• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"I grew up in a cave. Cain grew up in a tent. Tents are nicer than caves." Sylvia signed, clearly a woman of little "words" in situations like this.

"Where'd the rest of you grow up?" Sylvia signed.
"O-oh I uh..." Siglos scratched his head.

"...Just a...normal, Everian upbringing. W-we lived in a forest a long ways away from here..." Siglos said. It was the story he stuck with anytime someone asked him about his past, even if it was mostly false.

"O-oh I uh..." Siglos scratched his head.

"...Just a...normal, Everian upbringing. W-we lived in a forest a long ways away from here..." Siglos said. It was the story he stuck with anytime someone asked him about his past, even if it was mostly false.
"Why live in a forest? You could've lived in a human settlement or something. Everians and humans trade a lot just like we always trade with dwarves." Sylvia signed, tilting her head.

"You're a very bad liar." Sylvia signed.

"Stuuuupid. Siglos is stuuuupid." Cain thought to herself, resting her feet on Sylvia's breasts.
Siglos froze, staring at Sylvia. He said nothing for a few moments.

“I-….” Siglos trailed off, his face turning deep red. Slowly he nodded. Stepping aside, he bowed deeply.

“I-I I’m sorry. My upbringing was rather…unpleasant for me. So I…make up a better one when…p-people ask…” Siglos said softly.

“I-I shouldn’t have lied to you. Sorry.” Siglos repeated, bowing deeply again.

Sylvia glanced down at Siglos as he walked, her eyes dilating akin to a cat's and zeroing in on him. She kept watching him for a few moments, the way he carried himself/walked, the way he looked, etc.

"You're an Everian noble, right?" Sylvia signed, moving her hands in front of his face while they walked so he could see.

"I just looked at how you walked. You're posture is a lot straighter than most, and you take care of yourself. Though, I was expecting to be wrong since even I know that isn't enough evidence to suggest something like this.... But I guess my guess was right!" Sylvia signed.

Cain did nothing for a bit.

"...Cain get to sleep in a nice tent. And Cain get to eat." Cain signed.
Siglos flashed her a small, slightly shaky smile.

"...O-oh! That sounds nice." Siglos said. He figured Rakshashin didn't value material wealth much, unlike other nobles.

"...Are...royalty expected to be better fighters than normal Rakshashins?" Siglos asked.

"It was not fun." Cain signed to Khadgar, "Cain fought. Cain fought hard. Cain is meant to be the best. Cain became the best. Cain just needs to defeat father. Then she'll be the very best... the greatest... in the world..." She signed, her language slowly becoming incoherent as she gripped Sylvia's horns, which were rather small in comparison to hers.

"It was not fun." Cain signed to Khadgar, "Cain fought. Cain fought hard. Cain is meant to be the best. Cain became the best. Cain just needs to defeat father. Then she'll be the very best... the greatest... in the world..." She signed, her language slowly becoming incoherent as she gripped Sylvia's horns, which were rather small in comparison to hers.
"Then we will do that, I've been thinking on what happened... and if it will be an issue for Argus in the future..." Khadgar said

Siglos said nothing for a moment, simply staring at Cain.

"...Is...that what you want, Cain?" Siglos said softly. He removed his hat, gripping it in his hands as he looked at the women.

"...Y-your future...doesn't need to be dictated by your blood."

"...." Cain remained still for a bit longer once more, before shaking her head.

"Once Cain defeats father... There'll be no bad armies. Cain will kill them all. She'll be the strongest... Stronger than him... Stronger than you... And she'll kill them all... then there will be nothing to worry about... Because Cain is going to make her dream a reality... and save Argus..." She signed, her words once again becoming partially coherent.

"...." Cain remained still for a bit longer once more, before shaking her head.

"Once Cain defeats father... There'll be no bad armies. Cain will kill them all. She'll be the strongest... Stronger than him... Stronger than you... And she'll kill them all... then there will be nothing to worry about... Because Cain is going to make her dream a reality... and save Argus..." She signed, her words once again becoming partially coherent.
"It's good that you believe that... I however... I do not believe that is the end. Shadows are rising. And we must be prepared to face them." Khadgar said

"Cain... will make a kingdom. A really big one, for all races of Argus. Where everyone can be happy. Where everyone doesn't have to fight, and... can do what they want. And believe what they want." Cain signed, letting go of Sylvia's horns.

"That's because you Everians are all weak and don't train... That you rely on things like magic..." Cain signed.

"Don't be rude, Cain!" Sylvia said to Cain in their unique language, looking up at her.
Siglos glanced at Cain.

"...There are plenty of fine, Everian warriors, Cain." Siglos said. His voice took on a slight edge to it, the softness partially vanishing.

"...You can call me weak all you want...but I'd rather you not claim my entire race is inadequate..."

Noah stopped and looked to see if she could find a place that makes metal things not necessarily weapons.
Pretty much any market that sold dining utensils or a smithy lmao.
Siglos glanced at Cain.

"...There are plenty of fine, Everian warriors, Cain." Siglos said. His voice took on a slight edge to it, the softness partially vanishing.

"...You can call me weak all you want...but I'd rather you not claim my entire race is inadequate..."
"...I'd like to fight them one day, then." Cain signed, not really understanding why he seemed annoyed. Weakness was weakness, that's all it was. If someone didn't like being called weak, then regardless of race, just get stronger, was what Cain thought... She'd say the same thing if it had applied to her own race, so, she didn't really understand why he seemed annoyed at that.

(Me irl to Cain irp:

spiderman.jpg
)

"...I'd like to fight them one day, then." Cain signed, not really understanding why he seemed annoyed. Weakness was weakness, that's all it was. If someone didn't like being called weak, then regardless of race, just get stronger, was what Cain thought... She'd say the same thing if it had applied to her own race, so, she didn't really understand why he seemed annoyed at that.
Siglos breathed out, shaking his head. In truth, he wasn't even sure why it bothered him in the first place. He was no warrior, and it wasn't as if he particularly cared if he or any of his other race was considered strong by Rakashakin standards. Yet...Cain's comment got under his skin, at least for a moment.

"...Y-yeah. I-it would be nice to meet them...one day." Siglos murmured. He straightened his hat a bit, before glancing back in front of him.

Back