• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

25 things I dislike about VS debating (and VSB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SHADOW REALM
High-key funny (someone else originally mentioned this here on different thread) that 4Kids in all their infinite wisdom thought a realm of spiritual/mental torture was more appropriate for kids then just having characters die.
How do you feel about pfps that shill their own product? 🤔
If it's their own original content then it's fine.
Holy Shit, this ain't no Fun & Games.
Oh... yes it is, you just found yourself in the wrong neighbourhood that's all.

R>F isn't quite really the same thing as uncountable infinite difference, we just assume they are, cus otherwise it's either untierable or 1-A/0.

Anyway, might as well jump in the train:

1. Discord scaling.
2. Tiktok scalers.
3. People assuming that resisting RW allows you to resist every possible Plot Manip ever.
4. Some person gatekeeping comic threads with arguments from incredulity.
5. People claiming "X character has Y ability/resistance layered in billions!" without giving proof or just "It was already accepted, so I'm not giving any proof nor explanations."
6. People who claim that the tiering system being based on math alone is terrible. And by consequence, people who downplay verses based on those.
7. References being obligatory 🐰
8. Immeasurable speed standards.
9. The bias against some LN verses.
10. Staff Favoritism. Example, Y breaks a rule and gets banned, while Z did the same thing but at best only a warning or just nothing.
11. Csap's math headcanons that they will take to their grave.
12. Double standards (Infinite examples from different verses could go in here)
13. Dragon Ball and Bleach don't getting the respect they deserve, either via a purposeful change of standards to not allow them, or similars.
14. People who make a lot of drama saying they are leaving and come back later in the same week.
15. NEP changes
16. "They reached the end of the infinite structure in a finite time so it's a contradiction, the place isn't infinite!!!!"
17. Type 4 Acausality not being treated the way it is supposed to, mostly via arbitrary conclusions.
18. "GET IN THE VC!!!!"
1. Valid.
2. Valid.
3. Valid.
4. Valid.
5. Valid.
6. Valid.
7. Valid.
8. Valid.
9. Valid. Eh lets just skip to the end here.
18. Respectfully this is some bs. I'm not tryna sit here and have no text debate for 3 hours about something that can be solved in minutes due to circular arguments. Hop in the VC, I promise I won't pack you (not 😈).

Honestly, if I have to point something I hate here, probably will be these things:

1. Anything regarding Tier 1, especially 1-A and above. It basically boils down to which OP character is more smurfy than the other and who has the bigger infinity or aleph-something-bs

2. Speaking of smurfs, I really dislike these types of characters as well, since they're just very OP with so many passives, immortalities, regen and what not, and often they also nothing more than characters that are just there for power fantasy and being OP then being actually good, or fun to debate with. Not so fun when literally every battle is "stomp because insert passive gg"

Don't you just love favoritism? Like seriously I can picture someone making the former with a smile on their face and a boner in their pants, then they'll make the latter and be like "Ugh, why am I doing this"

Don't you just love favoritism? Like seriously I can picture someone making the former with a smile on their face and a boner in their pants, then they'll make the latter and be like "Ugh, why am I doing this"

white-guy.gif

Honestly don't have a problem with that tbh. Well-liked profile just generally gets more effort put into them. No big deal. Anyone can just revise Loid to match the quality of Yor's page if they want.

Reminds me of how the Zoro and Sanji profiles used to be. With Zoro's profile having much more detailed and higher quality (And still does now, to an extent) despite both being main characters.

This is a really specific nitpick and mildly understandable considering the verse is fairly new but the WWE verse has to go though hell and back every time a new discussion happens involving it, abilities, skill, and even the fact that the verse doesn’t violate the Wiki’s rules constantly gets downplayed and misrepresented

it had to go through a CRT to get approved (standard), and Ant deleted pages after this (ok, honest mistake all cool), but even now in recent discussion and CRTs about the verse we still sometimes get a user who comes on and tries to argue the characters are stage personas, with the verse even making a cameo appearance in the Profile Deletion Request Thread

at this point you’d really expect people would realise the verse itself is legit and also in addition that they would stop downplaying feats in situations where they would never even think of doing the same with, say, a play

This is a really specific nitpick and mildly understandable considering the verse is fairly new but the WWE verse has to go though hell and back every time a new discussion happens involving it, abilities, skill, and even the fact that the verse doesn’t violate the Wiki’s rules constantly gets downplayed and misrepresented

it had to go through a CRT to get approved (standard), and Ant deleted pages after this (ok, honest mistake all cool), but even now in recent discussion and CRTs about the verse we still sometimes get a user who comes on and tries to argue the characters are stage personas, with the verse even making a cameo appearance in the Profile Deletion Request Thread

at this point you’d really expect people would realise the verse itself is legit and also in addition that they would stop downplaying feats in situations where they would never even think of doing the same with, say, a play
The entirety of the trevor henderson page got nuked after most of the info got deleted due to Trevor deleting old profiles...😭

i ain't referring to none, though i do remember a character that seemed to dream up universes in SSSS Gridman, the SSSS Gridman verse being a fully tangible verse with its own space and time and different universes, however the character who dreamt it up was like just a real life girl, the real life being like our real life. It's a confusing case however we can't really call it Low 1-C, at worst the griman characters would be 11-A but even that would be weird and inconsistent.
There's only one franchise I know of that uses the higher dimension=infinity difference in their cosmology and that's Umineko. It also has R>F differences which is even greater than this.

I mean, I understand where you're coming from but it's not like there's any evidence being superior to or transcending space-time is strictly better than anything R>F from a tiering perspective.

(Also, most people who argue about R>F differences confuse it with immersion.)

1. Low effort pages
  2. How our High 6-C/5-A scaling for Marvel/DC is handled. It makes very little sense.
  3. People thinking a FRA train is enough to pass a CRT.
  4. I think people having borderline Victim complexes about staff members is super lame
  5. Franchises made for toddlers with little combat applicability being added to the site
  6. How much leniency some verses get in comparison to others
  7. Folks that take this hobby way too seriously
  8. Folks not taking a character’s Standard Tactics into account before voting on versus threads
  9. 99% of Discord Debaters
  10. Whenever favoritism or bias blatantly comes into play during discussions about a character’s stats

Vsbw member complains people actively work on characters that are female, when male character's page isn't as good (despite the fact people are actively working on the verse)

1. Low effort pages
  2. How our High 6-C/5-A scaling for Marvel/DC is handled. It makes very little sense.
  3. People thinking a FRA train is enough to pass a CRT.
  4. I think people having borderline Victim complexes about staff members is super lame
  5. Franchises made for toddlers with little combat applicability being added to the site
  6. How much leniency some verses get in comparison to others
  7. Folks that take this hobby way too seriously
  8. Folks not taking a character’s Standard Tactics into account before voting on versus threads
  9. 99% of Discord Debaters
  10. Whenever favoritism or bias blatantly comes into play during discussions about a character’s stats
I don't think we should hate on other sites so blatantly but this post is great otherwise.

1 DB downplay
2 Speed equalized
3 The tiering system. Let me explain, Tier 10 is alright, 9-B is WAY too vast from low to high end, Might as well split 9-B and add Room Level again and call it High 9-B or Low 9-A. Tiers 8 and 7 are fine, 6 is fine until you hit High 6-A. Why is the gap between low and high ~6674 x? I dont have a problem with tiers 5 and above.

The tiering system. Let me explain, Tier 10 is alright, 9-B is WAY too vast from low to high end, Might as well split 9-B and add Room Level again and call it High 9-B or Low 9-A.
Why those two? What purpose would those make?

1. The fact that "transcending the concept of dimensions" grants 1-A but having aleph numbers or higher order cardinals grants you 1-A+, High 1-A, and Tier 0, when aleph numbers and higher order cardinals are still being used to describe number of dimensions. Make Aleph Numbers and higher order cardinals High 1-B+ or Low 1-A and stop trying to overlap it with transcending the concept of dimensions, its ******* ridiculous

2. DC and Marvel supporters on this site

3. Gamerturk's gaslighting and clout waving

4. the Bureaucrat system as a whole. whats the point of admins when there's people who have higher permissions than them that can do literally whatever they want. get rid of Bureaucrats and make admins the highest tier of staff

Last edited:
1. The fact that "transcending the concept of dimensions" grants 1-A but having aleph numbers or higher order cardinals grants you 1-A+, High 1-A, and Tier 0, when aleph numbers and higher order cardinals are still being used to describe number of dimensions.
This guy has a point. This honestly always confused me.
2. DC and Marvel supporters on this site
They are literally almost all gone, including most of the staff (or at least, I haven't seen them around for awhile).

Even for a joke you're kind of beating a dead horse here.

Aight i'mma give a rating to every single tier cause why not

11-C-11-B: somehow used by some people, but tbh idk why we even have it here in VSbattles wikia when the 11-C/B dude's can't even fight
11-A: the tier that is feared by every creature that supports a verse with R>F
10-C: gap too big, should have Low 10-C to cap out at mouse level
10-B: normie level
10-A: the most weird and inconsistent level, should just be above average human level and not athlete level
9-C: Should be the athlete level and not street level. Still think that name is dumb
9-B: tbh not the worst as people say it is, it is fairly reasonable since walls can be tough and big
9-A: name's weird but reasonable. Should be changed to room level tbh since small buildings are confusing and most of the time would need 8-C to destroy them unless they're a shack or a cement toilet area.
8-C: okay tier
High 8-C: kinda ironic that the largest buildings can't even be destroyed properly by a high 8-C person
8-B: kinda still confused on what a city block is by our standards. At least link an example or sth.
8-A: I like this tier for some reason. My criticism is the same as above but for some reason i like it.
Low 7-C: i like this one as well and also for no real reason. we can also call it crater level. But anyways the name's also kinda weird since there's no small town standard.
7-C: same as above, no town standards.
High 7-C: Same as above
Low 7-B: the tier of those who were lucky enough to not be 7 megatons
7-B: the feels good tier. Most of the time the energy to destroy a city fits right into the tier. Best tier, ngl.
7-A: the ex-shonen tier
High 7-A: the new shonen tier
6-C: way too big
High 6-C: the heck's a large island gonna look like?
Low 6-B: too small of a tier and too weird since nobody knows what's a small country supposed to be.
6-B: cool tier ngl, pretty accurate too.
High 6-B: the tier needed to finally incinerate australia
6-A: the forgotten tier
High 6-A: the tier that is way too big for its own good
5-C: fair tier ngl, kinda based.
Low 5-B: the forgotten tier N2
5-B: the most bland tier ngl. Like its accurate but its boring
5-A: another relatively weird tier, but at least its more fun than its predacessor
High 5-A: It is a tier that looks cool. It's the perfect grades tier.
Low 4-C: small and rare, but kinda fun somehow
4-C: forgotten tier N3
High 4-C: the tier of the dudes who blew up a star. Ngl should just be an extension of 4-C.
4-B: the superhero tier
4-A: the tier every dude with pocket dimensions gets
3-C: recently became very popular. It's a nice tier, a bit small.
3-B: the tier that is way too big simply because we have no other division to use here. It isn't forgotten tier N4 because it has dragonball
3-A: based
High 3-A: iT sAyS eNdLEsS, nOT iNFinItE
Low 2-C: worst tier ever
2-C: basic tier, also the tier of every dude who can put a universe inside of a universe
2-B: cOUnTLEsS >>>>>>1239573952352!!!!!11!!!
2-A: easiest tier to get to
Low 1-C: also worst tier ever
1-C: somehow harder to get than 1-B
High 1-C: see above
1-B: 2nd easiest tier 1 to get to
High 1-B: 1st easiest tier 1 to get to
Low 1-A: wtf
1-A: wtf^2
High 1-A: an abomination only lovecraft could make up
Tier 0: an abomination lovecraft did make up
Tier Unknown: L

9-C: Should be the athlete level and not street level. Still think that name is dumb
Naming it Athlete level would be misleading as 9-C still goes into low Superhuman territory, I'm afraid.

I made them way the **** back in the day where the manga had like, 18 chapters, it's just that people only bothered to keep Yor updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back