• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Relooking at Mario's stats: the speed edition!

Mama mia, will this ever end!!

Looking at Mario's profile page he first speed feat referenced should be within its own column, the Koopa Clown car shouldn't be used because the feats mentioned are similar to asking how fast the Millennium Falcon is, and the Millennium Star should not be used because the text explicitly said it fell from the sky and did not intentionally travel across the universe.

Also to mention, when Mario was keeping up with them, he obviously wasn't really going or reacting anywhere near MFTL+

Now, Mario does have his own Relativistic feats which I can accept, I'm just not sure if I can accept anything MFTL+ that is not from Galaxy

p.s. why wasn't the Mario Party 9 feat removed yet?!

This wiki usually tends to count travel speed through space as a general speed feat unless the verse specifically considers them separate (and even in that case, it often ignores that). Past that, I have little to contribute, I'd just like to put that out there.

Koopa clown cart feat counts cause Mario reacts to it. And where feats come from doesn't matter. There are consistent feats in galaxy.

Mario should scale to the Koopa Clown Car's speed for reasons stated above. I don't know why he'd be Relativistic when the Galaxy series provides consistent MFTL+ feats.
For what it's worth, Mario and co. can also escape a black hole in MP6.

I agree with the Millennium Star feat being removed though.

His current Galaxy key scales him to the lumas which makes sense since he is being powered up by the little luma

Also for that Mario Party 6 Black hole, they weren't in the event horizon so it shouldn't count. Although I do remember Bowser escape the event horizon in Bowser's Inside Story, but that was in his giant form

Just because they couldn't do something in one instance doesn't mean that they can't have a greater tiering. (ex: its the same as saying Goku shouldn't even be supersonic despite showing that he is MFTL+, because there was that one episode he couldn't dodge a bullet. Or that they are only baseline SoL, since Dyspo is stated to be light speed.)

The only thing that the Luma does is grant him the ability to travel through space. Rosalina even says this.
That implies multiple things like being able to use launch stars

Also looking at Lubba's statement, there isn't anything that implies the ship was traveling or not when the meteors collided, it's like they got blasted by meteors by surprise

Last edited:
Well, I'm not going to deny those feats, although since Mario has a Key for Galaxy feats, shouldn't that apply for those speed feats too?

Several things like how they work, how they appear, how they are used, how they are created, there's lore behind Galaxy's power stars while there isn't for 64's. And of course I'm sure no one really knew about Galaxy's power stars before SMG

Here is what has been agreed upon getting removed:
Bowser Creating a black hole in Mario Party 9
Anything speed related to the Millennium Star

I mean I don’t see how that makes them different.
The lore would apply to 64 as well.
The designs aren’t that different.
The use is the only potential thing and even then it would require more explanation.

Slaps face

Guys. We see the Millennium Star fly to the center in the opening, before it fell. It's already been explained.

Also, Mario is comparable to the Launch Star. Reminder that Starbits are able to fly alongside side Mario at the same speeds, in which enemies can react to it.

Mini-Stars also have a feat linked on Mario's profile, flying far distances. In which the Mario cast scales above, as Power Stars are the equivalent of at least 5 Mini-Stars.

Additionally the Prankster Comets can fly past 7 galaxy clusters, in which the cast scales to as the Green Stars are swarming all over them. And of course, they scale to Green Stars via Galaxy 1, 2, and 3D World.

Several things like how they work, how they appear, how they are used, how they are created, there's lore behind Galaxy's power stars while there isn't for 64's. And of course I'm sure no one really knew about Galaxy's power stars before SMG
The Fire Flower has had many design changes from the original NES version, to the SMW version, it its current design, and they all work the same. There's no reason for them to be different. 64's Power Stars not having lore doesn't prove your point, you act as if you can't add additional lore to something later in a series. Power Stars in Galaxy are still used to amplify enemies and surroundings, which it has done in 64.

His current Galaxy key scales him to the lumas which makes sense since he is being powered up by the little luma

Also for that Mario Party 6 Black hole, they weren't in the event horizon so it shouldn't count. Although I do remember Bowser escape the event horizon in Bowser's Inside Story, but that was in his giant form
Power Stars are Lumas

Anywho

Looking at Mario's profile page he first speed feat referenced should be within its own column, the Koopa Clown car shouldn't be used because the feats mentioned are similar to asking how fast the Millennium Falcon is, and the Millennium Star should not be used because the text explicitly said it fell from the sky and did not intentionally travel across the universe.
Pretty sure the Clown Car feat is used cause Mario can dodge it. Don't have much more opinion on this feat then that tho.

Also to mention, when Mario was keeping up with them, he obviously wasn't really going or reacting anywhere near MFTL+
That's... not an argument. You can't visible show someone "reacting MFTL+" without just having them avoid or move out of the way of an object that is MFTL+.

Now, Mario does have his own Relativistic feats which I can accept, I'm just not sure if I can accept anything MFTL+ that is not from Galaxy
That's kinda an argument from belief rather then an actual refute.

Now I wait for how this thread goes.

Back