• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Noah approaches a merchant and asks him/her

"Hey friend, do you have chains? Preferably the strongest and longest ones" I ask kindly
The merchant nodded, and we'll assume he's a blacksmith of sorts. He went into the back of his shop and pulled out a length of chain, about a meter in length, and it seemed generally tough.
Siglos breathed out, shaking his head. In truth, he wasn't even sure why it bothered him in the first place. He was no warrior, and it wasn't as if he particularly cared if he or any of his other race was considered strong by Rakashakin standards. Yet...Cain's comment got under his skin, at least for a moment.

"...Y-yeah. I-it would be nice to meet them...one day." Siglos murmured. He straightened his hat a bit, before glancing back in front of him.
"By the way, where exactly are we going? We've just been walking and walking..." Sylvia signed.

"...Nowhere. I-I just wanted to look around the town." Siglos said. He shook his head, glancing at some of the blacksmiths in the market.

"...We can end the walk here, if you'd like. I didn't mean to take up so much of your time."
"Oh, no, I don't care, and I have plenty of time! The more time passes the more time I have, anyway, I was just confused as I don't usually just... walk aimlessly." Sylvia signed.

Siglos stepped into the forge, instantly feeling some of the tension in his body disappear. The familiar smells of soot and ash wafting through him. He took a deep breath, simply enjoying the sensations. No matter where he went…a forge was always a forge. The tools differed, the materials changed…but they all felt…like home.

Slowly, he took off his cloak, wrapping it around his waist. He tipped off his hat, the clothing falling gently into his bag. From the same bag he pulled two, thick gloves, the material perfectly weaved to fit his slender hands. Gingerly, he slipped them onto his hands, glancing around the forge as he examined the available material. In he found a large, rough heap of metal. A soft smile appeared on his face, as he grabbed and walked towards it, already preparing to get to work.

…..

BANG

30 minutes later, Siglos's hammer slammed into the heated metal, sparks flying from where it had impacted the malleable materials. He could have easily used magic, making the entire process more efficient...but refused. His telekinesis wasn't as precise as the human hand, and he wouldn't settle for a rushed job.

Again and again, he slammed the hammer against the heap, the sword slowly taking shape before his eyes. His swings weren't strong, he didn't have anywhere near the muscle mass of even the average human blacksmith...but what he lacked in strength, he made up for in technique. Each swing was perfectly timed, and perfectly placed. He was like a surgeon, operating on the metal with such precision that would put even experienced smiths to shame.

He smoothed the metal, carefully beginning to form the edges. His strike became lightly, Siglos swapping to a smaller hammer as he slowly began to work on greater detail. His face was blank, staring at the metal with utmost concentration. Even if someone had interrupted him, he wouldn’t have heard them; it was as if the entire world melted away, replaced by nothing but himself and the blade. In that moment…he forgot about the armies and about Cain. He even forgot about his past. His entire life…was the hammer, and the metal.

Sweat poured from his brow, gently dripping onto the floor. His untrained muscles strained and ached, his body trembling. He wasn’t built for something like this; it was obvious to anyone who saw him…yet he kept working. The intricate designs and patterns slowly took shape as he got closer and closer to completion.

Sometime later…Siglos collapsed onto the wall, breathing heavily. In front of him, stood a large greatsword, the metal slowly cooling after several cycles of reheating and forging. Patterns and shapes covered the sides of the thick weapon, displaying the abstract forms of flying doves, slowly stretching from the end of the blade up to its tip. But...it was clear to anyone who knew weapons that that sword was far more than just aesthetically pleasing, the large weapon sharp enough to easily cleave through armor, if wielded by a sufficiently strong warrior.

Once the blade had finished cooling, Siglos slowly began to sharpen it further, breathing heavily as he worked the grindstone. Afterward, Siglos, with great effort, lifted the greatsword, his hands trembling as he grasped the heavyweight, slowly slipping it into a matching sheathe he had crafted, the thick leather possessing a similar amount of decoration as the sword itself. He placed the sheathed sword onto a nearby table and sat down, resting his head on the table. He was tired...yet a wide smile appeared on his face. He stayed their for a long while, gently drifting to sleep...

(Spoilered cuz long. You can timeskip now)

The next day...

Jeanne was the first to get up, moving to the center of the town to see if any transport had popped up...

Cain just stayed with Siglos while he slept, not sleeping and instead going through training drills, stabbing at the air with enough precision that it didn't wake Siglos while he slept.

Sylvia just waited for Siglos and Cain to come out, leaning against the outer wall of the building.

Saffi began her morning routine once more. After hygienic necessities, she proceeded to take a short walk around the city. It wasn't long before she noticed Jeanne and waved at her.
Jeanne noticed her as well and waved back, still wearing the necklace that Saffi gifted to her as she smiled at the Everian.
Siglos slowly nodded. Gradually, he found his hat, placing it on the table. He unwrapped his cloak from around his waist, tossing it over his shoulder.

"...Did you...stand there the whole time...?" Siglos asked quietly. He reached into his bag again, grabbing a large waterskin.
"Cain started training after you went to sleep. So yes." Cain signed.

"Cain started training after you went to sleep. So yes." Cain signed.
Siglos stared at her, before nodding, he looked away, taking a deep sip of his waterskin. The item, like many others, was enchanted, constantly replenishing itself as he greedily gulped the warm liquid. Taking it away from his lips for a moment, he raised his above his head, the water falling freely onto his face to wash the lingering sweat away from his brow. He planned to take a more intensive shower once he got the chance.

He put it back inside his pouch, looking back at Cain.

"...I-I didn't miss the arrival of the knights...r-right?" Siglos said softly.

"...O-oh. I guess you were here the whole time." Siglos murmured. Siglos blinked, before a look of slight panic appeared in his eyes.

"W-we have t-to get going then!" Siglos said. Quickly, he grabbed his hat, hastily stuffing it onto his head. His finger wrapped around his cloak, wrapping it properly around himself as he began to walk to the door. He quickly threw it open, water still dripping from his face and hair as he stepped outside. Glancing back inside the room, he telekinetically lifted the sword he had crafted, the sheathed weapon flying from the table into his open bag.

Last edited:
Siglos flew through the air, his hand flailing in the air as he was chucked towards the center of the town. He panicked for a few moments, letting out a loud yelp as he neared the ground. He landed on his back, a few feet away from Jeanne.

"G-good morning, Jeanne." Siglos said wearily. Slowly, he got into a sitting position, grabbing his hat that had fallen off during the fall.

"...Hi...?" Jeanne asked, confused as Cain landed perfectly on her feet while Sylvia stomped over a few moments later.

"Wha... What happened here...? Was there an attack...?"
Siglos got to his feet, dusting himself off. Slowly, he breathed out, rubbing a hand along his back.

"S-Slyiva t-threw me over...I overslept." Siglos said tiredly.

"...I uh...didn't expect to...fly like that..."

"I guess she is... big enough for that..." Jeanne murmured, "Smaller than Kargath, but... big enough... I presume..." She said, glancing at Sylvia and the others who had arrived.

"Has anyone seen Noah?" She asked.
"...I-I'm afraid not. I-I was at the forge for most of the day yesterday." Siglos said, sighing.

"...The last time I saw her, she was walking with me and the rest..."

Saffi was too far away to tell what happened until Suglos rocketed out of the sky, she went rushing to the younger Everian to see if he was alright.
Siglos glanced at Saffi, still rubbing his back. Flashing her a rather embarrassed smile, he waved at the older Everian.

“G-good morning Saffi…” Siglos said softly. He tried to disguise his Rather obvious discomfort, standing up straighter as his back creaked painfully.

(Sorry, I have a life, unlike Azontr who transcended the concept of job and sleep).

an amorphous form of smoke and mist floated across the sky until it reached the group

Noah reformed from that cloud of mist and then stretched a bit.

"ahhh, I feel like I haven't slept like this in years, I'll have to thank Alice for that gift" Said Noah who had more energy than ever

Siglos glanced at Saffi, still rubbing his back. Flashing her a rather embarrassed smile, he waved at the older Everian.

“G-good morning Saffi…” Siglos said softly. He tried to disguise his Rather obvious discomfort, standing up straighter as his back creaked painfully.
Saffi didn't respond and immediately started going to work, trying to get off any dust or dirt Siglos might've still had on him from falling like that. She couldn't see exactly where Siglos was hurting, so she spread her healing across his entire body. Naturally of course, this was healing, not Tylenol. That being said, it would only fix the damage, assuming there was no damage and it was just pain, this process would be ineffective.

Saffi's healing found little significant damage, aside from a bruise that was slowly forming on his back from the fall. Such injuries were quickly washed away as her healing magic washed over him.

"W-whoa-" Siglos said in surprise, a light blush appearing on his face as Saffi helped him get the dust off. Gently, he took a step back, bowing deeply.

T-thank you, Saffi! I-I didn't mean to worry you." Siglos said softly.

Back