• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"Perhaps... that may be true. But I would do my best to ensure your safety for as long as possible." Velen said, looking down at Siglos.
"....." Siglos slowly shook his head. Reaching up, he ran a hand along his grey hair, thinking for a moment.

"...I...I don't want to lay in bed at night...praying that your protection is enough, Archbishop. I...I don't want to live in constant fear...not when I've done that...f-for so long" Siglos murmured. His body trembled slightly, as he took another breath.

"...I-I have a proposition for you...something that...that may...work...i-in both...both our favors..." Siglos said quietly. He glanced up at the Archbishop, waiting for his response.

"This could end the world if we're not careful... Velen, is there any kind of plan you have?" Khadgar asked telepathically to the old Archbishop
"....." Siglos slowly shook his head. Reaching up, he ran a hand along his grey hair, thinking for a moment.

"...I...I don't want to lay in bed at night...praying that your protection is enough, Archbishop. I...I don't want to live in constant fear...not when I've done that...f-for so long" Siglos murmured. His body trembled slightly, as he took another breath.

"...I-I have a proposition for you...something that...that may...work...i-in both...both our favors..." Siglos said quietly. He glanced up at the Archbishop, waiting for his response.
"I've no plan, yet... First, we need strength, and I hope you will join me, Khadgar." Velen said telepathically before speaking to Siglos.

"Speak your mind, Siglos..."

Siglos slowly nodded.

"...I'm not a f-fighter. I...I don't know many o-offensive spells...and I'm...physically weak." Siglos said softly.

"...But I'm...good with tools. I-if...you'll allow me to...s-stay out of combat...a-and provide me with...spare materials..."

"...I can...help...create enchanted goods. F-for your army...and for those w-who choose to aid you. T-they won't be...nearly as good a-as Cornelius's...b-but...I'll...I'll try my best." Siglos finished. He shook his head, slowly looking back at the Archbishop.

Siglos slowly nodded.

"...I'm not a f-fighter. I...I don't know many o-offensive spells...and I'm...physically weak." Siglos said softly.

"...But I'm...good with tools. I-if...you'll allow me to...s-stay out of combat...a-and provide me with...spare materials..."

"...I can...help...create enchanted goods. F-for your army...and for those w-who choose to aid you. T-they won't be...nearly as good a-as Cornelius's...b-but...I'll...I'll try my best." Siglos finished. He shook his head, slowly looking back at the Archbishop.
Velen smiled, "I never expected you to fight, Siglos. Any contribution, whether through combat, or through craftsmanship, is welcome."

Jeanne breathed out a bit, thinking that Siglos would've just left...

Cain also thought the same thing, and wasn't particularly relieved or not relieved that Siglos was staying, while Sylvia smiled, clearly happy that Siglos didn't run away and found a way he could contribute. Both of them planned to work with Velen, but Sylvia especially thought he'd be handy to have around.

"I've no plan, yet... First, we need strength, and I hope you will join me, Khadgar." Velen said telepathically before speaking to Siglos.

"I'm merely a learner still, but I'll do what I can." Khadgar responded telepathically

"We must fight for our freedom. Our safety. I am ready." Kargath said, raising his right arm, the one which had it's bladefist to say he had done it before, and he'd be willing to do so agsin

Alice smiled widely, clearly supremely joyous that they would be helping.

Velen nodded, a small grin on his face. "What about you, sisters? Will you be joining us?" Velen asked his fellow Rakshashin, turning to Cain and Sylvia.

"I don't see why not." Sylvia signed, "So long as you can teach us how to speak without sign language!"

Cain just nodded, clearly plannng to help.

Velen laughed, "It's magic, dears. I could perhaps create a spell that allows you to produce sound from your throats."

Sylvia smiled, her wings flapping as Cain just leaned against Sylvia and nodded, not saying nothing as she seemed to rather upset about something.

Alice smiled widely, clearly supremely joyous that they would be helping.

Velen nodded, a small grin on his face. "What about you, sisters? Will you be joining us?" Velen asked his fellow Rakshashin, turning to Cain and Sylvia.

"I don't see why not." Sylvia signed, "So long as you can teach us how to speak without sign language!"

Cain just nodded, clearly plannng to help.

Velen laughed, "It's magic, dears. I could perhaps create a spell that allows you to produce sound from your throats."

Sylvia smiled, her wings flapping as Cain just leaned against Sylvia and nodded, not saying nothing as she seemed to rather upset about something.
"What's wrong Cain?" Khadgar gently asked

Siglos slowly breathed out, flashing the Archbishop a small, shaky smile. It was obvious he was still scared...but he didn't seem like he would collapse anymore, his footing more stable on the ground.

"...T-thank you, V-Velen. I'll...I'll try my best to be of use..." Siglos said softly.
"And know that we will all protect you Siglos...no matter what happens. I am always glad to have you..." She said, leaning in to embrace Siglos.

"I think that's enough of this, then..." Velen tapped his staff on the ground, the walls becoming solid around them again and beginning to transport the group back through the wormhole, with Cain not answering Khadgar's question as she just thought to herself.

The group was swiftly transported back to the area they were in previously with the golden halls and the inscriptions, with Jeanne nearly praying as if on instinct, but, she stopped herself, chuckling a bit.

"I can indeed teach you, Siglos. It's merely Sound Magic." Velen said, chuckling a bit himself.

Siglos said nothing for a moment, breathing out. Slowly, color began to return to his face.

"...M-my...sound magic hasn't gotten that advanced y-yet..." Siglos admitted.

"...B-but...I-if I learn how it works...I-I should be able to apply a-a similar spell to my enchanted r-rings. Which I could g-give to any Rakshashin allies w-we may meet." Siglos explained.

"...S-so...a-any of them that w-wish to speak...can! L-like Slyvia wants to." Siglos said. He nodded to himself, clearly having put some thought into it.

"That's quite the idea...I never quite thought of that." She said in response to Siglos, because at first she was quite confused on why he needed sound magic as he could already speak. Helping the Rakshashin to speak was something that Saffi never even considered.

"Well, Sound isn't an element, so, it wouldn't fall into your talents to manipulate all elements as Everians can inherently, so, it'll take quite a while to perform the technique as I have." Velen said, "Feel free to use our libraries to study whatever techniques or spells you desire, though. Being able to have my brethren release their voice as I have sounds quite delightful."

Sylvia's wings flapped in delight at that, while Cain just sat there brooding still.

"...A-alright! T-thank you, Archbishop." Siglos said. He nearly bowed, before stopping himself, simply nodding his head.

"....A-also...i-in your library..." Siglos began. He hesitated, unsure if he should ask.

"Um...p-pardon me. I-is...n-now a g-good time to ask about...the Everian S-smith?" Siglos asked quietly. He was nervous, worried the Archbishop would chide his immaturity again.

"Oh, of course, Siglos. Ask anything you need to kno-" Just as Velen was about to speak, he was cut off by a BOOM coming from somewhere in the cathedral, the explosion making the ground rumble as Alice immediately mobilize.

"Wh-Wha-" Jeanne couldn't even speak as Alice dashed away, with the explosion causing her to lean on her flag. "Is it an attack...!?" She said.

Cain instantly jumped up, seeming to be the first one after Alice to move for the explosion while Sylvia ran after her.

"Oh dear..." Velen said, "Not this again..."

"Ma'am, we told you already! We don't have enough knights to keep supplying yo-" One of the knights seemed to be having a shouting contest with someone as the group approached the scene of the explosion...

"You've told me that everytime I've come to request back-up. Has that old fart Velen not recruited any fresh meat, yet? While my city is being burned? Pathetic." He was cut off by a woman with a snake protruding from her tail-bone.
__original_drawn_by_gogalking__sample-50bea642b8023cc772ac42877da03f4c.jpg

"Tell that old bastard to get here NOW!" The woman exclaimed to the knights that had come to apprehend her, with an enormous hole in the floating cathedral's walls standing behind her, steam rising from her skin.

The woman glanced at the group as they came into the area, her eyes rapidly dilating akin to a cat's, flashing with crimson and black as her "snake-tail" hissed and steam continued to rise from her. Given her ability to speak clearly and the amount of heat being emitted from her body, she was most probably a Red or Black Dragon.

"Velen, you old ****!" The woman called out.

"What do you want, Diana?" Velen asked, moving up to her slowly.

"What I want is reinforcements like I've asked you for about 2 or 3 months! Our forces are getting creamed out there and your just sitting here twiddling your thumb!!" The woman who was supposedly named "Diana" exclaimed, growling.

"I can't continuously send you reinforcements, Diana... These knights have lives and families to, and I shan't continue sending them to their deaths. There is always choice." Velen said.

Diana continued to growl, "The leyline has taken nearly 60% of my city, Velen... I ask you again, sincerely, to help us enter it and find out how to destroy it...!!!" She shouted.

"
The woman glanced at the group as they came into the area, her eyes rapidly dilating akin to a cat's, flashing with crimson and black as her "snake-tail" hissed and steam continued to rise from her. Given her ability to speak clearly and the amount of heat being emitted from her body, she was most probably a Red or Black Dragon.

"Velen, you old ****!" The woman called out.

"What do you want, Diana?" Velen asked, moving up to her slowly.

"What I want is reinforcements like I've asked you for about 2 or 3 months! Our forces are getting creamed out there and your just sitting here twiddling your thumb!!" The woman who was supposedly named "Diana" exclaimed, growling.

"I can't continuously send you reinforcements, Diana... These knights have lives and families to, and I shan't continue sending them to their deaths. There is always choice." Velen said.

Diana continued to growl, "The leyline has taken nearly 60% of my city, Velen... I ask you again, sincerely, to help us enter it and find out how to destroy it...!!!" She shouted.
"If he knew how to destroy it... don't you think all hands wouldn't be on deck to do so...?" Kargath asked, his voice low

"And who exactly are you people...?" Diana growled, turning to the group, her eyes flaring up as Jeanne flinched a bit before regaining her composure.

"People willing to contribute to the cause, Diana. Volunteers, if you will.." Velen explained.

"And who exactly are you people...?" Diana growled, turning to the group, her eyes flaring up as Jeanne flinched a bit before regaining her composure.

"People willing to contribute to the cause, Diana. Volunteers, if you will.." Velen explained.
"Archbishop, how about we go to assist Diana if we can, it's not like most of us have much else to do." Khadgar suggested calmly

"............." Diana was silent for a bit.

"How about it, Diana? They wish to assist you, and are quite formidable. I can at least send them to help you." Velen said, "I ask for nothing in exchange."

Diana growled, "What I need is soldiers..." She heaved out.

"And while not all soldiers, they are formidable and versatile. I am sure that they can assist you while I work on locating the rest of the leylines, Diana." Velen said.

"......Grr....." She just growled once more, "If they wanna help... they've got a week to get ready..." She heaved out.

Back