• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"Stay calm... conserve your strength..." Khadgar said quietly to Jeanne

"And you won't live to see it." Kargath said, approaching the two, but not raising either arm to attack, while Wrathion transformed back down to his human form and walked over, frowning as Gazlowe continued to fortify the place

The enemies that were left backed off, their leader was pinned by the Dragoness and their formation, whatever was left of it if they ever had a semblance of one, had broken down. None dared approach now..

"They'll all be dead soon... Your free to move while I deal with the rest and locate the leyline..."
"Thank you Diane, truly, I owe you my life." She flew off, trying to get out of the area towards the town so she would be able to try to heal Jeanne.

Jeanne violently thrashed around, clearly unable to answer Khadgar due to the sheer level of pain she was in, whatever that dagger was, it was rooting itself into her heart, into her body, her grip on Noah so tight that it would've been enough to tear into the young Dragoness' skin.

"N... o...a...hh..." Jeanne cried out, her voice dry and racked with indescribable agony as she tugged on the Dragoness.

"Ki...ll... me... ple...as...e... p...l..." Jeanne passed out, going completely limp. Thanks to the healing she was being given she was not dead, but, she had clearly been in immense pain regardless.

"I...I-...Jeanne.....Yes. ....Velen." Noah said as looked in horror, she could feel how Jeanne suffered a pain worse than death, at this point she thought in a single millisecond of ending her suffering, but seeing that she could slowly recover her friend, she erased that thought from her mind, before to look for any trace of him.

As Jeanne passed out, the flames surrounding the flaming man began to dissipate...

"Haha...!! Finally! Freedom...! I'm free-" But as the flames would dissipate, his broken, torched body, which was only kept alive by the scarlet fire, crumbled away into nothingness. And as the leader perished, returning to dust, so did the beasts...

Diana grumbled. She wanted to investigate where the leyline was, but, the enemies had been destroyed, so... Maybe the burning man was the leyline? She didn't know. Right now, they had to get to Velen and report, that much she agreed with. She began kicking off the air, flying.

Cain and Sylvia had long since left the battlefield, well, they left once the enemies died along with their leader. No enemies, no reason to stay, after all. Velen was nowhere in sight once everybody had left, and he hadn't seemed to be keeping tabs on the current events, but it was unlikely he wasn't. Now, they had to locate Siglos, wherever the twink was.

Meanwhile, Siglos was still inside a small forge near the center of town, his focus deep in his work. Next to him, lay an ever-growing pile of plain, metal rings, mana emitting faintly from the jewelry. He took a soft breath, before slowly resting his tools on the table.

"...T-that should...b-be enough for now..." Siglos murmured to himself. He ran a hand through his soft, ashen hair, leaning back to look at the ceiling.

"...I...I wonder how they're doing..." He murmured.

Siglos blankly glanced at the cloud as it moved over to his head.

"...H-has then been following me t-the whole time?" Siglos murmured. He stared at the cloud for a moment, before feeling something cold drop onto his cheek.

"...S-snow?" He murmured to himself. Gingerly, he stood to his feet, grabbing his hat from a nearby chair. Covering his head to stop the snow from touching him, he glanced around, confusion apparent on his face.

"...I-is...Is something g-going on...?" He murmured. Unsure what the snow meant, he decided to check outside the building, grabbing the rings he had created and moving them into his bag as he did so.

As Siglos and the cloud approached, Siglos would be able to see everything going on; The group, mostly uninjured, some dirt and grime here and there, obviously from the battle. He would also be able to see Jeanne's nigh-lifeless body limp in Noah's arms, her incredibly red, almost a scarlet color, blood stains having dried against her lips and chin from having coughed up blood after being stabbed in the heart by the burning man.

Sylvia turned to Siglos on Noah's cloud, her eyes widening. She would've ran over to him, but, she knew that now probably wasn't the time for a hug or anything of the sort, despite her own instincts.

Siglos face paled, turning white as a sheet as he tumbled off of the cloud. With trembling legs, he staggered towards Jeanne, stopping in front of her. His breath was erratic, his heart beating loudly against his breast as he clasped Jeanne's armored hand in his own.

"Jeanne....J-JEANNE!" Siglos said, panic rising in his throat. His eyes traced her armor, looking at the spot where the dagger had impaled her breastplate. The same breastplate he had enchanted for her earlier, crafted to ward off blades and blows alike...pierced as if it were nothing. A whirl of emotion overtook the Everian, struggling to avoid an all-out panic attack as he stared down at the wounded knight.

Siglos flinched as he felt Diana's hand on his shoulder, before taking several deeps breath, the world seeming to spin around him.

"A-alive...." Siglos murmured. He took another breath.

"...S-she's...alive..." Siglos repeated. His body trembled violently.

"....." Siglos stared at Jeanne for another moment, desperately trying to find any signs of life within the woman before him.

Jeanne's heartbeat was barely there, at best, one could estimate it to be 2 or so beats per minute, it was like something had latched onto it, "crippled" it. Her breaths were shallow, dry, as if her throat had been burned and the oxygen that tried to enter her mouth met the same fate, making breathing extremely difficult for her... Clearly, her life was hanging by all but a few threads.

Siglos continued to listen to Jeanne's heartbeat for a moment, before taking another breath, a small wave of relief washing over his body. Siglos slowly managed to contain himself, no longer on the verge of collapsing entirely, though the trembling of his legs and paleness of his face made it clear he was deathly afraid.

"She's...she's...alive..." Siglos repeated softly. Quickly, he reached into his bag, taking out all of the dozen or so healing potions he had bought while in town. He began to pour one onto her wound, hoping, no, praying, that they would do something, anything to help her.

"P-please...p-please...w-wake u-up..." Siglos murmured to her, desperation dripping from his words.

Siglos' potions were, unfortunately... Completely ineffective. In fact, they seemed to make things worse, as steam could be seen rising from the wound, as if the potion was scorching it, causing Jeanne to let out an unconscious yelp of pain, subconsciously clinging to Noah tightly as she felt the sting of the healing potion.

"We faced a man covered completely in scarlet fire... He launched a dagger into her heart, and the dagger latched onto it somehow... He said something about a "vessel"..." Diana explained, not really knowing all the specifics obviously, but it was the best re-telling she could give.

"We faced a man covered completely in scarlet fire... He launched a dagger into her heart, and the dagger latched onto it somehow... He said something about a "vessel"..." Diana explained, not really knowing all the specifics obviously, but it was the best re-telling she could give.
"...D...Dagger...?" Siglos repeated quietly, trembling where he sat.

"W-was...w-was i-it e-enchanted? N-no...n-no normal...d-dagger c-could...d-do this..." Siglos murmured.

"We'd need to get her somewhere safe before you do that, Siglos... She doesn't have much time left as it is, she needs medical attention faster than she needs us to figure out whatever curse or enchantment she's been afflicted with!" Diana exclaimed, "I've already contacted Sir Alice on the way back, and she should be here swiftly..."

Back