• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Siglos breathed out

“I…I have a few healing potions in stock. I-I’m sure me and t-the other Everian c-can take care of first aid…” Siglos said quietly.

“…N-no one’s fatally wounded…right?”
"Sylvia seems to have a few bruises from being thrown... And Cain's leg is rather torn up... But so far our group effort hasn't given the thing enough time to injure Kargath or anybody else..." Jeanne reported once more, her strength slowly recovering.

The thing seemed to ignore the freezing turrets despite the obvious damage it did as Cain latched onto its face while Kargath went for the throat and neck, both of them being able to do some damage, but, at this range, the thing was able to bite into Cain's leg, causing her to instinctively let go of it as it thrashed its head around and tried to throw her into the ice turrets, her leg having been decently chewed up by the thing as it was then met with a kick to the legs by Sylvia who was trying to knock it off balance so that Kargath could focus on finishing the job for good.
Kargath brought down his Bladefist on the beast's head, halfway splitting it in half if successful as he clearly seemed worried about Cain's leg injury, Wrathion landing and beginning to come out of Dragon form with healing potions at the ready

Siglos nodded, breathing another sigh of relief. He glanced at the women for a moment.

"...D-do you plan on joining them?" He asked softly.
"In my current state I'd be a liability... I've been blessed by the Sun Goddess Ophelius to an extent, so that makes me resistant to Light Mana, but, using magic on multiple targets at once drains my energy incredibly swiftly..." Jeanne heaved out.
Kargath brought down his Bladefist on the beast's head, halfway splitting it in half if successful as he clearly seemed worried about Cain's leg injury, Wrathion landing and beginning to come out of Dragon form with healing potions at the ready
The thing was hit with Kargath's bladefist but it was able to get a deadly counter in a moment before, hitting Kargath in the stomach with its claws and kicking itself away so its head was only marginally split in half, extending its life, but not for long if Kargath continued his attack even with a semi-hole in his gut.

"In my current state I'd be a liability... I've been blessed by the Sun Goddess Ophelius to an extent, so that makes me resistant to Light Mana, but, using magic on multiple targets at once drains my energy incredibly swiftly..." Jeanne heaved out.
Siglos nodded.

"A-alright. I-I W-was worried you'd...rush in regardless." Siglos murmured, breathing out.

He glanced away for a moment, seeing arrows falling into the distance.

"...Did someone call...for reinforcements?" He asked.

The thing was hit with Kargath's bladefist but it was able to get a deadly counter in a moment before, hitting Kargath in the stomach with its claws and kicking itself away so its head was only marginally split in half, extending its life, but not for long if Kargath continued his attack even with a semi-hole in his gut.
Kargath jumped back Instictively to avoid the counter but still land the blow to leave it as injured as Azontr would say, throwing his chain hook and digging into it's temple and pulling, ripping off all the bones in it's face if successful

(May as well use the instinctive reaction here)

Kargath jumped back Instictively to avoid the counter but still land the blow to leave it as injured as Azontr would say, throwing his chain hook and digging into it's temple and pulling, ripping off all the bones in it's face if successful
The thing rushed forward and ducked down, avoiding the hook to the face and only serving to change where the arrows would hit as they slammed into the thing's back while it also tried to tackle Kargath while charging, unbothered by its injuries even if the damage was evident.
Siglos nodded.

"A-alright. I-I W-was worried you'd...rush in regardless." Siglos murmured, breathing out.

He glanced away for a moment, seeing arrows falling into the distance.

"...Did someone call...for reinforcements?" He asked.
"No... No, I don't think anybody did... And I am not that reckless, Siglos..." Jeanne said, beginning to stand up and lean on her flag.

Kargath was unnaturally swift, kicking up snow and moving to try and decapitate it with his Bladefist from the back, perfectly hitting in-between it's neck bones for a clean decapitation
Kargath was swift, but so was the beast, and while it was indeed decapitated, it lived on for a few moments after that and tried to plunge its claws into Kargath once more, the snow not seeming to hinder it even if it did still possess a head with eyes that it could use to see.
Siglos stepped closer, offering his hand in case she was having trouble standing with just the flag.

"I suppose not...but you are rather courageous. So I was worried anyway." Siglos said, chuckling softly.
Jeanne glanced at Siglos and Noah, breathing out. "I'm fine... The flag will be enough for me to stand."

Kargath was swift, but so was the beast, and while it was indeed decapitated, it lived on for a few moments after that and tried to plunge its claws into Kargath once more, the snow not seeming to hinder it even if it did still possess a head with eyes that it could use to see.

Jeanne glanced at Siglos and Noah, breathing out. "I'm fine... The flag will be enough for me to stand."
Kargath was too slow to do anything by use his left arm to block the claws, not even bothered by the pain of it

Kargath was too slow to do anything by use his left arm to block the claws, not even bothered by the pain of it
Before the thing could plunge its arm into Kargath even deeper, Sylvia charged forward, and raising her right leg straight-up into the air, tearing her pants slightly with the violent compression of her muscles, she slammed down onto the thing with her leg, crushing what remained of it so that Kargath could recover himself.

"We're done here..." Sylvia thought to herself, her leg covered in the thing's black-ish blood.
Siglos slowly nodded, turning back towards the distance away from the wall.

"...How are they doing?" He asked.
"They've defeated it...!" Jeanne exclaimed as she looked through the telescope.

Before the thing could plunge its arm into Kargath even deeper, Sylvia charged forward, and raising her right leg straight-up into the air, tearing her pants slightly with the violent compression of her muscles, she slammed down onto the thing with her leg, crushing what remained of it so that Kargath could recover himself.

"We're done here..." Sylvia thought to herself, her leg covered in the thing's black-ish blood.

"They've defeated it...!" Jeanne exclaimed as she looked through the telescope.
"Let's get her medical attention." Kargath said, Gazlowe already picking up Cain with his bot and giving her the option to rid on top of it while they got back to the village while Wrathion handed her a healing potion "drink it and it should heal you" He signed to her

"Yes!" Khadgar said clearly happy they won

Siglos stared at Jeanne for a moment, quickly, he grabbed the telescope, enhancing his vision so that he could look at the creature. Sure enough...they had defeated it.

"THEY DID IT!" Siglos yelled happily, he pumped his fist in the air, jumping with joy as he saw the defeated army. Quickly, he jumped off the wall, running towards the victorious fighters. Rustling into his bag for a moment, he pulled out several healing potions, waving them above his head as he approached.

Cain pushed herself off of Gazlowe's bot, just balancing herself on one leg as she dragged her partially chewed and hanging leg, drinking Wrathion's healing potion and snatching another one from Siglos as the wounds on her leg began to slowly heal.

"Yes...!" Jeanne said to herself, jumping off of the wall with some strain as the celebration of the soldiers behind the wall could be heard.

When Noah finally returned to her human form, she looked at the carnage and asked a question.

"This may sound a bit Killjoy but could this be just the reconnaissance team and not the true army?" she said in low voice to Jeanne, she clearly didn't want to destroy the others joy.

Siglos looked at Cain for a moment, worry on his face. Slowly he turned to Slyvia, reaching upward to hand her a healing potion as well.

"H-here. For your bruises...." Siglos said.
"Oh, I'll be fine. Focus your potions on Cain." Sylvia signed to Siglos, not even bothered by her injuries to the point it was questionable as to whether or not she even felt any pain from them.
When Noah finally returned to her human form, she looked at the carnage and asked a question.

"This may sound a bit Killjoy but could this be just the reconnaissance team and not the true army?" she said in low voice to Jeanne, she clearly didn't want to destroy the others joy.
Jeanne just grunted, "We don't know that yet... We'll have to see what happens... I'll go check for casualties on our side, if there are any..."

Jeanne just breathed out and leaped over the wall, moving to see any damages down. Most of the soldiers were not injured, some were injured to varying degrees. But... there was one death, seemingly from blunt force trauma to the head from debris, who was in the process of being buried.

"Dang it..." Jeanne thought to herself, breathing out.

Jeanne just breathed out and leaped over the wall, moving to see any damages down. Most of the soldiers were not injured, some were injured to varying degrees. But... there was one death, seemingly from blunt force trauma to the head from debris, who was in the process of being buried.

"Dang it..." Jeanne thought to herself, breathing out.
Khadgar sighed, remaining silent in respect for the dead and closing his eyes

"Oh, I'll be fine. Focus your potions on Cain." Sylvia signed to Siglos, not even bothered by her injuries to the point it was questionable as to whether or not she even felt any pain from them.
Siglos hesitated, before nodding at Sylvia, beginning to make his way towards Cain.

"...How are you feeling?" He asked quietly. He took out another healing potion, gently handing it to her.

Jeanne planted her flag in the ground and clasped her hands together, intertwining her own fingers as she began silently praying for the deceased man as he was buried by both his comrades, friends, and family, "May you return to the flames of the Sun... And have your soul be blessed with her light in your next life... Amen..." She whispered to herself.
Siglos hesitated, before nodding at Sylvia, beginning to make his way towards Cain.

"...How are you feeling?" He asked quietly. He took out another healing potion, gently handing it to her.
Cain nodded at Siglos, drinking the potion, her leg having been healed to the point she could at least apply force and walk on it.

"Cain... feel fine. Been through worse." She signed to him, the dark energy that had expanded from her halo finally retracting itself.

Cain nodded at Siglos, drinking the potion, her leg having been healed to the point she could at least apply force and walk on it.

"Cain... feel fine. Been through worse." She signed to him, the dark energy that had expanded from her halo finally retracting itself.
"G-good." Siglos said, breathing out. He glanced at the burial of the lone man for a moment, gently removing his hat to pay his respects.

"....Are you ok walking by yourself? It...m-may be easier to heal if you don't use it for a bit..." Siglos said quietly.

"G-good." Siglos said, breathing out. He glanced at the burial of the lone man for a moment, gently removing his hat to pay his respects.

"....Are you ok walking by yourself? It...m-may be easier to heal if you don't use it for a bit..." Siglos said quietly.
Cain glanced at the burial as well, closing her eyes and seemingly paying her respects silently. She didn't know the man, but, he died to defend his people, and for a demon of her clan, there was no higher honor. Sylvia seemed to think the same to an extent, closing her eyes and then kneeling down.

"I can carry her." Sylvia signed as Cain climbed onto Sylvia's back, her enormous hands latching onto Sylvia's enormous shoulders as her halo floated to be behind Cain so it didn't cut Sylvia, Cain climbing up onto Sylvia's shoulders. Clearly, Sylvia had given Cain many piggy-back rides in the past.

Siglos glanced at Sylvia for a moment, before nodding.

"...A-alright. I wish you a swift recovery, Cain." Siglos said quietly. He walked toward the grave, gently kneeling in front of it. He could never get used to death in his travels, seeing life so quickly snuffed out. Slowly, he leaned forward, beginning to mutter a prayer to the sun goddess he had learned in his youth. He wasn't particularly devout....but it felt right to honor the dead, in some fashion, at least.

Jeanne breathed out, "I believe... it is time we all take some time to recuperate." She said as she finished her prayer, "I have money to purchase lodgings in this town for all of you... But if any of you prefer to find your own places to rest, or don't want to rest at all, please say so."

Back