• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

The Next Morning...

The sound of Sylvia's snoring still rang throughout the village as Jeanne returned to the inn after having trained for the entire night, trembling and breathing heavily with each step, her hair dragging behind her. Slowly, she moved back into the room to get her armor back on, and once she did, which took a bit due to the very obvious muscle strain, she began to braid her hair once again, which was a process that didn't take to long since she'd done it so many times already.

Gradually, Siglos stirred from his bed. Letting out a soft, light yawn, he slowly sat up, before wiping the sleep from his eyes. For a moment, he thought he had simply dreamed the events of the previous day...until he looked around the room.

"G....good morning Jeeane..." Siglos said tiredly. As he opened his eyes further, he froze. He noticed her heavy breathing and strained movements.

"...H-hey. A-are you alright?!" Siglos asked.

With her mana restored from her tome of resting, Saffi took a walk around the city. Her hair was long and straight with a single braid on the left side. Still, she couldn't shake the feeling. If legions could appear right outside the town at any given moment, they were all in more danger than any of them realized. She walked to the area of the city where they attacked the last time, and focused once more with her Extrasensory Perception. There was no saying that this wasn't one in a multitude of waves.

With her mana restored from her tome of resting, Saffi took a walk around the city. Her hair was long and straight with a single braid on the left side. Still, she couldn't shake the feeling. If legions could appear right outside the town at any given moment, they were all in more danger than any of them realized. She walked to the area of the city where they attacked the last time, and focused once more with her Extrasensory Perception. There was no saying that this wasn't one in a multitude of waves.
From what she could sense from her extrasensory perception, there wasn't anything that was approaching the village for now... But the fortifications from the last battle were still there. If anything did come to attack them again, they were already prepared with fortifications, at least.
Siglos clumsily stumbled out of bed, his chest and feet still bare from when he had slept. He stared at her hands for a moment, before looking back at her.

"...W-we didn't get attacked again while I was asleep....right?" Siglos asked.
"No, Siglos, I was just training. And don't you think it's unbefitting of a man to present himself so boldly in front of a young lady? Clothes, Siglos, put some on." Jeanne pointed out as she finished braiding her hair, breathing out.

"No, Siglos, I was just training. And don't you think it's unbefitting of a man to present himself so boldly in front of a young lady? Clothes, Siglos, put some on." Jeanne pointed out as she finished braiding her hair, breathing out.
Siglos cheeks turned red. Quickly, he bowed, his hair flowing into his eyes again for a moment.

"Sorry, Sorry!" Siglos said. Scurrying back to his bed, he quickly unfolded his shirt and cloak, beginning to get dressed.

Noah got up from the bed, her hair was messy, her posture was out of place and her eyes looked as if she had never blinked in her life, She walked while muttering little curses.

"...she said they don't need to sleep...I don't sleep, I just train...damn" The Mist Dragon said, clearly not being able to sleep well from snoring like probably half of the town's population.

With no detectable threats approaching,
Saffi decided it would be worthwhile to visit her allies, at the very least to wish them a good morning and to give them her thanks. Even more so, she desired to be acquainted with them. She had a small gift for Jeanne specifically.

Siglos cheeks turned red. Quickly, he bowed, his hair flowing into his eyes again for a moment.

"Sorry, Sorry!" Siglos said. Scurrying back to his bed, he quickly unfolded his shirt and cloak, beginning to get dressed.
"It's fine, Siglos. I take it you slept well, though? Unlike Noah..." Jeanne asked, noticing how Noah seemingly did not sleep well at all.
With no detectable threats approaching,
Saffi decided it would be worthwhile to visit her allies, at the very least to wish them a good morning and to give them her thanks. Even more so, she desired to be acquainted with them. She had a small gift for Jeanne specifically.
Saffi got to the inn and was provided with directions to the group's room, assuming she explained that she was acquainted with them to the receptionist so that they didn't think she was a crazed serial killer trying to get to their room to eat their organs.Because I'm so edgy.

"It's fine, Siglos. I take it you slept well, though? Unlike Noah..." Jeanne asked, noticing how Noah seemingly did not sleep well at all.

Siglos breathed out, glancing at Noah for a moment.

"...I...I slept well enough. I...think there's some wild beast outside the city though, I kept hearing some strange noises..." Siglos said, referring to the Slyiva's snoring.

"Ah..." Khadgar muttered as he slowly stood up, teleporting his clothes off for clean ones as he began getting his robes on again, Gazlowe already having changed his clothes in his sleep as he got up and yawned Wrathion already having left his bunk and sitting on the end of it and just listening

faint mana began to flow from Siglos's hands, his fingers still gripped around his band. Gradually, he enchanted it, slowly attaching tiny runes onto the band. Unlike his previous enchantments yesterday, he felt no need to rush, and thus took a much slower approach, carefully weaving his magic into the individual fibers of the band.

"I should take one soon as well..." Siglos murmured, somewhat distracted as he continued to fiddle with his hair band.

Saffi walked in slowly. "Good morning to you all." She said with a bow, proceeding with a small wave. "I would like to thank you all for your service in protecting this city, your courage is admirable." She pulled a small bag from behind her back. "This is for you, Jeanne."

The bag was a radiant red with a sort of floral design on it, still, it was simplistic. You could tell this wasn't something very expensive. On the inside was a silver necklace with a small crescent at its end. (Would've provided picture reference if I wasn't on mobile) "I wouldve gotten a more personalized gift, but I had no idea what you liked." After a brief pause she asked if she could stay for a while.

Saffi walked in slowly. "Good morning to you all." She said with a bow, proceeding with a small wave. "I would like to thank you all for your service in protecting this city, your courage is admirable." She pulled a small bag from behind her back. "This is for you, Jeanne."

The bag was a radiant red with a sort of floral design on it, still, it was simplistic. You could tell this wasn't something very expensive. On the inside was a silver necklace with a small crescent at its end. (Would've provided picture reference if I wasn't on mobile) "I wouldve gotten a more personalized gift, but I had no idea what you liked." After a brief pause she asked if she could stay for a while.
"Oh, no, Saffi, this is fine. I appreciate you getting this for me, and feel free to stay for as long as you like." Jeanne said politely, smiling and swiftly donning the necklace, "Assuming everyone else is okay with it."

"Of course!" Siglos said. He flashed Saffi a small smile, still fiddling with his hair band. Magic continued to pour from his hands, the small threads twisting and altering themselves in response.

"Feel free to stay with us as long as you wish, Saffi." Siglos said.
"You..." Said Saffi. "I remember seeing you when everything transpired. Are you alright? I could tell the attack made you feel somewhat...uneasy."

"You..." Said Saffi. "I remember seeing you when everything transpired. Are you alright? I could tell the attack made you feel somewhat...uneasy."
"Heh...I-im a craftsman at heart, Saffi. I'm not used to all this fighting..." Siglos said. He rubbed his neck, letting out a slightly forced chuckle. The memory of nearly being pierced by an arrow was still fresh in his mind.

"B-but...I'm alright. No need to worry."

Last edited:
"Well, hopefully we won't be met with anymore battles like that for a while..." Jeanne said, breathing out. "I think I'm gonna go wake up Sylvia and Cain. If anyone wants to join me, feel free to, as I'll also be checking the perimeter."

"Heh...I-im a craftsman at heart, Saffi. I'm not used to all this fighting..." Siglos said. He rubbed his neck, letting out a slightly forced chuckle. The memory of nearly being pierced by an arrow was still fresh in his mind.

"B-but...I'm alright. No need to worry."
She gave a smile and a small nod...but nevertheless, she was still intrigued. Siglos' tone didn't exactly convey "alright". She took a brief pause to read Siglos' mind, and hopefully he wouldn't notice. Naturally, she saw what was fresh on his mind, the thought of almost getting hit by an arrow. In terms of what was visible, Saffi had a small flinch as she smiled. She then continued. "I'm sorry...that I wasn't fully able to protect you. It's good to see that you're alright."

She gave a smile and a small nod...but nevertheless, she was still intrigued. Siglos' tone didn't exactly convey "alright". She took a brief pause to read Siglos' mind, and hopefully he wouldn't notice. Naturally, she saw what was fresh on his mind, the thought of almost getting hit by an arrow. In terms of what was visible, Saffi had a small flinch as she smiled. She then continued. "I'm sorry...that I wasn't fully able to protect you. It's good to see that you're alright."
Siglos cocked his head, feeling the slight change of mana around himself as Saffi read his mind. He had developed countermeasures in the past for warding off mental attacks, a cautionary measure in case he encountered some mage with...less than benign intentions. Because of this, while her mind-reading wasn't stopped, he was alerted when it happened. He hid his confusion, flashing her another small smile.

"...It's no problem, Saffi. I'm just glad we all made it...." Siglos said softly.

"...What about you? Did you make it out ok...?" He asked.
"Well, hopefully we won't be met with anymore battles like that for a while..." Jeanne said, breathing out. "I think I'm gonna go wake up Sylvia and Cain. If anyone wants to join me, feel free to, as I'll also be checking the perimeter."
Siglos glanced at Jeanne for a moment, his heartbeat quickening slightly.

"O-oh! I'd like to join, if that's alright!" Siglos said.

Siglos cocked his head, feeling the slight change of mana around himself as Saffi read his mind. He had developed countermeasures in the past for warding off mental attacks, a cautionary measure in case he encountered some mage with...less than benign intentions. Because of this, while her mind-reading wasn't stopped, he was alerted when it happened. He hid his confusion, flashing her another small smile.

"...It's no problem, Saffi. I'm just glad we all made it...." Siglos said softly.

"...What about you? Did you make it out ok...?" He asked.
"It certainly helped to be by the wall." She said. "I didn't really get hurt, but thank you for your concern."

"Aren't you and Saffi talking right now? You can stay and finish if you need to, Siglos." Jeanne said, turning back to him.
"O-oh, of course. I'll c-catch up with you guys later!" Siglos said.

"It certainly helped to be by the wall." She said. "I didn't really get hurt, but thank you for your concern."
"Heh...the wall really saved my hide back there." Siglos said, turning back to Saffi.

"...Thank you for helping maintain it, by the way. Do you specialize in earth magic?" He asked softly.

Jeanne nodded, leaving the inn with everyone else that was coming and heading out to the forest, following the sound of Sylvia's snoring. Both her and Cain weren't hard to find as they were able to find the gargantuan woman and her partner sleeping on a bed of leaves and sticks, with Cain snuggled on Sylvia's stomach with her breasts used as a pillow and her hair as a blanket.

Jeanne moved to try and push Sylvia a bit to wake her up, to no avail, the demon clearly sleeping like a rock.

Khadgar made a large orb of water before dropping it on Sylvia's face magically
That didn't seem to do much for a few moments, but, upon realizing she was wet, her eyes opened, causing her to flip over and causing Cain to roll onto the ground.

"Morning already...?" Sylvia signed, letting out a loud yawn which caused some leaves to violently fly in the air.

"Mrgg..." Cain let out a grumbling sound, slowly getting up.

"Heh...the wall really saved my hide back there." Siglos said, turning back to Saffi.

"...Thank you for helping maintain it, by the way. Do you specialize in earth magic?" He asked softly.
"I don't fully know...grow to be 200 and you'll find yourself 'specializing' in many things. I resonate with air a lot though, there's a beautiful simplicity to it, at least to me. Whenever I feel frustrated or confused or whatever those emotions are that I can't put into words, I'll just let the air carry me away from all of that...to watch the sun setting from above the clouds...it's amazing..."

"I don't fully know...grow to be 200 and you'll find yourself 'specializing' in many things. I resonate with air a lot though, there's a beautiful simplicity to it, at least to me. Whenever I feel frustrated or confused or whatever those emotions are that I can't put into words, I'll just let the air carry me away from all of that...to watch the sun setting from above the clouds...it's amazing..."
Siglos smiled, taking a seat on one of the beds as he looked over at her.

"...That's rather poetic, Saffi. Air is certainly a lovely element." Siglos said softly.

"...If I had to choose my favorite though...it would be water. The calming trickle of rain, the crashing waves of the ocean, the frozen snow of a mountain....water can convey...so many emotions. There's a real beauty in that, I think." Siglos said quietly.

Siglos smiled, taking a seat on one of the beds as he looked over at her.

"...That's rather poetic, Saffi. Air is certainly a lovely element." Siglos said softly.

"...If I had to choose my favorite though...it would be water. The calming trickle of rain, the crashing waves of the ocean, the frozen snow of a mountain....water can convey...so many emotions. There's a real beauty in that, I think." Siglos said quietly.
"I believe that as well. It's another peaceful element, one that is free to be able to change, yet possesses enough power to resist change at the same time." She smiled and proceeded to look around the room. "You know, out of the rest of these people from yesterday, it seems that not one of them is Everian, at least from the looks of it." She turned back to Siglos. "It doesn't bother me much, it's just something I noticed. So I suppose it's nice to have someone that shares the same appreciation of nature. I'm certainly glad to have you."

"I believe that as well. It's another peaceful element, one that is free to be able to change, yet possesses enough power to resist change at the same time." She smiled and proceeded to look around the room. "You know, out of the rest of these people from yesterday, it seems that not one of them is Everian, at least from the looks of it." She turned back to Siglos. "It doesn't bother me much, it's just something I noticed. So I suppose it's nice to have someone that shares the same appreciation of nature. I'm certainly glad to have you."
Siglos smiled.

"I feel the same way, Saffi. I don't often run into Everian's during my travels, so meeting you was certainly a welcome surprise." Siglos said softly.

"Though, I'm afraid I'm only a fledgling compared to you. I'm only 25..." Siglos said, chuckling a bit.

Back