• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

The rest of the soldiers were indeed able to get in, as Diana breathed out.

"We made it... I don't think you guys can hold this for much longer, so, you can either come in or stay outside and wait!" Diana shouted to Saffi, Siglos, and Noah from within the vortex before her voice was eclipsed by the sound.

Siglos hesitated for a moment, before shaking his head, breathing out nervously.

"I-i'll stay back! I-I don't want to force t-the others to protect me..." Siglos said. Velen had already told him he wasn't expected to fight, and he didn't want to put any more unnecessary risks into the mission. Though...his reasoning was more than rational, his body still trembling with fear as he glanced at the hole inside the vortex, the destruction in the village still fresh in his mind. He shook his head, again taking a step back.

"...I'll..work inside the village until they return." He thought.

Siglos bowed, watching as his allies walked into the opening.

“T-thank you…Saffi…Noah…G-good l-luck.” Siglos said softly. He hesitated, staring at the opening until it began to close. Slowly…he knelt down, saying a brief prayer to Ophelius for their safety.

“…Please…protect them…” Siglos said softly. He lingered near the vortex for a few moments...before turning away. Gingerly, he kicked off the ground, falling onto the cloud Noah had created for him. Gripping it tightly, he allowed the nimbus to carry him back into town.

Last edited:
The group landed in a completely decimated, warzone like area, fire and smoke swirling through the charred, smoldering ground. Broken, burned corpses littered the grounds, seeming as if they had died hundreds if not thousands of years.

"I-Is everyone okay...?" Jeanne called out, not really being able to see with the burning smoke scorching her eyes, not having that good of heat resistance compared to everyone else.

Cain and Sylvia made themselves vibrate with Dark Magic, letting out that familiar chirping noise that they used to communicate with each other to let the others know they were still alive.

Meanwhile.

Siglos reached the outskirts of the town in a few moments, Noah's cloud moving fast enough to easily cover the distance due to the dragoness using its maximum speed. As the cloud near the outer buildings, Siglos jumped off, landing on the ground. He stumbled, nearly falling onto his face, before righting himself. He stood there for a moment, before breathing out.

"...Once t-they come back...I...I should ask them w-what they encountered. I...I'll need to modify m-my enchantments to b-better suit w-what they'll...d-deal with..." Siglos murmured to himself. If he couldn't support his allies through fighting...he'd put his all into his craftsmanship...but to do so...he needed information. Information his allies could provide for him...should they come back.

Siglos shook his head, dispelling such thoughts. They would come back. He didn't need to worry. He'd seen Slyvia, Noah and Cain fight in person, and with that powerful Dragoness Diana at their side...he didn't envy whatever enemy would be facing them.

"...I...I should get some work done, b-before they come back. T-there...there's something I want to make for them..." Siglos murmured. Turning towards the town, he slowly began to walk through the streets, hoping he could run into a forge that would be available to him.

"I-Is everyone okay...?" Jeanne called out, not really being able to see with the burning smoke scorching her eyes, not having that good of heat resistance compared to everyone else.
Noah flew through the smoke it didn't affect her, in fact she felt almost like an extension of herself, she approached where Jeanne was being able to feel her and told her.

"If I'm here, if you want to stay around me, I should be able to make the smoke not affect you too much"

(Alright, I'm here now, went out for lunch with my grandparents.)

"Th-Thank you, Noah..." Jeanne said, yelping a bit as her eyes watered from the heat, the young knight immediately closing them as she placed her hand on Noah's shoulder.

Sylvia could be heard growling as she swung her legs through the air to clear the scorching smoke, being met in kind with growling from the enemy as footsteps could be heard approaching the group...

Jeanne breathed out, swiftly moving to use her flag to bless everybody with enhanced physical and magical strength, grunting in pain as she did so.

"Don't make any sudden movements..." Diana murmured.

Going into one of the forges of the city...Siglos got to work. Taking out his crafting equipment, he began laying the groundwork for his newest creation. Slowly he reached into his bag, grabbing the most robust metal he could find; a powerful steel alloy that could withstand heavy blows without denting or breaking apart. The strength of the metal would make it somewhat more difficult to shape, but Siglos knew that for what he had planned, he needed something that could withstand punishment. The amount of metal he grabbed was rather small, clearly not attempting to forge any conventional weapon or armor.

"...A-alright..." Siglos thought. Slowly, he began to heat the metal, using his own minor fire magic combined with the intense heat of the forge to bring it to a more malleable shape. Grabbing some of his equipment, he began to shape the metal into two, thick rings. He had plenty of experience forging rings like this during his time in the church, having spent countless hours mass producing similar equipment. Yet, this was…different. Each of Siglos's movements was purposeful and calculated, without waste or room for mistakes. This wasn't the mass-produced equipment he had made for the army…this was special to him.

Once the basic rings were formed and cooled, Siglos set one of the rings aside, before focusing his efforts on the larger of the two. Swapping his tools in his hand…he began to decorate the jewelry. Within the thick metal, he carved the image of two broad wings, spreading outward along either side of the ring. Above where the two wings intercepted, stood four large horns, the mighty bones pointing upward towards the top of the ring. In between the two horns…stood a singular, shining emerald; Siglos having shined the gem himself to ensure it was as beautiful as the person he would present it to. Turning his attention to the smaller of the two rings, he decorated it with two, large, curved horns, surrounded by a halo-like shape near the top of the ring.

Once that process was completed…he turned his attention to the enchantments themselves. Hovering his hand over the rings…he slowly began to cover them with mana, gradually shaping and altering the substance into a variety of complex shapes and runes. This was the most critical aspect of the rings, and Siglos was forced into deep concentration as he gradually manipulated the mana on the surface of the metal.

"…He did it…like this…" Siglos thought, slowly running his fingers along the outer surface. Out of all the notes he had taken from Cornelius' work, one of the things he had referred back to the most…was his sound enchantments. While he seemingly didn't share this knowledge to the world at large, his notes contained the groundwork for the perfect translator enchantment. Activated via thought, the ring's magic would convert the user's feelings and intent into actual, audible speech, the words being completely understandable in the common language. The projected voice varied depending on the individual, with the magic melding with whatever pitch and tone the user found most comfortable at any given moment. In Layman's terms…it gave a functional voice, to those who otherwise would be unable to speak.

The enchantment itself was, obviously, complex. Siglos used both his Mana Hearing and his Mana Sight to shape the mana down to the minute detail. It was an arduous process, Siglos forced to reference his notes throughout the process …yet eventually…

"…I…I d-did it…" Siglos murmured, his voice nearly a whisper as he stared at the two, enchanted rings. Sweat coated his body, his arms trembling violently from fatigue…yet, a broad smile was visible on his face. Slowly he slumped onto a nearby chair, taking a shaky breath.

"...I…wonder what she'll think. What…what she'll sound like…" Siglos said softly. He stared at the rings for a long while, before gently getting onto his feet.

"…M-my works not finished…" He thought to himself. Gently he laid his hands on the rings again, using much of his remaining energy to coat the rings in another layer of mana. He began to add several additional enchantments to it, mainly the increased toughness and elemental resistance he had given Jeanne's armor, in addition to an automatic repair and reshaping function, allowing the user to alter the size of the ring as they saw fit, within reason.

Once fully complete…he gently slipped the two rings inside his bag, before dragging himself out of the blacksmith's forge, breathing heavily. He had nearly completed depleted his mana, and, had he gone any further, would have collapsed from Mana Sickness.

As the group prepared themselves, the footsteps finally revealed themselves from the smoldering ash and smoke, with several of the large, orcish creatures the group encountered before following behind the man...
UYmE1Bd.jpg

He was enthralled in a constant purple fire, his body charred and his expression obscured from the ash and flame.

"How... intriguing..." The man would say, his voice nearly incomprehensible, but, it could still be translated into English, and where the man was looking was impossible to discern.

(Ain't nobody else said Jack since I posted so I guess I just continue. 💀 )

The man coated in the constant blaze stepped forward, his creatures of darkness following suit with his movements. He raised his one hand into the air, "An unscheduled encounter indeed... However, I wonder...."

"Scatter! Now!!!" Diana shouted, sweating as the man manifested what seemed to be a dagger of sorts in his hand as Diana dashed away, with Sylvia jumping into the air and Cain following suit.

"Will the vessel manifest in one of you at this leyline...? Let's see if it's... you." The man said, pointing the dagger at Jeanne.

"H-Huh...!?" Jeanne exclaimed, recoiling back.

Meanwhile.

Siglos staggered through the town, panting slightly as he let his mana begin to restore itself.

"...I-I should...buy some healing potions for them. S-Saffi is with them...b-but I don't want her to strain herself...c-caring for the injured..." Siglos murmured to himself. Reaching a hand into his bag, he began to feel around, before taking out a sack of coins, a sizable portion of the gold Jeanne had given him earlier.

"...T-this should be enough. I-If this city has a good stock...I should be able to buy a dozen or so..." Siglos said to himself.

"...I'll buy some more...r-raw metal to...maybe I c-could make some...more equipment for the soldiers, once they get back..." Siglos murmured. Nodding to himself, he began to move towards the city's center, hoping to find any open stores.

Last edited:
Saffi created a barrier around her and Jeanne, but at this point, it was clear it was getting to her. She only rested for so long earlier and then expended a lot of mana using her telekinesis, flight, air manipulation, etc. Quite a bit to do within only a bit of time. Either way, her main concern was the protection of the group, they could figure out how to stop this person later.

Noah looked at the creature, and then said.

"Hold on Jeanne, this is going to be a hectic getaway" The dragon was ready to fly with Jeanne away from this guy like Diana
"Perhaps that's not the best idea." Saffi commented. "We evacuate one, he targets the next one. At that point, we're not accomplishing anything but losing allies. Either all of us leave or none of us do."

"Your quite smart..." The man said to Saffi, turning to her approaching her barrier, not before Diana dashed up to him and delivered a spinning kick right to his burning jaw, sending him hurdling back a few meters.

"Agh...! Dragon brat..." The man grumbled, immediately regaining his footing.

"Saffi is right! I'll hold this one off, so, focus on dealing with the other enemies and regaining your strength! Especially you, Saffi, I can tell your reaching your limit!" Diana exclaimed, steam violently rising from her entire mouth.

The vaewolf was still in the same spot with his hood covering his face, while it wasnt new to him to just stay and do nothing, he had to wait on the dragon chick in the only place he knew that she was going to return to, in a city with humans, he clearly disliked to spend time around here due to his bad history he had with them

Siglos stepped out of one of the stores, managing to catch the owner right before they closed for the night. Just as he had hoped, he had managed to buy some healing potions and raw metal with his coins. Although, given the situation the town was in, their stock was understandably light.

"…Guess he already sold most of his m-merchandise t-to the army…" Siglos murmured. Breathing out, he began to walk again, gripping his bag tightly as he moved through the streets. Typically, he would have bought a room at an inn this time of night...but it didn't feel right to relax while his allies were risking their lives to fight. Eventually, he returned to the partially destroyed area where the arrow had struck the city, resting his back against a nearby building.

"...Once I-I recover enough mana...I-I should be able to help w-with repairs. I... I'll ask D-Diana about it..." Siglos muttered to himself. He shivered slightly, not looking forward to having any more contact with the violent women than necessary. He got the impression that she didn't like him, though he wasn't sure why.

As he was absorbed in his thoughts, his eyes fell upon the hooded figure standing in the streets near where the group had left. The small Everian raised an eyebrow, cocking his head as he glanced at the man.

"...I-I wonder what they're doing out here. M-maybe their house w-was destroyed w-when the arrow hit...?" Siglos murmured to himself, unable to determine the person's race or gender. He glanced at the being, inadvertently staring as he tried to figure out if he should offer to help.

Siglos's eyes widened, realizing his mistake as he saw the man glance at him.

"O-Oh! S-sorry! D-didn't meant to I-intrude." Siglos called out, his face flushed with embarrassment. He bowed toward the mysterious man, watching him disappear from his vision. Slowly, he righted himself, sighing softly.

"...I... d-didn't mean t-to make him u-uncomfortable. I-I hope he's alright..." Siglos murmured to himself.

"He better not follow me...he also said something....i dont know what exactly....siiigh.....when is the leather shoes bitch arriving....i regret accepting her offer"

Slowly his thirst for blood would be starting out, the way back would be bothersome as he would just need to return again and he had no bit of ambition to do so at all

Siglos briefly considered seeing where the man went, before quickly dispelling the thought. Following a hooded stranger in the dead of night could turn out…poorly, to say the least. And with the general attitude the town had shown him, he doubted anyone would come to his aid if he were robbed. Nor could he have defended himself. His mana was nearly drained from crafting the two enchanted rings, his movements somewhat sluggish and labored as a consequence.

“…I guess I should g-get to work a-again. I’ve…wasted e-enough time…” Siglos said quietly. Slowly, he moved away from the partially destroyed buildings, heading back toward the forge he had used earlier.

"Your quite smart..." The man said to Saffi, turning to her approaching her barrier, not before Diana dashed up to him and delivered a spinning kick right to his burning jaw, sending him hurdling back a few meters.

"Saffi is right! I'll hold this one off, so, focus on dealing with the other enemies and regaining your strength! Especially you, Saffi, I can tell your reaching your limit!" Diana exclaimed, steam violently rising from her entire mouth.
(Idk what you want me to do. I never noticed any "other enemies" so idk where they are or what they're doing)

"Tell him to chill out." Khadgar said, suddenly freezing the moisture in the air as icicles to fire as Gazlowe began to put down Turrets around the perimeter and Wrathion began to pull up the earth into a mound so they could have the high ground and Kargath prepared for combat

Back