• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

azontr

He/Him
Our heroes are summoned to a small village in the middle of seemingly nowhere to gather, a particular pub being their spot for meeting. What mission awaits them is unclear, but, it is clear the rewards will be stupefying whether they fight for riches, or for honor...

The first to arrive is a blonde haired woman in armor brandishing an enormous flag. She walked into the bar and was greeted with the unruly stares of many of the customers due to her clearly young age as she stabbed her flag into the ground beside her and sat at the bar.

"Young lady, aren't you a bit young to be here?" The bartender asked, a confused look on his face.

"I am not here to drink of your ilk. I am waiting for people." The woman would say, simply sitting there with a stern look on her face. Clearly she was both to young, nor was she looking to indulge herself in alcohol. This was all simply business to her, for now, at least, and she waited for her comrades to arrive her silently.

The door to the bar opened just as that was said, a man in grey, brown, and blue robes walked through the door, a seemingly wooden staff in his right hand as he came in, his hair was a perfect white as he moved to sit next to the girl "Ah, hello, Jeanne I believe? I've just got done with my training session for the day, tell me, is there anything I can help you with?" The man said before pausing "I am Khadgar, sorry, I tend to read the minds of those I'm meeting with." He said light-heartedly

Outside the town, a small caravan had reached the outskirts of the city. A small man clad in green gently pulled the reins of his horse, the animal neighing loudly before stopping its movements. The man pulled out his map, examining it closely.

"...This...should be the place!" he said. He grinned, slowly rolling up the map before placing it into a small bag at his side. This was rather...different than his usual work, but the promise of a reward certainly intrigued him. And...if he could set up shop after this so-called "mission" was over, he could certainly make a few coins to cover the travel cost.

"...Wish they had picked a less...remote location, though. This is pretty far off my usual routes..." He said to himself.

He hopped off his caravan, stretching his legs. Grabbing the bridle, he led the horse to some nearby stables, paying off a local man to take care of it while he did his business in town.

"...Alright...we were supposed to meet in a...bar, right?" He murmured. Slowly, he made his way through the village, eventually reaching the bar where the rest were gathering. Gently, he pushed opened the door, taking a seat at one of the tables.

The door to the bar opened just as that was said, a man in grey, brown, and blue robes walked through the door, a seemingly wooden staff in his right hand as he came in, his hair was a perfect white as he moved to sit next to the girl "Ah, hello, Jeanne I believe? I've just got done with my training session for the day, tell me, is there anything I can help you with?" The man said before pausing "I am Khadgar, sorry, I tend to read the minds of those I'm meeting with." He said light-heartedly
"If you are one of my comrades, since you know my name, then simply sit down and wait for the others to arrive." Jeanne would say, scanning the area.
Outside the town, a small caravan had reached the outskirts of the city. A small man clad in green gently pulled the reins of his horse, the animal neighing loudly before stopping its movements. The man pulled out his map, examining it closely.

"...This...should be the place!" he said. He grinned, slowly rolling up the map before placing it into a small bag at his side. This was rather...different than his usual work, but the promise of a reward certainly intrigued him. And...if he could set up shop after this so-called "mission" was over, he could certainly make a few coins to cover the travel cost.

"...Wish they had picked a less...remote location, though. This is pretty far off my usual routes..." He said to himself.

He hopped off his caravan, stretching his legs. Grabbing the bridle, he led the horse to some nearby stables, paying off a local man to take care of it while he did his business in town.

"...Alright...we were supposed to meet in a...bar, right?" He murmured. Slowly, he made his way through the village, eventually reaching the bar where the rest were gathering. Gently, he pushed opened the door, taking a seat at one of the tables.
"Everian, make haste to us. I know your in here!" Jeanne would exclaim to the small man, hearing his murmurs and assuming that he was one of their comrades.

"No water or anything?" Khadgar responded, just as a man who was very finely dressed walked in, his red eyes and smirk said that he knew what he was here for as he began walking over to Jeanne, just as an apsolutely massive Orc peered in with burning orange and yellow eyes, his skin grey rather than green

"Everian, make haste to us. I know your in here!" Jeanne would exclaim to the small man, hearing his murmurs and assuming that he was one of their comrades.
"O-oh!" the man said. Quickly he got up from his seat, stumbling slightly as his leg nearly got caught under his chair. He walked over to the woman, flashing her a small smile.

"...Sorry, sorry. I wasn't sure who to expect. Are you here for the job?" He asked. He glanced at the woman, his eyes lingering on the flag she was carrying.

Last edited:
"To answer your question Khadgar, no, I am not currently thirsty or hungry... Maybe later, as I appreciate the offer. Second, I would like to know all of your names before we begin working together, all except for Khadgar." Jeanne would say, getting up from her seat as many people stared at the group in confusion.

"An interesting group indeed..." Jeanne would say, breathing out. A bit nervous she was, clearly so by how she trembled when she breathed out, but she regained her composure rather swiftly, gripping her flag.

All of the sudden, a woman with horns walked into the bar, her horns and the mysterious halo that floated around her breaking the door as she entered.

The person that followed her was another woman with horns and wings who was wearing glasses, her stature absolutely devastating to most in the room outside those that obviously out-weighed her(Kargath). Both of them spoke to each other through weird hand signals, both of them clearly of demonic nature, which gained them the attention and some fear of most of the bar dwellers, and explained their inability to speak.

"An interesting group indeed..." Jeanne would say, breathing out. A bit nervous she was, clearly so by how she trembled when she breathed out, but she regained her composure rather swiftly, gripping her flag.

All of the sudden, a woman with horns walked into the bar, her horns and the mysterious halo that floated around her breaking the door as she entered.

The person that followed her was another woman with horns and wings who was wearing glasses, her stature absolutely devastating to most in the room outside those that obviously out-weighed her(Kargath). Both of them spoke to each other through weird hand signals, both of them clearly of demonic nature, which gained them the attention and some fear of most of the bar dwellers, and explained their inability to speak.
Siglos glanced near the doorway, watching the two women approach.

"....Hope they're here for the job...a few Rakshakshins can handle most of the heavy lifting..." He murmured to himself.

He wasn't nearly as fearful of Rakshashin as some of the bar patrons, having traded with several clans in the past...though he was still surprised to see them walk in. His eye's lingered on the taller of the two for a few moments, before flashing them a small smile, beckoning them towards the table.

The two demons let out weird chirping sounds as Siglos beckoned them, the taller one moving over and creating footprints in the wooden floor as she stomped over, with the smaller one walking over as well.

"Are you guys our group?" The taller one asked through sign language, and for anybody who knew basic sign language it'd be easy to understand.
After performing multiple healings, the Everian woman named Saffi went to see what the commotion was inside, staying silent, in case it wasn't her place to speak.
Jeanne turned to Saffi, "Woman, over here!" She called out to her, assuming she was another one of her comrades.

The two demons let out weird chirping sounds as Siglos beckoned them, the taller one moving over and creating footprints in the wooden floor as she stomped over, with the smaller one walking over as well.

"Are you guys our group?" The taller one asked through sign language, and for anybody who knew basic sign language it'd be easy to understand.
Siglos glanced At the women's hands for a moment, before looking up at her face, craning his neck slightly because of her height.

“Yep! Me and some of the others have just arrived, so you're right on time!" Siglos said. He smiled politely.

Jeanne turned to Saffi, "Woman, over here!" She called out to her, assuming she was another one of her comrades.
Saffi walked slowly, assuming she was likely mistaken for someone else, but still came around eventually.

A moment later, a girl a little older than Jeanne came in, the girl had some dush and ash in her clothes and asked the bartender.

"Is there a problem if i enters with all the ash and dust that I have on my clothes? Although really I'm just looking for lodging" said Noah
The bartender paid no mind to Noah, clearly not caring either way. Besides, adventurers came in here dirty all the time, so it was no different.
Siglos glanced At the women's hands for a moment, before looking up at her face, craning his neck slightly because of her height.

“Yep! Me and some of the others have just arrived, so you're right on time!" Siglos said. He smiled politely.
"Good! You can call me Sylvia. The little one next to me is Cain." Sylvia said with sign language, letting out a happy chirping noise.

"...H...i..." Cain said with incredibly poor sign language, clearly never having actually taken the time to learn it properly.
Saffi walked slowly, assuming she was likely mistaken for someone else, but still came around eventually.
"I assume your a part of our group as well? My name is Jeanne Valentina." Jeanne would say, expecting Saffi to share her name and clearly so.

"Yes!" Khadgar responded with his own sign language

(And, ya know what, **** it lol)

A fairly large machine came through the door, followed by Kargath, who somehow fit through and stood as high as he could, but if one looked at the machine they'd see it was actually being carried by a small Orc with a smile, clearly not young from the fresh-shaven look

"Good! You can call me Sylvia. The little one next to me is Cain." Sylvia said with sign language, letting out a happy chirping noise.

"...H...i..." Cain said with incredibly poor sign language, clearly never having actually taken the time to learn it properly.
Siglos cocked his head slightly, but nodded, flashing Cain a reassuring smile.

"I'm called Siglos. It's nice to meet you both." He said softly.

"...Are you two traveling partners?" He asked, seeing that they already seemed familiar with each other.

Jeanne would glance at Noah and the weird tiny robotic orc thing, her nervousness getting a bit out of bounds but she sucked it up and breathed slowly, still waiting for Saffi to provide her name. She'd address Noah and the weird orc thing once she had that.
Siglos cocked his head slightly, but nodded, flashing Cain a reassuring smile.

"I'm called Siglos. It's nice to meet you both." He said softly.

"...Are you two traveling partners?" He asked, seeing that they already seemed familiar with each other.
Sylvia turned to Cain and let out some weird chirping sounds to her, to which Cain responded with a weird corrupted noise as she nodded.

"Y...yes... Cain... S-S... Sylvia... traveling... buddies... Ran... many weeks... together.. to get here..." Cain tried to answer Siglos' question with sign language, clearly having been beckoned by Sylvia to try practicing a bit.

"Sorry, she's still learning." Sylvia said with her own sign language, letting out a distorted chuckle, if the sound she produced could even be called that.

Sylvia turned to Cain and let out some weird chirping sounds to her, to which Cain responded with a weird corrupted noise as she nodded.

"Y...yes... Cain... S-S... Sylvia... traveling... buddies... Ran... many weeks... together.. to get here..." Cain tried to answer Siglos' question with sign language, clearly having been beckoned by Sylvia to try practicing a bit.

"Sorry, she's still learning." Sylvia said with her own sign language, letting out a distorted chuckle, if the sound she produced could even be called that.
“I don’t mind. We all start somewhere.” Siglos said, chuckling a bit.

“But…did you two really travel here by foot? No horse or anything?” He asked, cocking his head a bit.

“I don’t mind. We all start somewhere.” Siglos said, chuckling a bit.

“But…did you two really travel here by foot? No horse or anything?” He asked, cocking his head a bit.
"Indeed we did. Our clan's home is about 20,000 miles from here! It took us quite a long while to get here." Sylvia said with sign language, smiling as her wings gently flapped.
Noah looked up and looked at the girl.

"Hello how can I help you?" The Mist Dragon spoke quietly
"Oh, forgive me for staring... I'm just trying to keep track of everybody. Our group is quite large, it seems." Jeanne would say politely to Noah, "Assuming your here on call, that is."
"So, do you know who called us Jeanne?" Khadgar asked Jeanne as Wrathion put a gold coin on the bar to order a light drink so he'd still be 100% for the mission
"I assume some form of danger is afoot, or else I don't believe such a multitude of strong individuals would be summoned here..." Jeanne said as the bartender provided Wrathion with a shot glass filled with some light-brown liquor.

"Indeed we did. Our clan's home is about 20,000 miles from here! It took us quite a long while to get here." Sylvia said with sign language, smiling as her wings gently flapped.
Siglos stared at her for a moment, visible surprise on his face. Slowly, he smiled.

“That must’ve been quite the journey then!” He said.

“What drew you to this mission, If you don’t mind me asking. That’s a long way to travel for a job.”

(Waiting on @KingEzran.)
Noah blinked a few times, clearly not understanding, probably because she didn't know these people.

"ah"
"You... are here for the job, yes? We are your comrades." Jeanne explained, assuming Noah didn't actually know, either that, or she didn't come here for the job.
Siglos stared at her for a moment, visible surprise on his face. Slowly, he smiled.

“That must’ve been quite the journey then!” He said.

“What drew you to this mission, If you don’t mind me asking. That’s a long way to travel for a job.”
"Well, you see, Cain is actually the daughter of the chief of our clan. It's tradition for the children of our clan to go on a year long journey to cultivate strength and experience on the battlefield, and then come back to challenge their father to a duel! I completed my journey last year, so I figured I should accompany Cain on hers." Sylvia said, while Cain's halo just spun around her, various demonic runes carved into it as she squirmed in nervousness.

"Well, you see, Cain is actually the daughter of the chief of our clan. It's tradition for the children of our clan to go on a year long journey to cultivate strength and experience on the battlefield, and then come back to challenge their father to a duel! I completed my journey last year, so I figured I should accompany Cain on hers." Sylvia said, while Cain's halo just spun around her, various demonic runes carved into it as she squirmed in nervousness
Siglos's eyes widened slightly.

"Oh! That sounds rather important. I wish you luck, Cain." He said, flashing her a small smile.

"...If it would help, I do sell some equipment geared towards combat. Minor charms and the like.” He said.

Last edited:
"How interesting! You should tell me more!" Khadgar said, opening his pouch and pulling out a notebook and pencil
"C...Cain... don't... wanna..." Cain said in sign language, clearly nervous with this people she barely knew, which is why she was clearly just letting Sylvia do all the talking.
Siglos's eyes widened slightly.

"Oh! That sounds rather important. I wish you luck, Cain." He said, flashing her a small smile.

"...If it would help, I do sell some equipment geared towards combat. Minor charms and the like. I could show you some of my stock if you are interested."
"Oh, we don't have any money, though." Sylvia would say through sign language, tilting her head.

"It's fine. We Rakshashin can use our bodies as weapons anyway, so we don't need anything like that." Sylvia said through sign language, just shrugging, her size making it so that the action of shrugging knocked down one of the hanging candle lights from the ceiling.

Khadgar caught it with one hand, a purple energy of some kind extending from it to put the candle back in its place "sorry for the scare, Cain." Khadgar apologized

"Well as long as there's gold to be made I don't really care what I gotta do, well, mostly don't care." The small Orc commented as he set his big machine down and began to screw with some scrap

Back