyways.”

Natsume cries even louder.

“OH GOD WE WERE JUST DOING OUR JOBS PLEASE SPARE US - ”

Catherine kicks her.

“Shut it! We don’t know if we summoned any psychopaths. They might get enjoyment out of murdering crybabies like you.”

Daedalus just stared at them menacingly for a few seconds, before responding to the two in a cold, raspy voice.

“….you two irritate me. Why should I not freeze the both of you solid?”
"You just arrived here and want to start causing trouble?"

Asked a woman from behind him.
@Da3ggman

Catherine sighs.

“Actually, you’d be doing me a favor. The rents too high for me to keep up with anyways.”

Catherine kicks her.

“Shut it! We don’t know if we summoned any psychopaths. They might get enjoyment out of murdering crybabies like you.”
"Okay, for starters, where are we and what exactly are we here for?"

The woman crossed her arms. Black coat, white dress with red tinges, and a strange looking weapon floating behind her.

A face very indifferent yet having no ill-will, just stared at the two and back Daedalus.

"Well, I, for one, have no interest in such disgusting barbarity." Freya said with an untitled book in hand, smiling. "Ladies- Forgive the large Sir for his rudeness. We're all simply... confused, if you could say that."

A white-haired woman stepped towards Natsume and Catherine, dressed in peculiar black garbs and with a weird... bloody third-eye blinking aimlessly on her forehead. Fleshy tentacles sprouted from her... back? Her tailbone? Somewhere on her body, and one of them placed itself gently on Natsume's shoulder, as if comforting the pathetic crybaby.

@Da3ggman

Catherine sighs.

Catherine kicks her.

“I gain no pleasure from swatting flies, thank you very much.”
"You just arrived here and want to start causing trouble?"

Asked a woman from behind him.
“I came here to conquer, and that is what I intend to do; but…perhaps I was a bit hasty.” He admitted.

"Well, I, for one, have no interest in such disgusting barbarity." Freya said with an untitled book in hand, smiling. "Ladies- Forgive the large Sir for his rudeness. We're all simply... confused, if you could say that."
"Right." she nodded, "Glad someone here is sane enough..." muttered.

“I came here to conquer, and that is what I intend to do; but…perhaps I was a bit hasty.” He admitted.
"Well do that later. Pretty sure they spent enough time to have this whole fiasco be explained this on us..."

"Oh great, I hope this will be a good party" a certain man would say as he sat in a chair that God knows where he found, in addition to a coffee.

"I hope that the Show that we, your guests, is to your liking and that we don't end this game like some of the previous ones" Zack said while winking at nothing

A white-haired woman stepped towards Natsume and Catherine, dressed in peculiar black garbs and with a weird... bloody third-eye blinking aimlessly on her forehead. Fleshy tentacles sprouted from her... back? Her tailbone? Somewhere on her body, and one of them placed itself gently on Natsume's shoulder, as if comforting the pathetic crybaby.
"Such a fascinating creature...tell me, what exactly are you?" he questioned, seeming genuinely curious.

@Backbackback

Catherine looks towards you and pulls out a small sheet of paper. She reads off it.

“Ahem - Flammarion made us summon you guys for his annual Festival of Glory. It's a thing where he summons the most "powerful" warriors from across dimensions for a chance at godhood by clearing out the four lords who control his land and meeting him in battle. Between you and me though, this is just something he does to boost his ego. Like every year a new batch of weirdos pop in and start wreaking havoc, before they inevitable end up getting murked by Flammarion. It's a sort of sport for him. I guess rich, God-like dudes have nothing better to do with their time."

She clears her throat.

"You guys are in a sort of mountainous island ruled by Flammy himself. As of right now...you're at the very base of the mountain. Me and Natty live in this shitty coastal village because Flammarion gets to decide every aspect of his residents lives. Every. Single. Aspect."

@azontr

Natsume shudders and suddenly goes quiet.

"C-Catherine...I think this one wants to eat us...."

Catherine sighs.

"Don't worry, Natty. You'd taste like expired pizza and Flammarion Dew (trademark). I'm pretty sure this horror-beyond-our-comprehension got standards."

Catherine looks towards you and smiles.

"Thanks for trying. Natty's just a little nervous, and hungry.

@Oliver_de_jesus

Catherine laughs.

"Don't worry, this ends with either our shitty king finally kicking the bucket, or you guys dying. I believe in you, though."

Natsume gets up slowly and wipes her tears off her face.

"Y-Yeah. YEAH! You guys look like you've kicked some butt before, right? Go get him! I got tools in the back that can help you navigate this place."

"Oh, before i forgot, I want to indicate that you should move this battleground to a more appropriate place for your fun and game, you know how people are when you mess the rulers about what is versus and a game for people" Zack say, then he stood up from his chair.

"Well, I, Zack, the greatest player in my world, accept the challenge."

Catherine looks towards you and pulls out a small sheet of paper. She reads off it.

“Ahem - Flammarion made us summon you guys for his annual Festival of Glory. It's a thing where he summons the most "powerful" warriors from across dimensions for a chance at godhood by clearing out the four lords who control his land and meeting him in battle. Between you and me though, this is just something he does to boost his ego. Like every year a new batch of weirdos pop in and start wreaking havoc, before they inevitable end up getting murked by Flammarion. It's a sort of sport for him. I guess rich, God-like dudes have nothing better to do with their time."
"Basically kill the four leaders and get godlike power." the woman summarized. "Fair enough."

@Da3ggman @ThisThingisReallyBroken

"As this lovely, seemingly young lady has put it, I am what one calls a horror-beyond-your comprehension." Freya smiles, removing her tentacle from crybaby Natsume.

"For one, I don't think humans are tasty. This Flammarion fellow, though... why, he could be quite the delectable opponent..."

"Exactly how many times has this "Festival of Glory" taken place?" he asked her, starting to lose his cold edge from before. "I imagine if he has enough power that summoning the strongest beings throughout dimensions, then he would have battled and won against many a foe."

"As this lovely, seemingly young lady has put it, I am what one calls a horror-beyond-your comprehension." Freya smiles, removing her tentacle from crybaby Natsume.

"For one, I don't think humans are tasty. This Flammarion fellow, though... why, he could be quite the delectable opponent..."
"So we're all on the same page about killing this guy?" the woman asked, "I may also take back what I said about you being sane..." she muttered.

"So we're all on the same page as killing this guy?" the woman asked, "I may also take back what I said about you being sane..." she muttered.
"Godlike power and all doesn't exactly interest me, if I am to be completely honest. All I could desire from this is a glorious battle... and, should I lose my life, an entertaining death." She said, "To that end, yes, I suppose we all are on the 'same page' about ending the man's life."

She took no offense to the comment on her sanity, nor did she acknowledge it.

"You'd be surprised what I can comprehend; but, if you wish to remain so mysterious, then that's fine by me." he told her, creating a chair out of ice as he fell backwards, landing perfectly just as it finished forming.

"You'd be surprised what I can comprehend; but, if you wish to remain so mysterious, then that's fine by me." he told her, creating a chair out of ice as he fell backwards, landing perfectly just as it finished forming.
"Oho~ the big Sir fancies himself a man of larger than life intellect? Perhaps you may be hiding something else... just as large, out of sight?"

@Oliver_de_jesus

A piece of cake appears in your hand, with a strange note that says "lmao". You feel as if eating it can temporarily amp your speed two-fold. Catherine gives you a strange look, but ignores that strange comment about "Fun and game".

@Backbackback

"Yup. You got it. However, I forgot to mention since Flammarion loves to be mischievous...

@Everyone

Catherine raises her voice.

"ONLY ONE CAN BE...A GOD!

She delivers this message in a purposefully exaggerated tone.

"..Basically, there's only one winner in this game, though I've never seen it go that far. Most people just die halfway through."

Natsume bumps into the conversation, this time with a much cheerier tune.

"So keep your friends close, and your enemies closer!"

@Da3ggman

Natsume sighs.

"I've heard this things been going on for hundreds of years. My mom used to tell me how our family has famously been known for collecting the bodies of dead heroes for generations! Before our jobs got outsourced to slave labor, of course. Hehe.

"Godlike power and all doesn't exactly interest me, if I am to be completely honest. All I could desire from this is a glorious battle... and, should I lose my life, an entertaining death." She said, "To that end, yes, I suppose we all are on the 'same page' about ending the man's life."

She took no offense to the comment on her sanity, nor did she acknowledge it.
"I can definitely see these two being a couple in the future..." she thought, but brushes the assumption aside.
"Oho~ the big Sir fancies himself a man of larger than life intellect? Perhaps you may be hiding something else... just as large, out of sight?"
"That's a sign right there..." nodded to herself.

"..Basically, there's only one winner in this game, though I've never seen it go that far. Most people just die halfway through."

"A battle royale." she replied. "But what if someone doesn't want to be a god and just stayed out of trouble?"

@Backbackback

Catherine shrugs.

"Well...there aren't any rules against teams, and actually, a good portion of people who "join" this competition don't really want power!"

Natsume smiles and speaks again

"Yeah! Most just wanna live their lives, but Flammarion always makes an example out of them..."

She shudders in fear.

Catherine shrugs.

"Well...there aren't any rules against teams, and actually, a good portion of people who "join" this competition don't really want power!"

"Yeah! Most just wanna live their lives, but Flammarion always makes an example out of them..."

She shudders in fear.
"Does he perhaps take concubines? Perhaps I could worm my way out of battle by earning his favor?" The abomination from beyond the stars joked.

"....Now now...it's a bit too early in the day for bloodthirst, is it not?" A voice sounded from the corner of the room. Smooth like silk...and sweet like honey. A tall figure stepped into the room, his good eye scanning the gathered warriors.

“…Sonnet. A pleasure to make your acquaintance, everyone.“

@Backbackback

Catherine shrugs.

She shudders in fear.
"So the douchebag would come in and kill those who want none of the smoke..." she breathed out, "That sucks."
"Does he perhaps take concubines? Perhaps I could worm my way out of battle by earning his favor?" The abomination from beyond the stars joked.
"That could work." she gave a thumbs up.
"....Now now...it's a bit too early in the day for bloodthirst, is it not?" A voice sounded from the corner of the room. Smooth like silk...and sweet like honey. A tall figure stepped into the room, his good eye scanning the gathered warriors.

“…Sonnet. A pleasure to make your acquaintance, everyone.“
"Nice to meet you. Name's Kunimitsu..." raised her hand to greet him.

@Oliver_de_jesus

A piece of cake appears in your hand, with a strange note that says "lmao". You feel as if eating it can temporarily amp your speed two-fold. Catherine gives you a strange look, but ignores that strange comment about "Fun and game".

@Backbackback

"Yup. You got it. However, I forgot to mention since Flammarion loves to be mischievous...

@Everyone

@Da3ggman

Natsume sighs.

"I've heard this things been going on for hundreds of years. My mom used to tell me how our family has famously been known for collecting the bodies of dead heroes for generations! Before our jobs got outsourced to slave labor, of course. Hehe.

Zack smiles as he gets a temporary power up and saves it for later when he needs it.

"Well, an Easter Egg that I'm grateful for, and yes, I guess it makes sense that only one can be the supreme ruler" he later see Sonnet

"oh, greetings fellow competitor hope we get a fair competition"

“Trust me, you have no idea!” He said to her, smirking a bit as he chuckled to himself.

A scowl and look of disgust quickly replaced his more flirtatious look. “So, he uses slave labor, ay? Of course someone as ancient as him would resort to such vile methods.”

@azontr

Catherine looks you dead in the eyes, takes a deep breath, and says:

"He's gay."

@The_man_with_the_Midas_touch

Natsume immediately blushes upon seeing Sonnet, and turns away shyly. Catherine scoffs and looks at him.

"You must be quite the ladies man where you come from, mister."

@Da3ggman

Natsume snaps back to reality and responds to you in a cheeky way.

"Well, it's more live debt slavery, but you know what? In a life like this, you always gotta have a positive mindset! There's worse jobs to be held. Like his "Jesters".

@Backbackback

Catherine offers you a piece of candy.

"You know, you'd be doing us favor if you guys managed to somehow kill him. Life really sucks when a manchild has complete control over everyone. Surely whoever comes next can't be worse than him, right?"

She laughs nervously.

"Nice to meet you. Name's Kunimitsu..." raised her hand to greet him.
"Kunimitsu? Well...a pretty name for a pretty lady, as I'd expect." The man said, flashing her a soft smile, he gave her a small bow, before taking a seat.

A scowl and look of disgust quickly replaced his more flirtatious look. “So, he uses slave labor, ay? Of course someone as ancient as him would resort to such vile methods.”
"Well...if nothing else I'm glad I don't need to kill a man of worth. Easier to work with a clear conscience." He said, chuckling slightly.

Natsume immediately blushes upon seeing Sonnet, and turns away shyly. Catherine scoffs and looks at him.

"You must be quite the ladies man where you come from, mister."
"Ladies...men...and the occasional automata, should it strike their fancy. I seek to impress in all respects." The man said softly, flashing the pair a smile.

"Now that's a compliment, handsome man." a slight smirk, "Glad to be working with you."
"Likewise, my fair maiden." The man said.

@azontr

Catherine raises an eyebrow. She silently judges your taste in men, before continuing conversing with others.

@The_man_with_the_Midas_touch

Natsume giggles.

"Well, you'd might make Flammarion real jealous of you if word of your looks goes around town. He's ordered death for less."

She looks at you with a slightly lustful gaze, perhaps she has become open to your charms?

Zack rolled his eyes Waiting for the one who was missing, he had a feeling that the player would not move without that person (Lou) since it would be rude.

"First of all, what happens if someone decides to teleport to the top, while I hate cheating, I'm curious, obviusly I imagine the enemies are strong enough to vaporize the intruder in case he blows up a couple of levels, but is there anything that prevents it?"

"Either you're flirting with me just because or something else." walking a little closer to him, "But, nonetheless, I appreciate your words.."
"Hah...well, I guess that shall remain a mystery, won't it." The man replied, chuckling ever so slightly.

"...But...do make sure to keep in touch, miss. It would be a shame to pass up any...chances for camaraderie."

Natsume giggles.

"Well, you'd might make Flammarion real jealous of you if word of your looks goes around town. He's ordered death for less."

She looks at you with a slightly lustful gaze, perhaps she has become open to your charms?
"Well...if everything goes to plan...it won't be my head they'll be mounting on a pike...." The man said, flashing another soft smile.

"Plus...when I'm in the presence of such...angelic beauties, such risks are more than worth it...are they not...?" The man's good eye glanced at Natsume, giving her the smallest wink.

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

"Irregardless, though... what would you say awaits us on our epic journey to defeat this Flammarion? What enemies await us? What epic tales will be written on this... great and dangerous quest for supremacy?" Freya asks curiously.

Back