• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Saffi's healing found little significant damage, aside from a bruise that was slowly forming on his back from the fall. Such injuries were quickly washed away as her healing magic washed over him.

"W-whoa-" Siglos said in surprise, a light blush appearing on his face as Saffi helped him get the dust off. Gently, he took a step back, bowing deeply.

T-thank you, Saffi! I-I didn't mean to worry you." Siglos said softly.
"You flew across the sky, did you not expect me to be at least somewhat anxious?" She responded, turning to Sylvia. "You couldn't wait one more minute? I mean, we're fighting against mystic armies, it's not like Alice would consider you a lost cause if you were to stop for breakfast. I doubt you had to throw two people across a city just to make it here in enough time." Unlike normally, Saffi seemed somewhat frustrated.

Sylvia shrugged, "If Siglos didn't want to be thrown he could've told me he didn't wanna be thrown! Besides, Cain enjoys being thrown, right?" Sylvia signed.

"Cain does not particularly enjoy or not enjoy being thrown." Cain signed, indifferent.
(Sorry, I have a life, unlike Azontr who transcended the concept of job and sleep).
(It's called summer break, bozo, get on your Louisiana grindset.)
an amorphous form of smoke and mist floated across the sky until it reached the group

Noah reformed from that cloud of mist and then stretched a bit.

"ahhh, I feel like I haven't slept like this in years, I'll have to thank Alice for that gift" Said Noah who had more energy than ever
"Hello, Noah. How was your night?" Jeanne asked.

From the air dropped what seemed to be a hanging ladder, from which Alice slid down, landing in front of the group.

"Don't worry, this is completely safe. I'm aware some of you can fly and some of you can't, so I've prepared air travel in case." Alice said.

"O-Oh..." Jeanne breathed out, relieved it wasn't an enemy.

"You all have the choice to take the airship or not, but it'll most likely be going faster than you can individually fly regardless, and it'll be more comfortable than simply flying on your own." Alice said, "But, again, it is all up to your discretion. And I have no problem with providing transport." Alice said to Siglos.

"A-alright. T-thank you, Sir." Siglos said. Slowly, he walked towards the ladder, gripping it tightly.

"...I haven't traveled in one of these in more than a decade..." Siglos thought. He shivered, his body tensing slightly as he recalled the airships his family used to ride. In truth...he'd rather not touch another one of them. Memories of being thrown against the rails echoed in his mind from one...particularly nasty fight with his father. The blood slowly trailing down his head as he collapsed against the metal walls.

"...Just...keep going..." Siglos murmured to himself. Shaking his head, he began to scale the ladder, ignoring the slow panic that consumed his body with every step.

Cain just hopped on Sylvia's shoulders and the woman's wings began to flap as she floated into the air with Cain while Jeanne just climbed up the ladder.

"Oh, don't worry, you'll fit just fine." Alice said to Kargath as she began hopping up the ladder at alarming speeds.

219d3f6fdf358043ea922680058ea91f.jpg

(Full view of the ship for anybody who wants to see.)

Siglos reached the bottom floor of the airship, breathing heavily. Crawling onto the landing, he rolled onto his back, trying to catch his breath.

"....Breathe..." Siglos murmured. Slowly, he reached into his pouch, grabbing a small ring, a small diamond at its center. Riasing it to his mouth, he bit the gem, gripping the small jewel between his teeth. For a moment nothing happened, until air slowly began to pump from the enchanted gemstone, a soothing mix of oxygen and lavender scent filling his mouth and nose.

Sylvia and Cain got onto the ship as well, her wings ceasing their flapping as Jeanne arrived a few moments later.

"What's wrong?" Sylvia signed to Siglos, turning to him as she noticed his stress.
Siglos breathed out, putting the ring away from his face. Slowly, he stood up, flashing Slyvia a soft, yet weary, smile. He was tempted to feign being alright, but knew already that Slyvia wouldn't fall for it.

"...I-I've...just had some...bad experiences...with airships. I'll be fine..." Siglos said softly.

"Can't your lungs handle this amount of air?" Noah said
"...N-not used to...being so high up either...especially not...after climbing...so much" Siglos said tiredly, glancing at Noah. he brought the ring to his mouth again, gently inhaling the air it provided.

"Kay." Sylvia signed, "If you didn't want to climb I could've just flown you up, though."

Jeanne didn't seem much used to being this high up either, feeling immense pressure in her ears for a bit before just slouching against the wall of the ship.

"Kay." Sylvia signed, "If you didn't want to climb I could've just flown you up, though."

Jeanne didn't seem much used to being this high up either, feeling immense pressure in her ears for a bit before just slouching against the wall of the ship.
Siglos flashed her a weary smile, the ring still lingering near his mouth for air.

"I...I'll keep that in mind..." Siglos said softly.

"...A-as long as you don't throw me up next time..." Siglos said, letting out a soft chuckle.

"oh, but calm down we're fine, I'm sure this baby is very good, also how likely is it to happen again?, If something happen, me or Sylvia can save you" Noah said to Siglos
"....I...." Siglos stared at Noah for a few moments, before shaking his head.

"It's...it's not important. T-thanks, Noah. I...I appreciate you...looking out for me." Siglos said quietly.

Jeanne was slowly getting used to the air pressure on her ears, though the popping sound and the tension wasn't something she much enjoyed... She wondered when Saffi was going to come up, but for now, she was just glad someone was looking out for Siglos.
Siglos flashed her a weary smile, the ring still lingering near his mouth for air.

"I...I'll keep that in mind..." Siglos said softly.

"...A-as long as you don't throw me up next time..." Siglos said, letting out a soft chuckle.
"Oh, don't be silly! If I threw you your head would've hit the hull and I would've crushed your skull!" Sylvia signed, giving him a pat on the back once more with a smile as Cain just leaned back into Sylvia's tummy.

"Oh, don't be silly! If I threw you your head would've hit the hull and I would've crushed your skull!" Sylvia signed, giving him a pat on the back once more with a smile as Cain just leaned back into Sylvia's tummy.
Siglos flinched, before slowly beginning to chuckle.

"Heh...I-I suppose so." Siglos murmured. He glanced up at Sylvia, returning her smile, before slowly standing to his feet, leaning against the wall for support.

(Alright, now for description.)

The inside of the ship was rather large, with the height of the room the group was in itself being around 30-35 meters to accommodate for Orc or Rakshashin passengers, though it was more common for the Orcs to be the ones actually riding in an airship. The main room that the group was in had a multitude of windows that could be open and closed as to look at the view from the ship. The inside was mostly birch wood painted brown, but it seemed to be laced with some sort of magic, so it'd be harder to break than normal wood. If one wanted to explore, the ship had many facilities, which included bedrooms/bathrooms, kitchens, entertainment areas(basically places where people can play medieval air hockey lmao), and even miniature libraries and such, showing that the ship was indeed enormous. These various areas could only be accessed through various visible doorways, and as such, anybody who wasn't actively expanding some form of Extrasensory Perception or Enhanced Senses to see into the other rooms from the main room wouldn't know about the various facilities yet.

"We'll be moving, now. Please enjoy your stay in our ship." Alice said, walking through one of the hallways, seemingly so she could go pilot the ship personally.
"Jeanne, may I speak to you?" Saffi asked, still looking around at the inside of the ship with divided attention.
"Of course, Saffi..." Jeanne said, able to now stand up, though the feeling of her ears popping due to the air pressure of the now moving airship was still making her visibly uncomfortable.

Back