• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

(Idk what you want me to do. I never noticed any "other enemies" so idk where they are or what they're doing)
(Again, I like to wait for people so that I don't leave them behind if they had something they wanted to say or do, even if it isn't fighting or helping out, I just like to wait just in case so that we don't have problems with people missing out on plot, as I can't read minds and figure out when players don't want to or don't feel the need to respond.)
with several of the large, orcish creatures the group encountered before following behind the man...
(I also did point out the several other creatures approaching the group.)

(Again, I like to wait for people so that I don't leave them behind if they had something they wanted to say or do, even if it isn't fighting or helping out, I just like to wait just in case so that we don't have problems with people missing out on plot, as I can't read minds and figure out when players don't want to or don't feel the need to respond.)

(I also did point out the several other creatures approaching the group.)
(Fair)

Saffi is being more defensive at the moment, knowing that all the threats would likely be difficult to fight head-on.

"First, I need to help Saffi..." Jeanne said to Noah, breaking away from Noah and running over to Saffi, gripping her flag. "On a scale of 1 to 10, how exhausted are you? Your answer dictates how much I can restore your mana with the mana from my flag..." She then asked Saffi.

The large orcish creatures surrounded the man in flames, blocking the icicle and turret attaks for him as if on instinct as the man in flames once again clashed with Diana, the creatures beginning to pile up between them and the rest of the group.

"Looks like we'll have to break through..." Sylvia signed, growling as her leg muscles violently bulged, ready to burst forward, glancing at Kargath and knowing that the both of them were probably the most physically qualified.

Gazlowe pulled out a button and pushed it, the turrets beginning to rapid fire while Khadgar condensed the moisture in the air and fired it at the flaming man, Kargath moving fluidly as killed individuals quickly and efficiently, fighting like a gladiator would

Wrathion flew into the sky and started boiling up molten magma to melt them alive

Sylvia dashed forward, swinging her legs violently through the air and joining Kargath in his assault, with Cain stealthily swimming through the waves of enemies and expertly annihilating them one by one. But, the numbers were overwhelming, and no matter how many they killed, it seemed that more always came to replace them, with most of the ranged attacks not even piercing through due to the sheer number of enemies moving to surround Diana and the burning man...
"I don't know, 5 I guess?"
"Alright, remain still..." Jeanne said, her flag beginning to glow as light surrounded Saffi, the Everian able to feel her mana restoring itself and her physical stamina restoring itself as well, while Jeanne only seemed even more tires from this, sweating profusely.

Meanwhile.

Siglos limped back to the forge, panting slightly.

"...I...I shouldn't move around t-too much. M-making t-that ring...drained m-me more t-then I thought..." Siglos murmured to himself. Gripping one of the chairs around the smithing area, he threw himself onto it, leaning against the adjacent wall. He closed his eyes, breathing softly as he pressed his face against the solid material.

"...N-no. I...I shouldn't rest now. N...not while Slyvia and the rest are fighting..." Siglos murmured. He took a deep breath, before reaching into his bag, taking out a small, blue vial. It was a type of mana stimulant, one that would temporarily alleviate some of the fatigue he felt. He hadn't crafted it himself, instead, he had bought it from a merchant at one of the trading ports he occasionally visited. It was potent, but it could only be taken in moderation. Extended exposure had several, nasty side effects, and could even lead to mana sickness if the user overexerted.

Siglos hesitated for a moment, before breathing out. Tipping the vial upward slightly, he opened his mouth, letting a few drops fall onto his tongue. This was the only dosage he was comfortable taking, and while, it wasn't as effective as taking the entire potion, Siglos could already feel a portion of his fatigue slowly melt away. Gingerly, he stood up to his feet, breathing out.

"...A-alright....I-I can get to work..." Siglos said quietly. He opened his bag, taking out several small tools before placing them on a nearby table. Rolling up his sleeves, he began working on another batch of enchanted rings.

Saffi's strategy seemed far more effective in immobilizing the enemy troops, with the attacks of the other being able to efficiently get direct, clean hits on the immense amount of targets now that Saffi had buried them. These troops were barbaric, untamed, and while it was certain if they possessed true intellect they'd be able to effortlessly escape Saffi's trap, with such subpar intelligence they could only violently thrash as their numbers were whittled down.

"I knew those pathetic barbarians would fail, but not so soon... The Everian's got skill... I'll give her that..." The burning man whispered to himself, summoning a spear of scarlet flame.

"Wait, you-!" Diana screamed out as the man hurled a spear towards Saffi and Jeanne at ungodly speeds, looking to pierce both of them in one swoop.

Noah who was still next to the two Girls, shot balls of smoke that would make the flames of the spears reduce and would stop if it worked due to low temperature, but she knew that it probably would not be enough, so in a quick movement she approached Saffi and Jeanne , if the dragon failed to stop the spears, she could still move away at the last moments with her pseudo teleportation

Noah who was still next to the two Girls, shot balls of smoke that would make the flames of the spears reduce and would stop if it worked due to low temperature, but she knew that it probably would not be enough, so in a quick movement she approached Saffi and Jeanne , if the dragon failed to stop the spears, she could still move away at the last moments with her pseudo teleportation
Saffi made a barrier around the three of them in an effort to slow down or obstruct it even more. Granted, with the speed, the barrier might've been incomplete or weakened by the time the spear made contact.

The spear, with Saffi and Noah's efforts, was "successfully" stopped, somewhat. The speed and power of the spear caused the barrier Saffi narrowly set up to shatter completely upon impact, but, it did disperse the spear, the flaming man clearly having not put all his power into it.

"Damnit... Not much time left..." He thought to himself as he continued to clash with Diana, holding his dagger. He glanced at Jeanne, grimacing as his creatures were very slowly climbing out from Saffi's pit.

The spear, with Saffi and Noah's efforts, was "successfully" stopped, somewhat. The speed and power of the spear caused the barrier Saffi narrowly set up to shatter completely upon impact, but, it did disperse the spear, the flaming man clearly having not put all his power into it.

"Damnit... Not much time left..." He thought to himself as he continued to clash with Diana, holding his dagger. He glanced at Jeanne, grimacing as his creatures were very slowly climbing out from Saffi's pit.
"Noah, keep Jeanne safe!" She shouted as she made a wall between Diana and the enemy. "We best end this quickly...we're all expending stamina fighting these armies." She began expelling some kind of energy onto Diana. While she didn't tell Diana what was happening, Diana would be able to feel she was twice as strong, fast, and durable, likely with an increase to stamina as well.

The burning man effortlessly tore through Saffi's wall, but, the time that it was standing was enough for Saffi's buffs to work on Diana.

"Not bad, Saffi...!" Diana thought to herself as she charged towards the enemy with her newly doubled power.

"A foolish choice!!" The man launched the dagger in his hands towards Jeanne and Noah as Diana tackled the man, wrapping her tail around him and restraining him as the dagger hurdled towards the duo violently.

"N-Noah, watch out!!" Jeanne shouted, moving to try and push Noah out of the way of its course, recognizing the power that singular throw possessed.

Noah's strategy would've been successful on any other attack, but, this time, the man endowed in flames wasn't just letting out a casual attack. It was laced with the intent to end one's life, and as such, it's speed went beyond that which Noah could move them away from. Jeanne jumped in front of Noah right before she teleported as she had intended to push Noah out of the way, but, with that, Jeanne was subject to the hurdling projectile's fury as it pierced through her chestplate and lodged itself... into her heart, the girl falling into Noah's arms as she violently coughed out blood.

Noah opened her eyes and her brain took a few seconds to return to itself, she was invaded by terror as she took Jeanne in her arms, she concentrated her magical power of ice to try to stop the bleeding of jeanne's heart, in an attempt to get mote time.

"I NEED A DOCTOR!!!" the dragon shouted without holding back to the rooftops, she felt powerless at this moment, she only knew that she had to get Jeanne out of the battlefield now

Meanwhile.

Siglos was focused on his craft, sweat dotting his brow as he began to form a new set of rings for the town's soldiers. Over the past week, he had crafted enchanted nearly non-stop, and, consequently, had developed remarkable efficiency at the craft. Already, he had several, finished rings lying in a neat pile on the table next to him. Instead of simply strengthening the soldiers, as his other rings did, he enchanted these rings with a weak, yet practical water enchantment, allowing them to create a steady stream of drinkable water. While it wouldn't be too useful in a direct combat setting, it would cut the cost of transporting water while on the field and serve as a useful way of combatting fires, both natural and from weaker fire spells.

"...T-this...this should help if t-the city c-catches fire again. I-if another arrow h-hits...they'll need to minimize the damage somehow..." Siglos murmured to himself. As he worked, his mind drifted back to the group, his hands beginning to tremble lightly.

"...I hope t-there d-doing alright. " Siglos said quietly. He hesitated for a moment, before slowly returning to his work.

Noah's strategy would've been successful on any other attack, but, this time, the man endowed in flames wasn't just letting out a casual attack. It was laced with the intent to end one's life, and as such, it's speed went beyond that which Noah could move them away from. Jeanne jumped in front of Noah right before she teleported as she had intended to push Noah out of the way, but, with that, Jeanne was subject to the hurdling projectile's fury as it pierced through her chestplate and lodged itself... into her heart, the girl falling into Noah's arms as she violently coughed out blood.
Khadgar changed his spell, beginning to warp himself and the two girls away to the edge of the city, being quick to work and try to buy time with healing potions and fairly unadvanced healing magic

"A... A-Agh...!!" Jeanne began to feel a burning sensation build up within her chest, beginning to violently convulse as her eyes went bloodshot, gripping desperately onto Noah as Jeanne felt as if her entire body had been engulfed in a raging flame. (It isn't literal, it's just how it feels.)

"What did you do...!?" Diana shouted to the man coated in flames as she had him restrained.

"Don't worry... If she's truly a vessel, she'll live just fine...!!" The man responded with a cackle.

"If the injury was mystically based, I don't know if physical tools will be able to fix the injury...Just see if they can try to stabilize her, I'll be there soon!" She looked to Diana. "Are there many enemies left, Diana?"
The enemies that were left backed off, their leader was pinned by the Dragoness and their formation, whatever was left of it if they ever had a semblance of one, had broken down. None dared approach now..

"They'll all be dead soon... Your free to move while I deal with the rest and locate the leyline..."

Back