• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flammarion: The Roleplay Thread

"Oh, before i forgot, I want to indicate that you should move this battleground to a more appropriate place for your fun and game, you know how people are when you mess the rulers about what is versus and a game for people" Zack say, then he stood up from his chair.

"Well, I, Zack, the greatest player in my world, accept the challenge."
(Yup, I said it subtly, I guess we can ask a staff to move it)

@Oliver_de_jesus

Catherine yawns.

"You'd be killed. Instantly. From what I've seen, your supposed to defeat each of his four goons to gain more strength as you progress. If there was any way to put it, going up immediately would be like going an average person going to the top of a mountain without any previous adjustment. They would die immediately due to altitude sickness and freezing cold. The same logic applies here, except it would be you getting annihilated by Flammarion in a blink of an eye."

Natsume speaks again non-chalantly

"Ah, there was that one guy...."

Catherine covers Natsume's mouth before she can speak anymore.

"Let's not traumatize our future heroes, okay?"

@Da3ggman

Catherine sighs.

"Jesters are basically the king's personal entertainment. He does various, horrific things to them with his powers. This one time, he made a Jester cosplay as his most hated character in fiction, and then beat the ever loving crap out of them for everyone to see.

@The_man_with_the_Midas_touch

Natsume notices your wink and gives you a small Fumo doll holding a heart.

"Don't want someone as pretty as you dying out there, you know. The moment your feel your life is in danger, use this to teleport out of it instantly. N-Not that I like you! Idiot!"

She blushes brightly.

@azontr

Catherine pulls out a map and hands it you.

"Well, good news for you. It starts in this shithole of a village. You see, everyone here just so happens to be inside the prefecture of the four goons Flammarion has on his payroll. This is the land of Lady Senga, The Drunken Cyclopes! She's down the road from here. Beware, they probably know your coming since there's surveillance in everyone's houses! Yay. All I can say is...Good luck. You guys will definitely need it.

(I'm about to knock out soon as well so I'll just send my message now and we can pick up later.)
Catherine pulls out a map and hands it you.

"Well, good news for you. It starts in this shithole of a village. You see, everyone here just so happens to be inside the prefecture of the four goons Flammarion has on his payroll. This is the land of Lady Senga, The Drunken Cyclopes! She's down the road from here. Beware, they probably know your coming since there's surveillance in everyone's houses! Yay. All I can say is...Good luck. You guys will definitely need it.
"So people just live with constant surveillance in their homes, then? Why, it's almost like that one book I like... 1984..." She thought to herself, before actually speaking and grabbing the map with one of her pulsating tentacles.

"How strong would you say this Ms. Senga is?"

Natsume notices your wink and gives you a small Fumo doll holding a heart.

"Don't want someone as pretty as you dying out there, you know. The moment your feel your life is in danger, use this to teleport out of it instantly. N-Not that I like you! Idiot!"

She blushes brightly.
Sonnet gently grabs the fumo doll from her hands, slowly pressing it onto his chest.

"...Pretty AND generous. I am in your debt, my good lady." He said softly. His smile grew ever so slightly.

"...I do hope I can find some way to...return the favor." He said softly.

"I see what you did there." smiling a little, sitting on the floating weapon— it's flat side— and nudging to be close to Sonnet.
Sonnet glanced at her as she moved closer, flashing her a pleasant smile.

"That's quite the weapon you have there, miss. Are you a swordsman, by chance?"

"Oh?" He said. He cocked his head, considering this for a moment.
She'd look at the doll the girl gave to him and back at the newfound people conversing.
"Well, I suspect we'll have some excitement soon enough. But...I can try to provide some...entertainment, if you'd like."
Tilting her head, letting some of her pristine silver hair flow to Sonnet's shoulder, she'd reply, "I'm hard to please, I'll let you know~"

"Well, it looks like someone is leaving, i better get started or this will get annoying" Zack said as he walked through a door towards the exit of the building.

@Da3ggman

Catherine sighs.

"Jesters are basically the king's personal entertainment. He does various, horrific things to them with his powers. This one time, he made a Jester cosplay as his most hated character in fiction, and then beat the ever loving crap out of them for everyone to see.
"How...childish." He got up off of his newly formed chair, clenching his hands together tightly in anger. "When I am done with him, he shall be nothing more than a smear on the cold, frigid ground!" Daedalus exclaimed, getting a bit fired up. This was the fight he was looking for, this was the sort of scum he used to destroy back in his youth!

The area around them instantly fell a few degrees, though he seemed unbothered by it.

@azontr

Catherine sighs.

"Quite strong. Lady Senga has won many bar-fighting tournaments in her life, and is considered the only alcoholic in Flammarion's mountain to have survived total liver death! While not as strong as her peers higher in the mountains, she'll be a decent enough challenge for anyone here.”

She snaps her fingers and drinks a cup of tea.

“Just as a warning…They know your coming. Flammarion has already marked the start of the festival after they made us summon you guys. In fact, everybody should be on high-alert right about now.”

@Lou_change @Oliver_de_jesus

Once outside, you find a seemingly empty coastal village. Every single house has boarded up their doors tightly and an eerie silence fills the air. You feel as if the villagers are staring at you, perhaps in awe, or fear.

In the center of the village, lies a cobble stone path leading towards the mountain. A large, wooden temple can be seen further uphill, guarding the entrance to a valley.

Perhaps that is where Lady Senga lies…

However, the ground trembles. You can hear the rush of a dozen hoofs stomping towards you. It’s a battalion of soldiers, dressed in wooden armor heading towards the village.

@Everyone in the shack

You feel the ground tremble slightly as the sound of hoofs grows closer to you. Catherine and Natsume both grow pale.

“…Shit.” Catherine stays completely still, sweat driving down her face.

“AHHH! What are we going to do?! Lady Senga’s soldiers are gonna burn this house to the ground if they see us collaborating with the heroes! Quick! Hide, Catherine!”

Natsume rushes to the kitchen and yanks open the cabinet door. She throws all the plates onto the floor before stuffing herself inside the tight space. You can hear her whimpering as she realizes they’re in this mess too.

Once outside, you find a seemingly empty coastal village. Every single house has boarded up their doors tightly and an eerie silence fills the air. You feel as if the villagers are staring at you, perhaps in awe, or fear.

In the center of the village, lies a cobble stone path leading towards the mountain. A large, wooden temple can be seen further uphill, guarding the entrance to a valley.

Perhaps that is where Lady Senga lies…

However, the ground trembles. You can hear the rush of a dozen hoofs stomping towards you. It’s a battalion of soldiers, dressed in wooden armor heading towards the village.

“Okay, it seems like it's time for action. I hope whoever runs this army has good music for this, but hey, I think first I'll have a peaceful approach to obtain information.“ Zack said to himself as he walked, ready for anything, he waited for the army to approach and out of nowhere he pulled out a sign and a marker where he began to draw a stop sign.

"Well, that's quite troublesome." The abomination tapped her chin with her pale finger, "Quite troublesome, indeed... but, facing an army would be an entertaining way to begin this journey."

She licked her lips.

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

"Ma'am." She turned to Catherine, "Before I set off to war with these insurgents... talking objectively, if all of the people summoned here fought this enemy and her men, what would you say our chances of emerging victorious are?"

@Backbackback

Sonnet's face hardened, his easy smile fading from his face as he heard the stampede of horses approaching their location.

"....I suppose I needn't have offered. Let's pick this up another time." The man said. He stood to his feet, his hand resting on one of the swords at his side.

@ThisThingisReallyBroken

He glanced over at the kitchen for a moment, before shifting his eyes over to the door of the cottage.

"...Worst comes to worst...I can see about clearing a path for you two to escape. If I can. No sense in getting caught up in our troubles" The man said softly. His tone was reassuring...yet there was a clear edge to his voice...a pang of uncertainty that he could not fully conceal.

Bob II summons a several waves of thwomps in the way of the battalion before creating a group of dry bones and his broom to watch from above.

@Everyone in the shack

You feel the ground tremble slightly as the sound of hoofs grows closer to you. Catherine and Natsume both grow pale.

“…Shit.” Catherine stays completely still, sweat driving down her face.

“AHHH! What are we going to do?! Lady Senga’s soldiers are gonna burn this house to the ground if they see us collaborating with the heroes! Quick! Hide, Catherine!”

Natsume rushes to the kitchen and yanks open the cabinet door. She throws all the plates onto the floor before stuffing herself inside the tight space. You can hear her whimpering as she realizes they’re in this mess too.
Daedalus began popping various joints, and started doing some stretches, clearly readying himself for battle. Once he is finished with his routine, the ruler creates a blade out of (you guess it) ice

"I shall make them fell the cold, bitter taste of defeat!"

@Oliver_de_jesus

At the very forefront of the battalion, one of the soldiers raises their hands, and stops them in their tracks. The sound of hoofs quaking the earth is replaced by an eerie silence. All the men remain completely still as the soldier steps out of his horse, and slowly comes forward to you.

“Hehe…”

Getting a better a look at this soldier, you see they differ greatly from the rest. This one towers over you. A lumbering giant who’s very footsteps leave craters on the field.

They’re covered in thick, black wooden armor in the style of a samurai. A large, wooden kanabo rest on their back, covered in metal spikes. It almost looks like they simply ripped a tree off from the ground and made it into a weapon.

“You want to talk? Talk.”

@Lou_change

Your thwomps land directly in front of the soldiers, barring them slightly. However, they do not respond, and simply wait for their commander to give them further orders.

@azontr

Catherine snaps out of her panic state and speaks meekly.

“This festival has been going every year for a millennium, and in that time, thousands of heroes showed up to this world to meet Flammarion. Not a single one ever returned. In fact, “The List of Losers” is so large, it’s been turned into an entire library of people who have been humiliated by our king over the years….In other words, your chances are very, very low.”

Natsume interjects from the cabinet.

“B-But we believe in you! Kinda…”

Natsume quickly pops out of the closet as you say those words, landing on her face. She lifts her head up from the ground and looks at you with sparkling joy in their eyes.

“Really?!”

Catherine’s mood raises a little as well, and she bows to you.

“Please help us escapes! We’d greatly appreciate this!”

"Luckily for me, I enjoy those odds... Now, if you will excuse me, fine ladies, I'll be off." Freya nodded and smiled, before stepping towards the door to meet whoever was marching towards the shack...

"Oh, and much apologies if your home accidentally gets turned to dust!"

She then left, eerily waving goodbye. She floated off of the ground and set off flying to where Zack (@Oliver_de_jesus) was facing down the large, wooden soldier... but did not get to close. She simply watched, for now.

At the very forefront of the battalion, one of the soldiers raises their hands, and stops them in their tracks. The sound of hoofs quaking the earth is replaced by an eerie silence. All the men remain completely still as the soldier steps out of his horse, and slowly comes forward to you.

“Hehe…”

Getting a better a look at this soldier, you see they differ greatly from the rest. This one towers over you. A lumbering giant who’s very footsteps leave craters on the field.

They’re covered in thick, black wooden armor in the style of a samurai. A large, wooden kanabo rest on their back, covered in metal spikes. It almost looks like they simply ripped a tree off from the ground and made it into a weapon.

“You want to talk? Talk.”
"Well, I just want to know 3 things: first, are you and your men here to kill off the participants brought to this plane, but will leave the other people who live in this village intact or all will be killed?

second, don't you think the use of such an arrival is a bit strange, sure it could overwhelm the enemy with soldiers but a more controlled approach would be better

Third, although not so important, any type of game that you like?"

@Oliver_de_jesus

The soldier laughs quietly underneath their helm.

“You’re our only target, outsider. That village over there is under Lady Senga’s jurisdiction and we wouldn’t bother killing our only source of cheap labor. Although…

They sniff the air and spit on the floor.

“Smells like the work of a witch….It seems the only other people who gotta kick the bucket are the ones who dragged your sorry asses here. Not that’s any of your business. As for your second question, Lady Senga loves to start the festival with a bang. If she can serve your heads on a platter to Lord Flammarion, she’ll rule a lot more than this simply village. Lastly, the only game I like is the one where I cave your scrawny little head. Hehe…”

@Oliver_de_jesus

The soldier laughs quietly underneath their helm.

“You’re our only target, outsider. That village over there is under Lady Senga’s jurisdiction and we wouldn’t bother killing our only source of cheap labor. Although…

They sniff the air and spit on the floor.

“Smells like the work of a witch….It seems the only other people who gotta kick the bucket are the ones who dragged your sorry asses here. Not that’s any of your business. As for your second question, Lady Senga loves to start the festival with a bang. If she can serve your heads on a platter to Lord Flammarion, she’ll rule a lot more than this simply village. Lastly, the only game I like is the one where I cave your scrawny little head. Hehe…”
"Thank you for cooperating sir and I accept your game, although we will see that the one who will lost the head will be other person." Zack said with a smile while took out a clarinet and began to play, the loud and painful sound generated was such that those people in the vicinity were thrown backwards, in fact some of their eyes and heads exploded..

Natsume quickly pops out of the closet as you say those words, landing on her face. She lifts her head up from the ground and looks at you with sparkling joy in their eyes.

“Really?!”

Catherine’s mood raises a little as well, and she bows to you.

“Please help us escapes! We’d greatly appreciate this!”
Sonnet glanced at the two women, flashing them a small smile.

"...It's my pleasure. Now...you two know this area better than me, yes? if you know of any place to flee to...I can accompany as your guard."

Daedalus stepped outside the small house, bending a little to fit through the door. While staring down the army, he noticed the other “heroes” about to fight, and stabbed his sword into the ground.

“I shall let you all have the scraps; any man in that militia fit enough to survive the initial assault should at least be worth the energy to kill.” He told the rest of the group in a monotone, imposing voice.

"Oh, I doubt you'll need to step in, big Sir. Why, that spry fellow over there seems to be already making heads explode with his... ugh... rather grating musical talent..." Freya grumbled, a bit more than annoyed at the sheer volume of Zack's clarinet playing, causing her to cover her ears with her tentacles.

@Oliver_de_jesus

Your screeching clarinet catches the soldier and their battalion off guard. Some of them scream as they go blind, others drop onto the ground lifelessly as their heads explode, caking those still alive in their blood.

Still, more than half the force remained, and so did the soldier who spoke to you.

“Argh!”

Your attack was enough to shatter their helmet completely, and put them in a temporary daze. Underneath that helmet, a woman with a singular giant black horn is revealed.

Soon enough, she let’s out her own deafening war cry. This was no ordinary scream. It was the scream of a youkai. Your clarinet fragments violently into pieces from her shockwave and you feel as if you could be knocked down should you not be strong enough to withstand it.

“I AM THE SISTER TO LADY SENGA! AND I SHALL PROVE MY WORTH TO HER BY CRUSHING YOUR FACES TO THE GROUND!”

Her eyes glow red as she swings her Kanabo directly at you, ready to turn you into modern art piece, should you not do anything to retaliate.

@azontr

The remaining solders quickly snap out of their hazed state once their commander’s warcry echoed through the land. They quickly take notice of you. Those in the very back pull out giant warbows, and fire a volley at your direction.

@Da3ggman

You notice the some stray arrows coming towards you, perhaps now would be the time join in….

@Lou_change

Another portion of the army becomes trapped in your magic. However, another beam of light fires from the flank, saving the rest of the remaining soldiers.

You see a small, dwarf-like creature in the distance. They blend near perfectly int the woods and summon a flock of giant crows to peck at you.

Catherine sighs.

“This place is landlocked by Lady Senga’s fortress. The only way out is if we sneak by her and escape…”

Natsume groans in despair.

“But that’s impossible! We’re too clumsy to be stealthy….”

Due to the intervention of the beam of light that hit Bob's attack, Zack did not worry about that, he focused on what was in front of him while smiling slightly, to continue playing, disappearing into red petals when the attack was close to him, and appearing in a door 10 meters from the youkai.

"Okay, let's dance, miss," he said while taking out an inflatable balloon from circus clown. He began to move it to give it the shape of a balloon chainsaw that literally became a real chainsawsword.

The remaining solders quickly snap out of their hazed state once their commander’s warcry echoed through the land. They quickly take notice of you. Those in the very back pull out giant warbows, and fire a volley at your direction.
"Now now, why are you coming after little old me? All I did was exist... though, I suppose you did come to kill us all for the crime of existing, didn't you?"

Freya's tentacles were quick to work, seemingly starting to... divide? They would start breaking into infinitesimally small strings of flesh, so thin that they were practically invisible to the naked eye. These threads of flesh began weaving themselves together tightly, much akin to the process of knitting... and after only a few moments, a large, tightly woven shield of tentacles formed itself around her. She took a few steps back, before allowing the volley of gargantuan arrows to impact this tight shield... only for the projectiles to merely stretch the shield much akin to rubber, the tensile strength of the newly generated shield of tentacle flesh sufficient enough to stop the volley in its tracks as the arrows fell to the ground.

"We have arrows now!" She called out to her """comrades""", "Anyone willing to chuck a few, do come make your purchase!"

"Oh, I doubt you'll need to step in, big Sir. Why, that spry fellow over there seems to be already making heads explode with his... ugh... rather grating musical talent..." Freya grumbled, a bit more than annoyed at the sheer volume of Zack's clarinet playing, causing her to cover her ears with her tentacles.
"T-true, I suppose; this tone is rather unpleasant." Daedalus remarked, cringing a bit at the, for a lack of a better word, noise coming out of the "hero's" weapon, continuing, "However, I have to admit that I fin his weapon of choice very...fascinating!"

He had that same look of curiosity and excitement as when he asked her species. Perhaps he would have fun here after all-
@Da3ggman

You notice the some stray arrows coming towards you, perhaps now would be the time join in….
His happiness was short-lived, as a volley of arrows shot into him, breaking his focus. But, instead of entering his body, they were stopped by a thin yet durable sheet of nigh-invisible frost all over his body. Sneering, he pulled them out, and refilled the holes in his "armor" that the projectiles had made.

"I give you all a sliver of mercy, and this is how you act?! Such insolence is uncommon, even amongst the most foolish of enemies; allow me to teach you lot a lesson!" the cold king exclaimed, getting that fiery look back again, as the ground around him began to freeze and crack. He shot his hand forward, and instantly, dozens of massive ice spikes were launched at the opposing forces.

Bob II uses his magic to swap places with the dwarf as the dry bones and boos attempt to battle the army. Bob then makes a clone to help him shoot down the rest of the force.

Catherine sighs.

“This place is landlocked by Lady Senga’s fortress. The only way out is if we sneak by her and escape…”

Natsume groans in despair.

“But that’s impossible! We’re too clumsy to be stealthy….”
Sonnet considered this for a moment...before letting out a sigh, shaking his head.

"...I suppose we'd have to deal with her eventually, wouldn't we." He said. He glanced towards the door of the cottage, already hearing the sounds of battle from outside.

"...You two...stay here for now, alright? I'll stand guard outside. In case any of the soldiers slip past the rest." He suggested. He flashed them another smile, as if to reassure them, before stepping towards the door.

@Oliver_de_jesus

The youkai smiles sinisterly.

“Now we’re talking…”

She licks her Kanabo slowly. It’s metal spikes draw a black, oily substance from her tongue. The weapon becomes soaked entirely in this oil.

“HRAAAGH!”

Lifting her weapon high into the air, she smacks into the ground as hard as she could. The oil on the weapon ignites, and turns the weapon into a flaming log of pure pain.

She hits the ground again, launching row of pillars made of magma directly at you.

@azontr

The soldiers halt their barrage the instant they saw your display of power. You see the color of the less experienced archers drain from their face. They quake in absolute terror as they realize you are not of mortal flesh.

However, your form sparks a fury of war in the older soldiers. In the corner of your eye, you see another, much smaller squadron appear from behind one of the shacks in the village. They bring out an impossibly large cannon. It could have easily been the size of a small house.

The cannon points at your direction and readies to fire at your shield.

Natsume and Catherine both smile happily as you protect them.

“Thank you” They both say simultaneously.

However, you see more soldiers rush out from behind the village shacks. It seems as if they had knew you were coming, and planned an ambush beforehand.

One of these soldiers notice you, and immediately rush towards you with a spear in hand.

@Lou_change

The dwarf seems utterly baffled at having their places switched. They quick snap their fingers and summon a small tree to cushion their fall from the sky.

Afterwards, he sprouts another tree from the ground, which blow leaves sharp enough to slice a person open towards you.

@Da3ggman

Your icicles further mow down the main force, causing a panic amongst the battalion as they scramble to block the icicles with thick, rocky shields.

Natsume and Catherine both smile happily as you protect them.

“Thank you” They both say simultaneously.

However, you see more soldiers rush out from behind the village shacks. It seems as if they had knew you were coming, and planned an ambush beforehand.

One of these soldiers notice you, and immediately rush towards you with a spear in hand.
Sonnet stared at the solider as it rushed towards him, his hand gripping the hilt of his weapon.

"...Apologies. I don't much like fighting." He said softly. He began to walk forward, slowly approaching the soldier's weapon as they rushed towards him. The moment before the blade would have impaled his chest...he vanished, appearing a few paces behind his foe. His sword had been drawn...though it wasn't clear when he had done so...the movement so quick the soldier likely hadn't even noticed.

"...But those girls are under...my protection." He said. Gingerly he resheathed his weapon....the motion accompanied by a large gash suddenly appearing across the soldier's chest, cut so quickly that...without exceptional reaction speed, it would not have even perceived the slash that had been dealt across its armor.

Back