• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"Lemme see yours!" Sylvia said, leaning over to pick up Siglos' book, her breasts being plopped on top of his head.

Sylvia read it for a few moments, and then leaned back to where she was, dropping the book. "Why write the book in an incomprehensible language and then write the title in a language that is understandable... I think whoever wrote these books just wanted to mess with people..."

Khadgar moved to read plenty of books, but specifically looked for Velen to translate the books as he brought down plenty of books on Magic to read

Wrathion was practicing his magic..

Gazlowe began making portable machines, clearly practically unstoppable

Kargath went over to where Jeanne was training, looking to ask a question...

Last edited:
Khadgar was speed reading practically the entire library on magic while Wrathion was practicing his magic

Gazlowe began making portable machines, clearly practically unstoppable

(Khadgar would not understand the language in which the books are written to speed read them, and he would have to be moving at speeds far faster than subsonic to speed read the entire library which is several stories tall with maze-like pathways that contains at least millions of books.)

(Read the thread Reaper-)
"Lemme see yours!" Sylvia said, leaning over to pick up Siglos' book, her breasts being plopped on top of his head.

Sylvia read it for a few moments, and then leaned back to where she was, dropping the book. "Why write the book in an incomprehensible language and then write the title in a language that is understandable... I think whoever wrote these books just wanted to mess with people..."
Siglos's face turned a deeper shade of red, squirming slightly as he felt her chest against his head.

"...Y-yeah. T-this is pretty...s-strange." Siglos said quietly. He cocked his head, accidentally pressing against her as he did so. Quickly he straightened.

"...M-maybe w-we should a-ask V-Velen. H-he might know w-why the books are like this..."

Siglos's face turned a deeper shade of red, squirming slightly as he felt her chest against his head.

"...Y-yeah. T-this is pretty...s-strange." Siglos said quietly. He cocked his head, accidentally pressing against her as he did so. Quickly he straightened.

"...M-maybe w-we should a-ask V-Velen. H-he might know w-why the books are like this..."
"Yeah, that's probably best." Sylvia said, before she got up, her nose scrunching up.

"Hey... do you guys smell that?" Sylvia asked Siglos and Khadgar, noticing he was also in the room.
Jeanne was in a fairly open part of the cathedral, training, as she stated she would. Her eyes were zeroed in on what seemed to be nothing, but, she was clearly visualizing something specific in her mind, constantly going through various sword techniques, various trails of sweat permeating the area as she had clearly been moving around a lot, involving a lot of wide, shaky motions.

"Yeah, that's probably best." Sylvia said, before she got up, her nose scrunching up.

"Hey... do you guys smell that?" Sylvia asked Siglos and Khadgar, noticing he was also in the room.
Siglos glanced up at Sylvia, his blush dying down.

"N-no...but m-my sense of smell isn't as good as yours..." Siglos said, he stood up, glancing around.

"W-what does it smell like...?"

"I didn't pick up on it before but it smells like metal and magic... ugh... light magic... Everian light magic..." Sylvia signed, the smell of light magic making her feel woozy.(Because yes she can smell magic.) "Might be some sort of magic tool or gear..."
"Keep your body steady, risking dropping your blade does no good." Kargath said, nudging Jeanne into a training position leagues better "practice precision first." Kargath said
Jeanne stopped a few moments after he said that, her flag planted into the ground a few meters away from both of them.

"That's... what... I'm... training." Jeanne said, turning to him as she went over to get her flag.

Last edited:
"I didn't pick up on it before but it smells like metal and magic... ugh... light magic... Everian light magic..." Sylvia murmured, the smell of light magic making her feel woozy.(Because yes she can smell magic.) "Might be some sort of magic tool or gear..."
"...Oh?" Siglos said blankly. He patted his bag, wondering if he had left any of his enchanted tools around by mistake. He didn't find anything missing.

"I-it isn't one of mine...C-can you tell where it's coming from...?" Siglos asked quietly.

"...Oh?" Siglos said blankly. He patted his bag, wondering if he had left any of his enchanted tools around by mistake. He didn't find anything missing.

"I-it isn't one of mine...C-can you tell where it's coming from...?" Siglos asked quietly.
"Yeah... Let's go!" Sylvia signed, picking up Siglos, throwing him over her shoulder with no warning, and then hopping into the air, leaping a good two stories of library in one fell swoop and landing on one of the many floors.

Last edited:
"W-whoa!" Siglos said, clearly caught off guard. He gripped onto Slyvia's shoulder, not wanting to slip off as she jumped.

"W-warn me next time you pick me up like that..." Siglos said quietly, chuckling a bit. He looked around, wondering if he could find the item she was talking about.
"Oh, don't be such a wuss!" Sylvia signed, setting him down on the ground, beginning to move to where she smelt the supposed device.

"I didn't pick up on it before but it smells like metal and magic... ugh... light magic... Everian light magic..." Sylvia murmured, the smell of light magic making her feel woozy.(Because yes she can smell magic.) "Might be some sort of magic tool or gear..."

Jeanne stopped a few moments after he said that, her flag planted into the ground a few meters away from both of them.

"That's... what... I'm... training." Jeanne said, turning to him as she went over to get her flag.
"Most likely, mind helping me look for it?" Khadgar asked as he walked up and teleported twice after Siglos and Sylvia

"Then keep yourself steady." Kargath said, sitting down and putting his bladefist in front of her flag so she could strike it

"Oh, don't be such a wuss!" Sylvia signed, setting him down on the ground, beginning to move to where she smelt the supposed device.
Siglos shook his head, breathing out slightly.

"...It was...pretty fun flying through the air like that..." Siglos admitted, a soft smile on his face. He scurried after Slyvia, following her lead as they searched for the object.

"Most likely, mind helping me look for it?" Khadgar asked as he walked up and teleported twice after Siglos and Sylvia
Siglos shook his head, breathing out slightly.

"...It was...pretty fun flying through the air like that..." Siglos admitted, a soft smile on his face. He scurried after Slyvia, following her lead as they searched for the object.
"We're already looking for it!" Sylvia signed, beginning to crouch down, continuing to move until she hit a particular bookshelf, continuing to sniff it for a few moments, as if she had found something.
"Then keep yourself steady." Kargath said, sitting down and putting his bladefist in front of her flag so she could strike it
"What are you doing..." Jeanne said, sighing as she moved to go around Kargath.

"We're already looking for it!" Sylvia signed, beginning to crouch down, continuing to move until she hit a particular bookshelf, continuing to sniff it for a few moments, as if she had found something.

"What are you doing..." Jeanne said, sighing as she moved to go around Kargath.
Khadgar followed and smiled a bit as he watched

"To strike metal shakes your posture, if you can keep it through that then you'll improve both strength and precision at once." Kargath said

"...She's like a hound..." Siglos thought, watching Sylvia sniff the bookshelf. He walked next to Slyvia, glancing around.

"...Do you smell it somewhere around here...?" Siglos asked softly.

Khadgar followed and smiled a bit as he watched
"...She's like a hound..." Siglos thought, watching Sylvia sniff the bookshelf. He walked next to Slyvia, glancing around.

"...Do you smell it somewhere around here...?" Siglos asked softly.
"Yep!" Sylvia signed, rummaging through the books and eventually pulling out what seemed to be some sort of tablet or device, with Sylvia immediately dropping it due to it seeming to have light magic surrounding it as she backed up.
"To strike metal shakes your posture, if you can keep it through that then you'll improve both strength and precision at once." Kargath said
"......" Jeanne just sighed, getting into a stance and striking Kargath's Bladefist with all her might, maintaining her stance despite the immense vibrations, despite clearly having been shaken in a rather painful way due to the intense vibration. "A-Ah..."

Khadgar caught it "now this is interesting..." Khadgar said to himself

"Do it as much as you need to. I'd train you as hard as I would myself, however... I have doubts your body could take it." Kargath said, not exactly bothered by Jeanne's pain, but warding her to not go too far.

"Yep!" Sylvia signed, rummaging through the books and eventually pulling out what seemed to be some sort of tablet or device, with Sylvia immediately dropping it due to it seeming to have light magic surrounding it as she backed up.
Siglos glanced at Sylvia as she dropped the tablet.

"A-are you alright?" Siglos asked. He didn't know how dangerous light magic was to Rakshashins.

Khadgar caught it "now this is interesting..." Khadgar said to himself
Siglos glanced at Sylvia as she dropped the tablet.

"A-are you alright?" Siglos asked. He didn't know how dangerous light magic was to Rakshashins.
"Oh, it's fine." Sylvia signed as best she could, her hands somewhat charred, but it was healing pretty quickly. "It just burns a bit."

The tablet seemed to gently rattle in Khadgar's hands, the weird eye formation on it gently glowing, signifying that it was soon going to be activated.
"Do it as much as you need to. I'd train you as hard as I would myself, however... I have doubts your body could take it." Kargath said, not exactly bothered by Jeanne's pain, but warding her to not go too far.
Jeanne just breathed out, "I do not need your training, regardless, so I will decline your offer even if my body could handle it. I would like to practice in solitude to help myself focus, so, I will be finding a room..."

"Oh, it's fine." Sylvia signed as best she could, her hands somewhat charred, but it was healing pretty quickly. "It just burns a bit."

The tablet seemed to gently rattle in Khadgar's hands, the weird eye formation on it gently glowing, signifying that it was soon going to be activated.
"...I-it doesn't look fine..." Siglos murmured. Rummaging into his bag, he pulled out a small vial. He stood on the tips of his toes, reaching up to hand it to Slyvia.

"...T-this is a healing potion. I-it should speed up your recovery...a-a bit." Siglos said quietly.

Jeanne just breathed out, "I do not need your training, regardless, so I will decline your offer even if my body could handle it. I would like to practice in solitude to help myself focus, so, I will be finding a room..."
"We should get this to the Archbishop..." Khadgar said and began moving to do so

"Fine by me. Focus well..." Kargath said, walking off to train himself

There was a passing knight or two that Noah could see guarding various parts of the castle, but, most of them were either human or Everian. Though, it seemed that the numbers of Velen's forces were definitely larger before, given the number of living facilities and lack of people to occupy them
Noah walked looking at the activities of the knights interested, maybe if she found two or more people playing cards, she would join.

"...I-it doesn't look fine..." Siglos murmured. Rummaging into his bag, he pulled out a small vial. He stood on the tips of his toes, reaching up to hand it to Slyvia.

"...T-this is a healing potion. I-it should speed up your recovery...a-a bit." Siglos said quietly.
"We should get this to the Archbishop..." Khadgar said and began moving to do so
Sylvia took the potion and then accidentally crushed the vial, causing the liquid to spill over her hands. Assuming it worked on direct application though and not consumption, it still worked to heal her. "Thanks, Siglos." She signed as the device continued to shake, the weird eye on it glowing blue and falling out of Khadgar's hand, the light from the tablet beginning to slowly form into some sort of image...
"Fine by me. Focus well..." Kargath said, walking off to train himself
"Indeed I will..." Jeanne said, moving to find another area to train in. "I should limit the amount of wide movements I make... And control my balance for more precision..." She thought to herself, taking Kargath's advice to heart and clearly so.
Noah walked looking at the activities of the knights interested, maybe if she found two or more people playing cards, she would join.
None of them were playing cards, though some were eating and talking in the mess hall, clearly off-duty and getting ready to get back to work.
(Okay, I got one TL: DR question. Did anything that happened since my last reply involve the group or just specific characters?)
(Just specific characters. You don't have to reply to any events or whatever, everyone's just doing their own thing rn so you can do whatever with Saffi.)

Sylvia took the potion and then accidentally crushed the vial, causing the liquid to spill over her hands. Assuming it worked on direct application though and not consumption, it still worked to heal her. "Thanks, Siglos." She signed as the device continued to shake, the weird eye on it glowing blue and falling out of Khadgar's hand, the light from the tablet beginning to slowly form into some sort of image...
"M-my pleasure, Sylvia" Siglos said softly, his eyes widening slightly as he saw her easily crush the bottle. It worked on direct contact, so the wound began to quickly mend itself regardless.

He glanced towards the tablet, noticing the image beginning to form. Gingerly, he took a step towards it, leaning down to glance at the strange device.

"...I've never seen s-something like this..." Siglos murmured. It certainly wasn't like any of the tools he had created.

"M-my pleasure, Sylvia" Siglos said softly, his eyes widening slightly as he saw her easily crush the bottle. It worked on direct contact, so the wound began to quickly mend itself regardless.

He glanced towards the tablet, noticing the image beginning to form. Gingerly, he took a step towards it, leaning down to glance at the strange device.

"...I've never seen s-something like this..." Siglos murmured. It certainly wasn't like any of the tools he had created.
Suddenly, the image formed, a burst of light knocking Siglos back but not harming him, unless he fell or something when knocked back and hit his head like an idiot.

"Testing... Testing... Ah, yes, it works. If your hearing this, congratulations, your idiotic enough that you don't know how to read and need me to tell you how." The figure said, clearly an Everian, but, he wasn't physically there, it was like some sort of image projected through light... (Basically a hologram.)

Siglos fell onto his back, staring up at the hologram as it formed. Slowly, he sat up, his eyes widening as he watched the image.

"C-Cornelius?" Siglos asked quietly.
Sylvia picked Siglos up and put him on his feet, tilting her head at the hologram.

"First thing you need to know, I'm not actually here. By the time anybody actually finds this, it'd have been a couple thousand years since I recorded this so... don't ask me anything. Idiot." The man said.

Sylvia picked Siglos up and put him on his feet, tilting her head at the hologram.

"First thing you need to know, I'm not actually here. By the time anybody actually finds this, it'd have been a couple thousand years since I recorded this so... don't ask me anything. Idiot." The man said.
Siglos stood to his feet thanks to Slyiva's help, continuing to stare at the hologram.

"O-oh! S-sorry..." Siglos said quietly. He bowed at the hologram, before realizing he wouldn't see it in the first place. Somewhat embarrassed, he righted himself.

Sylvia would've chuckled if she could, so, she just sat down, crossed her legs, and pulled Siglos over to her, plopping him into her lap and putting the back of his head against her enormous meat pillows, which served as a headrest.

"So, since English is probably a lot different in your time compared to mine, you probably have zero idea how to read anything I've written. I don't know if you'll know this technique, but, it'd be optimal to try and use Mana Sight to dissect and translate the language." The man said, "Though if your an Everian you'll probably know how to do it. Hopefully. I'd hope magic didn't degrade to the point an Everian of all races wouldn't know basic Mana Sight..."

Noah sighed as she continued to explore, She didn't mean to disturb people when they was eating or doing their work, so she went to find something else.
The facility itself did not have many people to interact with that were not on-duty, but if Noah wanted there were plenty of places to rest, read, train, eat, or anything like that. The library and the mess hall were generally close, and if she wanted to eat, the mess hall was clearly free, and the same with the library if she wanted to read.

Back