• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"Now..." From Alice's portal dropped multiple bags of coin, treasure, weapons, potions, etc. This seemed to lose Sylvia and Cain's interest, who weren't really interested in money or treasure or potions, only things that could help them further their skill. The shine did seem to intrigue Cain then, as everything was indeed very shiny.

"Please, choose one of anything you like, whether it be a bag of coin, a weapon or item, or a potion, or a book, or whatever you desire. Just one, though, these are all very expensive. I was ordered to reward the brave fighters who had defended a village from attack, so please, indulge yourself." Alice said.

"Wow..." Jeanne said, looking at the pile of treasure and riches, which seemed to intrigue other bar-goers as well.

"Now..." From Alice's portal dropped multiple bags of coin, treasure, weapons, potions, etc. This seemed to lose Sylvia and Cain's interest, who weren't really interested in money or treasure or potions, only things that could help them further their skill. The shine did seem to intrigue Cain then, as everything was indeed very shiny.

"Please, choose one of anything you like, whether it be a bag of coin, a weapon or item, or a potion, or a book, or whatever you desire. Just one, though, these are all very expensive. I was ordered to reward the brave fighters who had defended a village from attack, so please, indulge yourself." Alice said.

"Wow..." Jeanne said, looking at the pile of treasure and riches, which seemed to intrigue other bar-goers as well.
"What is the strongest magic item there?" Khadgar asked, while Gazlowe seemed more interested in what he could make out of the biggest energy core there, or what he could improve

"Any hooks like this?" Kargath asked, moving his large chain hook forward while Wrathion inspected everything

"I do not feel very much worthy of any of these things...but, I would also hate for it to seem like you disrespected your orders..." She said, simply grabbing a book.

Siglos's eyes widened as the reward was poured onto the table. He said nothing for a moment, simply staring at the items. It was certainly better than any reward he had been expecting. Slowly he looked around, examining what was on the table, his eye glazed over the gold for a moment, focusing on a few of the weapons that had been placed there.

"...D-do you know who crafted these...?" Siglos asked quietly. His hand slowly reached towards a long rapier, gently running his hands along the blade.

"What is the strongest magic item there?" Khadgar asked, while Gazlowe seemed more interested in what he could make out of the biggest energy core there, or what he could improve

"Any hooks like this?" Kargath asked, moving his large chain hook forward while Wrathion inspected everything
"I have a stave that would suit you perfectly." Alice said, rummaging through the pile and pulling out a mystical staff that was identical to Khadgar's but a bit shorter so that it was more portable, and it was also much stronger and could handle a lot more power.

"Also, here you are." Alice would say after handing Khadgar his staff, moving to pull out a somewhat identical hook to Kargath's, it was a bit bigger but also a lot sharper.
"Do you have anything that can block out the sounds?" Noah said, clearly not wanting Sylvia snore to the point of killer her.
"I believe if you want you can purchase earmuffs at your local market, but, here you are, ma'am." Alice said, just pulling out some earmuffs for Noah.
Siglos's eyes widened as the reward was poured onto the table. He said nothing for a moment, simply staring at the items. It was certainly better than any reward he had been expecting. Slowly he looked around, examining what was on the table, his eye glazed over the gold for a moment, focusing on a few of the weapons that had been placed there.

"...D-do you know who crafted these...?" Siglos asked quietly. His hand slowly reached towards a long rapier, gently running his hands along the blade.
Alice smiled, "Well... He'd rather not have his name exposed publicly. He's rather introverted."
"I do not feel very much worthy of any of these things...but, I would also hate for it to seem like you disrespected your orders..." She said, simply grabbing a book.
"Oh, please, feel free to choose anything you like, regardless of worth. To these people, you may as well be a hero." Alice said with a smile.

"I have a stave that would suit you perfectly." Alice said, rummaging through the pile and pulling out a mystical staff that was identical to Khadgar's but a bit shorter so that it was more portable, and it was also much stronger and could handle a lot more power.

"Also, here you are." Alice would say after handing Khadgar his staff, moving to pull out a somewhat identical hook to Kargath's, it was a bit bigger but also a lot sharper.

"I believe if you want you can purchase earmuffs at your local market, but, here you are, ma'am." Alice said, just pulling out some earmuffs for Noah.

Alice smiled, "Well... He'd rather not have his name exposed publicly. He's rather introverted."

"Oh, please, feel free to choose anything you like, regardless of worth. To these people, you may as well be a hero." Alice said with a smile.
"Thank you." Khadgar said, opening his pouch and putting it in there due to its dimensional storage capabilities

"...thanks." Kargath said after swinging it at the air once while Gazlowe dug out a large mana reactor core, beginning to open his bot to put it in there to power it's capabilities

Wrathion picked out a sword just like his current one, hooking it to the other side of his belt with a smile

"I doubt I'll need money if others are bringing some, and I'm not trained in weaponry...I think a book could serve me well..." She paused to look at the book she grabbed so impulsively and put it back. "Do you have any books on mysticism perhaps? One that would help me with teaching..."

Siglos gingerly moved his hand down to the hilt of the blade, slowly picking it up. It was remarkably light, so much so that even he could lift it without much difficulty....but it was sharp. Extraordinarily so. He lifted it up to the light, the perfect steel shining softly as he examined it closer. He had never seen anything like it. With his other hand, he slowly ran his fingers along the golden hilt, closing his fingers around it.

"...C-can...I really...take this...?" Siglos said breathlessly.

"I doubt I'll need money if others are bringing some, and I'm not trained in weaponry...I think a book could serve me well..." She paused to look at the book she grabbed so impulsively and put it back. "Do you have any books on mysticism perhaps? One that would help me with teaching..."
Alice nodded, picking up a crimson book and handing it to Saffi. "This is a rather advanced passage on Fire and Earth magic. It should help you in your endeavors."
Siglos gingerly moved his hand down to the hilt of the blade, slowly picking it up. It was remarkably light, so much so that even he could lift it without much difficulty....but it was sharp. Extraordinarily so. He lifted it up to the light, the perfect steel shining softly as he examined it closer. He had never seen anything like it. With his other hand, he slowly ran his fingers along the golden hilt, closing his fingers around it.

"...C-can...I really...take this...?" Siglos said breathlessly.
"Of course you can. I said I was here to reward you, so rewarded you will be." Alice said with a smile.

Siglos stared at the women, before slowly nodding. Gingerly, he placed the sword across his shoulder, hugging it close to his chest. He could feel magic gently hum from the blade, barely noticeable to those without keen magical senses. The craftsmanship was so perfect the powerful enchantment hadn't left a single mark on its beautiful steel, rune or otherwise. Whoever had crafted it...it must've been a master.

"...T-thank you..." Siglos said softly, seemingly enamored with the weapon. He wanted it, wanted to reach this level of mastery. Wanted to create works of art just like this blade. He continued to ogle the weapon, seemingly forgetting his previous fear.

Jeanne just breathed in and out to calm herself, clearly not planning to take anything from the pile as she shook her head while Sylvia just looked at the rapier that Siglos had picked up, intrigued. Unlike Cain she wasn't a weapon fighter so she honestly didn't see the appeal of things like that when you could just use your hands and feet. Cain seemed also vaguely intrigued by the rapier... But she thought long weapons were unappealing. Shorter weapons were easier to move in both wide and enclosed spaces, so she always stuck to knives and daggers.

"We don't need it." Sylvia signed, "Never saw the point in money when you could just get or make your own stuff."

"What a free spirit..." Alice thought to herself before speaking up. "If you all would like to know of the reason that these armies are surfacing, I can take you to our Main Church to meet our Archbishop... We can provide free housing, food, and drinking and bathing water as well." She offered.

"We don't need it." Sylvia signed, "Never saw the point in money when you could just get or make your own stuff."

"What a free spirit..." Alice thought to herself before speaking up. "If you all would like to know of the reason that these armies are surfacing, I can take you to our Main Church to meet our Archbishop... We can provide free housing, food, and drinking and bathing water as well." She offered.

Siglos nodded.

"...I guess...if you could obtain everything yourself, you wouldn't need money..." Siglos murmured. He had a hard time understanding such a concept, having spent so long within city walls or along trade routes. He was tempted to ask more about it, but shifted his focus once he heard Alice speak.

"...I...I would like to know what's going on. And free lodging sounds...rather nice" Siglos said hesitantly. He looked down at the blade, wondering if he could meet any of the local smiths while he was there.

"That's wonderful, then. If all of you are willing, I'll be back to this village tomorrow to provide you with your transport." Alice said, bowing courteously.

"Th-Thank you for your hospitality, Sir Alice...!" Jeanne said, stumbling on her words as she planted her flag into the ground and bowing as well.

"Oh, you all showed much greater generosity than I when risking your lives to save this town. I will see you all tomorrow, then." Alice said as she turned around, moving out of the bar.

"Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......." Jeanne let out a deep breath, shaking her head.

Jeanne chuckled a bit at Noah's comment and leaned against her flag, "A Knight of Ophelius... Knight of the Sun... I've always aspired to be one myself. The armor and flag is not for nothing, yknow, I'm a Priest..." She explained.

"Indeed, Siglos. I've got quite a long way to go..." Jeanne murmured, shaking her head a bit.
"I know what it's like..." Saffi noted. "An occupation you aspire to have that you feel so far away from...I have a feeling this journey will bring us closer to what we seek, or at the very least, it will provide us with allies that take the pressure off." She said, smiling at Siglos.

"I know what it's like..." Saffi noted. "An occupation you aspire to have that you feel so far away from...I have a feeling this journey will bring us closer to what we seek, or at the very least, it will provide us with allies that take the pressure off." She said, smiling at Siglos.
"Indeed... Though, I don't have much I could help you with on that front, given I can't use magic on my own." Jeanne said, chuckling a bit.

"I hope so..." Jeanne murmured, "We have until tomorrow before Sir Alice arrives again, so... I think I should freshen myself up a bit." She said with a chuckle.
Siglos chuckled slightly.

"...I have a few cosmetic items in my bag if you want one." Siglos said softly. Gingerly, he reached into bag, before grabbing a small ring, a ruby in its center. Gently, he handed it to Jeanne.

"...It's enchanted. As long as you wear it, you'll always smell like roses."

Siglos flashed Saffi a small smile, nodding in agreement.

Back