• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Sylvia glanced at Siglos' grin, not really understanding what the big deal was as Cain just stared at the inscriptions endlessly while Jeanne continued praying, breathing out and trembling gently.

"Indeed he was, Sir. I'd say that in terms of craftsmanship, that man far surpassed anything in our modern time. Did you know that the airship is actually based off of a similar vehicle made from his design?" Alice said to Siglos.

“O-oh! Really? T-that’s…that’s amazing!” Siglos said. Hearing that another Everian could reach such a high level in the craft gave Siglos a strange sense of…hope. Hope that if he continued to pursue the art…he could reach such mastery…just like the men who came before him.

“W-what else can you tell me about him?” Siglos asked.

"Why read a book when you can just do it all yourself?" Sylvia thought, "Then you can just write you're own book... But then again, I don't know much about enchanting or magic outside of Dark Magic, so maybe I can't say..."

"Perhaps the Archbishop will be able to provide you with something." Alice said, "I make no promises, though."

"I'm sure that Cornelius would fancy an apprentice if we can ever find him." Suddenly a voice rang out to the group from afar, a man coated in light approaching the group slowly, "But, unfortunately... he's a busy man." The man said, his voice ringing throughout the corridor with a domineering tone, but also a soft, welcoming tone mixed in with it as he walked toward the group.

"A-an apprentice!?" Siglos said, excitedly. He whirled around, staring at the man. Thought a moment later, his breath caught in his throat, his eyes growing wide in shock. For a brief moment, his entire body shivered, as if he had been blasted with an intense gust of air.

"...O-oh!" Siglos murmured. Instinctually, he took a step back, a bead of sweat appearing on his face as he felt a fierce tsunami of mana flow over him. He quickly bowed at the man, remaining in the position as he approached.

Jeanne was instantly on her hands and knees, bowing down to the man almost as on instinct as she breathed heavily, clearly supremely nervous. "I-I-I-"

Sylvia found it appropriate to kneel down to the man, the torrent of supreme power overflowing from him letting both her and Cain know that he was no man to be trifled with as Cain got off of Sylvia's shoulders and kneeled as well...

"Good Evening, Lord Archbishop." Alice said, kneeling down.

"Haha! Now, Alice, you didn't inform me we were having such company...! Indeed, I am the Archbishop of this church, but there is no need to bow or kneel, young ones." Velen said, gently stroking his immense amount of beard hair as he laughed out loud.

Slowly, Siglos stood back up, still avoiding the man's gaze.

"I-it's a-an h-honer t-to meet y-you, l-lord A-archbishop..." Siglos said quietly. Though a small part of him was focused on the name he had said earlier.

"...His name was...Cornelius." Siglos thought. He desperately wanted to ask the man more about him, but his nervousness prevented him from saying anything more.

Velen smiled, "No, you may not. Because, based on why your here, from what I can gather, we have far more important matters to attend to than your lofty dreams, Sir Siglos. Your questions can wait until after we settle the matter of these armies... And yes, I get that a lot, Ms. Noah."

"It is quite alright, Sir Siglos. A piece of advice... Your dreams are indeed important, but, don't let your excitement distract you from the matter at hand. There exists things outside your world, and working to recognize these problems outside of your own bubble of dreams is one of the first signs of blossoming maturity, Siglos." Velen said.

Saffi also took these words to heart, seeing as she had her own excitement as she came here. Granted, perhaps she shouldn't have, considering growing in mysticism would make her a far more valuable asset. "Well, if there truly isn't any time to waste..." She said with a hint of disappointment, but still a kind of curiosity on what the plan was going to be.

(Guess I should get back to this. 🗿 )

"Well, let us go, then..." Velen said, taking his staff and gently tapping the end of it onto the floor, a magical circle swiftly forming and enveloping the group and shifting them through a large tube of energy, clearly transporting them to a far away location...

(You know how in the beginning of Doctor Who episodes we see the Tardis going through a weirdass wormhole thing? Yeah imagine that.)

Jeanne freaked out for a moment, "Wh-Wha-"

"Don't worry, Ms. Valentina! It's just some teleportation magic!" Velen called out.

"Ooooooo..." Sylvia glanced at the fast-moving vortex of energy while Cain just had a look of bafflement on her face, completely confused as to what was even happening.

Siglos breathed out, his cheeks still burning from the archbishop's previous comment. His heart skipped a beat as the energy enveloped him, but he seemed more nervous than surprised. His face went slightly pale, remembering when the Everian nobles used similar spells for transport.

“O-oh…” Siglos murmured. He grabbed his hat, clenching the fabric in his hand as they traveled.

(K.)

Eventually, the group reached their destination, standing on a dark platform, that was surrounded by candle-lit walls, beginning to move up in some sort of elevator as suddenly the air around them felt... heavier.

"We're almost there..." Velen said, tapping his staff on the ground as the air got heavier the more the platform moved. "Forgive the ambience of this elevator, it's just... I can't show you what needs to be shown without this defense."

Siglos slowly nodded. He took out one of his enchanted rings, the same one he had used on the Airship, before placing it to his mouth. Gusts of air began to blast from the jewel, the lighter air helping him breathe more easily as he inhaled it.

"..I-It's...It's no problem, V-Velen." Siglos said softly.

"...If it requires both a teleportation spell and additional defenses to reach...it must be...very important." Siglos thought. He breathed out shakily, wondering what they would see once they reached their destination.

Jeanne breathed out while Sylvia and Cain seemed... weirdly comfortable, as if they were getting closer to something vaguely familiar to themselves.

The elevator soon stopped, and the walls around them became transparent, allowing them to see outside as grotesque, purple mana began slowly rising from beneath them, with Cain being the first to lean over to see what was below them as Velen looked down, beckoning Jeanne over to see it as she was clearly nervous, the young knight breathing out and moving over...

Back