• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

25 things I dislike about VS debating (and VSB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't you just love favoritism? Like seriously I can picture someone making the former with a smile on their face and a boner in their pants, then they'll make the latter and be like "Ugh, why am I doing this"
Yor JUST got her CTR for her profile update accepted like, couple days ago. Both profiles were outdated, so that accusation is stupid not gonna lie

4. the Bureaucrat system as a whole. whats the point of admins when there's people who have higher permissions than them that can do literally whatever they want. get rid of Bureaucrats and make admins the highest tier of staff
I guess people are going to ignore the most glaring problem I pointed out

Arceus0x said:
mfs blew up my hood
can't have shiz in detroit
CRT downgraded my stats.
Can't have anything on VSBW.

Last edited:
1. Space.
2. Time.
3. McDonalds.
4. Tier 1.
5. Tier 2.
6. Tier 3.
7. The Tiering System.
8. Content Revision Threads.
9. Dragon Ball.
10. Tier 0.
11. Humanity in general.
12. Staff members.
13. Staff members.
14. Staff members.
15. Staff members at McDonalds.
16. Calculations.
17. Matter Manipulation.
18. Dungeons and Dragons.
19. Tabletop verses in general.
20. Omnipotence not being an ability.
21. Goku.
22. Monkey D. Luffy.
23. One Piece.
24. Two Piece.
25. Three Piece Chicken McNugget Meal.

Average VSBW dislike

1. Staff (i hate them)
2. Staff (they are poopy)
3. Staff (they suck)
4. Staff (they took away my toys GIVE ME BACK MY LEGOS)
5. Staff (they are mean)
6. Staff (They are staff)
7. Staff (the word staff is funny)
8. Staff (They disagreed with me)
9. Staff (they are not based)
10. Staff (they are smelly)
10976495. Staff (some staff are bad people, all bad people are staff)

Jesus can yall get some original opinions, staff hate is getting unoriginal.

I almost feel the urge to debunk half the things in here, but I shall refrain.

Instead I'll just say that 16 and 20 from the OP are incredibly based. I hate how you need to go through 50 pages on Pokemon profiles only to arrive at a questionable feat to say the least. Also hate how we treat calcs as the final arbiter of things. Especially when I could casually debunk 50% or more of all current calcs that are in use. Ppl on here rly overestimate their knowledge on math and especially physics to a hilarious degree. Dunning-Kruger Effect at its finest.

Anyways, to add to the list

1. FRA trains. By far one of the worst things in vs debating ever. Especially when they happen before a counter argument was even made. If it was up to me everyone would need to paraphrase the thing they agree with. If the thing they agree with gets debunked/is contested, their FRA is put on ice. I've seen several threads end before even a counter argument was made, it hurts.

2. Regular users getting ignored, but when staff says the same thing, everyone suddenly agrees. It's those colored tags, I swear. The rarer they are and the more you have, the more people agree.

3. Kru being too nice for his own good. That RVR was kinda unwarrented, ngl. I doubt anyones skin here is so thin that they can't handle someone saying they dislike their pfp, let alone "being attacked for attacking people". Not to mention that this is all fairly light hearted. Being banned for attacking someone over attacking others would be pretty hilarious though, ngl

4. Me not being staff yet. Smh my head. Give me all dem fancy colors already.

5. The fact that people think that arguemts which havent been properly debunked become irrelevant when enough people strawman them/say no.

6. The fact that staff can somehow ignore a thread for 1.5 years and nobody, not even HR calls them out on it. Yes, I am slowly but steadily getting salty over this and I dont think anyone can say I wasnt being patient

7. People in the OPM thread making fun of me over sth I never even argued. Now that I did make a proper arguemt they are too scared to debate me on it. smh

8. Me getting roped into debunking all of Adventure Time. The verse hasn't had an accepted rating in like 2 years and nobody is willing to revise it. And no, I am not revising over 40 pages of a ten season show myself.

9. Pointing out flawed calcs, like the Grün calc, having everyone agree that it is flawed, yet it is has been on the profiles regardless. Pointing out a calc is flawed and being completely ignored is even worse tho.

10. People caring more for high tiers than accuracy. Anything that gives a tier, no matter how absurd, will be used to boost the ratings. Whether there are contradictions doesn't matter. Just come up with headcanon nonsense to justify why it should totally be that way.

11. Universal energy nonsense. Not a thing. Prove that attack A scales to attack B. Them using the same energy means nothing.

12. Misusage of terms like "game mechanics", using them whenever it fits their narrative.

13. Saying "but it's fiction" or "manga logic" about arguments going against a calc.

14. Scaling "creation and destruction of realms and universes" that a character made to their physicals or other attacks with no proper evidence. Basically 11. but dumber.

15. Scaling to cooling and cloud feats. So much nonsensical scaling could be resolved if this wasn't the case.

15. Characters scaling to one another because they can injure one another. A mage with 100 ATK and 10 HP and a tank with 10ATK and 100HP one shot one another. Doesnt mean they scale in any way.

16. Two attacks scaling to one another because they can injure a target. A fire ball scaling to a sword or punch is dumb. We treat both as valid AP but we certainly shouldn't scale them to one another.

17. Walking through flames is temperature resistance yet surviving in a star is apparently a durability feat.

18. GBE as baseline for celestial objects, yet rarely any feat of destroying those objects is ever equivalent to the GBE. Just a quick example. Atomizing a ball of tungsten as massive as earth is only small planet level. Atomizing one the actual size of earth is also still just small planet level. We even have a calc for vaporizing earth, which clearly shows it, yet we added GBE on top of that becuase . . . I guess the claim is that that gas isn't gravitationally bound anymore? Not sure tbh. A Nebula is also gravitationally bound and made up of gas, so that seems very counter intuitive.

19. Tier two should be fused into 1 tier. Even if you want to claim NLF it should be 3 at most. 2-C and 2-B have no business being separate. They are both equally arbitrary.

20. The fact that we act as if Joules are this incredible measuring stick to determine strength and durability when it is really not.

21. People referring to intensity and surface tension as "piercing energy". This one really rubs me the wrong way.

22. Being infinitely superior to a Low 2-C strucure shouldn't be Low 2-C and being infinitely superior to a 2-A structure shouldn't be 2-A. The author not saying "unountably" shouldnt be held againt the verse.

23. Calculations being dismissed for being too in detail and too accurate to physics.

Edit: 24. The fact that people misuse Newton to argue that your Dura scales to your own AP. It doesn't.

Average VSBW dislike

1. Staff (i hate them)
2. Staff (they are poopy)
3. Staff (they suck)
4. Staff (they took away my toys GIVE ME BACK MY LEGOS)
5. Staff (they are mean)
6. Staff (They are staff)
7. Staff (the word staff is funny)
8. Staff (They disagreed with me)
9. Staff (they are not based)
10. Staff (they are smelly)
10976495. Staff (some staff are bad people, all bad people are staff)

Jesus can yall get some original opinions, staff hate is getting unoriginal.
Watchmojo would rate this 10/10

2. Regular users getting ignored, but when staff says the same thing, everyone suddenly agrees. It's those colored tags, I swear. The rarer they are and the more you have, the more people agree.
This one does suck huge balls
19. Tier two should be fused into 1 tier. Even if you want to claim NLF it should be 3 at most. 2-C and 2-B have no business being separate. They are both equally arbitrary.
Elaborate on this because its lowkey interesting

This one does suck huge balls

Elaborate on this because its lowkey interesting
Well, the distance between universes is completely arbitrary and anknown. You could have a 2-C verse be just as large as a 2-B verse or even 2-A verse. It's like arguing the size of a country based on its poulation. While larger populations are often in larger countries, you will also find massive outliers like Canada, Australia or Bangladesh.

Well, the distance between universes is completely arbitrary and anknown. You could have a 2-C verse be just as large as a 2-B verse or even 2-A verse. It's like arguing the size of a country based on its poulation. While larger populations are often in larger countries, you will also find massive outliers like Canada, Australia or Bangladesh.
the distance between universes is unquantifiable by the site's standards.
It is based on the idea that it could be similar the distance between stars can vary from barely a parsec to dozens of lightyears or any other spatial body.
Due to this even if you're infinitely above a 2-C feat you'd just be infinitely above that feat and not 2-A.
This sounds dumb but it's either that or goku becoming one of the biggest 2-B characters when he can't do squat to a guy who is slightly above baseline low 2-C

But yeah 10-C urgently needs a revision in the future. It's beyond illogical that a human child, a mouse, an ant, a cell and a computer virus can all fit in the same AP rating.

Ofc the issue is finding an alternative.
Have Low 10-C, 10-C and high 10-C

Low 10-C is anything below 1.7361113888889E-6 joules (ant energy output)

10-C is anything above said energy to 0.1215056150528 joules (mouse energy output)

High 10-C is anything above

1) Calculation Requests Thread: Literally none of the... I don't know how many feats I posted were calculated
That's completely true, literally none of the requests people suggests are completely taken. Which is why I prefer asking people who know how to calc feats onto their wall

1. People who disagree with me.
  2. People who don't agree with me.
  3. People who don't have the intellect to agree with me.
  4. People who want to argue against my proposal
  5. People who have ideas opposite to mine

1. Whenever people say "well character A can't travel around the world 7 times in a second and hasn't shown to do it so he isnt ftl"
2. TikTok using the VSBW tiers incorrectly and then saying this site is wrong for scaling characters somewhere lol
3. The amount of misinformation discord and tiktok scalers can spread about a series is scary, more so when random people eat it up without questioning it.
4. Whenever someone posts scans from a Light Novel and doesn't actually provide from which volume and chapter it is taken from because they are fake. Danmachi, TenseiSlime, Highschool DXD are good examples.
5. Some profiles on the wiki have standard tactics and some don't.
6. People saying "X character/series has been debunked so they lose" without elaborating.
7. REALLY dislike people who go to an authors Twitter or other social media accounts and ask weird questions like "could your character beat another character from a different series?" Most of them literally do not care or don't even know what you're talking about and it puts them in an awkward situation.

1. Excessive Mario Downgrades and people wonder why there ain't much support for it on the wiki, even though it's one of the biggest franchises in the world and not to mention spamming outliers or PIS on some if not most of the feats.

Some of these are from vs matches, imagining losing Tier 2 off of a vs match 😭

1.How 90% of time fear manipulation is just anime dude having a stronger aura and the other guy being afraid to fight someone much stronger.
2.Mogami no longer being in the Top 5 strongest non smurf thread due to light novel and ultra chinamen.
3.When a game character with massive versatility and no real in character behaviour fights someone who resist 95% of their hax, but people debate as if the game character would open and then follow up with best choices possible instantly (even without info analysis or precog).
4.The rivalry between Boros and Tatsumaki in the OPM fandom (at least now Garou is far above these losers).
5.Chainsawman being ignored as a verse here.
6.Absurdly long scaling chains for a character who's already like 1.4x away from the next tier.
7.When matches have like 5 people arguing for a character simultaneously against one dude having to respond against walls upon walls of spam.
8.Regular users with no calc experience FRAing calc discussion threads. (I stay away from them for a good reason, me no smart).
9.When people make multiple CRTs to drastically change already accepted things due to some weird new translation or semantic interpretation of a simple phrase in japanese.
10.When 90% of the argument in a thread is "but he dodges"
11.People who are biased to a certain character to the point they will always begin arguing said character wins, and when they don't it's suddenly a stomp.
12.Farming wins for characters by putting them against characters who they very obviously beat.
13.Farming loses for characters by putting them against characters who they very obviously lose to.
14.Debates between unskilled brick characters wich culminates in who has the higher AP.
15.skill debates when both characters have extremely supernatural and unquantifiable feats.
16.When you write up a long text and the wiki just excludes it.

Reactions: JED
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back